88 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:30:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tr2008gti Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: huiop2 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Damn I only bought the Mazda does that mean I'll never be able to buy the other 2 cars?

You can buy 1 of each.

If you miss any they may come back in the future or be found in the Auction House.

I really dislike this feature I think we should be given the freedom to buy/obtain cars whenever we want as long as we have the credits and/or fulfil certain requirements like completing a race or reaching a certain level. Imagine you go eat in a restaurant and are told that certain dishes you order will only be provided to you in a limited time and when time runs out they'll be taken away regardless of whether you've finished eating or not.

The restaurant analogy to support your dislike may not be ideal since the idea of a limited time dish is actually incredibly common and happens all the time! Think special of the day, in season stuff, special dishes at certain times of the year. And no, a restaurant does not take your dish you have ordered away from you whether you are done eating or not. You just aren't able to place a new order for the limited time dish once it is not available. Just like T10 and the Specialty Dealer is not taking the car you did purchase out of your collection. You just aren't able to buy a new one once they are gone.

I see where you're coming from but don't forget that those are special dishes and because they are special it's understandable that they have limited availability. However those cars in Specialty Dealer are nothing special, they are regular cars just like all the other cars in the game. By giving you limited time to buy those cars they're just making it unnecessarily harder for you to collect all the cars because if for whatever reason (on vacation for example) you miss some then they won't be available to you anytime soon. I'm totally not against making things harder but that isn't the way it should be done. They could simply make these cars unlockable by fulfilling certain requirements like winning x races in a row on x difficulty or obtain a certain score in car bowling. This would make it much more challenging (and fun) to unlock those cars. I'm never a fan of limited time events/offers in any game (except for those f2p games) because I don't like being rushed to do this and that I should be able to do everything at my own pace, it's my game and I pay for it after all.
#77 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:12:57 PM(UTC)
duplicate

Edited by user Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:17:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:15:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MojitoVerde Go to Quoted Post
My suppose: when everyone had different cars at the dealer, most of them would rant: why do those guys have the cool cars? Why do that guy have other opportunities than me?
Somebody always knows a "better" way to do things...

People will always find a reason to whine and **** . For so many people it has become what appears to be their only hobby.
#79 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:25:49 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys,

I tried looking for information on this but was unable to find any answers.

I want to try and clarify what this dealer is for...

The cars I see on offer from this dealer don't seem to be available to buy or unlock any other way (which I like) and seem to reset every few days (also like) - but have we had this confirmed at all?
Will Turn 10 really release new cars every two weeks to buy in-game from this dealer in addition to the monthly car packs?

Or are the cars on offer here actually available to buy in the game elsewhere and I've just missed that, but these ones will have a bodykit or something that gives them a collector score thats slighty higher?

Thanks in advance

1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:31:18 AM(UTC)
they are locked car from buy normally , from the "700+ car " at launch , so no " new " car as could be a car pack..
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:31:45 AM(UTC)
They have 3 cars which are there for a short while,i always buy what I can as you never know if you can get them elsewhere,and the prices are good!!
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:32:20 AM(UTC)
They are exclusive, can only be bought there and change weekly.
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:41:44 AM(UTC)
They also come with a fabrication number, so each bought car has its own. This week I waited for the exact moment the stock changed and I got number 17 on the BMW M6. So with a lot of luck and correct timing you may even get number 1. It's a neat little feature to the special dealer cars.
#84 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:49:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERT Tim Go to Quoted Post
I think that with this option in th egame it gives you the chance to buy these cars instead of unlocking them by conventional means in the game. Like improving your tier score , entering events , where you might win them.And also from buying crates .
So far , looking at the car collectoin , tab , these are more exclusive cars You seem to have plenty of time to earn the money to buy them . The three in total are around 500 000 credits.
I myself bought the first 2 after about 2 hours of playing the game , then the follow day I bought the skyline. I have been playing for 3 more days and got my money back up to that figure . That includes buying cars along the way to take part in career races .
I had early access from last friday , and now it is monday . I think it is a good feature .

I used my Forza Rewards credits to buy the Nismo and raced to get the rest.
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:57:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Damn I only bought the Mazda does that mean I'll never be able to buy the other 2 cars?

You can buy 1 of each.

If you miss any they may come back in the future or be found in the Auction House.

I really dislike this feature I think we should be given the freedom to buy/obtain cars whenever we want as long as we have the credits and/or fulfil certain requirements like completing a race or reaching a certain level. Imagine you go eat in a restaurant and are told that certain dishes you order will only be provided to you in a limited time and when time runs out they'll be taken away regardless of whether you've finished eating or not.

Try getting a McDonalds McBreakfast at McEleven O One

McDonald's serves breakfast all day now in most places.
#86 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:15:40 AM(UTC)
Haha hey thats cool
I didnt even notice that before!
#87 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:17:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

Great news

So I wonder how long this will last...weekly unique cars...
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 3/7/2045 11:34:05 AM(UTC)
#88 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:26:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clk430Racer Go to Quoted Post

You can buy 1 of each.

Not in Yurop they don't.
Wish they did.MCmuffin's at 12:00 is a must.
#89 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:17:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Monotonus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clk430Racer Go to Quoted Post

You can buy 1 of each.

Not in Yurop they don't.
Wish they did.MCmuffin's at 12:00 is a must.

I want an royal ts at 06.30 am!!!!
 3 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:19:14 AM(UTC)
Gentlemen,

Please learn how to <snip> excessive material out of your responses and stop the quote trains.

Learn it right now.

✔ Verified Moderator

#91 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:08:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sammy Valencia Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

Great news

So I wonder how long this will last...weekly unique cars...

These cars aren't unique per say. They do have a higher car collector level though.

I have a friend with 716 cars already. These locked cars can be earned other ways. I'm assuming he got his in either level up rewards and/or prize crates.

From that, I'm concluding they are not exclusive.
#92 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:18:42 AM(UTC)
not to mention that BMW is was like 250k if I am correct.
#93 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:19:57 AM(UTC)
Hmm, but I guess fair to say that not all of them are easily found (purchasable) in the game via the regular channels
#94 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:27:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

These cars aren't unique per say. They do have a higher car collector level though.

I have a friend with 716 cars already. These locked cars can be earned other ways. I'm assuming he got his in either level up rewards and/or prize crates.

From that, I'm concluding they are not exclusive.

If your friend has 716 unique cars (and by that I mean not a single duplicate in his garage), then it would make sense that he acquired them by other means. The lucky car crate would make sense, but that crate is only available for like another 15 or so days.

And they are exclusive weather you believe so or not. I currently have boughr all 6 cars that have been available. However, I am unable to buy more than one as the limit on these cars seems to be only 1. And you are also correct in the fact that they have a higher collector level. I think the cars get about a 9-10% increase in their collector level from their base level.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:37:44 AM(UTC)
New set coming today at 5pm Pacific.

I've been watching the countdown and it looks like the clock changes at the bottom half of the hour as a way of rounding. So from 1:00 to 1:30 it will read "4 hours" and then at 1:31 switch to "3 hours" until 2:31 and so on.
#96 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:41:11 AM(UTC)
i hope to still awake for that time ( here will be around 2 am )
 3 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:13:32 AM(UTC)
Why would people still stay awake after midnight for this ? It literally doesn't change anything if you have car 2 or 78465.
#98 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:19:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post
Why would people still stay awake after midnight for this ? It literally doesn't change anything if you have car 2 or 78465.

You could say that about real-life limited edition cars too, yet you know it would be cool to have that "1 out of ___" badge.
 2 users liked this post.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:31:42 AM(UTC)
I'm going to be working when they are actually released and the number of the car means nothing to me, only if I get one. I mainly just want to know what they are going to be.

-k
#100 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:05:52 PM(UTC)
nothing special imho:

1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454 ( 35.075 Cr )
2015 McLaren 570s Coupè ( 264.500 Cr )
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster ( 1.437.500 Cr )
88 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error