This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
88 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:12:42 PM(UTC)
New cars are up for 7 days.

1986 BMW M635 CSi
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series
#52 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:12:47 PM(UTC)
New cars are up!

1986 BMW M635CSi @ 235,750 CR
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen @ 53,475 CR
2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series @ 195,500 CR

Edit: Well PJ ninja'd me. But yes, 7 Days this time around, not 14.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:13:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:21:26 PM(UTC)
Looking at the prices of the six cars so far, five of them have been priced at exactly 15% more than their "sticker price" (i.e., the car's value). For some reason, the Ford was marked up by 13.76%, unless I wrote down the price wrong last week. So basically, the specialty dealer is pretty realistic - a car showroom that gouges its customers on a consistent basis! :)
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:28:26 PM(UTC)
I was refreshing and I bought ASAP and still got the #115 BMW (which I bought first). Will have to be quicker next time! I like this feature a lot though.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:07:26 PM(UTC)
Damn I only bought the Mazda does that mean I'll never be able to buy the other 2 cars?
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:30:33 PM(UTC)
I believe the specialty dealer refreshed today and was not able to get on forza, any idea what the new cars are?
 2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:54:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TehWalrus2234 Go to Quoted Post
I believe the specialty dealer refreshed today and was not able to get on forza, any idea what the new cars are?

Wow read much. Look up a couple of posts
#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:02:28 PM(UTC)
I got the Mercedes immediately when I saw it. It was a good car in FH3. Also picked up the Honda because it's cheap and as an import tuner will probably be in some demand. Overall the cars this week are not as strong as the first.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:09:42 PM(UTC)
The cars are probably marked up because they give you more car tier points then normal. Just a wild guess
#60 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:27:31 PM(UTC)
I'm not seeing any new cars under specialty dealer
#61 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:36:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: huiop2 Go to Quoted Post
Damn I only bought the Mazda does that mean I'll never be able to buy the other 2 cars?

You can buy 1 of each.

If you miss any they may come back in the future or be found in the Auction House.
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:45:49 PM(UTC)
It would have been much better if the cars were randomised for each player. I think that would stimulate the auction house by having people trade cars they don't want for ones they do, having the potential of every locked car being available to someone from the games lauch. I really like the idea of to work to obtain a car, I just don't care for having to potentially wait 6 months to drive the cars I want and have a chance to use them while the game is still fresh and not after most things are done.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:01:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
It would have been much better if the cars were randomised for each player. I think that would stimulate the auction house by having people trade cars they don't want for ones they do, having the potential of every locked car being available to someone from the games lauch. I really like the idea of to work to obtain a car, I just don't care for having to potentially wait 6 months to drive the cars I want and have a chance to use them while the game is still fresh and not after most things are done.

If this was how specialty dealers worked, then it would do wonders, as the auction house would go into a trade frenzy once it opened up. Good for the Forza economy, I reckon.
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:19:19 AM(UTC)
I'll buy them all just because...
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:38:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

You can buy 1 of each.

If you miss any they may come back in the future or be found in the Auction House.

So what cars are in the crates? I thought the specialty dealer was just a chance to buy them instead of it being a random drop.
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:26:59 AM(UTC)
A++ to the idea of the specialty dealer being randomized for every player.
 6 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:46:28 AM(UTC)

You can buy 1 of each.

I really dislike this feature I think we should be given the freedom to buy/obtain cars whenever we want as long as we have the credits and/or fulfil certain requirements like completing a race or reaching a certain level. Imagine you go eat in a restaurant and are told that certain dishes you order will only be provided to you in a limited time and when time runs out they'll be taken away regardless of whether you've finished eating or not.
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:56:50 AM(UTC)

You can buy 1 of each.

I really dislike this feature I think we should be given the freedom to buy/obtain cars whenever we want as long as we have the credits and/or fulfil certain requirements like completing a race or reaching a certain level. Imagine you go eat in a restaurant and are told that certain dishes you order will only be provided to you in a limited time and when time runs out they'll be taken away regardless of whether you've finished eating or not.

Imagine ordering a car. The spec sheet includes AC and sunroof. But when you buy it, the dealer says AC and sunroof will come later. He doesn't know when, but you will have the chance to get it at some point.

Getting everything from the start would be boring. It's fun, keeps you excited about your new car.
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:05:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WeamDreaver Go to Quoted Post

You can buy 1 of each.

Imagine ordering a car. The spec sheet includes AC and sunroof. But when you buy it, the dealer says AC and sunroof will come later. He doesn't know when, but you will have the chance to get it at some point.

Getting everything from the start would be boring. It's fun, keeps you excited about your new car.

You are missing the point. I'm not saying that we should be able to get everything from the start. I'm saying we should have the freedom to choose what to unlock next and when. I don't mind if I have to put in a lot of effort to unlock new cars. But when they set a time limit they take our freedom away from us. "Either do as we say and buy the cars now, or wait several months for them to reappear in Forzathon, or spend a ton in Auction house and hope you are the highest bidder". "Don't feel like getting these cars at the moment but want them next week or next month? No way!"

Should we be able to get everything from the start? No. Should we have the freedom to choose what and when we want to unlock next? Yes.

And I most certainly would not be excited if I pay the full price for a car, a laptop or any product for that matter, and it comes with several components missing or not working. In fact I would contact the seller and either demand a refund or have him send me a replacement. No offence but I believe that's what most people would do in such situations...
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:41:57 AM(UTC)

You can buy 1 of each.

The restaurant analogy to support your dislike may not be ideal since the idea of a limited time dish is actually incredibly common and happens all the time! Think special of the day, in season stuff, special dishes at certain times of the year. And no, a restaurant does not take your dish you have ordered away from you whether you are done eating or not. You just aren't able to place a new order for the limited time dish once it is not available. Just like T10 and the Specialty Dealer is not taking the car you did purchase out of your collection. You just aren't able to buy a new one once they are gone.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:03:54 AM(UTC)

You can buy 1 of each.

Try getting a McDonalds McBreakfast at McEleven O One
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#72 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:06:10 AM(UTC)
First time around all my cars were 20k and 30k numbered. This time I believe the two I picked up so far are in the 8k range.

I don't get what all the fuss is about not being able to buy what you want when you want. Real life doesn't work like that. This game isn't even close to mimicking real life or we'd Lol just have three or four cars in the garage of that were the case.
 3 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:12:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post

You can buy 1 of each.

Try getting a McDonalds McBreakfast at McEleven O One

McDonalds has all day breakfast now so....
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:13:54 AM(UTC)
My suppose: when everyone had different cars at the dealer, most of them would rant: why do those guys have the cool cars? Why do that guy have other opportunities than me?
Somebody always knows a "better" way to do things...
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:14:38 AM(UTC)
:)
88 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error