88 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:19:11 PM(UTC)
I think the number at the top right is just the number of days the car will be available to purchase in the Specialty Vendor, nothing to do with production numbers or number of people buying the car. After those days are up, a new selection of cars will become available.

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 7:00:26 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know if the cars in the specialty dealer are only obtained through that or can I get them elsewhere?

The cars in the specialty dealer are normal cars and I thought I could purchase them through the buy car screen but seems that I can’t.
#28 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 7:12:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iiTzepic scopez Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if the cars in the specialty dealer are only obtained through that or can I get them elsewhere?

The cars in the specialty dealer are normal cars and I thought I could purchase them through the buy car screen but seems that I can’t.

As far as we know, they are only available in the specialty dealer and you can only buy them from there once.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#29 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 7:32:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Clk430Racer Go to Quoted Post
I believe the cars in the specialty dealer are also limited to a certain number of vehicles that are available to be purchased. When I purchased the 1995 Nissan Nismo GT-R LM "Production Run" and had number 492 and a date . Either there are only 492 of these cars to be sold or I bought the 492nd car of this model from the specialty dealer in .

Well have some good or bad news on this all depends how you look at it I guess

My Nissan is number 863
My Ford is number. 889
MY Mazda is number 1215

So im guessing here that cars will be sold to the end of the date and not untill sold out, so number of units for sale will be based on how many are sold till time runs out to buy one, I intend to buy all cars on offer from the Specialty Dealer.

That number is the edition of your car.

There is an infinite supply, but you own Car #1215 of that sale run, Car #863 etc.

My MX-5 is #800 for example, and my Nissan is around #5500.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:43:15 AM(UTC)
Why make a big deal of the availability of cars? There have been racing games, where you ONLY could get a car, for example, after a 24h Championship in real time. I like races. I like long races. But I don´t like 24h of racing! Then I prefer this dealer...

BTW: the auction house is coming. Then it´s only a question of the price tag.

Edited by user Monday, October 2, 2017 8:43:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 10:44:55 AM(UTC)
I've noticed something about this dealer. You can only buy one of each car from the dealer, and mentions upon doing so that you have reached the limit of this type of car you can own.

This may mean that players can only have (or at least buy) ONE of each Exclusive Car. This could be Turn 10's way to circumvent the problem with FH3, where some players would buy multiple copies of Forzathon or otherwise limited cars and then resell them for a massive profit on the Auction House.

The AH might be a possible exception because I don't know (no one does at the moment) if you can buy, for example, a Showcase car before you've actually done that car's Showcase Event. If you can, that would allow you to have duplicate Exclusive Cars. Winning one from a Prize Crate may also be an exception, but of the three I've bought, I haven't won an Exclusive Car in any of them.
One of "The 50"
#32 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 11:06:45 AM(UTC)
I think that with this option in th egame it gives you the chance to buy these cars instead of unlocking them by conventional means in the game. Like improving your tier score , entering events , where you might win them.And also from buying crates .
So far , looking at the car collectoin , tab , these are more exclusive cars You seem to have plenty of time to earn the money to buy them . The three in total are around 500 000 credits.
I myself bought the first 2 after about 2 hours of playing the game , then the follow day I bought the skyline. I have been playing for 3 more days and got my money back up to that figure . That includes buying cars along the way to take part in career races .
I had early access from last friday , and now it is monday . I think it is a good feature .
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
The specialty dealer is a great idea IMO and I like the fact that players cannot load up on one car at the dealer and then price gouge at the auction house later. The Mazda is a GREAT car btw.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 1:17:36 PM(UTC)
I want to know if we have to wait like 3 months or so before we can purchase certain cars in the game from the specialty dealer.

For example a car you want to use in the game is not available to buy but only put in through the specialty dealer. Does that mean I have to wait until a certain date just to Buy that car.
#35 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 6:47:59 PM(UTC)
Public Service Announcement:

The time to buy the Ford Falcon XY GTHO, Mazda MX-5 Super20, and the Nissan Skyline NISMO GT-R LM is drawing to a close very soon.

More cars will arrive after that; you may wish to save up credits if you want the cars early.
One of "The 50"
#36 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 7:52:14 PM(UTC)
Yeah I picked up the Mazda and Nissan. I'm starting to keep a note for what cars have been offered to see if and when things repeat and how much they are.

-k
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:30:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

The time to buy the Ford Falcon XY GTHO, Mazda MX-5 Super20, and the Nissan Skyline NISMO GT-R LM is drawing to a close very soon.

More cars will arrive after that; you may wish to save up credits if you want the cars early.

When does the dealer update? 6hours been and nothing so far :)

5 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:44:40 AM(UTC)
Typically vague from Turn 10.

Here's a new feature, you guess the ins and outs.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:59:16 AM(UTC)
It will be a race to get the #00001/xxxxx in the next batch!
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:02:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PrplM3sNjetskis Go to Quoted Post

That said, I always have that sinking feeling that timing and/or release-times never are consistent worldwide. Chances are #00001 is gone even before you see new cars appear at your dealer.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:03:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iiTzepic scopez Go to Quoted Post
I want to know if we have to wait like 3 months or so before we can purchase certain cars in the game from the specialty dealer.

For example a car you want to use in the game is not available to buy but only put in through the specialty dealer. Does that mean I have to wait until a certain date just to Buy that car.

Just buy the stuff already. It's not exactly much you have to pay and it's all locked stuff - you know, the stuff so many people moan about.

If you check Manteo's list of locked cars (excluding DLC cars) and substract showcase and locked FE cars you get a bit under 100 ordinary locked cars, like the ones from the specialty dealer. If we get three cars offered every week and there's a full rotation, you can expect to see the cars back in about 8 months, if they're not featured in Forzathon aswell (unlikely that we won't see them there).

Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:09:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToranBlackwater Go to Quoted Post
If we get three cars offered every week and there's a full rotation, you can expect to see the cars back in about 8 months, if they're not featured in Forzathon aswell (unlikely that we won't see them there).

Big IF there, I hope. In all honesty, I would NOT like to see cars reappear ever. What is the use of getting cool/exclusive/limited cars from the SPECIALTY DEALER if cars will be reproduced endlessly?

Bit like actually collecting cars in real life, paying $40 million for a certain Ferrari or whatever brand and a day later Ferrari announces it will reproduce those cars endlessly. I think a bucketload of collectos will see the value of their cars diminish overnight.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:29:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ToranBlackwater Go to Quoted Post
If we get three cars offered every week and there's a full rotation, you can expect to see the cars back in about 8 months, if they're not featured in Forzathon aswell (unlikely that we won't see them there).

Big IF there, I hope. In all honesty, I would NOT like to see cars reappear ever. What is the use of getting cool/exclusive/limited cars from the SPECIALTY DEALER if cars will be reproduced endlessly?

Bit like actually collecting cars in real life, paying $40 million for a certain Ferrari or whatever brand and a day later Ferrari announces it will reproduce those cars endlessly. I think a bucketload of collectos will see the value of their cars diminish overnight.

It's highly unlikely they won't show up in Forzathon, as did so many regular cars in FH3's Forzathons. And there are still the Prize Crates. People will eventually buy them if there's nothing else to buy or if they're in the mood. They won't become extremely rare but rare enough even if they show up again in a later rotation. And don't forget the majority of players ain't hardcore Forza Car Collectors, they sell the stuff they don't like.
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:43:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PrplM3sNjetskis Go to Quoted Post

I'd love it if they also added mileage info to every player owned car. That way having a low production number model with low mileage would get you even more cash from the AH. :)
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:35:57 AM(UTC)
someone know at what time the " specialty dealer " will be update with the new cars today?
#46 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:09:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DriftingSnail97 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

When does the dealer update? 6hours been and nothing so far :)

Unfortunately I don't know.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say midnight GMT. I know when I started playing on 9/29 EST time zone, it already told me "13 Days", so I'm thinking the 14th day was done already. I started around 7:30 PM, which would've been 12:30 AM GMT.
One of "The 50"
#47 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:56:36 AM(UTC)
Okey, so now specialty dealer shows how many hours left! right now it is 11hours so 0:00gmt is pretty close ;)
#48 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:12:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NitroDrift DK Go to Quoted Post
someone know at what time the " specialty dealer " will be update with the new cars today?

I wonder if we're getting any kind of update today?

It is a Tuesday....

Kinda makes sense they'd rotate em in that way?

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#49 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:15:17 AM(UTC)
now it say " 11 hours left " .. so ill see tomorrow morning... i hope in some good cars..

i dont think we will get a game update today, maybe friday...

Edited by user Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:15:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:19:24 AM(UTC)
Bump. We can keep the list of cars offered by the specialty dealer in this post. A quick reference to see if there are ever any repeats and so forth
88 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error