7 Pages<<4567PrevNext
#126 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:47:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lardian Go to Quoted Post
After a WHOLE day of downloading at cca 86GB the error popped, and now the download can't continue. It shows 0x80070005 error. How is this level of awfulness even possible ?
I thought that MS would be able to programm working store app. Also I'm downloading this to my SSD, so thanks for shortening its lifespan with your inconpetence.
Should I also send the store logs btw ? I would be THRILLED to have the game downloaded before the early access launch...

This happened with me too, 57% then I got 0x80070005 error... and I can't download it anymore!
#127 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:50:19 AM(UTC)
I'm in my ninth attempt after 65GB in fact ... this morning, just before leaving to work I take a look "error" and it starts from scratch ...
I prefer to turn off the PC that runs non-stop since Tuesday ...
 1 user liked this post.
#128 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 8:14:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SinewyDamiano82 Go to Quoted Post
Hy guys!!
Sorry for my english are italian.
You must uninstall the 100mb preorder files.
Start
Programs
Forza Motorsport 7
Uninstall
And let the game download again.

This actually allowed the game to start downloading. I'll update how it goes.

#129 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:48:36 PM(UTC)
That is just crazy if the solution is that simple? can anyone else confirm that this solution works?
#130 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:56:19 PM(UTC)
Same problem for me, the download crashes at 2GB, 10 Gb , 50GB, randomly every time, that never end
#131 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:05:05 PM(UTC)
I just wish Turn 10 would let us know something. Launching a game is always difficult especially with cross platform being added into the mix. But choosing to keep silent and not offer any solutions or just say "hey we are aware...". The problem is only affecting those who paid 100 bucks today. I'm sure the mess will be sorted by launch day. I suppose we will just have to wait.
#132 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:23:17 PM(UTC)
I had three days of not being able to download this game at all despite trying literally EVERYTHING except reinstalling Windows 10 again, something I wasn't prepared to when every other game from Steam, Origin, UPlay and even most Windows Store games were updating and playing fine. In the end, being a Windows Insider, I decided to switch to the Slow Ring and install the latest Redstone 3 build 16299 (an early version of the Creators Fall Update due for release in October) and despite the three VIP/Car Pack files failing to install, which led me to think nothing had changed, I am now actually downloading the game, although whether it actually downloads all 95 GB without restarting remains to be seen. I now have five files queued instead of four as there is now an FM7 Ultimate Edition (which currently just shows Installing) and one called FM7 (which shows as 729.1 MB installed of 95.3 GB).

Maybe, the issue would have fixed itself without upgrading but if you are still have problems getting the download to even start like I was and are an Insider then it might be worth trying build 16299. I believe it's a near final build anyway so I thought it was worth the risk. I can always play the Xbox One version while I wait for the PC version to download and the great thing about the PlayAnywhere scheme is that I can share the same save file between both games. It's about the only thing Microsoft has got right when it comes to the Store and PC games support. Everything else has been a disaster.
#133 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:42:08 PM(UTC)
I tried to download for over 24 hours, stopped around 80 gigs. Kept restarting download and stopping with the same error messages. I tried deleting & reinstalling the game. Now the download won;t even begin, just keeps prompting me to install after I keep indicating the drive I want it installed on. I'm in even worse shape than I started.
#134 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 10:23:03 PM(UTC)
Absolutely useless. Nothing happens when I choose install.
I paid extra to play this game early too. False advertising. How are things going to be made right?

UPDATE

I have a trick that may or may not work. It worked for me having the Ultimate pack. Rather than clicking on the Ultimate Pack to download, I clicked on the individual DLCs that were available to me. They mostly download but resulted in an error at the end (due to the game not actually being installed). I then clicked on the regular Forza 7 Standard and was able to download and install it, then I re-downloaded the DLCs individually. This is essentially all the Ultimate pack is - there's no one click does it all as there should be

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 1:48:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#135 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 12:18:48 AM(UTC)
Had the same problem, got to 70gb and had an error... clicked resume and it started back at 0. Had a look on my ssd and found that all of the files were actually still there (could see folders with tracks, cars etc), however the download would keep failing, so I followed a few of the suggestions here on the forums - reset the store, disabled apps updating, ran SubInACL tool with a cmd as recommended by microsoft.... and now all of the files have been deleted and the download fails within a few mins of restarting.

Got to say that I had no idea this kinda thing still happened. What a blessing Steam has been. Yeah the sure the game is big and cross platform and launches are hard etc, but it's ridiculous , i've never had a problem like this with steam for like a decade, and even ORIGIN hasn't been this poor hahahaha

Honestly I was willing to waste a few more days downloading the whole thing again even in the unlikely event that it would have worked. But now I can't even do that.
#136 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:31:23 AM(UTC)
For any whose download is restarting, is it actually restarting?

I think mine has actually been continuing to download dispite the WinStore progress tracker telling me it has gone back down to 100MB/95GB

If I go here, where the game is being installed, the file size is actually getting there, currently at 74GB / 95GB:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.106.2356.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

It looks like the data is accumulating dispite getting errors then the progress bar going back to nil.

I'd love if someone could confirm this, my connection is a measly 8mb/s so it will be sometime before I get the remaining 20GB, and for now all I can do is keep my fingers crossed that the installer will be able to locate and compile all the data once it's there.
#137 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:10:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sicnnasty161 Go to Quoted Post
For any whose download is restarting, is it actually restarting?

I think mine has actually been continuing to download dispite the WinStore progress tracker telling me it has gone back down to 100MB/95GB

If I go here, where the game is being installed, the file size is actually getting there, currently at 74GB / 95GB:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.106.2356.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

It looks like the data is accumulating dispite getting errors then the progress bar going back to nil.

I'd love if someone could confirm this, my connection is a measly 8mb/s so it will be sometime before I get the remaining 20GB, and for now all I can do is keep my fingers crossed that the installer will be able to locate and compile all the data once it's there.

If it is working for you then cross your fingers, for me something that I did that was recommended to do ended up clearing all of those files that were already downloaded.
#138 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:54:06 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - All posts to this forum must be in English. Please translate your message before posting - D]
https://translate.google.com/

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:24:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#139 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:49:17 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,
there's a solution to the "not so great" MS store,

https://www.reddit.com/r...h3_redownloading_fix_pc/
bascially you can download the file through desktop download, or even better through some download acceletator - which can resume if there's a problem, and then manually install
just follow those steps, its' pretty straight forward

I tried these steps and it now appears to be installed on my system, if I try to get updates it doesn't show forza in the list anymore, so hopefully it's all good and ready for release
“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
#140 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:31:37 AM(UTC)
Just to confirm that dispite WinStore saying that the download has started from scratch, the game does actually download the full thing. Once done installation is complete and you are good to go.

Ignore progress in WinStore, check your folder size to see progress:

It should tell you the size on drive and the actual size.
#141 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 12:52:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KingBrownies Go to Quoted Post
Hy guys!!
Sorry for my english are italian.
You must uninstall the 100mb preorder files.
Start
Programs
Forza Motorsport 7
Uninstall
And let the game download again.

This actually allowed the game to start downloading. I'll update how it goes.

Worked. Downloaded the game fine after I deleted the file
#142 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 11:26:48 PM(UTC)
The Standard Edition on PC works ? is it Downloadable ?

#143 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:36:00 AM(UTC)
If I try to JUST install Forza Motorsport Standard Edition, just nothing happens. Even tried the 3 other packages before, which of course fail to install.
 1 user liked this post.
#144 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 10:19:55 AM(UTC)
good ...
how do we get a refund now?
If i can not even install it without a fiber optic connection I will never play ...
#145 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:45:06 PM(UTC)
hahahaha I starting the download at 3.30pm then halfway awake at 4am it freaking stopped

when I resumed it suddenly the data allocated faster from where it stopped and it starts downloading from there

so I going 2 keep going until it finishes and don't give up whenever I can hahahaha

now restarting from 25GB with a peasant 5MB connections
#146 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 3:57:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: No ABS ESP TCS Go to Quoted Post
good ...
If i can not even install it without a fiber optic connection I will never play ...

If you purchased the game digitally you would have received an email with your order and order ID. Get your order ID and contact Microsoft Support via their website and use the IM chat to speak with a Microsoft Support person.
Quote your order ID and request a refund due to this error.
#147 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 9:14:34 PM(UTC)
good ...

yup, official release day, still cant downlaod,,,
#148 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:14:29 PM(UTC)
good ...

well it's 95GB, so you can't expect that it will download in a jiffy on 56k modem
“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
#149 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:43:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: marepa Go to Quoted Post
good ...

well it's 95GB, so you can't expect that it will download in a jiffy on 56k modem

It would take most people 30-60 hours on a slower connection. The issue is you cannot PAUSE the update, because when you resume, it will resume at 0.

Most people can't go for 3-ish days without using their internet while it downloads a single game. They have work and other things to do.

It is amazing that these PC gamers who most likely play on steam aren;t on the steam forums complaining about the same thing.

Because you can pause downloads and resume them with no error on steam and because steam game downloads are compressed. So a game is 45-60gb not 100gb.
#150 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 4:05:10 AM(UTC)
This is hopeless. They should refund our money. Microsoft probably has the most data centers and most experienced network engineers on the planet....but this happens. The team who developed the Windows Store should be fired. This is the most important product launch of the year and it's a complete failure.
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error