7 Pages<<34567PrevNext
#101 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:11:37 AM(UTC)
Finally, there's a sticky on the issue in the forum! Yay! Should have gone up yesterday IMO though as there's nothing worst than feeling ignored...

I've now successfully downloaded the game..

... on my Xbox One! :-)

Yup, it downloaded first time and very quickly - half a day on my 14 Mbps - which makes me wonder if Microsoft haven't intentionally crippled the Store to give more server bandwidth for the console version. Hey, I'm a cynic but considering how many times these issues happen (it must be every major 25+ GB release on the Store, right?) then either Microsoft are ignoring the issue or they just have incompetent coders on the PC side. I can't think of the last game that failed to download and install on Steam, Origin or UPlay but I can think of plenty from the Store (Reboot, Quantum Break, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Forza Horizon 3, just off the top of my head... not a great track record at all!!! That speaks volume for the quality control in my view... or lack thereof.

Anyway, I still cannot download the PC version; it won't even start as all four files fail during the installing part. At this point I don't think I will be playing the game on my PC come the 29th but at least I can play *something* even if the Xbox One version was not the platform I wanted to play the game on (the FM7 demo runs at 4K/60 FPS on my PC... who needs Xbox One X!!!).

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:13:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#102 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:51:46 AM(UTC)
This time i got the DL-break at 27gb, so i checked the update button and this "mail & calendar update" came the 1st time right before Forza 7. After some time it canceled with an error, paused the Forza 7 install til the error from m&c-update and now after this i startet with 14mbit forza 7 DL. The m&c-upate is still in the queue but with this nice error, so i hope it will stay so til the DL from forza 7 is finished. I write later.
#103 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:18:10 PM(UTC)
I connected about an hour ago and according to my update page the Mail and Calendar had finally updated without an error. I couldn't do anything with the FM7 download as it's too late here, so I'll try again in the morning. I also disabled the apps auto-updating option through the Store settings, not just through Windows. Even if this mail thingy isn't actually updated at least it shouldn't pop up again now.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:24:29 PM(UTC)
I'm trying a sideloading method of installing the game which has me downloading the Eapp bundle first as a normal download and so far the download hasn't failed.
#105 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:31:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Gh0sts Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying a sideloading method of installing the game which has me downloading the Eapp bundle first as a normal download and so far the download hasn't failed.

Please keep us informed, Ive tried 7 times.

#106 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:43:25 PM(UTC)
So i started the download through IDM like you suggested. Its a learning curve for me bc i never used IDM or Fiddler. I think i did right, bc its downloading the 95+gbs. However i may have set it up wrong as my transfer rate seems slow. I really appreciate you taking the time to figure this out, I only hope i can figure how to install it. Im a little worried about it to be honest.
#107 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:49:38 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone,

I have had the same issue. It got to 60%....reset and start again.

Then is was 25%....same deal.

So I uninstalled all things related to Forza 7 on my PC and started again. So for, it is downloading again and I can even turn my PC off and it will resume without issue.

I am hoping that it will work this time as it is 95.3 GB each time....

Mike
 1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:57:25 PM(UTC)
well... in my case the download didnt starts at all :(
#109 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:12:54 PM(UTC)
Unable to download without an error resetting my progress to 0.

I've blown through 40gb of quota so far, wasted a day. Nothing.

Have updated all my drivers, firmware, software, bios, windows, ran virus scans.

Still the same problem.
#110 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:34:27 PM(UTC)
There is no way I'll be able to play Ultimate for early access, I wont even make the standard release window.

In fact, I wont even make that because at attempt 16, I still cannot download the game without errors and it being reset to 0

I am very disappointing in Microsoft and Turn 10.
#111 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:30:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steinklar Go to Quoted Post
This time i got the DL-break at 27gb, so i checked the update button and this "mail & calendar update" came the 1st time right before Forza 7. After some time it canceled with an error, paused the Forza 7 install til the error from m&c-update and now after this i startet with 14mbit forza 7 DL. The m&c-upate is still in the queue but with this nice error, so i hope it will stay so til the DL from forza 7 is finished. I write later.

So in the night i think my isp kicked the DL and so another 50gb waisted, because there is no resume option... very clever move microsoft.

This time forza 7/ 95gb waisted 600gb traffic only at my pc, next time forza 8/ maybe 300gb with 8k textures will waist 2TB traffic?

Very cool stuff i'm happy being there.
#112 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:09:44 PM(UTC)
I can no longer get the game to even start downloading on my PC... I have four FM7 files sat in the queue reporting errors: FM7 Ultimate Edition has error code: 0x803FB107 and FM7 Hoonigan Car Pack, FM7 Day One Car Pack and FM7 VIP all show error code: 0x80073D12 (for which I can find no mention of in Google for the latter error).. I hold absolutely no hope of these errors being resolved once the game is unlocked at midnight today.

Why is the Windows Store so problematic? Honestly, I think every 30+ GB game I've downloaded from the Store has had an issue of some kind (usually restarting the download from 0% part way through) but yet I know it's nothing to do with my PC because I've downloaded (no joke!) thousands of GBs of games from Origin, UPlay and Steam. They just work as expected, the Store rarely does and when it fails you get a useless error code that tells you nothing about what the issue actually is without Googling it. It's hopeless.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:11:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#113 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:31:20 PM(UTC)
This is very sad and unfortuate, Microsoft should really get their stuff together

downloaded till about 60GB then it encountered erorr and yep, you got it right, it started re-downloading form 0% :( this is really annoying
Steam can absolutely resume where it left off, why can't MS store ?

sadly Turn10 can't really do much about it I'm afraid
“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:57:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wideload1971 Go to Quoted Post
I connected about an hour ago and according to my update page the Mail and Calendar had finally updated without an error. I couldn't do anything with the FM7 download as it's too late here, so I'll try again in the morning. I also disabled the apps auto-updating option through the Store settings, not just through Windows. Even if this mail thingy isn't actually updated at least it shouldn't pop up again now.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Nope. Still didn't work. Now it errors out almost straight away. According to a sticky on here we have to wait for the game to unlock to complete (i.e. start) the download. So much for pre-downloading. Oh yeah, apparently it's all our fault for 'intermittent connections'. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with their Mail app failing and causing the issues during the initial download.. No way could it possibly be MS's fault.
#115 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:36:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: viperwolf02 Go to Quoted Post
So i started the download through IDM like you suggested. Its a learning curve for me bc i never used IDM or Fiddler. I think i did right, bc its downloading the 95+gbs. However i may have set it up wrong as my transfer rate seems slow. I really appreciate you taking the time to figure this out, I only hope i can figure how to install it. Im a little worried about it to be honest.

this is in the wrong thread, I hate this moderation period. I have to wait to see anything i post. Anyway, im tryin the alternate download and its at 80% right now and running strong.
#116 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:18:07 AM(UTC)
Hey Guys,

These are the steps i used to fix my download troubles with Forza 7

-Cancel downloads and exit store.

-Windows key + R then type: wsreset

-The store should pop back up and you'll need to sign back in, Once you've signed back in click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click my library. Once you've clicked my library find Forza motorsport 7.

-Hit the download key and fingers crossed it works for you like it did for me :)
#117 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:43:13 AM(UTC)
Code: 0x80070005 - at 40gb, yippiiee - Forza 7 Ultimate = Ultimate Fail? :-) So i hope my Samsung 850 pro will survive the 600gb Extra Win10-Store-trash .... how long is the warranty? Hopefully Samsung is not asking with a deep Darth Vader voice. are you one of the "Forza 7 Ultimate First Download Users"? So the warranty is not with you .... PC-User ....!!!
#118 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:40:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DoP l Oblivion Go to Quoted Post
Hey Guys,

-The store should pop back up and you'll need to sign back in, Once you've signed back in click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click my library. Once you've clicked my library find Forza motorsport 7.

-Hit the download key and fingers crossed it works for you like it did for me :)

I was reluctant before but I figured I may as well give it a go as I don't trust MS to 'fix' the issue at launch like the sticky says. I'm going nowhere now so what have I got to lose?
One question though, previously there were two downloads for FM7 and FM7 Ultimate (both downloaded equally at the same time) but now there's only one download for FM7.
Is that correct? Do I install the Ultimate bit after (if) it finishes?
This is my first pre-load so I'm unsure and it's also the Windows Store which isn't known for it's reliability.
#119 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:01:51 AM(UTC)
Same problem here.
Sorry to read you're so many to have this pb like me and a little thing for DEV but enough for me.
Fix or no fix I dont care actualy. Since 09/25 I'm trying to download this game and nothing happened.

#120 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:45:22 AM(UTC)
Been trying since the download was made available, I think 18GB was the most I ever got before the error. Trying one last time before I head off to work, if it fails again (no reason to assume it won't) I definitely won't have it ready for the start of the early access tonight. Also assuming we won't be getting any of the extra money we paid back for missing that if this problem persists.
#121 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:54:43 AM(UTC)
Hey Guys,

It didnt worked, i did also all the other tips. Maybe i should test the fiddler thing.
#122 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:04:16 AM(UTC)
So 3 days are enough, i dont want the ultimate-fai-experience anymore. In 1 month maybe i'm back. I think this is a possible timeframe for microsoft or turn10 to find a solution. We all have seen, in a shorter time there was no solution for this problem. It feels like no one tested it and this after the bad FH3 start from last year is really ....
#123 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:34:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Steinklar Go to Quoted Post
Hey Guys,

It didnt worked, i did also all the other tips. Maybe i should test the fiddler thing.

It didn't work for me either. It was going well with decent, constant speeds and about half way through I went for dinner. Came back and it had failed with an error again. They better hope that the whole thing downloads at early access launch for everyone (as they suggest) or there's going to be some very angry mobs around here.
#124 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:39:59 AM(UTC)
mine just failed again, gotta be joking ANOTHER 45 GB DOWN THE TOILET

There better be some compensation or im getting a refund
#125 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:05:30 PM(UTC)
I’m already an angry mob, this is pathetic. I will ask for a refund if I can’t play this next weekend.

Edited by user Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:07:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages<<34567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error