This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:25:59 PM(UTC)
Same problem as others in this thread. I downloaded about 75gb, closed the store and turned my PC off for the night. Today I start my PC to continue the download, had to start from scratch.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:26:44 PM(UTC)
Everytime it gets to 55-60gb I get Error 0x80070005 , with my internet speed it should of been done in 4-5 hours but I been trying to download it all day
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:28:35 PM(UTC)
worked for me first time, took about 3 hours with 100mbps
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:30:15 PM(UTC)
Imagine being able to code a downloader that doesn't reset your entire progress just because something interrupted the download, maybe even a way to verify your games' files!

I wonder how other software manages to do things like that for decades now, they must be keeping all the genius programmers for themselves.
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:37:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nGouki Go to Quoted Post
Imagine being able to code a downloader that doesn't reset your entire progress just because something interrupted the download, maybe even a way to verify your games' files!

I wonder how other software manages to do things like that for decades now, they must be keeping all the genius programmers for themselves.

Get out of here with your black magic ! Every time I load steam my games start downloading from scratch, it makes the whole gaming experience worth it !
#56 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:47:58 PM(UTC)
I've been trying to download FM7 for the past 24 hours with no success, I guess I'll have to switch to the Xbox One version and stream that on Thursday instead of the PC version.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:47:17 PM(UTC)
I managed to get the download to work. Initially it got to 81 gb then failed. I hit restart and it got to 58.58mb and failed. I tried this multiple times and rebooted a few times along the way but failed at 58.58 every time.

A few hours ago I clicked the x to cancel the download then clicked the updates button and the download of forza started agin though this time it looked different. All of the failed attempts showed both Forza 7 and Forza 7 ultimate edition in the queue and both showed the error code. After canceling them and clicking the get updates only Forza 7 appeared in the queue and it downloaded to completion in a little under 3hrs with download speed ranging from 60-80mb/s or at least while I was looking.

Now that the download has complete it shows Forza 7 Ultimate edition installed and modified a few minutes ago under recent activity.

So to any who are still having the problem try clicking the x and then the updates button and see if that works for you too.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:51:28 PM(UTC)
I'm a PC user. System is fully updated.
Same restarting and downloading from scratch issues for me too. 6 times its spat the dummy and restarted downloading.
So far Its used 80GB out of my 200GB per month allowance just for Forza 7 and still got nothing.
Thanks Microsoft and Turn 10.
It will be half way thru October when my quota reset before I can hopefully download the game I paid for.
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:03:37 PM(UTC)
First time it failed for me at close to 80GB (I did pause the download once). Second time it managed to finish the download (I didn't pause the download or do anything with the PC). I said it last year and I say it this year: MS store is a complete joke!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:04:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:24:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HBR RoadHog Go to Quoted Post
I managed to get the download to work. Initially it got to 81 gb then failed. I hit restart and it got to 58.58mb and failed. I tried this multiple times and rebooted a few times along the way but failed at 58.58 every time.

A few hours ago I clicked the x to cancel the download then clicked the updates button and the download of forza started agin though this time it looked different. All of the failed attempts showed both Forza 7 and Forza 7 ultimate edition in the queue and both showed the error code. After canceling them and clicking the get updates only Forza 7 appeared in the queue and it downloaded to completion in a little under 3hrs with download speed ranging from 60-80mb/s or at least while I was looking.

Now that the download has complete it shows Forza 7 Ultimate edition installed and modified a few minutes ago under recent activity.

So to any who are still having the problem try clicking the x and then the updates button and see if that works for you too.

This is exactly what i did as i was also having trouble with the download restarting and had 2 versions of forza updating.
#61 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:37:40 PM(UTC)
It failes many times for me... the total dowload will be more than 95go... this is utterly incompentence ! now I am stuck at 4.56mo...
#62 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:44:30 PM(UTC)
I uninstalled the pre-load files in order to try and download this game again and now none of the files will even download. I get an error for all four (FM7 UE, VIP, Hoonigan Car Pack and Day 1 Car Pack). The strange thing is that the three pre-load files for the VIP and Car Packs are showing as installed under All Apps > F yet if I uninstall them then try and reinstall FM7 UE then it fails with the same unhelpful error code. This really is pathetic IMO. I give up.

What annoys me more though is that I decided last night that rather than risk disappointment on the 29th at not being able to play the game I paid £80 for that I would install the game on my Xbox One. I had intentionally withheld installing it on that platform until it had been installed on my PC first as the combined download size of 152 GB would mean that both would take twice as long to download. Besides I don't really play games on my Xbox One any more since Microsoft started releasing the majority of its games on PC where they look and run better, thanks to higher system specs than the console.

Anyway, the download started and has completed 50% as of this morning with no issues at all. I suspect there won't be anyway as typically games install fine on Xbox One and I can even pause and resume them (something that definitely does not always work on PC!). Seems to me that Microsoft's priorities are with the Xbox One and the PC comes second. There are so many complaints on here now over the past 24 hours yet no-one has made any kind of official statement to say it is been looked at never mind even acknowledge there's an issue in the first place. This is not how you treat your paying customers, Microsoft! If it wasn't for the fact that I am able to download the game on Xbox One, albeit the inferior version, then I would have asked for my money back.

Please, PLEASE can we have a statement on this issue and some indication that you are looking at this! Please!

I half suspect that the issue might be tied into the new revamped Microsoft Store that installed on my PC earlier on this week. Why? Well because a number of apps (Mail, Photos, Skype and Films & TV) were giving similar errors on attempting to download updates following the Store update. Thankfully, these have all now installed after many, many, many attempts to install but now I'm left with an £80 game that I cannot install on the platform I originally bought it for. If I'd bought this on Steam then I have absolutely no doubts that the download would have finished by now with the only annoyance being the long time it takes for Steam to decrypt and install the files (sometimes as long as an hour for 50+ GB games). The Microsoft Store is beyond awful as a digital distribution platform for large (25+ GB) PC games in my experience and needs a major revamp before it puts PC gamers off buying anything from there in droves. Word of mouth can do a lot of damage; many of us will no doubt remember the terrible Games for Windows LIVE platform and the bad reputation that got until Microsoft decided to ditch it...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:48:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:47:42 PM(UTC)
Fail again this morning ..
restart from beginning ...

I do not want to go crazy with rage.
refund me ... how we ask refund on Windows store ?
#64 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:53:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: No ABS ESP TCS Go to Quoted Post
Fail again this morning ..
restart from beginning ...

I do not want to go crazy with rage.
refund me ... how we ask refund on Windows store ?

Also going to ask for a refund if tomorrow this is not fixed, this **** ed me off and I won't buy anything else from windows store.

You can contact support for a refund since this won't install and haven't even played the game.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:02:32 PM(UTC)
If I click on the FM7 icon under Store > My Library > Your Games then it prompts me for an install location (in my case my I drive with 614 GB of free space) then nothing happens at all.

Why?
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:46:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Doctor Hades Go to Quoted Post
If I click on the FM7 icon under Store > My Library > Your Games then it prompts me for an install location (in my case my I drive with 614 GB of free space) then nothing happens at all.

Why?

I have the exact same problem, nothing happens when I chose where to install it, I guess it's a Store bug, and what is really weird is that it does nothing on all my PCs and for every game that prompt where to install it (try with some large demos).

That Store is a joke, they release updates every week but they don't even test it and there's no way to go back.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:55:09 PM(UTC)
came here, after my download failed for the second time after ~75gb with error 0x8007005. The first time I paused the download at some point, which according to some user, seems to trigger the error. But the second time I left my PC as it was when the download started, apart from turning off the display ....same sh*t. So maybe the 'workaround' to leave the PC untouched works for some of you, but don't be surprised if this is not the solution. I'm not trying it a third time, until there is any sound statement how the problem is solved. And no, I am not willing to do the QA for MS without getting paid!

Gosh ...it's really disgusting and I'm honestly mad on how the issue is handled; three pages full of users with the same problem and no solution, no statment, no nothing. I mean we are not talking about a tiny company, launching their first game and actually it is quite simple: If you provide a game for ~100 euros as 95gb download only, than take care that your infrastructure is working properly!
#68 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:42:47 AM(UTC)
same here
after 33gb download stop with error and start over again
im very upset
because my internet slow with limited usage i lost 30gb of 250 gb
now i have 220 gb left
hope will not crash again
#69 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:25:53 AM(UTC)
i have given up honestly, it does it constantly and resets the download, i lost 2 days of being on my pc because i want this to install only to find out it has failed, the windows store is a joke, next time just release it on the superior platform...called steam (they know how to download games the right way)

edit: maybe you should of started the preload 10 years ago, because by the time the store pulls it finger out it would be 10 years. i was promised early access on the 28th, i bought the game for it to be on the 28th, at this rate i dont think its going to be out on the 28th, why continue to partner with microsoft, if they cant get a simple store download right?, blows my mind

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:28:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#70 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:33:21 AM(UTC)
After having the same issues as everyone else, with the 2 different error codes I have finally managed to get it to install!

What did I do? Clean install of Windows 10 (which wiped FH3)!

Once in, I changed my power settings so nothing shut off or turned off (defaults to turning things off on clean install), then updated windows to 1703 then updated everything in the store apart from the mail app.
The store is updated and restarted and only then once all updates installed (bar the mail app) did I start the FM7 download. Once started I kept the store OPEN and the FRONT window and watched it download a few GB then turned my monitor off via the switch. Do not pause otherwise its going to break the download ( **** microsoft?).
I then came back a few hours later to see it had finally finished! I then proceeded with the same steps for FH3 which was done by this morning too.

The Xbox One version installed first time and no issues.

Near 300GB downloaded yesterday, my ISP has probably automatically generated a "kerb your usage" letter and probably on its way to me already!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:34:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Avid Forza Racer - Forza Motorsport 3 to Forza Motorsport 7 / Forza Horizon 1 to Forza Horizon 4
#71 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:39:12 AM(UTC)
what amazing windows store techniques, REMOVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE just to install a simple game, GENIUS! -.- this is a joke right?
#72 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:40:28 AM(UTC)
Don't confuse MB/s with Mb/s... Mb/s are in bit and you need to divide it by 8 the get the amount of Megabytes you can download per second. I am starting to think that Microsoft intentionally displays the download speed in Megabit to mislead people and conceal the fact that their servers are extremely ****.

I got a 75Mbps connection... so I should get around 9.375MB/s - this is the download rate I get on Steam, so Steam allows me to fully utilize my bandwidth.
On the Windows store, I get around 20Mb/s... which is 2.5MB/s... sometimes the download even freezes for some minutes, then continues with a speed of 15 Mb/s etc.

Anyhow, after downloading for around 2 to 3 hours with my 75 Mbps I managed to get a whooping 45GB - then I made the grave mistake of shutting down Windows 10 because I had to boot into a different OS. After trying to continue the download later I get the same error. So far, no fix.

A pre-load that does not work for the majority of people is kind of questionable and pretty much also renders early access to the game useless.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:00:16 AM(UTC)
The problem with the Windows Store, in my honest opinion, is that it is buried beneath layers of encryption and hidden folders that by default you cannot access. This is in complete contrast to Steam, UPlay and EA's Origin where the files themselves might be encrypted prior to release but the game folder is always viewable post-install. This is also the reason why modding is not supported for Store games (UWP it's called I believe, Universal Windows Platform). This folders require specific security permissions which can easily be messed up by, say, opening the WindowsApp folder in the first place (since you need permission to even open it).

I remember when I installed a Windows 10 update and tried to move a game from one drive to another, something that was added in the update. It kept failing with the usual unhelpful and cryptic error code that Microsoft is so fond of (I think they assume we aren't intelligent enough to understand what an error might be when expressed in actual words...). Anyway, I found out after discussion on a forum that it was failing because the WindowsApp folder the game was installed to (the one that is inaccessible) was using file compression, a standard Windows feature that has been around for years. Turning it off then allowed the game to be moved! This is the kind of silly oversight that you wouldn't expect Microsoft to make but even now I still have problems moving games from one location to another (something Steam does with ease).

The Store needs a major revamp IMO if it wants to seriously contend with the likes of Steam, Origin and UPlay. It might work great on a closed platform like Xbox One but on the PC it is slow, clunky and extremely prone to download issues, especially with larger games.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:02:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:07:15 AM(UTC)
To those still having issues if you have not done so already click the x in your download queue to cancel the download of the game then click get updates.

After numerous failures it worked fine for me after I did that.

As for download speed my speed was up and down during download. Most of the time it was between 60 and 80Mb/s and I am on a 100Mb/s connection.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:14:01 AM(UTC)
Since 2 days the store on my PC is downloading. Breaks at 5gb, mostly 30gb, also 60gb and 85gb ... also the day-dl-rate is 6mbit ... at night is double at 12mbit but this is really a joke. Yes at FH3 a looked at the disaster and this year it is not better. Mostly the Mail and Calender-update broke it, now i updated all the win10 stuff first, but in the morning also this "mail and Kalender-update" killed 85gb.

First there was Ultimate and Forza 7 download, since yesterday it is only the forza 7 DL. Very cool stuff Microsoft, your own store have no resume option, maybe you should open a ftp-server for there more advanced people like in the old days. :-)

If there is every hour a new version or day one patch, users with limited bandwith are very interessted, and maybe this is the real problem, please communicate it... like:

you have 3 hours with 100mbit ... otherwise the new version will kill your download... .-)
7 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error