This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:54:49 AM(UTC)
Ok, thanks, I'll do that.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:01:02 AM(UTC)
Same problem for me 15gb and error , restart from 0 ...

if it goes on I'll think about asking for a refund!

it's silly to sell a game of 95go only in download !
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:00:50 PM(UTC)
Experiencing the same problem here.
Already mailed to forzafb as instructed in Soy's post.
Hoping for a fix soon.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:17:24 PM(UTC)
I am having the same issue here, Last Night I was, downlading perfectly, now this morning with 10 gb left the store
pops me an error Code: 0x80070005 and so as the mail and calendar app,. is there a away around this without having
to download the whole game again. has anyone tried the other post solutions? like editing the registry and so on?

#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:18:13 PM(UTC)
DO NOT pause the download guys !

Windows Store servers are just aweful. I downloaded 60 gb, paused it, resumed it and it displayed "error" and started from the beginning.

Really, DONT pause the download and if you don't download at 20mb/sec, pray that it wont fail after 3 hours.

No wonder i don't buy anything on this **** store. You can't even download games properly.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:19:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:20:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Trackah123 Go to Quoted Post
Strange thing is, early this morning here in Europe I pre-loaded the full game fine, 100GB no issues... a few hours later some small update for "mail and calender" came out, and it won't download Code: 0x80073CF0.. and this is a clean Windows10 install xD

I am having a similar issue, downloaded the latest windows 10 creators update full install and did a fresh windows installation, this morning I woke up to see my FM7 download crapped out after windows did an auto reboot overnight even though my windows store was open and downloading. Looks like I got about 75GB and the download gave me the same error the Mail and Calendar program is throwing up ... argh, I had a feeling it would be another **** shoot like FH3 was ... restarted the download and going to work now, I hope I can come home to a completed download as I still need to preload it on the Xbox for the kids yet :-\
PC - 4790K | 2 x 780GTX Ti | Z97 | PCIE SSD | 16GB DDR3 | TS-PC | TH8A | CSP V3 + HB
XBOX - ONE S | ELITE CONTROLLER
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:39:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SOY Go to Quoted Post
Thanks everyone for reporting this. If your download stopped and started back at 0, can you please email forzafb@microsoft.com the following file?

Store Logs:
Press the Windows Key and type 'wscollect'
A .cab file for your store logs will be saved on the desktop.

Also, some of you reported that you were having issues downloading the mail & calendar apps. This is unrelated to your install experience and should be fixed automatically over the next couple of days.

What should we do with this cab file once created?

I was up to 81gigs when mine failed then started back at 0 now erroring at 58.58mb

#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:45:08 PM(UTC)
I uninstalled all the Forza Motorsport 7 pre-order files (VIP, Day One Car Pack and Hoonigan Car Pack along with FM7 Ultimate Edition) in attempt to redownload everything again but now I have all four showing with errors on installing. Yet all four are showing under All Apps > F! I give up!

The Windows Store is an AWFUL platform for the distribution of anything bigger than a couple of GBs in my experience. And when the download fails all you get are cryptic download codes that tell you ZILCH. If Steam was like this then it would have failed IMO. I don't care if the errors are due to heavy server load... Microsoft should have anticipated this and installed more servers to cope with the load. And as others have said if you pause the download or click on retry then the Store actually begins the download again from 0%!!!

The good news is that the Mail and Calendar app finally updated after four days of trying...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:46:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:57:25 PM(UTC)
@HBR RoadHog
Quote:

Email the cab file to forzafb@microsoft.com as SOY instructed earlier.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:59:59 PM(UTC)
Actually also paused mine and it started from scratch too, thankfully I was only 2GB in. That's what happens when you hold hostage all your games to a platform that barely works. Microsoft, tell me, why can't you just let go of your pride and put this on steam instead?
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:18:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Trackah123 Go to Quoted Post
@HBR RoadHog
Quote:

Email the cab file to forzafb@microsoft.com as SOY instructed earlier.

Thanks I guess I was having a brain fart. I see now that was actually in the post I quoted
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:42:42 PM(UTC)
6 hours of downloading,12GB : ERROR

Hope i can play at christmas :)
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:00:30 PM(UTC)
Downloaded all night to get it back to 59gb, then it stopped and gave error again. My first time using Microsoft store, and I hate it. Atleast T10 is responding to the problem and not ignoring it.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:29:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:12:53 PM(UTC)
can we have some feedback on why we cant download it? and when we can expect to have this resolved?
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:23:26 PM(UTC)
Same thing here, I have almost burned through my quota for the month after a few failed attempts.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:29:25 PM(UTC)
Now i have error on error ... Impossible to download

I can refund the game ? Bought on Amazon.com .... (i dont think so)
 3 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:31:39 PM(UTC)
After a WHOLE day of downloading at cca 86GB the error popped, and now the download can't continue. It shows 0x80070005 error. How is this level of awfulness even possible ?
I thought that MS would be able to programm working store app. Also I'm downloading this to my SSD, so thanks for shortening its lifespan with your inconpetence.
Should I also send the store logs btw ? I would be THRILLED to have the game downloaded before the early access launch...
i7 6700K
Kingston Predator DDR4 16GB 3Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Plus
Dell U2515H 1440p
#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:33:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: merv0102 Go to Quoted Post
Same thing here, I have almost burned through my quota for the month after a few failed attempts.

See this is where it really hurts, is people like you on limited usage. My internet sucks, but i dont have a limit of how much sucky internet i can have. I would hope that someone would work with you guys that have limited internet usage. Im not sure how unfortunately. how horrible this sounds, i would wait until you see the people with the problem, and start reporting it works again. then try you download.

#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:38:18 PM(UTC)
Same here with download problems. It was like... I don't know, very likely 20gb in, only to find my PC on sleep mode (Which seemed weird). After waking the PC up I found that the download was starting all over again and there was Calendar and Mail on the update queue. I'm now trying to redownload it and I get 0x80070005 error after a couple hundred MBs...
#45 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:20:54 PM(UTC)
It's extremely disappointing that people have been reporting issues all day yet there is no official word on the issue either from Microsoft or here on this forum. It's clearly not an isolated incident judging by the growing number of complaints. Things like this are why many people avoid buying games on the Windows Store. Server load issues I can just about accept (though with Microsoft's finances even that should not be happening) but constant errors when trying to initiate the preload, which is what is happening for me, and downloads restarting from 0% when paused or retried are utterly unforgivable in 2017. I bet these kinds of issues won't happen for people downloading the game on Xbox One...
#46 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:49:28 PM(UTC)
After downloading more than 60 gigs my download failed. I assume that the progress before fail did not disappear as my SSD drive now has 60 gigs less free space compared to that of before download started. Also when I open start menu it shows some sort of progress fır the download. My issue is that when I try to continue downloading it gets stuck after downloading 58,58 mb's, is there any way to solve that?

Side note: Dont insist publishing the game by yourself if you do not have proper infrastructure to do so, Steam is there!

https://i.hizliresim.com/0GqYDV.jpg
#47 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:53:25 PM(UTC)
It just did it again.i was up to 48GB downloaded and i got error 0x80070005.

*poof* my whole day is gone and i'm still at 95 to go
#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:02:35 PM(UTC)
Same problem for me...
Same error last year when i bought Gears O f War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 on Windows Store...
And no official word on the issue either from Microsoft or here on this forum.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:04:31 PM(UTC)
Same thing here, I've tried to download multiple times, I have used more than 60gb of my bandwidth into oblivion and I'm still at 0%

What a disgraceful garbage download client made by a multi billion dollar company operated by clueless morons.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:10:33 PM(UTC)
The only way I was able to get past 58.58 MB was to update Windows itself. Once that was done, I managed to get just under 60GB before it failed.
Good thing my cap was raised to 1TB, though that's still around 5% of my internet allowance flushed down the toilet.
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error