This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:48:04 AM(UTC)
Hello,

I've started downloading the game (not the demo) a few hours ago.
I was at 20 go. And now it started from 0. For no reason.

Oh boy. Same story again. They just can't do someting working on Windows Store.

I have a slow connexion, 850k/s.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:25:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: cooly08 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I've started downloading the game (not the demo) a few hours ago.
I was at 20 go. And now it started from 0. For no reason.

Oh boy. Same story again. They just can't do someting working on Windows Store.

I have a slow connexion, 850k/s.

I had the same thing happen to me, now im back up to 15gb downloaded. Ill see if that keeps going.

2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:08:20 AM(UTC)
Strange thing is, early this morning here in Europe i pre-loaded the full game fine, 100GB no issues.. few hours later some small update for "mail and calender" came out, and it won't download Code: 0x80073CF0.. and this is a clean Windows10 install xD
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:12:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Trackah123 Go to Quoted Post
Strange thing is, early this morning here in Europe i pre-loaded the full game fine, 100GB no issues.. few hours later some small update for "mail and calender" came out, and it won't download Code: 0x80073CF0.. and this is a clean Windows10 install xD

mail and calender is exactly what happened to me also. I noticed it when i started over, so i went into settings and disabled auto app updates. Hopefully that will work, however, the dang store download is fluctuating bad for me now. I had a solid 12mb DL, now its dropped to 1 or 2. I hate this.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:22:22 AM(UTC)

That's what append actually.
I have the same issue (from EU too, France).
Mail and calendar has the same code error and I think it is this moment that F7 started at 0 again.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:23:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:25:47 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue. From this morning 6am (MEST) i started to download the game. After 7 hours at 1pm I have downloaded 33GB out of 95GB. I don't have a fast connection. Suddenly the download started again from the beginning. Multiple times. After some times there was an error message. Then there was the product installed. I had the possibility between the blue start button and to the right of an update button, so I pressed on update and the download was back to 0. I am now quite frustrated because I can download everything from new and if I'm lucky it does not happen again, otherwise I have to download this game again for 21 hours. It's like a Déjà-vu like a year before at Forza Horizon 3.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:11:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: catzilla2K Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue. From this morning 6am (MEST) i started to download the game. After 7 hours at 1pm I have downloaded 33GB out of 95GB. I don't have a fast connection. Suddenly the download started again from the beginning. Multiple times. After some times there was an error message. Then there was the product installed. I had the possibility between the blue start button and to the right of an update button, so I pressed on update and the download was back to 0. I am now quite frustrated because I can download everything from new and if I'm lucky it does not happen again, otherwise I have to download this game again for 21 hours. It's like a Déjà-vu like a year before at Forza Horizon 3.

Same thing here (I'm in Australia) - got to about 40GB and got the Error Code: 0x80073CF0.
Same on my other PC.
Fired up my notebook and without starting the Forza 7 Download, got the error when it tried to update Mail & Calendar.

Reset the store on both PC's and the notebook and no difference.

My XBox still says that the game is not available as early access until the 29th which makes me wonder why it even tried today as I didn't ask or force it to download the title.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:28:43 AM(UTC)
Same here. Downloaded 30 gb and failed.
Thanks for my SSD lifespan T10 ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:29:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:30:14 AM(UTC)
Same story here in Germany. Mail and Calendar does not update. Already had to start the Forza DL four times. With my poor 16k connection, I will get nowhere until 29th. wsreset and several other fixes Microsoft officially posts in their forum did not help. Now I am at 1 gb again. Let's see...
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:39:31 AM(UTC)

Same thing happened to me, I guess the solution for that would be to stop apps from updating automatically from windows store settings so that mail and calendar won't start downloading again on its own.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:57:14 AM(UTC)
Mail and Calendar is stuck since a few days, it's a different error.

This morning I downloaded 18 GB of Forza before getting the 0x80070005 error.

I canceled and started again, now it's downloading again.
Maybe they changed the files and thus the preload from this morning got pulled off, who knows.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:03:04 AM(UTC)
Oh boy : http://tof.cx/images/201...124cc1e595bc087aed.jpg.

Everything failed again.

Same song than last year for FH3.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:13:37 AM(UTC)
It seems that there is a new windows 10 update, 1703.
I will update it now. With a lot lot lot of luck it will maybe fixe the issue. A lot of luck.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:17:06 AM(UTC)
I did one thing now:

With my stable 16k connection I was n ot able to get the download goning. So I just booked an LTE pass on my smartohone for 24 hours, which costs 4,95 € and since then I can download it with over 100 MBit/s completely stable. The download servers are under pressure of course. Small connections will most likely time out because the fluctuation ist too high. The higher the download speed the less fluctuation I get on my end. As I say. This is on my end.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:20:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: LTW to LTE

2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:41:34 AM(UTC)
Also got the same this morning. 2 different errors codes for me, 0x80073CF0 and then 0x80070005.

On my 3rd clean install of W10 today! I am now at 6GB of 95GB. I had Windows Store download issues for FH3 also.

Windows Store is a crock of horse manure!!!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:44:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Avid Forza Racer - Forza 3 to Forza 7
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:47:50 AM(UTC)
Hy guys!!
Sorry for my english are italian.
You must uninstall the 100mb preorder files.
Start
Programs
Forza Motorsport 7
Uninstall
And let the game download again.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:54:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SinewyDamiano82 Go to Quoted Post
Hy guys!!
Sorry for my english are italian.
You must uninstall the 100mb preorder files.
Start
Programs
Forza Motorsport 7
Uninstall
And let the game download again.

#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:45:40 AM(UTC)
For me the solution is to never EVER close the windows store window and just keep it in front. Somehow when I closed it, this kept happening.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:50:46 AM(UTC)
A friend of mine can't pause Windows Store updates without them resetting, so it might be a good idea to keep the Store app open and let it stay downloading until it's done.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:13:41 AM(UTC)
Updates Distribution settings may be the problem, Windows will try to keep installation files on C by default to share it with another PC on the local network.
I had virtually 144 GB of data in the SoftwareDistribution's folder (bu really using 22), and Forza 7's installation was stuck at 22 GB giving me an error.

I disabled this option (in Windows Update's advanced options) but now Forza don't even want to install (I uninstalled the preload).
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:20:22 AM(UTC)
27GB and mail&calendar reset it.
Left Windows store open on second monitor and never touched.
Now i can't get either download past 20mbs before they fail. no error codes. Fresh install.
There's a 1703 cumulative update so fingers crossed this 30 second windows download won't cost me another 4 hours.

*edit* 1703 update fixed nothing. Forza install keeps looping the first 60mbs and then download speed tanks until it fails. I'm getting pretty agitated right now

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:36:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:38:35 AM(UTC)
listen, i am sick of it, it is now the thrid time the freakin windows store put a error out where i was over 30gb downloaded, **** is going on?
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:08:31 AM(UTC)
Went to start-->programs-->uninstall forza 7(placeholder DL) and began installation again.
This time it shows i'm actively downloading Forza 7 and Forza 7 Ultimate edition, with the Hoonigan pack, Day One pack, and VIP pending. Before it only showed Forza 7 (non-ultimate editon).

So this is promising maybe? up to 3.3Gb/95.30
I just wish my already weak speeds were consistent.
On steam i get 3MBs rock solid and 2.92-2.99MBs on Origin. On xbox and windows store i get anywhere from 3MBs-1Mbs(notice the 'B/b's). I'll probably average out to 1.9MB/s when this is all said and done.

20 hours of netflix at 480P here I come!!!
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:33:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheDancingPanda Go to Quoted Post
Went to start-->programs-->uninstall forza 7(placeholder DL) and began installation again.
This time it shows i'm actively downloading Forza 7 and Forza 7 Ultimate edition, with the Hoonigan pack, Day One pack, and VIP pending. Before it only showed Forza 7 (non-ultimate editon).

So this is promising maybe? up to 3.3Gb/95.30
I just wish my already weak speeds were consistent.
On steam i get 3MBs rock solid and 2.92-2.99MBs on Origin. On xbox and windows store i get anywhere from 3MBs-1Mbs(notice the 'B/b's). I'll probably average out to 1.9MB/s when this is all said and done.

20 hours of netflix at 480P here I come!!!

forza 7 isnt even in my programm/app list. i cant uninstall it
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:46:17 AM(UTC)
Thanks everyone for reporting this. If your download stopped and started back at 0, can you please email forzafb@microsoft.com the following file?

Store Logs:
Press the Windows Key and type 'wscollect'
A .cab file for your store logs will be saved on the desktop.

Also, some of you reported that you were having issues downloading the mail & calendar apps. This is unrelated to your install experience and should be fixed automatically over the next couple of days.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:49:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Turn 10 | Community Liaison | Gamertag: SOY
7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error