This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 7 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:56:17 PM(UTC)
Hi Forza Artists,

My name is Josh Robinson, I am a Formula Drift Pro 2 driver, soon to be Pro drifter in 2018. I built my 2016 Holden VF Maloo to take my drifting skills to the U.S. This thing has 1,000 horsepower, has a carbon-fiber body, and nearly no stone has been left unturned in making it a killer drift car.

I met your community writer Johniwanna (John Schommer) at the Formula Drift Seattle and later at the Hoonigan Garage and I worked with him to be featured in the Heavy Metal Affliction series he writes for your site. As part of that story I wanted to reach out to the Forza community to have you guys design my next livery for the Ute. The winning design will be featured in my 2018 FD Pro season on the Ute and debuted at SEMA at the end of October.

You can read the Heavy metal Affliction story here https://www.forzamotorsp.../en-us/news/hma_9_21_17 when it comes out in a couple hours.

There are many pictures John took in that story and you can also take a look at my website www.joshrobinson.com.au for more details including some of the logos that need to be a part of the design.

This contest will be for liveries designed in Forza Motorsport 7 once the game comes out. So it will start on October 3rd officially and end October 18th.. That doesn't mean you can't start designing in your favorite Forza game right now though.

Here are a few of the details that will help you get considered as a winning choice. Some are totally required and some can be embellished.

-Blue main color. We really like the blue chrome on the current livery, but it is up to you to design something we like.
-From the doors back keep a good amount of carbon body exposed
-Hoonigan logo must be in the center of the front bumper, that doesn't mean you can't use it isn other places as well though.

-Largest sponsor is Tri-Ace
-Mid-size sponsor is Magnuson and Sidchrome
-Minor sponsors Link, Exedy, SuperPro, PPG, Wilwood, Enjuku Racing

So with that in mind I look forward to your designs. I will try and answer questions posed in the thread and keep up with your posts. However, it is a very busy life drifting this beast so my responses may be delayed from time time.

Thanks to John and to the Forza community for your support

You can follow me on Facebook and Instagram at JoshRobinson530

Josh Robinson

Drift Ute Nose

Edited by user Monday, October 9, 2017 3:06:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:02:51 PM(UTC)
tagged and good luck
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:12:56 PM(UTC)
I am looking forward to seeing what the best of the Forza community comes up with. This is really awesome opportunity to get your work featured on a really cool real-life drift Ute and debut at SEMA no less.

Thanks for this opportunity Josh! I have faith the Forza artists will blow your mind and come up with something really cool.

What a cool way to kick off Forza Motorsport 7

John

Edited by user Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:54:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

4 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:51:05 PM(UTC)
On it ....

Edit: johniwanna ... for this we get to utilize the new 5,000 layers per side and ability to use special paint colors/textures on vinyls that is coming to FM7 .... right?

Edited by user Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:03:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:32:58 PM(UTC)
A few questions to get us started. You may or may not know answers to these yet.

(1) Will you be #530 in the PRO Series next year? Or is that yet to be determined?

(2) Will you be using all the same brands of parts listed on your site or will there be any brands you may add or drop for next year?

(3) Will Black Magic/BlackVue still be the title sponsors for FD next year?
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:19:29 PM(UTC)
I'll definitely be entering this one !

12 Years On Forza , eSports Drift Association Owner (ESDA) , The Usual Suspects Leader (TUS)
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 4:09:06 AM(UTC)
Sounds like fun :-)
#8 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 9:21:37 AM(UTC)
Can't wait for the game to come out next week, and to send in an entry for this. Will be fun to see what the community comes up with.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 10:19:12 AM(UTC)
i will try for sure!
Italian Drifter, Racer, Designer
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:38:36 AM(UTC)
So gonna try an awesome Aussie themed livery!

Edited by user Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:40:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling mistake

#11 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 6:28:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Wildcat Go to Quoted Post
A few questions to get us started. You may or may not know answers to these yet.

(1) Will you be #530 in the PRO Series next year? Or is that yet to be determined?

(2) Will you be using all the same brands of parts listed on your site or will there be any brands you may add or drop for next year?

(3) Will Black Magic/BlackVue still be the title sponsors for FD next year?

1) Yes I will retain the number 530

2) everyone we partnered with this year is on board for 2018 and there will be some new additions, but we can work those out when it goes to print

3) we haven't been told yet - sorry!

Thanks and good luck 🤙

#12 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:23:58 PM(UTC)
I might do this. Maybe hid a pig somewhere on the car!!!

#13 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 11:44:08 PM(UTC)
Show those Yanks how us Aussies do it. Good luck next year.
Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Please resize your sig image. Limits are 480x115px.)
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 6:54:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brokenvegetable Go to Quoted Post
I might do this. Maybe hid a pig somewhere on the car!!!

I would be disappointed if you didn't.
#15 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 10:13:16 AM(UTC)
sure y not
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 10:39:27 AM(UTC)
Been doing a bunch of drift designs as of late, so count me in!!!
#17 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 2:32:46 PM(UTC)
if this is open for foreign countries I am also. thank you John for sharing 👌👍
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:27:01 AM(UTC)
I'm in!
Got the main logos built already, just the minors to go.

Q: Entry submissions to be posted?

Q: How much of the rear deck is to be considered? (Shame we cant remove it in game)

[AB]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:34:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FM7 / FH3 / FM6 / Twitter / Flickr
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:16:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FRDT Pat theCat Go to Quoted Post
if this is open for foreign countries I am also. thank you John for sharing 👌👍

Anywhere you like ✌️
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:19:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
I'm in!
Got the main logos built already, just the minors to go.

Q: Entry submissions to be posted?

Q: How much of the rear deck is to be considered? (Shame we cant remove it in game)

[AB]

The body of the car (ute) retains its original dimensions for Formula Drift. Yes, please post your submissions here!
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:24:29 AM(UTC)
Yes, post your entries in the thread or a link to your gallery.

And yes, open to all countries.

John
Have you liked the Johniwanna Facebook page? Do you follow me on Twitter @johniwanna ? or follow HMA on Instagram /HeavyMetalAffliction

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna

#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:07:40 AM(UTC)
Does this mean we can have chrome paint and carbon fibre on the same car in FM7? :)
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:22:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ade76 PH Go to Quoted Post
Does this mean we can have chrome paint and carbon fibre on the same car in FM7? :)

I doubt it. That's something that the community has been asking about for years and it's never been added. And there's been no hint at all of anything different in the vinyl editor for FM7.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:19:44 PM(UTC)
This sounds great.

Does any one perhaps know if the Maloo will be available day one or will we have to unlock it first somewhere to start with the design. TXS
Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:26:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LMP Riptide Go to Quoted Post
This sounds great.

Does any one perhaps know if the Maloo will be available day one or will we have to unlock it first somewhere to start with the design. TXS

that's a good question, if it is i have to wait until i can take it!!

bytheway you can use the chrome base and make the " carbon fiber " by the editor ( like was did before when special paint wasnt in the game )

Italian Drifter, Racer, Designer
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error