28 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#201 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 6:49:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post
Forza 7 and I had a really rough start last night. today I decided to give it a try again, and discovered the wonders of Free Play. With this option, I find the FDC completely pointless, at least until they fix it by making Homologate optional.

I played for a couple of hours, had an absolutely blast making my own races, with my own rules and driving my cars nearly bone-stock as I wanted. I am now over 1,000,000 credits, so it hasn't been a waste at all. I just redeemed all my Ultimate Edition freebies, sold them all and it only took a few car purchases (cars that I was really interested in) to get back into my collector's tier. So nothing lost.

Graphics, physics with G920, sounds, everything is so gorgeous in this game. I am, however, afraid that this Free Play solution will get old too quick. So yeah... please get rid of Homologate and bring back the functional PI system from Forza 6, or simply do what Horizon 3 did, which simply equaled A.I cars to yours. At least make it optional.

I think I will end up doing the same thing, skip the single player campaign and just make my own Free Play races and get rewarded for them. I may even make an excel spreadsheet that randomizes cars/tracks/PI and whatnot so I can in essence have random events.
 2 users liked this post.
#202 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:03:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DingleFritz91 Go to Quoted Post
This homologation idea needs to be removed from the single player. It removes all variety from the field and also vastly limits your scope of modifying cars. The old PI/class system was fine for single player. So I can only race other 'sport compacts' when I'm driving one myself and being shoehorned into what mods I can or can't use? Absolute **** .

I totally agree. Why can't I use a car in stock form that is below spec? Makes no sense, especially in Career Mode.

Forza 7 and I had a really rough start last night. today I decided to give it a try again, and discovered the wonders of Free Play. With this option, I find the FDC completely pointless, at least until they fix it by making Homologate optional.

I played for a couple of hours, had an absolutely blast making my own races, with my own rules and driving my cars nearly bone-stock as I wanted. I am now over 1,000,000 credits, so it hasn't been a waste at all. I just redeemed all my Ultimate Edition freebies, sold them all and it only took a few car purchases (cars that I was really interested in) to get back into my collector's tier. So nothing lost.

Graphics, physics with G920, sounds, everything is so gorgeous in this game. I am, however, afraid that this Free Play solution will get old too quick. So yeah... please get rid of Homologate and bring back the functional PI system from Forza 6, or simply do what Horizon 3 did, which simply equaled A.I cars to yours. At least make it optional.
Perfect!

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 7:08:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:08:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Devias Go to Quoted Post

I think I will end up doing the same thing, skip the single player campaign and just make my own Free Play races and get rewarded for them. I may even make an excel spreadsheet that randomizes cars/tracks/PI and whatnot so I can in essence have random events.

The Free Play option is so good! It's not until you start delving into it that you realize the vast amount of options it gives you. Making a spread sheet with different combos sound like a really good idea. Other than the constant CTD's, I am having so much fun with this game now. Haven't even done a single career race XD
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#204 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 8:34:51 PM(UTC)
I'm starting to think that the Forza Cup SP campaign is more like an extended tutorial.

There's really only what, 50 or so races in the whole thing, compared to the hundreds that were in Forza 4. By playing through Forza Cup, you're learning the tracks and earning reward cars. I know, that's a crappy excuse I'm making for it, but if people start to accept it as really just an extended tutorial showing you the various disciples of racing, all in prep for the true meat of the game that is Free Play, it makes this bitter pill a bit easier to swallow.
#205 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 9:18:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Currently missing:

Forza GP Racing
IndyCar
Formula E
Formula Ford Spec
Formula Mazda Spec
Formula 90s
Formula 70s
Forza P1
Forza P2
Early Prototype Racers
Prototype Group Racing
Mercedes-Benz Racing Truck Spec
Formula MX-5 Spec
Ultima 1020 Spec
Radical RXC Spec
Radical SR8 Spec
Hot Hatch Genesis
Major Micros
Ariel Nomad Spec
Polaris RZR Spec
Forza Trophy Trucks
Hot Rod Revival
Vintage Sport GT

You mean to say these aren't selectable as car divisions, or we just don't have homologation details?

Edit: Just noticed the OP is out of date, so there very well could be divisions listed that don't actually exist.

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 9:38:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#206 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 11:35:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
You mean to say these aren't selectable as car divisions, or we just don't have homologation details?

Why, the latter of course! One of the first events in the Seeker Championship is with Forza Trophy Trucks!

Forza P2
Tire compound Race
Tire width 325
Power 600 HP
Class P 950

Forza P1
Tire compound Race
Tire width 370
Power 900 HP
Class P 998

Vintage GT Racing
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 265
Power 425 HP
Class A 650

Mazda MX-5 Cup Spec
Tire compound Sport
Tire width 225
Power 167 HP
Class D 382

Radical SR8 Spec
Tire compound Sport
Tire width 265
Power 460 HP
Class R 890

Edited by user Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:14:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#207 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 12:33:20 AM(UTC)
Completely agree that homologation should not be in singleplayer at all, it is something that should only be considered for multiplayer. What is wrong with having AI cars automatically meet your PI? I spent ages tweaking settings in freeplay and still couldn't get it the way I wanted.
 3 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:25:16 AM(UTC)
Long time Forza fan I've been playing since Forza 2 and one of the things I've always loved about the game was the diversity in the cars and taking a mustang or some old beater and racing against super cars's something that doesn't really exist in many racing games and now that's gone. Obviously the game hasn't been out that long and i understand that and maybe they will add in a playlist that is like it use to be with the PI index but who knows. In the time i have played i don't like the division system. In the real world having cars meet a certain performance standard makes sense because there are more then 2 or 3 laps and you have time to capitalize on others mistakes to make it to the front potentiality, in game when there are only 2 or 3 laps whats the point? If you start at the back of the pack you better hope people just wreck each other or you really don't have a chance unless everyone else is really really bad at the game because there are simply not enough laps.

Just my opinion but I'm kind of disappointed with the whole car division system, I understand that the old system had flaws also but they need to add more laps or move it back to the old system because right now it doesn't make sense to have cars so closely matched and hardly any laps in a race.
#209 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:01:17 AM(UTC)
My guess, from what I've seen and read, is it has to do with silly upgrades and abuse of systems, and leaderboard cars dominating one thing or another.

I'm gonna use a couple examples of that from Horizon 3. The mighty C class Mercury coupe. In a drag race, lower ranked cars are given a head start, well, comparing something in C class to the usual S- cars people run, it would get like a 20 second head start, that's enough time for the Merc to do a couple donuts in front of everybody else waiting, and be 3/4ths of the way to the finish line by the time S- class cars even start.

Another one would be the Ultima GTR drag car, the idiot's way of winning drag races.

Regardless of what they do, one car will always be a LITTLE better than every other car, regardless of what class it's used in, or sorted into.
#210 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:08:22 AM(UTC)
Im pretty sure you can change the amount of laps if you want
 4 users liked this post.
#211 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:22:45 AM(UTC)
Homologation is a great system, but ultimately one that MP shouldn't be centered around. The way it should be is having all the class lobbies, with one or two homologated divisions that cycle every week, while Leagues are composed of purely divisions. Launching with 5 divisions for the normal lobbies is a bizarre decision, because that severely restricts what cars you can bring online outside of private servers.
#212 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:32:49 AM(UTC)
Vintage Sport GT
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 265
Power 425 HP
Class C 500

Forza Trophy Trucks
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 315
Power 850 HP
Class C 550

Hot Rod Revival
Tire compound Street
Tire width 245
Power 300 HP
Class D 375

Major Micros
Tire compound Street
Tire width 185
Power 75 HP
Class E 250

Hot Hatch Genesis
Tire compound Street
Tire width 225
Power 200 HP
Class D 350

Ariel Nomad Spec
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 235
Power 235 HP
Class B 521

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 8:13:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#213 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:53:23 AM(UTC)
Manteo has fixed the car list by Division, however...

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Major Micros
1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe - presumed

The VW Type 2 is in Forza Specials.

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Forza P2
2010 Mazda #16 Mazda Racing B09/86 - presumed
2010 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86 - presumed

The Mazda Racing one is confirmed in Forza P2, but the Dyson Racing one is nowhere to be found in the car list, at least among cars you can rent (keep in mind you can rent Forza Editions, too...).

Anyway:

Formula E
Tire compound Sport
Tire width 305
Power 268 HP (it's 200 kW!)
Class S 750

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:00:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#214 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:47:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Death Burnout Go to Quoted Post
Completely agree that homologation should not be in singleplayer at all, it is something that should only be considered for multiplayer. What is wrong with having AI cars automatically meet your PI? I spent ages tweaking settings in freeplay and still couldn't get it the way I wanted.

Agreed, especially since it doesn't make things more interesting, it makes it more boring. AI cars drive behind each other in a long row now. There's no variety, no overtaking. For multiplayer it makes a lot of sense but for singleplayer it destroys races.
 1 user liked this post.
#215 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:56:23 AM(UTC)
Some of these divisions are odd, the car choices I mean. You have the 488, Huracan and Audi R8 in Sport GT but the new NSX is an Exotic GT, cars most people would like to race together cant. Same goes for what would be called Comact Executive/D-segment/Entry level Luxury cars. The M4, RS4 and C63 are Sport Touring, while the XE, ATS-V, RS5 are Sport Luxury, I should be able race an ATS-V against a BMW M4 not against a Bentley Conti GT. Then you have the 95 Mustang as Muscle Reborn but the Pontiac and Camaro of the same vintage are Sport Touring Icons, its just odd. The Hot Hatches are all over the place and you have the ND MX-5 in the same division as the Audi S3 and 2015 WRX STI.
 1 user liked this post.
#216 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:05:33 AM(UTC)
I can't even start a Formula E race. It asks for it to be Homogenized then says it's already set for the division but I still can't race. Stop wasting my time Turn 10.
#217 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:54:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Im pretty sure you can change the amount of laps if you want

Im talking about online races though. It just seems like a dumb system for online when you only have 2 or 3 laps max unless you are in a private lobby.
#218 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 11:14:06 AM(UTC)
I want to tune my car too the max. But the homolagtion from my last carrer race. And i must always go to free drive and disable all rules before i can tune my car.
This is quit anoying. Is it posible to fix this?

Sry for bad englisch not my native language after all.
Hoppy sim racing driver since 2002.
#219 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 11:18:35 AM(UTC)
Polaris RZR Spec
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 280
Power 110 HP
Class E 262

Formula Ford Spec
Tire compound Race
Tire width 205
Power 213 HP
Class S 771

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 11:26:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#220 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:41:35 PM(UTC)
I took a golf r 2010 and reset it to a stock PI of 467 and then proceeded to put upgrades on it until C500. Yet when i go to free play i am netted against B class cars with a Pi of 533. When i went to check the stats on my car the only thing being flagged up where my stock tyres.

It says a max restriction of 300hp and i wasnt above that so why was i racing B class cars?

Im trying to understand so that i can upgrade some of my cars to my choosing but fear that i have no understanding of what is allowed so most of my custom cars will be rejected or disadvantaged by the restrictions.

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 2:44:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#221 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:25:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rami C G 1989 Go to Quoted Post

It says a max restriction of 300hp and i wasnt above that so why was i racing B class cars?

This sounds like something that has existed since FM2. We encountered this little bug when we ran power restricted lobbies.

Your PI on that vehicle is actually 501, but it rounds down and shows 500.

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:28:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#222 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 4:06:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Devias Go to Quoted Post
I'm starting to think that the Forza Cup SP campaign is more like an extended tutorial.

There's really only what, 50 or so races in the whole thing, compared to the hundreds that were in Forza 4. By playing through Forza Cup, you're learning the tracks and earning reward cars. I know, that's a crappy excuse I'm making for it, but if people start to accept it as really just an extended tutorial showing you the various disciples of racing, all in prep for the true meat of the game that is Free Play, it makes this bitter pill a bit easier to swallow.

Way more than 50 races!!

I've unlocked third championship.

So far there are 7 X 4 races in first championship plus 3 showcases
8 X 5 in second championship plus 3 showcases.
9 X 6 in third championship plus 3 showcases

That's 131 and probably at least double that!

Plus when you finish the first time even more races open up!
 2 users liked this post.
#223 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:00:40 PM(UTC)
I bought this game almost entirely for the single player aspect. That aspect is destroyed by homologation for me. The freedom to build a car from the ground up, tune, and move through the ranks was my favorite part of the forza series. I can understand homologation in the online/leaderboard scene, but don't destroy the fun of career mode with such a stupid and limiting "feature". This may be a complete oversight by T10, but I fear it's a money grab put in place to push people towards loot car crates instead of grinding to buy all the cars they need to fit into these race categories.

I really hope they can turn this into an ON/OFF "feature" and soon. I'm obviously not the only one upset, would making a petition for this option be worthwhile? How can we get them to fix this fundamental flaw?
#224 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 2:17:27 AM(UTC)
Only rules for these are missing:

Formula 90s
Ultima 1020 Spec

Edited by user Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:30:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#225 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:57:03 AM(UTC)
Mercedes-Benz Racing Truck Spec
Tire compound Race
Tire width 575
Power 1080 HP
Class B 586
28 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error