28 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
#176 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:50:14 AM(UTC)
Will be good to see this list when we can confirm what all the selectable divisions are in the game.
#177 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:47:45 AM(UTC)
Switching to the two or three non-homologated divisions is interesting too, in a sense. People playing the Fate of the Furious cars, for example trying the Dodge Demon, discover they have issues beating the '71 Plymouth GTX Fast & Furious Edition in a straight line.

For they do not know the thing has 2000 HP.

EDIT: Okay, I'm starting to think Manteo has to redo almost everything concerning car classification in this topic.

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 3:11:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#178 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:09:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BARNYCULL Go to Quoted Post
[11 titles.

Whether tunes port from FM6 properly or not, some people will still have tunes up, minutes after unlocking cars.

Beware downloading tunes that have been ported over and shared without testing on FM7. Plenty of tuners will do this and plenty of people will grab those tunes.

My comment about only driving one car a time is more aimed at the tuners who should test before sharing, at least until they are familiar with the differences (if any) between the games.

Yep had a look at my Shared tunes In FM 5 and 6 and most are usless so did not bother to port any, Starting for scratch again will only be doing 2 tunes per car this time One for Dry track and one for wet track so far they are looking good im only about 3 to 9 seconds behind the top racers on the Leader Boards even got top 10 on a couple 😄😲 Bet that wont last long but I can at least say I had a top 10 time.

But it was a shame to see some of the top Tuners just port there tunes over and they can not even be used in that class.
 4 users liked this post.
#179 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:48:41 AM(UTC)
Homologation seems to have seriously narrowed the scope for how you can race offline (I don't play multiplayer but I assume the same issues will appear there?), what is the point of the open classes in career mode if you can only race against cars from the same division? So Fast and Furious cars can only race against others from the DLC pack, Exotic GT can only race against other Exotic GT, there are already separate events to race against these vehicles, I was hoping the open class would be so that you could tune any car how you wanted and race against other cars in the same PI class.
#180 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:01:52 AM(UTC)
Hypercar
Tire compound Race
Tire width 375
Power 1000 HP
Class R 900
 4 users liked this post.
#181 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:12:33 AM(UTC)
I have been playing F7 for about 6 or so hours and am really enjoying it, it's taking me back to my F4 days of enjoyment level.

With one major caveat. The new car classification system and homologation has massively broken the game in my view and made F7 incredibly less accessible than other titles. The thing I have always loved most about the Forza series is the accessibility factor, you could race what you wanted in any scenario... it was brilliant.

This new system is confusing and convoluted to be polite. In one race, an open one no less, I bought a new car I was itching to drive (after being encouraged to buy anything I wanted for this race type by the voiceover man) only to find it didn't fit the criteria. The car was an Audi rs4 and no matter what I did I couldn't upgrade it to make it fit. Turns out thdd breaks (which you cannot upgrade) were at a higher level than I could upgrade the car. Thus it wouldn't work.

I cannot undertand the new system. It is confusing and not at all in keeping with the forza tradition. And don't get me started on the "car collectiom" stuff - locking cars being a point system T10? Really? I get that it encourages players to get lots of variety in their cars but with the aforementioned issues in car class it just makes it even less accessible...

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 4:18:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#182 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:57:53 AM(UTC)
The homologation is bugging me too. Why am I being forced to race with street tires? Why can't I even attempt to see if I can be competitive in stock tires while keeping the PI in the right place?

Are we not allowed to disable it?
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#183 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 6:02:20 AM(UTC)
BTW in Free Play you should be able to toggle upgrades in the advanced menu, to drive your car stock and not homologated.
 1 user liked this post.
#184 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 11:02:53 AM(UTC)
Is there a way to turn it off and let it die somewhere ?? Is it so wrong for me to want to upgrade my cars by myself ? I mean its doable but way more complicated because you then have to write on a piece of paper what are the requirements for the race you want to do and then try to upgrade it yourself but honestly it seems way more complicated than before and I've played 6 hours at least and I havent bought a single upgrade for any of my car because the game just do it for ya....I really dont like it and it takes away 30 to 40 % of the fun of making money and spending it. Is it just me ???
 1 user liked this post.
#185 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 11:21:08 AM(UTC)
This is complete nonsense. [Mod Edit - profanity is prohibited - MM] The cars can no longer be tuned for different classes. Only one example: Nissan GTR LM (stock C class) can only be used in A class in multiplayer. This is NOT "evolution".

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 11:26:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#186 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 11:29:56 AM(UTC)
If a Hopper uses Homologated rules then you'll only be able to use the cars that fit those rules, that's true. But Mechberg said they're open to adding lobbies from demand (and they had already advised that some features would be added after launch), and you'll be able to use a B class GTR LM in private lobbies if you control those settings.
 4 users liked this post.
#187 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 11:51:41 AM(UTC)
This homologation idea needs to be removed from the single player. It removes all variety from the field and also vastly limits your scope of modifying cars. The old PI/class system was fine for single player. So I can only race other 'sport compacts' when I'm driving one myself and being shoehorned into what mods I can or can't use? Absolute **** .
 1 user liked this post.
#188 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 12:09:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DingleFritz91 Go to Quoted Post
This homologation idea needs to be removed from the single player. It removes all variety from the field and also vastly limits your scope of modifying cars. The old PI/class system was fine for single player. So I can only race other 'sport compacts' when I'm driving one myself and being shoehorned into what mods I can or can't use? Absolute **** .

I love the divisions so a big No No to removing from single player. The answer would be to add either a custom event series generator or give a toggle so the player can decide how to run single player.
 4 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 12:34:13 PM(UTC)
It would have been nice to have seen races for homologation classes and PI based classes, rather than PI classes being axed. Would have been great to race a stock M4 in one championship, a Luxury saloon homologation M4 in another and a A class M4 in another. would have been more interesting as i'd rather race stock.

Really don't like the fact race cars need homologating, I want to race a V8 Supercar, a British touring car or a GT3 car the way it was meant and they way they are when we see them race for real. I don't want to race a 670bhp V8 Supercar or a 420bhp BTCC or a GT3 with 100bhp more and much wider tyres. The cars a already close so I don't understand the needless upgrades, I understand why homologation is used on the road classes but it spoils the racecars for me. Its like buying F1 2017 and every car is limited to 500bhp or PC2 and finding they've given every GT1 car 1000bhp and 375 tyres, I want to race the racecars with there real specs not just some car that just looks like the real thing with way different performance levels.

#190 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 12:50:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DingleFritz91 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not feeling it either! My main gripe is the tires, dont force me to pick a certain set. It always seems to be at the expense of not having a racing tranny or racing suspension.

I need BOTH those at the very least

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 12:51:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#191 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:03:18 PM(UTC)
Classic Street Muscle
Tire compound Street
Tire width 295
Power 450 HP
Class C 500

Off-road Buggies
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 265
Power 195 HP
Class D 325

Modern SUV
Tire compound Street
Tire width 325
Power 600 HP
Class B 575

Sport GT Icons
Tire compound Sport
Tire width 335
Power 600 HP
Class A 700

Vintage Sport Coupe
Tire compound Street
Tire width 235
Power 325 HP
Class C 450

NASCAR
Tire compound Race
Tire width 315
Power 725 HP
Class R 833

Rally Heroes
Tire compound Sport
Tire width 305
Power 610 HP
Class S 800

Sport Touring Icons
Tire compound Sport
Tire width 305
Power 500 HP
Class B 575

Elite Factory Racers
Tire compound Race
Tire width 365
Power 625 HP
Class R 900

GT Racing Reborn
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 375
Power 625 HP
Class R 825

Early Sport Luxury
Tire compound Street
Tire width 305
Power 400 HP
Class B 525

Nostalgic Drag Racers
Tire compound Sport
Tire width 305
Power 450 HP
Class B 550

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 2:13:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#192 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 1:52:34 PM(UTC)
The homologation system could have been good if there was a way to "upgrade" your car division. Because right now, there is absolutely no point to modify your car in single player.
I mean, let say I have Nissan GT-R which is a S class and a Sport GT division, if I modify the car until it become a R class, well I'm stuck with the Sport GT division and can't do anything with it in single player campaign. In this specific case, the logical thing would have been to automaticaly upgrade the car to Forza GT division.

I'm sorry to say that, but at this point, this is just bad game design... Yet the solution to resolve this problem is pretty simple, just add upgradable division system.
#193 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:13:04 PM(UTC)
The only real problem here is that it takes a sweet car like an honda s2000 and limits it to class B for example.....In previous forzas I loved to tune my s2000 (just an example) to class A with weight reduction and a lot more HP but now I can barely touch the air intake because I will go over limit and Ill have to homologate if I want to use that car for a race....And Ive tried the forza homologated s2000 in a race I got owned like crazy then I went back and homologated myself to focus on HP, I owned the race (at expert level) see what the problem is ? or maybe im just not far enough in the game and somehow later on its gonna let mme have more freedom of tuning (sincerely hope so :S)
#194 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:20:23 PM(UTC)
Currently missing:

Formula 90s
Ultima 1020 Spec

Edited by user Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:30:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#195 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:12:46 PM(UTC)
So for those of you that have the game, is it possible to upgrade/downgrade a car so that it can be used in divisions other than it's default division?
#196 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 3:18:00 PM(UTC)
Division is body type, which doesn't change. A C-class Historic Road Racing car is still in the Historic Road Racing division at B and A class. Homologation is based on parts and PI. You can change the PI just like previous Forza games, but if you go outside the Homologation (event restrictions) then the only place you'll be able to use your upgraded car is in Free Play and private multiplayer (or Spec rivals if there's a matching event)

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 3:20:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#197 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 4:39:51 PM(UTC)
Honesty they really messed this up. What happened to the drivatars picking/upgrading cars to fit what you want to do. For example if i want to use a stock classic mussle car that has a rating of 350 the AI should get in cars that have a similar score but instead they go to the top of that class so if my car is 350 they will jump in cars that are 400 there still in D class but there cars are much faster. In single player campaign i should be able to use a stock car but it forces you to upgrade to what the game wants you to do taking away any freedom we used to have. I understand staying in the same type of car i.e. classic mussle, modern super, etcetera but i should be able to go as high or as low in the car score as i want. This whole homologation system is stupid and not fun. Please just get rid of it and bring the old system back.
 2 users liked this post.
#198 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:28:24 PM(UTC)
Ok so the homologation system is stupid it is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a Forza game. The first thing i want to say is IN SINGLE PLAYER ONLY i don't mind the car divisions i.e classic muscle, modern super car they were in Horizon 3's single player and it works great there. So to start out, the AI in the game should change to fit my Pi score not the other way around I should be able to take whatever car i want and upgrade as much or as little as i want (including stock) and the AI should get in cars to fit that, this is one of the best thing forza offers or should i say did offer. The second thing is limiting what tire compound and how much horse power we can install is retarded not a mistake its retarded why would you take away the freedom to do what ever we want with our cars that is a huge part of the fun. This new system should be scrapped and the system from horzion 3 should be used.
 5 users liked this post.
#199 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:59:28 PM(UTC)
I can't seem to upgrade any cars or customize them in any way before any particular race. I go to start a race, and my car is already upgraded to say, C 520.

Before I start a series, I can't tell what PI or restrictions I need to run it. In old Forza games, you'd see "C class, Hot Hatch, Special Restrictions: Stock Only". I can't find that before running a series so I'm always starting races "blind".
When I get into the race, the upgrade options are basically useless because I can't add anything to any of the cars I chose. The car I picked automatically gets upgraded to say, C 520. I poke around in that Upgrade area thinking, hmm I'll sacrifice some horsepower to get me down to C510 and then instead upgrade my brakes. Tough, I can't do it - because suddenly the race has a Brake requirement for Street only.

I love buying new cars and then upgrading them to max out the PI for a particular race, but I can't seem to do this in Forza 7. All the cars I buy or win are already upgraded to the nearly the top of a PI division. I can't make any changes to any of them or they won't qualify for a particular race. As mentioned above, I can't even SEE what the restrictions are before starting a race, so I can't like buy a car, upgrade and tweak it for top of C class, then join a race, because suddenly nothing on that C care is qualified for the race.

I even went to the "Open" race in the 2nd series where the narrator basically says, you can race any car you want! But instead, I pick a car and I can't change any of it's settings because it's all suddenly stuck with Street tires Only, max HP of 520, no Sport transmission, etc. I am about 8 hours into the game and I haven't purchased or installed a single upgrade from the Upgrade shop, because whatever I pick suddenly makes any car I'm driving unqualified for any race in the campaign. This is a vast difference from other Forza titles where you could go shopping for sleepers, upgrade them to the top of particular class, maybe sacrifice horse power for racing transmission, and then play a race.

What am I not understanding about this way of limiting cars in particular races? Why can't a single player race series just tell me, "Hot Hatch, B class" and let me figure out how I plan on making a B class Hot Hatch?

I am really struggling with this, thanks for any and all help in advance!

EDIT: Thanks for moving my topic. Reading up on this, it appears that well, it's just not a very good or fun system for single player campaign. As others have stated, there's just no reason to use the Upgrade system in the single player game because whatever I choose to race, I always have a car that's bumped up to the exact specifications it needs to be. That's a bummer.

I still don't understand why the Open single player races have restrictions. I guess when they say Open, they really mean "Pick whatever division you want, but you'll still be restricted by that division's specifications."

Just not a fan of this. Makes me not want to bother finishing up the Single Player mode because I really enjoy upgrading cars and making sleepers and tinkering but I just can't do that unless I run Free Play or multiplayer. Lots of other games let us run THEIR cars without customizing them, Forza was the series that let us run OUR cars the way we wanted to, and this has been removed. This is a real step backwards for the series, Turn 10.

I can take a Vandura and give it 1000HP and make it a crazy racing van. I can't race this anywhere in the game except for Free Play and private matches. That's horrible.

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 6:28:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#200 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 6:41:23 PM(UTC)
Forza 7 and I had a really rough start last night. today I decided to give it a try again, and discovered the wonders of Free Play. With this option, I find the FDC completely pointless, at least until they fix it by making Homologate optional.

I played for a couple of hours, had an absolutely blast making my own races, with my own rules and driving my cars nearly bone-stock as I wanted. I am now over 1,000,000 credits, so it hasn't been a waste at all. I just redeemed all my Ultimate Edition freebies, sold them all and it only took a few car purchases (cars that I was really interested in) to get back into my collector's tier. So nothing lost.

Graphics, physics with G920, sounds, everything is so gorgeous in this game. I am, however, afraid that this Free Play solution will get old too quick. So yeah... please get rid of Homologate and bring back the functional PI system from Forza 6, or simply do what Horizon 3 did, which simply equaled A.I cars to yours. At least make it optional.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
28 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error