This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
28 Pages<<262728Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#676 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 4:39:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: S7 EMILIO Go to Quoted Post
That 720S is crippled when in homologation. Bad handling and not fast at all.

When you run it Stock in a race without restrictions the nature of the car becomes clear.

I would rather have that they keep the divisions as in type of car and have a option to run stock or not in that division. It is now only possible in open class races.

Yeah the 720S is amazing to drive stock, but homologated it seems to be rather unstable when untuned, besides being underpowered next to the other cars.

The biggest problem with running the divisions stock is that there's imbalance between the cars in stock form due to how they were placed in the divisions themselves. For example, the 2016 Audi R8 stands no chance against the 911 GT2 RS when stock. It should've been in Sport GT but it was placed in Exotic GT to "give Audi something in that division", which is odd because the Huracán is a better car and is in Sport GT.

Absolutely right! This is why I dont drive STOCK cars. You cannot compete against cars that are already upgraded. Just pick something else and I love the M4 even though you cant make it that much quicker, if I can get all my suspension done it's still fun to drive

Tires are the biggest factor, since the stock tires vary greatly between cars there's much difference in behavior between them. It's unfair to pit a GT3 RS with Sport tires against an Audi R8 with Street tires. The upgrade system allows you to replicate actual ownership of the vehicle since, if I had an M4, you can be sure I'd fit wider tires to it. BMW loves to undertire the front end to make the cars "safer" (they started doing this with the M5 E39). Even if you don't have Race suspension you can greatly affect a car's behavior by changing how staggered the tire setup is.

Unfortunately, the AI will never upgrade their cars, so you can't make them all use Sport tires or whatever. The prevalence of homologation in career mode wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue if Free Play was more like what you see in Forza Horizon.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#677 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:32:44 AM(UTC)

Hi guys!

To this day I can not understand the reason why Turn10 created the HOMOLOGATION device in FM7!

I have been a big fan of the franchise since always and for me it has greatly undermined the fun of the game!

To this day (more than 1 year of FM7) I did not do 50% of the career mode, the size of the discouragement because of HOMOLOGATION.

The most disappointing thing is that HOMOLOGATION is present even in FREE PLAY mode!

If I create a lobby (offline, because I only play alone), and create disputes between cars by division, I can not create a lobby against cars NO ENHANCEMENTS!

It would be very, very nice if Turn10 could "UNLOCK" HOMOLOGATION and allow us to create our lobbys online or offline against the opposing cars we want without the blessed HOMOLOGATON!

I'm sure a simple update can solve this problem.

I'm still waiting for that simple but important solution for the amazing FM7.

A hug!
#678 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 9:48:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Power strocker Go to Quoted Post

Hi guys!

To this day I can not understand the reason why Turn10 created the HOMOLOGATION device in FM7!

I have been a big fan of the franchise since always and for me it has greatly undermined the fun of the game!

To this day (more than 1 year of FM7) I did not do 50% of the career mode, the size of the discouragement because of HOMOLOGATION.

The most disappointing thing is that HOMOLOGATION is present even in FREE PLAY mode!

If I create a lobby (offline, because I only play alone), and create disputes between cars by division, I can not create a lobby against cars NO ENHANCEMENTS!

It would be very, very nice if Turn10 could "UNLOCK" HOMOLOGATION and allow us to create our lobbys online or offline against the opposing cars we want without the blessed HOMOLOGATON!

I'm sure a simple update can solve this problem.

I'm still waiting for that simple but important solution for the amazing FM7.

A hug!

Division: ANY. Then go into Advanced Restrictions and pick what you want. No homologation here.

The fact we're 1 year into the game's lifespan and there are people still thinking Free Play is homologation-enforced makes me think Turn 10 needs to make those advanced features more apparent.

In career the homologation is enforced, of course. But, with almost 800 cars in the game, it doesn't make sense to let people trivialize it with only one or two cars. It's a game and it's supposed to make you leave your comfort zone from time to time.

Even in Horizon it doesn't work well, because you pick a car in stock form then the matchup pits you against upgraded cars anyway, or even cars superior to yours. So you have to make blueprints for everything you do, which gets old fast.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#679 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:13:53 AM(UTC)
For a game touted as an open sandbox that lets you play how you want, it isnt "trivializing" to play it how you want. Just because that's how you think the game should be doesnt mean other people think the same way.
#680 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 2:50:58 PM(UTC)
The free play menu is a big, complicated dog's breakfast. In previous FM's the menus were very easy to navigate, not anymore they're not. Food for thought......FM3 & 4 were designed for much inferior hardware than we have now. In the quest for cross-platform capability and fancy graphics, have T10 lost sight of or just plain ignored core features and gameplay?
#681 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:29:28 PM(UTC)
While some classes are just right as they are others are not so. Historic roadracing is one of them, this class is underpowered. B600 would be a better/moore realistic tuning, like max 500hp + raceweight, widest street-tyres++

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:34:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gt: fairlane305
#682 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:44:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Historic Road Racing

Division in FM6: Historic American Muscle

1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
1970 Chevrolet Corvette [C3] ZR-1
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
1967 Chevrolet Corvette [C2] Stingray 427
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
1977 Holden Torana A9X
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

These cars are typical of the Sports Car Club of America Trans-Am era and NASCAR. Other muscle cars of the 60s and 70s are grouped into Nostalgic Drag Racers and Classic Street Muscle. Other racers like the Shelby Cobra are grouped into Vintage GT Racing.

Average horsepower: 360
Average weight-to-hp: 9.6

Homologation rules:
Street Tires
Tire width 265
Power 450 HP
Class C 475

This "category" is underpowered. Should be Class B600, max 500hp(525?)(via biggest cam), raceweight, max tirewidt street-tires, 5sp sport gearbox & racingsuspension. All this to get as close as possible to what these cars actually was good for as roadracers.
#683 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:48:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Prototype Group Racing

Division in FM6: Early GT Racing and Can-Am

1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
1966 Ford #2 GT40 MkII Le Mans
1969 Lola #6 Penske Sunoco T70 MkIIIB
1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
1969 Nissan #21 Nissan Racing R382

Average horsepower: 530
Average weight-to-hp: 3.4

Homologation rules:
Tire compound Stock
Tire width 380
Power 600 HP
Class R 850

On the other hand, this category is overpowered. 500hp max. As it is now it is classics on dope. 580hp in a Ferrari 330 P4? Really?

1 user liked this post.
#684 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:32:11 AM(UTC)
Although I do not like the homologation scheme, I also do not think the FM4 scheme in PI is ideal, because happens that you can not get the PI number, for example: 578 and opponents go up to 600. Then the player is required to return a class to stay competitive.

That way, I believe the best way would be to adopt the Forza Horizon 3 scheme, where the player rides the championship the way he wants, with the cars he wants, with whatever power he wants, etc he wants. Want to run with MX-5 X999? Go ahead... Want to run with it stock? Be happy... FH3 is like that and works very well.
#685 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:22:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cassinho81 Go to Quoted Post
That way, I believe the best way would be to adopt the Forza Horizon 3 scheme, where the player rides the championship the way he wants, with the cars he wants, with whatever power he wants, etc he wants. Want to run with MX-5 X999? Go ahead... Want to run with it stock? Be happy... FH3 is like that and works very well.

That's part of the reason Horizon exists in the first place. If you like that setup, then go play that game.

Forza Motorsport is focused on putting specific types of cars together in races. If you don't like the way a car regulation is set up, you can use Free Play to make whatever races you want. But an important part of many motorsports is building the car and trying to squeak out every last bit of advantage you can within the required guidelines of the race. To adopt Horizon's "do whatever you want" attitude would completely remove that aspect.

Are the Car Division in FM7 perfect? Not at all. Many of them don't map very closely to any real-life racing series. However, the idea is solid, it's just the execution that may be lacking.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:23:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#686 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:28:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cassinho81 Go to Quoted Post

That's part of the reason Horizon exists in the first place. If you like that setup, then go play that game.

Forza Motorsport is focused on putting specific types of cars together in races. If you don't like the way a car regulation is set up, you can use Free Play to make whatever races you want. But an important part of many motorsports is building the car and trying to squeak out every last bit of advantage you can within the required guidelines of the race. To adopt Horizon's "do whatever you want" attitude would completely remove that aspect.

Are the Car Division in FM7 perfect? Not at all. Many of them don't map very closely to any real-life racing series. However, the idea is solid, it's just the execution that may be lacking.

Yes I know. I play both, Horizon and Motorsport, and I like both. I also play career mode and freeplay mode.

Although I agree withyou strong arguments, in my opinion there is an excess of divisions and an excess of restrictions that ends up killing the Forza of how it was, that is, take a car, put in PI that you want, and run for example F40 x Miata x any other random.

One thing that could be solved would be to set an PI limit for that championship (Lambo x Ferrari for example), and let the player adapt the car the way he wants. Or maybe a weight/power ratio for each championship or division, and let the player customize.

28 Pages<<262728Prev

Notification

Icon
Error