28 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#601 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 10:30:04 AM(UTC)
I dont like the homologation kind if got bored with the game cause of that hope to see it go away or option to change to modify cars the we like any upgrade done and its banned

Edited by user Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:52:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#602 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 6:09:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RobMuzz Go to Quoted Post
NOTE: I'm talking about Single player chanpionship only! (I never play online.)

I just hate being told what to do!

In previous Forza titles there would be a warning about "not being competetive" but you could carry on.

Why am I FORCED to homologate my beautiful stock car!?!

If I am going to be at a disadvantage... GOOD! Leave that challange to me.


That's what I keep running into in all modes. The game keeps telling me "No." Most times, when you think you are in a situation where you have a choice and have a preference for what you want to do, the game will find a way to say "No, you can't do that." It always seems to be funneling you into what THE GAME wants you to do. It happens in a thousand little ways whether it's setting up a car, a track, navigating around the UI, etc. I look at the car showroom and it's full of that little "lock" symbol on half the car, locked away for when Forza decides to let you spend your money. None of these things is too annoying on their own, but add them all up and it's just a discouraging experience.
Now I see why the lobbys are full of rammers. They're simply **** ed off about how the game constantly throws up roadblocks and limitations. They take their frustrations out on the track because that's the one area where Forza never says "No, you can't do that." On the track, anything goes.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#603 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:13:03 AM(UTC)
I have no idea why can't they make it so that we can choose division but without homologation, yeah the races will be unbalanced but If I want to race stock supercars I should have that option. If I want to race S class tuned hothatches I should have that option. We should be able to choose AI cars as well. It was all possible in Horizon 3. And homologated races should be there too. It's called FREE PLAY for a reason...

Edited by user Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:16:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Why is my avatar different here than on the Xbox...
Rank: On the Podium
 1 user liked this post.
#604 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 1:34:35 AM(UTC)
Last night I decided to try out the Citroen 2CV to see if it was competitive within its Division (Major Micros, E/250).

I noticed that its FWD drivetrain could be converted to RWD, and after doing that plus almost every other upgrade possible on the car I was within the Homologation parameters but with a PI of E/230.

When I tried to start the race however the game wouldn't allow me to, saying that the car was not in Homologation spec.

Drivetrain swaps are allowed in Homologated races, I have tested this in the past.

This leads me to believe that each Division has a hidden minimum PI limit in addition to the already-defined maximum PI limit.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#605 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 2:00:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Last night I decided to try out the Citroen 2CV to see if it was competitive within its Division (Major Micros, E/250).

I noticed that its FWD drivetrain could be converted to RWD, and after doing that plus almost every other upgrade possible on the car I was within the Homologation parameters but with a PI of E/230.

When I tried to start the race however the game wouldn't allow me to, saying that the car was not in Homologation spec.

Drivetrain swaps are allowed in Homologated races, I have tested this in the past.

This leads me to believe that each Division has a hidden minimum PI limit in addition to the already-defined maximum PI limit.


I can confirm that, and the minimum PI is pretty close to the maximum - I encountered it a couple days ago when toying around with builds for the 2CV and the game wouldn't let me run a 243 or 244 PI car in Major Micors (I don't remember the exact PI value, but it was definitely above 240). I don't mind homologation per se and actually think it added an interesting additional challenge to career mode because of the tight limits you have for upgrading/improving your car, but it shouldn't restrict you so heavily from keeping below the division's limits, and I'd definitely love to be able to turn it off in freeplay. This is one thing that was done right in Horizon 3 - in single player free play, you should be able to choose to drive whatever car/build you want against the opponents you want.

Edited by user Friday, January 19, 2018 2:01:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#606 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 3:29:57 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,

Audi R8 V10 Plus an Exotic GT? what do you think of the choice of category this car is in?
I personally think that it would be better in the Sport GT class with the 458s, huracans and 911s of the world.
After all, this car is just the more german version of the Huracan. Its basically the same engine, its a mid engine supercar in the 150k-220k price range.
Why putting it together with the F12 Berlinetta or the Aventador? Those cars are a tier higher in price as well as from the power standpoint.
To be quite honest, i miss this car when i do Sport GT class races.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Friday, January 19, 2018 6:49:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#607 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 4:25:43 AM(UTC)
There are a lot of cars in odd divisions throughout the game. Some of them seem to be moved around to bolster smaller divisions, others are just odd choices that seem like they didn't have a lot of thought put into them.

For the Audi, maybe they figured the Huracan was already in the Sport GT division, so why put basically the same car in the division too? Best I can come up with, if I'm being charitable and figuring there was actually thought put into it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#608 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 4:30:45 AM(UTC)
Yeah, you are probably right, that might be the cause.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#609 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 5:37:58 AM(UTC)
There are a ton of design choices in this game that make me scratch my head, but several cars being in the wrong division is one of the biggest ones.
Rank: Racing Permit
#610 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 4:03:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ferkelparade Go to Quoted Post
[quote=PJTierney;863824]I don't mind homologation per se and actually think it added an interesting additional challenge to career mode because of the tight limits you have for upgrading/improving your car, but it shouldn't restrict you so heavily from keeping below the division's limits, and I'd definitely love to be able to turn it off in freeplay. This is one thing that was done right in Horizon 3 - in single player free play, you should be able to choose to drive whatever car/build you want against the opponents you want.


You can do that in Free Play actually. Set the match type to Custom, then go into the advanced menu and use the option for restricting cars to whatever PI limit you want (A, B, R etc). Once you do that, it will not complain about Homologation limits anymore. As long as your PI keeps you in the specified letter PI class, you can race it. I did that a bunch when this new car pack came out as I wanted to test out all of the cars bone stock first.

They really didn't take anything out of FM7, they just buried it in the advanced options menu. Eg you can still do time trials\test drive, you just have to set it up manually in Free Play.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#611 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 7:02:00 AM(UTC)
Ok, so now you are putting out ONLY open hopper classes!!! Where are the homologated divisions? Change up the few you have out. Also, put out some Homologated Classes. Come on guys. it would take 10 minutes!!!

2013 HRPT long hauler in my 45th Anniversary SS!!!
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#612 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 7:37:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SupraFiend Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ferkelparade Go to Quoted Post
[quote=PJTierney;863824]I don't mind homologation per se and actually think it added an interesting additional challenge to career mode because of the tight limits you have for upgrading/improving your car, but it shouldn't restrict you so heavily from keeping below the division's limits, and I'd definitely love to be able to turn it off in freeplay. This is one thing that was done right in Horizon 3 - in single player free play, you should be able to choose to drive whatever car/build you want against the opponents you want.


You can do that in Free Play actually. Set the match type to Custom, then go into the advanced menu and use the option for restricting cars to whatever PI limit you want (A, B, R etc). Once you do that, it will not complain about Homologation limits anymore. As long as your PI keeps you in the specified letter PI class, you can race it. I did that a bunch when this new car pack came out as I wanted to test out all of the cars bone stock first.

They really didn't take anything out of FM7, they just buried it in the advanced options menu. Eg you can still do time trials\test drive, you just have to set it up manually in Free Play.


I have done this before, changing the PI class lets say to A class , but if I take a B class car and bump it up to an A class will that record my time on the leader board in the A class division only ?
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#613 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:04:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dig it909 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SupraFiend Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ferkelparade Go to Quoted Post
[quote=PJTierney;863824]I don't mind homologation per se and actually think it added an interesting additional challenge to career mode because of the tight limits you have for upgrading/improving your car, but it shouldn't restrict you so heavily from keeping below the division's limits, and I'd definitely love to be able to turn it off in freeplay. This is one thing that was done right in Horizon 3 - in single player free play, you should be able to choose to drive whatever car/build you want against the opponents you want.


You can do that in Free Play actually. Set the match type to Custom, then go into the advanced menu and use the option for restricting cars to whatever PI limit you want (A, B, R etc). Once you do that, it will not complain about Homologation limits anymore. As long as your PI keeps you in the specified letter PI class, you can race it. I did that a bunch when this new car pack came out as I wanted to test out all of the cars bone stock first.

They really didn't take anything out of FM7, they just buried it in the advanced options menu. Eg you can still do time trials\test drive, you just have to set it up manually in Free Play.


I have done this before, changing the PI class lets say to A class , but if I take a B class car and bump it up to an A class will that record my time on the leader board in the A class division only ?


Never mind i answered my own question. ...LOL....I just tried bumping a B class to A class...set PI to A class...which the cars I am running against are A class only, the leader boards just reflects Non- Homologation all the way up to P class. I do not mind the Homologation classes at all kinda like it, but put a seperate Class leaderboards back I think you could have them all, Homologation, Non- Homologation and each individual Classes. What puzzles me is at at least the cars I tune and run with is why have the engine swap when it bumps you into non- Homologation ? I have done the drivetrain swap and stayed with in the division which is ok. ...Just some random thoughts by an old man, have a great day guys....................Dig................
Rank: Racing Permit
#614 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 6:29:14 AM(UTC)
Hello guys!

I am an offline player and for me the concept of homologation does not make any sense.

I still do not know why Turn10 did not create an alternative for those players who do not want to be forced to equip their cars in order to run?

FM6 already had this option as "do you want to run without improvements?" and I do not know why FM7 does not have this option, at least for offline players?

I even ran in the drivers' cup, because you can only participate by submitting your car to homologation. Even in FREE GAME, when we create groups of pilots from different divisions, these cars can not run in their original state!

That takes away a lot of the fun of the game!

FM7 is known to house the type of player, but with this limitation of himologation, most of the offline players are lost.

When I choose to race with a muscle car, I want to be able to tame all the torque and power, "fighting" to make the corners with the passionate limitations that the old muscle cars have.

But in FM7, to run, I have to homologation an old muscle cars and lose all its essence, its original characteristics.

Does not make sense!

Turn10 please correct that!

A hug!
Rank: Racing Permit
#615 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 10:18:54 AM(UTC)
Hello guys!

The March package is packed with cool cars!

There was also a great deal of concern with telemetry information issues and custom paintings.

Only Turn10 was left to take care of the part that most interferes with the fun:

- RESOLVE THE RESTRICTIONS OF HOMOLOGATION !!!!!!!
Rank: Racing Permit
#616 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 10:55:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Power strocker Go to Quoted Post
Hello guys!

I am an offline player and for me the concept of homologation does not make any sense.

I still do not know why Turn10 did not create an alternative for those players who do not want to be forced to equip their cars in order to run?

FM6 already had this option as "do you want to run without improvements?" and I do not know why FM7 does not have this option, at least for offline players?

I even ran in the drivers' cup, because you can only participate by submitting your car to homologation. Even in FREE GAME, when we create groups of pilots from different divisions, these cars can not run in their original state!

That takes away a lot of the fun of the game!

FM7 is known to house the type of player, but with this limitation of himologation, most of the offline players are lost.

When I choose to race with a muscle car, I want to be able to tame all the torque and power, "fighting" to make the corners with the passionate limitations that the old muscle cars have.

But in FM7, to run, I have to homologation an old muscle cars and lose all its essence, its original characteristics.

Does not make sense!

Turn10 please correct that!

A hug!


You can race without homologation in Free Play, you just have to set the "Allow Upgrades" option to "No" in the "Setup Race" window. Then you can customize the race any way you want, like setting the minimum and maximum PI permitted in the race.
Rank: Racing Permit
#617 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:07:50 AM(UTC)
But when I select "NO" to accept upgrades, it automatically undoes my choice of car division.
That's just what I do not want.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#618 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:14:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Power strocker Go to Quoted Post
But when I select "NO" to accept upgrades, it automatically undoes my choice of car division.
That's just what I do not want.


It didn't used to, I think that is another bug that was introduced. I noticed it as well.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: Racing Permit
#619 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:22:43 AM(UTC)

How can we claim this repair?

It makes a lot of difference in the game, it takes away a lot of the fun (at least for me).

We need this correction as soon as possible!

It's something so simple.
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#620 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:36:16 AM(UTC)
Report it in the Technical Support forum.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: Racing Permit
#621 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:29:40 AM(UTC)
Thanks!
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#622 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:50:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Power strocker Go to Quoted Post
But when I select "NO" to accept upgrades, it automatically undoes my choice of car division.
That's just what I do not want.


It didn't used to, I think that is another bug that was introduced. I noticed it as well.


Really? I've noticed this too, but I thought it was intentional. Since each division requires a certain configuration, I thought that it wouldn't make much sense to be able to turn off homologation inside a division.

Anyway, the more customizable the game is, the better. We can't even select the country or the decade of the cars unless we set division to "ANY", so it would be nice to have more flexibility in that aspect.
Rank: Racing Permit
#623 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:53:44 AM(UTC)

Hello guys!

In the "FREE PLAY" mode in "PERSONAL RACE" I like to run with 4 groups, one group is totally FREE and the others are divided by divisions, type:

- Rally cars
- Hot hatches
- Sports GT

But I can not get these groups running without improvements, whenever I choose not to improve, the settings erase the divisions I chose.

I believe this is a flaw that can be easily resolved.

I'm waiting for this repair.

A hug!
Rank: Racing Permit
#624 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:02:35 PM(UTC)
Hello guys!

In the "FREE PLAY" mode in "PERSONAL RACE" I like to run with 4 groups, one group is totally FREE and the others are divided by divisions, type:

- Rally cars
- Hot hatches
- Sports GT

But I can not get these groups running without improvements, whenever I choose not to improve, the settings erase the divisions I chose.

I believe this is a flaw that can be easily resolved.

I'm waiting for this repair.

A hug!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#625 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:33:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lucas JSR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Power strocker Go to Quoted Post
But when I select "NO" to accept upgrades, it automatically undoes my choice of car division.
That's just what I do not want.


It didn't used to, I think that is another bug that was introduced. I noticed it as well.


Really? I've noticed this too, but I thought it was intentional. Since each division requires a certain configuration, I thought that it wouldn't make much sense to be able to turn off homologation inside a division.


I thought so as well. Most divisions at a minimum require a change of tire compound, which would be considered an upgrade. If you set "Allow Upgrades" to No, then most of the divisions simply won't work, or there would only be a few cars eligible at best. Given that there's also a hidden minimum PI limit, even if the tire compound is correct stock, you'd probably still have to throw something(s) on there to make it eligible.

It does seem to be binary. Entirely homologated, or entirely free. There is no in-between.
One of "The 50"
28 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error