4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 4:47:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR M Rossi Go to Quoted Post
>These players migrate to regular hoppers, the beginner hoppers become dead and multiplayer becomes the exact same kind of crash fest as it was in FM6.

OK, so... the only change to the game that will result from the addition of Friction Assist is that very young and very casual gamers might enjoy single-player more. Other than that (based on your assumptions) Friction Assist will have no effect on multiplayer.

So what's the complaint?

Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#77 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 5:14:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post
>These players migrate to regular hoppers, the beginner hoppers become dead and multiplayer becomes the exact same kind of crash fest as it was in FM6.

OK, so... the only change to the game that will result from the addition of Friction Assist is that very young and very casual gamers might enjoy single-player more. Other than that (based on your assumptions) Friction Assist will have no effect on multiplayer.

So what's the complaint?

U usually talk so much sense but u must be feeling obstructive today.

We all know how this assit will be used. We all know it's will make the so called beginner hoppers an absolute nightmare for anyone serious about the game. I can only assume u havnt watched nightmares video.

Look I get why they have put this in but unfotunalty the ppl it's aimed at can't be trusted with such an assit. If ppl could be trusted then it would have no restrictions what so ever. The fact t10 are limiting it to beginner hoppers says it all. It's op, it will do far more harm than good and like the majority of ppl in this thread i agree it's utterly pointless
 2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 6:01:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR TYSKlE Go to Quoted Post

Possibly... although maybe it's just that I find the doomsday predictions so tiresome, as they have come out with every version and every "ease of play" feature addition.

We all know how this assit will be used. We all know it's will make the so called beginner hoppers an absolute nightmare for anyone serious about the game.

Why would anyone serious about the game be in the beginner hoppers? Someone who is Serious about the Game would play single-player career until he/she has a sense of how to handle the cars and how to race. Anybody jumping into multiplayer without having a decent handle on the gameplay is not Serious about the Game.

Comments seem to have gone from "people will use this to cheat" to "this will hinder the serious players attempting to learn how to play".

Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 6:45:01 AM(UTC)
From my experince you have ppl that play carrer and ppl that play online. Ppl don't usually mix the 2 for instance myself I have never player carrer, I jumped on fm4 online and with a little help from my friends I got the bug and stated to take it way to seriously. You also find serious players in ghost leagues. The beginner hoppers might be a choice for those who are sick of being rammed like the ghost hoppers are now.

I don't think either path is wrong wether u learn online or in career everyone is entitled to start where they feel is best.

I have no doubt that this assist will be used for cheating and will give a bad impression to those coming up the ranks. It's not a case of changing the consequences of using this assit but more that we have thought of more consequences that will no doubt become apparent.

Usually I can be swayed on things like this particularly if it makes the game more assessable. But t10 have gone to far here imo and nothing good will come of it
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 7:53:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post

Possibly... although maybe it's just that I find the doomsday predictions so tiresome, as they have come out with every version and every "ease of play" feature addition.

We all know how this assit will be used. We all know it's will make the so called beginner hoppers an absolute nightmare for anyone serious about the game.

Why would anyone serious about the game be in the beginner hoppers? Someone who is Serious about the Game would play single-player career until he/she has a sense of how to handle the cars and how to race. Anybody jumping into multiplayer without having a decent handle on the gameplay is not Serious about the Game.

Comments seem to have gone from "people will use this to cheat" to "this will hinder the serious players attempting to learn how to play".

Rossi answered this much better than I did. There is a trickle down effect with this. The beginner lobbies are filled with wreckers as is. Now, you give them this assist, its gonna be much much worse. How you can not see that is beyond me. I obviously don't bother with the beginner lobbies, but I do constantly see players in regular lobbies that should be in the beginner lobbies and not on the same track with the faster players. When you're consistently being lapped on the 3rd lap of a 5 lap race, you belong in a beginners lobby. Many of these players won't go in the beginner lobbies because of how bad it is now. Its not a doomsday prediction at all, just common sense. Forza should not be adding this to the game in any form of multi-player. I don't like it in single player either, but just like the moronic mods, I can at least accept that as it won't effect other players. I just don't think Forza gets how awful the behavior is in multi-player, more importantly, I think its obvious that they really don't care.

I don't see this assist helping lesser players at all. I think it will ultimately hold them back.
#81 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 7:59:24 AM(UTC)

Oh, and off topic, but a pet peeve of mine:

Originally Posted by: TooOldToBeFast Go to Quoted Post

That is exactly my thoughts on this too. I am very skeptical as to whether or not it will be restricted as they say. I'm relatively new to Forza and would like to continue playing it. However, I feel there are already too many issues that ruin public lobbies as is. TCS is an assist that I feel should only be used by beginners, yet its widespread and many of the top players use it.

Feel free to drive the S class Maserati Tipo, Porsche 718, or the Team Forza NSX and you will see why TCS is necessary in some cars. You will also see how difficult they are to drive even with it on.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm too new to Forza to have had time to drive those specific cars yet in Forza, but have driven similar cars in other games. I get that its hard, but I think its supposed to be. My feeling is that if you want to be considered one of the best in world (which I know you are), then you should be playing the game at the hardest possible settings all the time. I'm not asking you to stop using TCS, play the game however you like. We just see it differently and that's fine. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers...

2 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
The assist will allow players like my fiancee who suck at anything other than mariocart to play this game. I'm ok with that so she's not left out.

It will be a cruel realisation when other players who depend on this venture online. Wrecks will happen.
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 1:19:03 PM(UTC)
I normally run no assists on unbeatable, I was struggling on a wet race on Suzuka, I decided to try 'friction assist' what a Joke! Finished 4000ft ahead in a 7 lapper. I got tons of credits for it- but a part of me died, my 5 yr old son, could have beaten it. C'mon turn 10, surely to god there should be a cr incentive to not use assists / sim damage. It's madness
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error