4 Pages1234PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:40:18 AM(UTC)
Good news everyone, it'll only be available in Beginner Hoppers.

https://twitter.com/Bill...tatus/910527948473516032
 3 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:44:41 AM(UTC)
Please tell me that T10 isn't THAT blind not to see how this would completely ruin the multiplayer...
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:48:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
Pretty sure no one has confirmed that Friction Assist will invalidate lap times per se, all they've said was you can't use it to get good lap times by cutting corners because cutting invalidates lap times anyway.

There has never been an assist in FM that invalidates lap times on its own, and given where it sits in the UI it would be a pretty bad bit of game design if this one does.

It says lap time submissions are disabled when using it.

What he said Zedeeyen, is says so in game!
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:03:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GTR CesarsWrath Go to Quoted Post

I know using Friction Assist will not allow for valid leaderboard times. Is it safe to say its use will not be allowed in general multiplayer? Career only?

It would be murderous to multi if they allow it. Crazy.

When I asked Bill Giese and Dan Greenawalt about Friction Assist (via Twitter) back in June they said it will be available in Multiplayer.

If it truly is 8 seconds a lap faster in the wet I'm turning it on for every wet race. While I have enough personal skill and pride to run most races without assists that time gain is larger than anything you can get from a tune or good car selection; if you don't have Friction Assist enabled in a wet Multiplayer race your chances of winning are greatly diminished.

Oh my really? Well like you say then, pretty much will have to use it in wet. Otherwise you stand no chance what so ever.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:06:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
So you were 9 seconds faster with friction assist on and no traction for both wet and dry?

That's literally insane.

That's game breaking for multiplayer. Glad it makes the lap dirty for rivals.

No only that much faster in wet, in Dry it's a bit faster without it.
But agreed it's good that it will at least invalidate your LB times.
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:12:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Just watched a xbox clip by ams nightmare driving on nurburgring with friction assist on. He was able to just drive off track like it was tarmac. Why was an assist like this necessary exactly. Even if you were new to the game how would it be beneficial to you to learn how to drive improperly. I really dont think it will be allowed in mutiplayer but who knows at this point with this developer.

That's the first thing I saw before downloading the demo. It was the first clip where he cut through every corner like it was nothing. This is why I'm just holding out for now just to see what other fun surprises T10 has for everyone.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:35:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KatoWerks Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Just watched a xbox clip by ams nightmare driving on nurburgring with friction assist on. He was able to just drive off track like it was tarmac. Why was an assist like this necessary exactly. Even if you were new to the game how would it be beneficial to you to learn how to drive improperly. I really dont think it will be allowed in mutiplayer but who knows at this point with this developer.

Here is the video for those who haven't seen it: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer...Nightmare/video/36713610

It would be a travesty if this is allowed in multiplayer. The assist were already putting players at a disadvantage for no benefit but this one seems to be game breaking.

Q: "Will this feature be single-player only?"

A: "Its an option in all modes, but we expect it to get most of it's usage in single player and split screen modes."
- Dan Greenawalt^

A: "Like all assists in game options players can create hoppers with it disabled. Higher tier multiplayer leagues will also have it disabled."
- Bill Giese^

Still it is game destroying. Even in lower league aka lower skill lobbies.
So either use the in game features and create your own lobby or go high tier leagues.
Either way it still makes no sense why this was put it in, it's pointless.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:38:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FirePhoenixx115 Go to Quoted Post
this CANNOT be a setting in hoppers and multiplayer in general, if that is true i won't bother with multiplayer at all.

It seems organised racing will be the way forward. That or just private lobbies with friends, or the high league lobbies where you can't use it.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:51:05 AM(UTC)
Can we get any word from T10 on this?
 4 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:06:52 AM(UTC)

We will be disabling this assist for rivals events and some multiplayer hoppers. Beginner hoppers will allow this, but the more common hoppers will not. This is not a cheat, this is an assist to help new players.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:16:12 AM(UTC)
This could very well be game breaking for me. Looks like i have a decision to make.
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:28:00 AM(UTC)
I don't get it. The new tweet says it will only be used in beginner hoppers. Why are you still complaining?
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:32:58 AM(UTC)

Thanks for finding that out dude.

appreciate it alot <3
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:33:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post

We will be disabling this assist for rivals events and some multiplayer hoppers. Beginner hoppers will allow this, but the more common hoppers will not. This is not a cheat, this is an assist to help new players.

Cheers Ian, thanks for clarifying.

Slightly off-topic, but could you look into this tweet too please? Having some info on this pre-release would be of great help.
 4 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:36:39 AM(UTC)
The friction assist is for casual and new and people that can't figure out how to drive. I appreciate the additional challenge of driving in the wet especially now that that wetness will vary. Use it if you want that's great, IMO it's lame.

but the real question here is... do the AI or drivatars get to use friction assist? And if you turn it off do they also lose the ability to use it?
 3 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:47:51 AM(UTC)

Just thought I would chime in on this, but just because it's a beginner lobby doesn't mean elite players won't enter that lobby. Trust me when I say there will be lots of fast players that use this to cheat, making beginners upset also. I recall C class hopper ghost lobby was a beginner lobby, but many fast players including myself joined to avoid the chaos online. I don't see how this assist benefits anyone really. You'd imagine after auto brake and all other assists on that would be plenty. This added assist just encourages more track cutting since there's no penalty for an off. The lap time is void anyways, but that doesn't mean people won't abuse it to win.

Just my advice, but I think you better prepare by adding A LOT of hoppers that are more for hardcore players if this assist is available in beginner lobbies.

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:42:48 AM(UTC)
What are beginner hoppers? Ppl choose hoppers based on class a b c and so on. We have serious players in all hoppers. Dan contradicts the above tweet.

"Its an option in all modes, but we expect it to get most of it's usage in single player and split screen modes."

I suspect it will be on in all hoppers except leagues. Leagues seems fairly self explanatory they do the same with sim damage. I'm still very sceptical about the horizon 3 switch

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:06:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:22:12 PM(UTC)

Fair enough that's spot on.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:46:57 PM(UTC)
So you were 9 seconds faster with friction assist on and no traction for both wet and dry?

That's literally insane.

Oh so the 2:24 Dubai should be 2:34?
 3 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:54:29 PM(UTC)
What's the point of having rain and multiple levels of friction? Just make a Microsoft version of Mario cart, and I'll be on my way else where.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:59:59 PM(UTC)
Frankly, this whole assist shouldn't be a thing. We finally have rain in Forza, since FM6 and now they include
an assist to bypass the effect this has on the gameplay? This whole thing is wrong, Turn10 shouldn't ever even
have considered an option like this. These are those kinds of decisions that makes you wanna scream like the Angry
Video Game Nerd: ''WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!??''.

Single player or multiplayer, Turn10 should force players to deal with whatever trackconditions preside at that time.
Taking every challenge away, even for a beginner has a adverse effect. You might as well let the cars drive themselves.
That's much easier for a newcomer...
''With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and
the experience as well. You can fly very high.'' - Ayrton Senna

#47 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:24:14 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the clarification Helios 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
When one of your game's biggest problems is corner cutting, it seems a bit odd to be adding assists that encourage new players to cut corners, even you do ban that assist in some hoppers.
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:28:39 AM(UTC)

That's literally insane.

Oh so the 2:24 Dubai should be 2:34?

I think you may be hooked up on that 10 second thing lol it the friction assist was nearly 10 quick in the wet at the Nurburgring GP. Friction assist off at Dubai was only a couple of seconds quicker not 10.
The quickest time I've heard so far there is a 2:28 flat.
#50 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:38:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shakurazz Go to Quoted Post
I don't get it. The new tweet says it will only be used in beginner hoppers. Why are you still complaining?

I've been updating the original post as new info as come to light. I guess if people are still complaiming now it will be because there not reading the edits.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error