This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:23:41 PM(UTC)
Please feel free to share wheel settings that are working for you guys,i'm using the TX and looking for some help,feel free to post for all wheels,just state what wheel your settings are for,thanks1

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 1:07:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:20:56 PM(UTC)
*** UPDATED***

Hey there T Rex,
I have the Fanatec Clubsport V2 wheel on the Xbox and kept my actual wheel settings the same as in FM6. Any adjusting I did was in the demo only. One thing I have noticed is there is absolutely no road feel at all! I have vibration all the way up and feel curbs and other cars bumping me but no road feel. A small amount on the Cobblestones but on a normal road going straight the wheel is dead.
My Demo settings are as such
Steering ..................0-100
Accel.........................2-100
Decel.........................2-100
Clutch.......................15-90
E-brake.....................10-100
Vibration scale.......100
FFB scale...................48
Wheel Rotation......540
Steering Lin..............49
FFB under steer.......160
FFB min......................130
Wheel damper.........4
Center Spring...........19

My Fanatec wheel settings
Sen.......540
FFB.......40
Sho.......off
ABS.......67
Lin..........off
DEA ......off
DRI.........off
BrF..........40

My assists in the Demo
ABS.............off
Steering....SIM
TRaction....off
Stability......off
Trans............manual no clutch....( paddle shifters for me )
Friction assist...off

This felt pretty decent for a start. I will be fine tuning my settings more after the game comes out when it is finalized. I would hate to have them change something and have to start all over again. This is good enough for me with the demo. Once the cars are tuned some it will get even better but I really hope they add more road feel in the wheels.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:51:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:30:52 PM(UTC)
Anyone got decent settings for the G920? I'm using the same settings I use in FM6 and it's just not working. Only had the wheel for a few weeks so I still don't know what each setting does.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:39:52 PM(UTC)
Holden,
The settings I posted above are only changing the settings in the Demo...in other words I changed nothing on my wheel from FM6 to the Demo. I did that on purpose so hopefully any wheel that worked decent in FM6 with these settings should give a decent starting point.

My theory is matching both game settings as close to each other in game settings only and no wheel adjustments any wheel hopefully would react the same but I have no way of knowing if this is true.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:53:35 PM(UTC)
Only thing I've noticed so far is to run the Wheel Damp between 40-75 and to run the Center Spring from 50-100... still fine tuning to find the sweet spot that works for all DOR.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:10:56 PM(UTC)
I figured out what the problem was. I had vibration strength on 100 so I dropped it to 50 and now it's much better. Every time I lost traction the wheel was shuddering really bad and moving the table it's mounted on. It's only a small table so it's pretty easy to move as it is.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:10:51 PM(UTC)
I have adjusted my settings in post #2 of this thread and like this quite a bit.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:35:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
I have adjusted my settings in post #2 of this thread and like this quite a bit.

I have:

Vibration Scale = 50
FFB scale 50
Wheel Rotation = 900
Steering Lin = 50
FFB under steer = 50
FFB min = 100

This is on XB1 with a G920. Everything else is default.

I don't know if that's the "correct" settings to have but the truck and Nissan races are fine. The 911 race on the other hand is terrible and I don't know why.
 7 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:43:12 PM(UTC)
T500RS - PC (no on wheel config) connected to a Inateck USB3.0 PCIe card - powered via PSU.

NORMAL STEERING!!

my Settings:
All deadzones 0 - 100, clutch 0-0.
Vibration: 100
FFB Scale: 90
Steering Sens: 100
Steering Lin: 50
FFB Understeer: 0
FFB Min force: 80
Wheel Damper:0
Center spring:0

My Thrustmaster control panel is basically defaults apart from master scale at 50%.

BTW:

Originally Posted by: T10Driver Go to Quoted Post

• The center strength of align torque falls into the Force Feedback slider. This is where align torque lives and where the Force Feedback Minimum and Understeer values are intended to help. Our align torque has always come from our extensive tire tests and was defined as the pneumatic trail of the tire. One of the largest changes this time is the addition of mechanical trail. Mechanical trail doesn't diminish as much as pneumatic trail at break-away. This is the missing magic force that makes the wheel follow through in oversteer and we touched on it slightly in FH3 but it was overrun by the spring. It's a double edged sword; more mechanical trail means more subtle feeling at the edge of understeer since there is now another force beyond peak slip angle. Basically, we're trading understeer feel for oversteer feel. Force Feedback Understeer is intended to allow you to find your balance between understeer and oversteer. At the moment, it isn't working as intended.

This brings me to my final point. In working with the Elite I discovered an issue with custom mappings which in some cases is turning off force feedback. The forces you're experiencing may be coming entirely from your wheel and not at all from the game. We're looking into this now.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:05:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:54:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
T500RS - PC (no on wheel config) connected to a Inateck USB3.0 PCIe card - powered via PSU.
my Settings:

My Thrustmaster control panel is basically defaults apart from master scale at 50%.

BTW:

• The center strength of align torque falls into the Force Feedback slider. This is where align torque lives and where the Force Feedback Minimum and Understeer values are intended to help. Our align torque has always come from our extensive tire tests and was defined as the pneumatic trail of the tire. One of the largest changes this time is the addition of mechanical trail. Mechanical trail doesn't diminish as much as pneumatic trail at break-away. This is the missing magic force that makes the wheel follow through in oversteer and we touched on it slightly in FH3 but it was overrun by the spring. It's a double edged sword; more mechanical trail means more subtle feeling at the edge of understeer since there is now another force beyond peak slip angle. Basically, we're trading understeer feel for oversteer feel. Force Feedback Understeer is intended to allow you to find your balance between understeer and oversteer. At the moment, it isn't working as intended.

This brings me to my final point. In working with the Elite I discovered an issue with custom mappings which in some cases is turning off force feedback. The forces you're experiencing may be coming entirely from your wheel and not at all from the game. We're looking into this now.
Dust,would this be a good starting point for my TX on the console?Thanks.

2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:01:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
my Settings:

BTW:

Dust,would this be a good starting point for my TX on the console?Thanks.

Absolutely, for anyone.
I have spent a number of hours. Turned everything off entirely in game and then proceeded to run laps of dubai moving only one thing at a time incrementally while retesting.... I think Im done.
Feels pretty much the same across all cars in the demo.

Normal Steering.

my control panel settings, for those with on wheel features for console.

EDIT: 50% = 80% strength.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:09:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:08:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
I figured out what the problem was. I had vibration strength on 100 so I dropped it to 50 and now it's much better. Every time I lost traction the wheel was shuddering really bad and moving the table it's mounted on. It's only a small table so it's pretty easy to move as it is.

Shuddering is caused by the center spring.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:21:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post

Shuddering is caused by the center spring.

I haven't touched that or the other of the bottom two settings because I don't know what they do and there's no info from the game to help you. I've only had the wheel for 2 weeks so I'm still getting used to it.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:26:31 PM(UTC)
Hello ,

This is my first post here , i just want to know that is Thurstmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara edition supported in FM7 , i red the supported wheels for FM7 on PC that is why i bought this wheel , now i saw a post in which they are only showing only Xbox supported Thrustmaster wheels for the demo , so i am a little confused .

Thanks
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:37:02 PM(UTC)
Pwned.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:13:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:10:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SOY Go to Quoted Post

What PC peripherals are supported in the demo?
Currently Compatible PC Peripherals

What Xbox peripherals are supported in the demo?
Xbox One Controller
Xbox One Elite Controller
Xbox One S/X Controller
Fanatec ClubSportV2 Wheel
Fanatec ClubSportV1 Wheel
Fanatec CSL Wheel
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheel
Logitech G920 Wheel
Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel
Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel
Thrustmaster 458 Spider Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Pro Wheel
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox Wheel
Mad Catz Pro Wheel
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:14:19 AM(UTC)
I wasnt aware of your sneaky sub forum making. I have corrected my post. Thanks Max.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:45:00 AM(UTC)
Thrustmaster TX458 Italia settings - these are the best settings I've found so far on Xbox One:

Driver Version: 2017 Package 4 (via pc settings) and Firmware v50 - no changes made in the Thrustmaster control panel.

I like a light but communicative wheel, like the real wheel feel in a Lotus Elise, not so much force I have to fight the wheel.

All assists off.

Vibration Scale: 35
Force Feedback scale: 35
Wheel rotation: 900 (also make sure 4 green flashes on the wheel otherwise the wheel overrides the on screen settings)
Steering linearity: 40
FFB Understeer: 140
FFB Min Force: 120
Wheel Damper Scale: 0
Centre Spring Scale: 0

Normal steering also seems more communicative through the wheel, with sim steering I find I need expert throttle control in the Porsche.
(Note another friend tried these settings on his TX458 wheel and the found the feel much improved but the FFB too light increasing the FFB Scale, Min Force and Understeer effects resolved this)

For me, on PC I am using almost the same settings but with one main difference (using the exact same wheel):

Force Feedback scale: 65
Vibration scale: 55

#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:22:59 AM(UTC)
I was a tad too lazy to write so here's a couple screenshots. Logitech and Game settings

These are for Logitech Driving Force GT.
As you can see the settings in the Logitech Global Device Settings are pretty much defaults, except that I ticked on the "Enable centering..." and one can set the DOR to their liking.

The Porsche felt quite ok with these settings (at least during one full two-lap-race), so if you have the same wheel you could have a try and start from these.

The vibration feels extremely strong with DFGT. If I have it on 50+ it feels like my whole table rumbles when a small pile of sand gets under the wheels.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:28:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Link change and some details added

Running in the 90's!
 3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:38:14 AM(UTC)
Another one here on a TX 458, I've tried most settings and I can get no feel of the road surface. I get vibration on the curbs and off track, but the actual circuit feels utterly dead and lifeless. The cornering forces are strong but there's no sensation of grip.

Not too impressed at the handling and hope it's a bug.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:43:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:54:40 AM(UTC)
Wassup guys...
Here's my settings so far for the wheel (Thrustmaster TX). Bare in mind I like my wheel to be very heavy and strong.

Assists:
Abs Off
Braking Line Off
TCS Off
STM Off
Manual/W Clutch
Friction Assist Off
Simulation Damage
Rewind Off

Steering Linerity: 50
Force Feedback: 90
Minimal Force: 145
Understeer: 75
Centre Spring: 0
Dampening: 70

Works great @ 900° for the Porsche and at 540° For the Nisssan and the Truck.

Edit: Will be doing some more testing tommorow. Will update my post then.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:56:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:15:14 PM(UTC)
After 12 hours of playtime and endless tweeking of controllers, this is my best setting, so far.

Using a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Alcantara and TH8A shifter on PC.

First of all if you are using a Thrustmaster. Download the latest driver at Thrustmasters website. Download manager in Thrustmasters control panel is broken.
So you have to download it manual. Plug of your wheel when updating.

Settings in Thrustmaster control panel
Default. 900 wheel rotation.

Settings in Forza Motorsport 7 Demo
Steering axis 0/100
Acceleration axis 2/100
Deceleration axis 2/100
Clutch axis 15/90
Handbrake axis 0/99999999
Vibration 100
Force feedback 100
Steering sensitivity 100
Steering linearity 50
Force feedback understeer 200
Force feedback minimum force 130
Wheeldamper 0
Center springs 0

Its not 100%, but for me its the best setting yet. Even the Porsche without any assists, manual with clutch, exeept ABS active, is now capable to drive.
The GTR feels more than okey if i compare to default settings. But still i would like to have more feeling from the car. Something is missing.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:02:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:24:26 PM(UTC)
Evan why is your min force so high?

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:55:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
Evan why is your min force so high?

At 900 degrees it just felt much better with an extremely high minimal force. I like a really strong wheel as well. Testing isn't 100% done yet though, so I'll probably drop it slightly :p

#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:29:41 PM(UTC)
Just found this post. I will try post #2 Settings again tonight. The demo is unplayable with a wheel. Does anyone have some miracle settings for the Fanatec CSW V2?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:56:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error