This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:37:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: peterlmad Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: peslilence Go to Quoted Post
well the game is unplayable for me on a high end system all I expect is it to be working!!!!

I'm getting the worst freezes ive ever seen in a video game and I got over 1000 games in my libary!

Freezing so hard in menu's on my setup.

i7 6900K
1080 ti
32 gb corsair dominator platinum 3200 mhz ram
msi x99a godlike gaming carbon

That sucks. I am getting absolutely silky smooth performance on my setup, I guess there is something wrong with a driver/software and the game. It should be fixed by the time retail game comes out.

I bet the engine version for the demo is not the same as what it is currently.

When you build a demo you usually branch the build and merge updates but at some point you stop merging to fix any bugs and ship it. So for all we know the stuttering could be fixed in the main branch.

This is all speculation based on my experiences making games for a living.

Yeah well I'm so close to cancel my ultimate edition preorder I never experinced such poor performance.

I just made a clip from my phone how bad it is, including crashing I'm gonna upload it to youtube and post.

Well you're a hero.

The fact that you've never experienced such poor performance before makes me think you're full of **** :)

Or this is your first PC game. But by all means have a tantrum and a cry over a demo.

Lol no need to be upset I'm the one who should be upset. I have over 1000 games and this is by far the worst experince ive ever had, I don't really care if you believe me or not lol.

I don't know how you deemed my post as being upset.... I was calling you out on your **** posts that are all over the forum. That doesn't make me upset

Have you read all your posts?

ive all the rights to complain when it's not working as intended you're not the one to tell me I can't that is for sure!

Well I guess it was my fault for thinking you had some remote resemblance of intelligence.

I was implying that your posts (including the one I just quoted) are very childish. You can present the exact same point you're conveying right now without the childish **** and people might actually want to help.

Here is what you sound like in case your memory lapsed:

"This game is the worst"
"I have 10,000 games and not one has ever given me performance problems"
"I'm getting refund, take that"

Why do you have behave like that, do you act like that in real life? If you do I feel sorry for anyone that interacts with you :(
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:41:09 AM(UTC)
well the game is unplayable for me on a high end system all I expect is it to be working!!!!

I'm getting the worst freezes ive ever seen in a video game and I got over 1000 games in my libary!

i7 6900K
1080 ti

That sucks. I am getting absolutely silky smooth performance on my setup, I guess there is something wrong with a driver/software and the game. It should be fixed by the time retail game comes out.

When you build a demo you usually branch the build and merge updates but at some point you stop merging to fix any bugs and ship it. So for all we know the stuttering could be fixed in the main branch.

Yeah well I'm so close to cancel my ultimate edition preorder I never experinced such poor performance.

I just made a clip from my phone how bad it is, including crashing I'm gonna upload it to youtube and post.

Well you're a hero.

The fact that you've never experienced such poor performance before makes me think you're full of **** :)

Or this is your first PC game. But by all means have a tantrum and a cry over a demo.

Lol no need to be upset I'm the one who should be upset. I have over 1000 games and this is by far the worst experince ive ever had, I don't really care if you believe me or not lol.

I don't know how you deemed my post as being upset.... I was calling you out on your **** posts that are all over the forum. That doesn't make me upset

ive all the rights to complain when it's not working as intended you're not the one to tell me I can't that is for sure!

Well I guess it was my fault for thinking you had some remote resemblance of intelligence.

I was implying that your posts (including the one I just quoted) are very childish. You can present the exact same point you're conveying right now without the childish **** and people might actually want to help.

Here is what you sound like in case your memory lapsed:

"This game is the worst"
"I have 10,000 games and not one has ever given me performance problems"
"I'm getting refund, take that"

Why do you have behave like that, do you act like that in real life? If you do I feel sorry for anyone that interacts with you :(

Cool dude I guess you're some special kid who needs my attention but you won't get it, I'm done arguing with you over something you have nothing to do with so Byebye.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:26:39 AM(UTC)
I am very puzzled as to how can you guys have such problems, seriously. Each of your PC's outperforms mine in every single departament and yet here I am, playing Forza 7 happily on Ultra 1080p60FPS on budget build without such issues...

i3-6100 3.7GHz
GTX 1050Ti 4GB
16GB RAM
1TB 7200RPM Toshiba P300 HDD
Windows 10 x64 with latest updates.

I mean, I don't understand, how GTX 1080Ti + newest i7 can stutter and for me this runs flawlessly...?
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:36:34 AM(UTC)
No idea tbh, but as you can see on my video it's really really bad..
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:55:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jokabaku Go to Quoted Post
I am very puzzled as to how can you guys have such problems, seriously. Each of your PC's outperforms mine in every single departament and yet here I am, playing Forza 7 happily on Ultra 1080p60FPS on budget build without such issues...

i3-6100 3.7GHz
GTX 1050Ti 4GB
16GB RAM
1TB 7200RPM Toshiba P300 HDD
Windows 10 x64 with latest updates.

I mean, I don't understand, how GTX 1080Ti + newest i7 can stutter and for me this runs flawlessly...?

I'm getting slight occasional stutter in races but it's probably to be expected since I'm playing with only a 1060 6gb OC and an i5-4670 with settings at: 3840x2160 60fps @100% scale, all else ultra/max, no AA/MSAA.

The menus are very juddery though. Also the Mugello race takes ages to load and for some reason on 4k my map markers (start/finish and cars) show up as huge squares.

i5-4670@3.74GHz
ASUS ROG Strix GTX1060 6GB OC edition
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
LG 27" 3840x2160 IPS monitor
SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset
Xbox Elite controller
PlaySeat Alcantara racing seat
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:25:05 AM(UTC)
This FM7 demo repeats the issues on FH3 without patches. The game stutters a lot and only 1 core is working at 100% all the time.

I'll not buy my Ultimate Edition of this game until know if the final version has the same issue or not.

i5 4670K @ 4,5GHz
16GB DDR3 1866MHz
GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
ASUS Z87-Pro
Samsung 840 Evo 240GB
Windows 10 (ver. 1703)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:25:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:24:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaioZer0 XO Go to Quoted Post
This FM7 demo repeats the issues on FH3 without patches. The game stutters a lot and only 1 core is working at 100% all the time.

I'll not buy my Ultimate Edition of this game until know if the final version has the same issue or not.

i5 4670K @ 4,5GHz
16GB DDR3 1866MHz
GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
ASUS Z87-Pro
Samsung 840 Evo 240GB
Windows 10 (ver. 1703)

Can you please send me a private message so we can further investigate this?
Turn 10 | Community Liaison | Gamertag: SOY
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:35:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SOY Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CaioZer0 XO Go to Quoted Post

i5 4670K @ 4,5GHz
16GB DDR3 1866MHz
GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
ASUS Z87-Pro
Samsung 840 Evo 240GB
Windows 10 (ver. 1703)

Can you please send me a private message so we can further investigate this?

well it's the same on my i7 6900K only 1 or 2 cores are in use I already sent my infos so I'm wondering if that is what is causing the freezing and crashes, it's so bad I can't even navigate in the menu lol.

Goes from 80-90 fps down to 1-5 fps in matter of seconds lol

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:40:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:19:01 PM(UTC)
Be lucky the game is even opening for you. It doesn't for me with my specs that are higher than recommended.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:37:58 PM(UTC)
I do remember that some 3rd party software can cause trouble, anything related to system monitor, overclocking, screen-overlay or capture software, anti-virus might be the culprit.

Try to boot Windows without any non-microsoft software started.

1 : Start the program "msconfig.exe" , click on services tab, below you see a option called "Hide All Microsoft Services" (very important step), when you enable that, only the non-microsoft services you will see, and those you can disable. next click on Apply.
2 : After that go to Startup tab in msconfig, click on "Open Task Manager" , this will redirect you to Windows Task Manager's Startup Tab, there you can also disable stuff with right mouse button.

After you did all that, reboot your PC and try the game again, see if it makes any difference or not.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:23:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Trackah123 Go to Quoted Post
I do remember that some 3rd party software can cause trouble, anything related to system monitor, overclocking, screen-overlay or capture software, anti-virus might be the culprit.

Try to boot Windows without any non-microsoft software started.

1 : Start the program "msconfig.exe" , click on services tab, below you see a option called "Hide All Microsoft Services" (very important step), when you enable that, only the non-microsoft services you will see, and those you can disable. next click on Apply.
2 : After that go to Startup tab in msconfig, click on "Open Task Manager" , this will redirect you to Windows Task Manager's Startup Tab, there you can also disable stuff with right mouse button.

After you did all that, reboot your PC and try the game again, see if it makes any difference or not.

Tried this, sadly no change, also reinstalled graphic drivers for my 1080 ti.

everything above 60 hz in windows is unplayable for me, lag and hardcore stuttering in menu and ingame.

60 hz is also laggy though it just doesn't feel smooth at all..

I'm starting to think it's really the threaded optimization that is just poor idk I tried fixing it whole day without luck.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:30:29 PM(UTC)

i7 6900K
1080 ti

Well you're a hero.

Anyways here's a video for those who are interested in trying to solve the problem instead of **** talking me while all I try is to get it fixed so I can actually enjoy the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7CgGz27SPc

Good to know its not my system but something very wrong with this game at the moment. I too have a 1080Ti and it runs like utter garbage on it, Also has crashed and it runs exactly like your video, I wasted my time on it last night that's for sure, Didn't matter what resolution I was running it at, it ran like **** . I have already uninstalled. It was irritating me as well as I thought this game was going to be a nice game to max out my 1080ti and it turned out to run like this. It is off my system. Played some other games at 4k just to be sure it wasn't my system and they ran nice and smooth. Wasted to much time on this already.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:08:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ExcessRacer Go to Quoted Post

i7 6900K
1080 ti

Well you're a hero.

Anyways here's a video for those who are interested in trying to solve the problem instead of **** talking me while all I try is to get it fixed so I can actually enjoy the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7CgGz27SPc

Good to know its not my system but something very wrong with this game at the moment. I too have a 1080Ti and it runs like utter garbage on it, Also has crashed and it runs exactly like your video, I wasted my time on it last night that's for sure, Didn't matter what resolution I was running it at, it ran like **** . I have already uninstalled. It was irritating me as well as I thought this game was going to be a nice game to max out my 1080ti and it turned out to run like this. It is off my system. Played some other games at 4k just to be sure it wasn't my system and they ran nice and smooth. Wasted to much time on this already.

I feel you im in exact same boat... Wasted so much time trying to fix it and still no luck... I even preordered the ultimate edition so it kinda sucks
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:53:46 PM(UTC)
I just did a test run on all 3 tracks. Monitored the framerate with Action and took a look at the MSI Afterburner log afterwards.
First of all my system specs:
WIN: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 15063.608
CPU: i7 7700k (stock clock)
GPU: gtx 1080 ti
RAM: 32gb
Game Drive: SSD

Game settings were all set to Max (motion blur turned off) 3840x2160@60hz.
The Framerate were fluctuating a lot 45-60 on all 3 maps, the worst performing one were the 911 GT2 RS/Dubai track followed by GTR/Nürburgring and "best" performing were the Racing Truck/Autodromo. All 3 of them had drops to ~45fps. Gpu Usage was sitting at 40-50% on all 3 tracks never went over 52%. CPU usage is insane with 100% on the first core all the time, ~20% on 2+3+4+5+8 and ~8% on 7+6. VRam usage were at 5.8GB and system ram at 11gb.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:01:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added picture

#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:17:05 PM(UTC)
Btw, did you set the "Resolution Scale" higher than 100% in forza advanced video settings? that setting eats alot of VRAM.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:36:43 PM(UTC)
I did some more testing today - It seems that Forza has a lot of overhead on Threads 0 and 1, then the game itself runs best for me on 4 separate threads - in this case thread 4 5 6 and 7, if I add other threads it runs worse.

I don't know what this means for people with I5 etc but with an I7 set Affinity to 4 5 6 7.

I just thought I should go disable HT and try with different cores too - brb.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:37:58 PM(UTC)
So I tried a few combinations of disabled cores/hyperthreading and they were all horrible.

Only on 4cores/8threads with Affinity set to threads 4567 do I get a good playable experience without pauses/stutters.

Even then it's not perfect.

Game is just badly optimised or the windows store implementation has too much overhead.

Assetto, Project cars all run at max and are limited by GPU, F7 is limited by CPU, gpu usage is around 60% for me with everything @ max.... it's not like the AI is anything to rave about and the physics/interaction is fairly standard for a current gen game.

On a side note I'm a masochist so I downloaded the demo on my XBONE as well and it's pretty **** on there too.

Have to take heart that the demo has been around for a while and their priority is the full game, I am sure it will be fixed.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:57:40 PM(UTC)
I have the same issue and the game is unplayable on fullscreen mode. The only way for me to play is to play in windowed mode. Anyone have a fix??
#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:41:15 PM(UTC)
Same, core one is maxed and all other cores aren't optimized properly. Had some other weird issues too, like on the Dubai race if you go backwards on track and just keep driving around, the track disappears after about 25mins, cars are still driving around, 28-30mins the game freezes completely. Further testing is required, I've spent over 30mins in the Nurburgring race driving backwards and that was fine.

System Specs:
AMD FX-8370 8 Core 4.3ghz (latest BIOS)
Windows 10 64-bit (latest version)
Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC (latest drivers)
Hyper X Predator 16gb 1866MHz DDR3

All settings maxed at 4K, stuttering issues at random also.

Benchmark:
Min FPS: 10.3
Max FPS: 61.3
Average FPS: 52.2

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:58:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:15:53 AM(UTC)
I think there's 2 seperate issues at hand. Extreme stuttering/freezes are not neccesserily the fault of the bad CPU utilization. Case in point, on my set up (i7 7700k, 1080Ti) I have no problems maintaining 60 fps with no stutters or freezes at 4k and maxed out graphics. However, I see people with very similiar set up to mine, getting a lot of stuttering. In that case, I'd say the problem is elsewhere, possibly related to the game disliking certain drivers/software or a botched windows update.

The CPU utilization definitely needs work though. And I wonder, is multithreaded optimization not in the game because T10 could never figure out why enabling it causes so much crashing FH3? I hope not... that'd be horrid.

Edited by user Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:16:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:25:35 AM(UTC)
So I went back and played some Forza Horizon 3 last night, making sure to watch the cores, and it seems that it is a utilization issue, atleast on a Ryzen 7 1700. FH3 ran buttery smooth at 4K resolution, ultra graphics, whereas I'm suffering from micro stutters on FM7 Demo. I do hope these issues are fixed for the main release!
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:33:20 AM(UTC)
I have a i7 7700K cpu with a 970GTX, and i run the game at 1080p (60fps) at highest settings (except motion blur is off and resolution scale to 100%) .. no issues whatsoever.

as kyaeyeon said, its either something in the windows configuration or a 3rd party software thats causing it. or maybe certain SLI setups, certain Nvidia settings.

I have set my Nvidia control panel settings like this :

"Adjust image settings with preview - Let the 3D application decide"
"Configure Surround, PhysX - Physx > GeForce GTX 970 (so not the CPU)"
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:07:53 AM(UTC)
Gentlemen,

Please learn how to snip your posts of irrelevant material and stop the quote trains.

Learn it right now.

✔ Verified Moderator
Number One on the Top Secret FM7 Hardcore Guitar Hero Controller Leaderboards.
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:29:09 AM(UTC)
When I first downloaded the demo, I couldnt even get past the 'enter space' screen, couldnt reach the menu. Then I downclocked my monitor from 75 hz to 60, and it worked. So my first advice would be to set your refresh rate to 60 hz. Then I was able to get into the menus. Then after, I set all graphics settings to the max, 1440p resolution, 2X MSAA etc and jumped into the race, the one with Porsche. Again, an unbearable stutter occurred (menus had lots of stutter too), checked my hardware via Rivatuner and saw that one core of my 6700K was utilised %100, second one was %50 and the rest two was like %10'ish. Surfed web for a solution, then I disabled microphone for F7 demo from settings, closed all overlay hardware monitors like FRAPS and Rivatuner, gave priority to the game through Task Manager. These helped a lot. Yet I was still experiencing rare micro-stutters on certain occasions. I checked my GPU status, my Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 was not even utilised to the half, temps were like between 50 and 60. Then I was sure that it's a CPU problem. Used game-booster of Asus GPU Tweak to stop unnecessary Windows services, set PhysX to be handled by GPU instead of CPU. There was an improvement, but I still couldnt get rid of those damn micro-stutters but at least the game was smooth enough. If my 6700K cant handle this game at 60 FPS I cant imagine what would be the case with mid-range CPUs. Game really needs some patch to adress this issue. My CPU get more utilised than my GPU even at 1440p max settings.

My advises to make the game work better:

1) Set your refresh rate to 60 hz.
2) Disable or close all kinds of hardware monitoring stuff, especially the Rivatuner (comes along with MSI Afterburner).
3) Disable microphone for F7 demo.
4) Stop unnecessary Windows services.
5) Set PhysX to be handled by your GPU so that you can decrease the weight on your CPU.

https://i.hizliresim.com/6yZ7DE.jpg
#50 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:41:02 AM(UTC)
The games does a poor jobs of multi-threading. My i5-4670k was peg on the 1st core at 100%. My GTX 1080TI was barely using 40% of it's power. It does remind me of FH3 launch titles. I am hoping the demo is an old build and launch version will not be the same. I am above system requirement so I should not have any stutter. Turn 10 can feel free to reach out to me if they want to run some test with my setup.
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error