This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 10:37:19 AM(UTC)
Although we have helpful members and mods who can help with technical support questions, this forum is NOT an official Technical Support forum for Xbox or Windows.

For Official Technical Support, please contact:
Xbox: http://support.xbox.com
Windows: https://support.microsoft.com

You should contact Xbox or Windows support regarding the following issues:
•Issues with Xbox Live or Matchmaking
•Issues with Party Chat or Game Invites
•Issues with Player Harassment or Abuse
•Issues with Refunds

Things to check before reporting an issue!

Troubleshooting Guide and Alerts

Demo FAQ & Known Issues

I Lost My Save

How do I get my Forza Faithful Rewards?
Marketplace Error when trying to access DLC?

Ideal Specs - PC
Before and After Installation Tips - PC
Currently Compatible Peripherals
Why was I banned?
Anti-Cheat Measures

In order to help us to help you, you must include [PC] or [XBOX] to the end of your thread title. This way we can sort out what platform you are on. Without that information we cannot further investigate the issue. If your post has been resolved, please put [RESOLVED] at the beginning of the thread title.

In the body of your thread, please include the following based on your platform.

Xbox Issues
• A detailed summary of your issues. Please provide specifics like car, track, camera view, etc.)
• Screenshots or video clip of your experience if available
• If an error message, the exact verbiage of the error message you're receiving
• Steps you're taking before you experience your issue
• Any accessories you're using outside of an Xbox controller

If you are a participant in the Inside Program, be sure to report the problem using the Xbox One's Report a Problem tool.

PC Issues
• A detailed summary of your issues. Please provide specifics like car, track, camera view, etc.)
• Screenshots or video clip of your experience if available
• If an error message, the exact verbiage of the error message you're receiving
• Steps you're taking before you experience your issue
• Any accessories you're using outside of an Xbox controller
• Your machine spec, with as much detail as possible (DXDiag would be helpful)
• Your graphics driver version.
• The quality settings you are using in-game (assuming you've managed to get as far as the settings screen). Anything you have changed from the default settings we need to know about.

For any download or install-related problems, please double-check you have updated to the latest version of the Window Store app.

As this is not an official support forum, please note that mods/employees may not respond or be able to provide you with help, but we will certainly do our best and are grateful for the many helpful forum members.

Edited by user Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:06:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Turn 10 | Community Liaison | Gamertag: SOY
#2 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 11:06:06 AM(UTC)
Ideal Specs - PC

In our Forza Motorsport 7 @ Gamescom 2017 article we posted a broad range of hardware specs for Forza Motorsport 7 on Windows 10 PCs, which you can find below.

Quality Target
Low
  • Resolution: 720p
  • Framerate: 30 fps
  • System RAM: 8GB
  • Intel CPU: i5-750 @ 2.67 GHz
  • AMD CPU: FX-6300
  • NV GPU: GT 740 / GTX 650
  • AMD GPU: R7 250X
  • VRAM 2GB

Recommended
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Framerate: 60 fps
  • Intel CPU: i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz
  • AMD CPU: FX-8350
  • NV GPU: GTX 670 / GTX 1050 Ti
  • AMD GPU: RX 550
  • VRAM 4GB

Ideal (Ultra)
  • Resolution: 4K
  • Framerate: 60 fps
  • System RAM: 16GB
  • Intel CPU: i7-6700K @ 4 GHz
  • AMD CPU: Ryzen 7
  • NV GPU: GTX 1080
  • AMD GPU: RX Vega 64
  • VRAM 8GB

Ultrabook (Mobile)
  • Resolution: 720p
  • Framerate: 30 fps
  • Intel CPU: i5-6200U or better
  • Integrated GPU: Intel HD 520 or better

Edited by user Monday, September 18, 2017 11:25:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 11:17:10 AM(UTC)
Before and After Installation Tips - PC

Before you start installing Forza Motorsport 7, please make sure you have updated Windows 10 to version 15063.0 or higher and have the most current drivers for your video card and PC hardware.

Finding your current Windows Version
To locate what version of Windows you're running, press the Windows logo key + R, type "winver", then select OK. A window will appear and show you which OS build you are currently on.

Updating your Windows Version
If you are on a build lower than 15063.0 or you want to make sure you're fully updated, follow these steps.
1. Select the Start Button
2. Go to Settings
3. Go to Update & security
4. Go to Windows Update
5. Select Check for updates
If it says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Updating Your Drivers
Making sure your drivers are fully updated will ensure you have the best experience playing Forza Motorsport 7. Please visit your hardware's website to download the latest drivers for your computer.

AMD Driver
NVIDIA Drivers
Intel Drivers
Updating Drivers in Windows 10

Edited by user Monday, September 18, 2017 11:26:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 11:20:18 AM(UTC)
Currently Compatible Peripherals

Below you will find a list of compatible peripherals supported by Forza Motorsport on Windows 10 PCs. On Xbox One, Forza Motorsport 7 supports all wheels currently support by Xbox One.

Controllers
Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Controller
Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller
Microsoft Xbox One S/X Controller
Sony Dual Shock 4

Wheels
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport V2
Fanatec ClubSport V1
Fanatec CSL
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5
Logitech G29
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech G27
Logitech MOMO
Logitech G920
Thrustmaster RGT
Thrustmaster T100
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Int
Thrustmaster T300 RS
Thrustmaster T300 RS GT
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T150 Pro
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
Thrustmaster TX 458
Thrustmaster TX Leather
Thrustmaster 458 Spider
Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TMX Pro
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox
Mad Catz Pro

Edited by user Monday, September 18, 2017 11:28:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 11:21:59 AM(UTC)
FAQ: Why was I banned?

Players may encounter an on-screen message indicating that "Your [Gamertag] is temporarily banned from this feature" in multiplayer, Auction House, etc. The in-game Message Center will show the length of the ban and direct the user to Forzamotorsport.net. The purpose of the message is to remind players of the Code of Conduct and Terms of Use for both Forza and Xbox Live. A basic rule of thumb is an E for Everyone tone; common ban reasons include intentional wrecking in multiplayer lobbies and inappropriate designs (profanity, drugs, sexual themes including 'Free Candy' etc). Repeat offenses may result in a permanent ban. 

Players who believe they have been unfairly banned can e-mail forzafb@microsoft.com for further investigation and review. Include your Xbox Live Gamertag and ban date. Discussion of bans and enforcement issues is not permitted on the forums.

Edited by user Monday, September 18, 2017 11:23:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 11:24:19 AM(UTC)
FAQ: Anti-Cheat Measures

In the interest of protecting our in-game economies and maintaining fair play, we will enforce cheating bans in Forza Motorsport 7. Our monitoring systems are built to detect cheating and are actively targeting programs. Players who are caught using these programs while playing Forza Motorsport 7 will be subject to a non-reversible permanent ban from online play in the game. We do this to help advance our goal of providing the best possible game experience for the vast majority of players who want to enjoy Forza Motorsport 7 the way it was meant to be played.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:05:42 PM(UTC)
FAQ: I lost my saved data?

Note: Never cancel your syncing data as this will delete it from the server and there is no way to retrieve it. We will NOT be able to return any type of Level, Experience or Career Progress.

If you feel you have lost your saved data in FM7, please email forzafb@microsoft.com with the following information:

When did you lose your data?
Was there any error messages?
Were you on PC or XBOX?

Thank you

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Official Community Liaison |

Notification

Icon
Error