This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:52:27 AM(UTC)
I share a tune, tell my friend to grab it and then quickly make it private once I can see there has been a download.

Then this friend uses my tune in public hoppers.

As I have now stopped sharing the tune, does this prevent others from getting my tune indirectly by using the Get Tune option when selecting my friends gamertag from within the lobby?!

Otherwise if I cant stop that, what's the point of the option to make tunes private again once I've shared them to a person(s)??!

The other reason is about backup gamertags for hotlapping (or even just to backup some tunes.) This means I might wish to temporarily upload relevant tunes to quickly download onto the secondary tag, so I don't have to spend all day with pen paper writing down the build and tune settings to recreate em manually!

However, I DONT WANT these tunes then to show my main gamertag as the tuner on leaderboards AND by definition make them available for anyone to grab!!!

I'm kinda **** ed off, because in earlier Forza's I could just gift tunes to myself on other backup profiles np. What is my option now? To basically go the whole tedious slog of manually writing everything down to then rebuild and retune all the multiple tunes per car OR face having my tunes permanently made public via the leaderboards and/or by friends using them in hoppers?

That can't be correct, surely T10 haven't descended to these levels of degeneracy?!

Edited by user Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:58:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:58:06 AM(UTC)
My understanding, and via some of my shared tunes to freinds that I have then unshared, when your friends runs it, it will show as tune "unknown"...basically no name for it and no ability to download such. Yet, these have mainly been used on hot lapping, thus, have not validated online...yet assume should work the same.

PRKid

Edited by user Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:59:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 11:06:05 AM(UTC)
Thanks for replying. Yes I just tested this myself and you're correct for the leaderboards. However in lobbies it still displays my alternate gamertag by the tune instead of just a blank "---" This is confusing... unless it is actually blank for everyone else in the lobby and for some reason it just displays it at my end?

#4 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 12:37:40 PM(UTC)
I do this for friends all the time and it never shows my gamertag/never makes it available to download.

As long as you make it public, DL it, and then make it private again it will NOT show your name in lobbies. At least it has never shown my name while doing this and I've done it a ton for friends.

Edited by user Saturday, September 9, 2017 12:55:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 1:18:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nenzi Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for replying. Yes I just tested this myself and you're correct for the leaderboards. However in lobbies it still displays my alternate gamertag by the tune instead of just a blank "---" This is confusing... unless it is actually blank for everyone else in the lobby and for some reason it just displays it at my end?

This is a glitch. For yourself it still shows the gamer tag even if you've set it to private. Anyone else it will show as unknown. If you ask someone else to look they'll tell you it says "unknown". Hope you understand.
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 2:16:48 PM(UTC)
Ah thanks for explaining it guys! Yeah that's good news then :)

Notification

Icon
Error