#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:54:34 PM(UTC)
Hi, I've got a rather odd issue which I can't find the answer to via googling so I'm gonna ask here in the hope that someone might know

I recently loaded up the game again after many years to find myself having to restart my whole game. I found this odd considering I still had my save data. The only logical explanation I can think of is to do with the fact that I changed my gamertag, and now it may not recognise it as my game save? But this contradicts with the fact it still recognises my replays, photos, customs designs etc, so I'm very confused.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 4:57:36 PM(UTC)
Exact same happened to me last year, in both FM4 and Forza Horizon. Didn't find a fix, just had to start over :(
#3 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 3:40:43 AM(UTC)
Oh that's good to know!

Maybe the other save files belonging to your Gamertag (ghost/tune setup/vynil group/etc) don't feature the same protection the main save file does to avoid copying.

It's the only thing I can guess. As we don't know for sure, it's better to know that changing a gamertag kills the save file just like attempting to copy it.

Funny how I saw once an unknown person in the "friends leadearboards", and when I checked his gamercard I noticed it was likely a name change. So now I know he lost his save file then,

Notification

Icon
Error