37 Pages<<3334353637PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#851 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:57:33 AM(UTC)
So i just tried two of the cars i was looking for an audio change :

- Bugatti Veyron : No change

- Enzo Ferrari : YES ! Sound has been modified and it's a lot better now.

#852 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:24:38 AM(UTC)
New Huracan/Gallardo sounds insane imho. Very well done on that one. I couldn't tell if the Aventador/Veneno got changed. Seems it did, but I may be mistaken there. I ain't too mad at the new GTR and RX-7 sounds either. Senna also sounds nuts. Noticed a couple Ferraris are changed but not the Superfast :(. I was only interested in the Lamborghinis and Nissans really. The older GT-Rs (R33, R34) are much closer, but still not quite perfect. V8 update would be nice too but I imagine that's coming. I'll go through them all thoroughly after work. So far it's sounding like they're heading in the right direction tho.
#853 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:57:48 AM(UTC)
Wish they told us what cars actually changed, currently testing like every Aston Martin because they're pretty much all V12s. Ludacris.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:29:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#854 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:40:05 AM(UTC)
I also wish they told us what cars had fixed sounds, especially given how many manufacturers had relevant fixed cars.

These are some cars I know for a fact have changed:

-Ferrari LaFerrari

-Ferrari Enzo

-Mazda RX-8 R3

-Mazda RX-7 FD

The Mazdas actually sound like they have a rotary engine now.

These I'm ~90% sure have changed:

-Porsche Carrera GT (no longer sounds like an R8/905C hybrid)

-Porsche 917/30 (may now hold the record for loudest stock turbos)

-Porsche 917/20

-Porsche 918 Spyder (not as good as FH2/FM6, but I think it's better than it was(?))

-Pagani Zonda R (I don't think it's as good as FH3, but I do think it's better. Also, the black bar covering "Zonda R" on the steering wheel is gone.)

-Pagani Zonda Cinque

Many of these cars I haven't driven in a long time, so I don't remember what they sounded like before. I also couldn't immediately tell what Astons have been fixed (but I'm thinking it's one or both of: Vulcan and One-77), and the modern Lamborghini V12s.....don't really sound accurate. The Centenario I think is the most different of them all. I didn't test older than the 2012 Aventador though, so maybe some older models were fixed instead.

I also have no idea what Nissans were changed. I immediately thought of the R32, R33, and R34, and they all sound identical to each other. I don't remember what they sounded like initially. I also think they don't quite sound like an RB26.

I thought I'd also test the Hondas and Audi 90 out for fun. On the latter, the turbo chirp is back! It's quieter than in previous games, but it's back! The Hondas are an interesting story though - they're no longer the high-pitched, whining noise we all dreaded. I tested the Acura RSX, EP3 and EK9 Civic, and CRX SiR. They all have a deeper sound to them. I wouldn't call it accurate, but it's at least more palatable.

The McLaren Senna also sounds quite nice, so that's good.

Keep the fixes coming, Turn 10! Every fix improves the game that much more!

I should mention as a disclaimer as well.....my sound devices have changed since I've driven most if not all of these cars last. Over the course of about seven months, I went from a soundbar to my TV speakers to my fairly new headset (HyperX Cloud Alpha), so that could affect some sounds as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:42:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Might wanna finish up your thoughts there, bud.

One of "The 50"
#855 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:09:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MagmaticGem Go to Quoted Post
Nope, it made the sounds a lot worse *sigh*

How?
#856 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:30:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

I also have no idea what Nissans were changed. I immediately thought of the R32, R33, and R34, and they all sound identical to each other. I don't remember what they sounded like initially. I also think they don't quite sound like an RB26.

The GTR got an update. It actually sounds like a GTR now. Better than FH4 imho. The R33 and R34 sound different to me. Like a mix between FH3 and FM7 which is pretty close to what they should sound like. They're not perfect, but closer than they have been lately. I haven't check the R32 yet. I'm also curious if they updated the Nissan 4 cylinders and other V6s.
 1 user liked this post.
#857 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:49:19 PM(UTC)
Guys, try the maserati GT Forza edition now... pretty damn good. Shame the cars are still lacking bass, the majority would really benefit from them.
Enzo is way better, Carrera GT now sounds glorious.
Although I will say the V12 lambos (new ones) need a lot of work, at least they don't sound like a Ferrari anymore.
Skylines sound good, R34 has a really loud wooshing sound at high revs, would be really good if just that bit was a bit quieter.
2 rotor sounds really good, like really.
On a side note, I'm liking the senna, although I think it sounded better in FH4...
Keep up the work T10. This is a step in the right direction.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:27:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#858 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:52:26 PM(UTC)
599xx Evo sounds better also
#859 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:53:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x NuFc SaM x Go to Quoted Post

On a side note, I'm liking the senna, although I think it sounded better in FH4...

Not me. The FM7 Senna sounds much more aggressive. I definitely hope this one gets ported over to FH4.

#860 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:13:17 PM(UTC)
Don't get me wrong, but I think some engine sounds that were good, are kinda ruined with this update, like the LaFerrari, wasn't perfect but it was much better than now. And the Senna engine sound is WAY poor than we can see in Forza Horizon 4. Maybe it's just my opinion. And the Lamborghini Aventador sound is worse now, the Aventador engine sound on Forza Horizon 4 isn't perfect but it sounds more like the real one than in Forza 7.
The 918 on FH4 is better as well for me.
But is good to know some other ones you guys tested and it sounds better, nice.
#861 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:56:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vinkfloyd Go to Quoted Post
Don't get me wrong, but I think some engine sounds that were good, are kinda ruined with this update, like the LaFerrari, wasn't perfect but it was much better than now. And the Senna engine sound is WAY poor than we can see in Forza Horizon 4. Maybe it's just my opinion. And the Lamborghini Aventador sound is worse now, the Aventador engine sound on Forza Horizon 4 isn't perfect but it sounds more like the real one than in Forza 7.

LOL. Nearly everything other than the R8, 488 GTB and California T sound awful in FH4. They lack low end, and are way too narrow. Specially when racing in chase cam. These sound updates I've heard so far here are far superior to everything but those 3 I menitoned in FH4.
#862 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:29:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post

LOL. Nearly everything other than the R8, 488 GTB and California T sound awful in FH4. They lack low end, and are way too narrow. Specially when racing in chase cam. These sound updates I've heard so far here are far superior to everything but those 3 I menitoned in FH4.

I'm gonna take a closer look then.
 1 user liked this post.
#863 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:32:36 PM(UTC)
"Notably, the team has reworked some V12 engine audio using new source material to provide better definition between manufacturers, including Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin V12 engines." Well they could have mentioned that source material was FH4 which itself doesn't have the best engines sounds either.
#864 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:38:17 PM(UTC)

I would say that Senna sounds better in FH4. Also McLaren F1 - they are pretty similar but in FM7 there is strange high pitch present, not only in F1 sound but in most of the engine sounds.
#865 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:45:57 PM(UTC)
The ones that got updated have a louder idle in cockpit view. You can't miss them.
#866 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 4:59:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clonedemned Go to Quoted Post

I would say that Senna sounds better in FH4. Also McLaren F1 - they are pretty similar but in FM7 there is strange high pitch present, not only in F1 sound but in most of the engine sounds.

Nah. FM7 F1 sounds better but I do agree on the Aventador / Centenario / Veneno. Those don't quite have the right engine note. They're better, but not quite there. Nearly everything else I've tested is pretty on point tho. Especially the Huracan. Hondas sound better if you care about those. I don't really. All the new updates are definitely more aggressive so they're heading in the right direction.
#867 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:03:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MagmaticGem Go to Quoted Post
Nope, it made the sounds a lot worse *sigh*

Dang, that’s unfortunate🤦‍♂️
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
 2 users liked this post.
#868 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:01:51 PM(UTC)
They did it, they FINALLY did it. Turn 10 when we were all losing hope you shocked us. Great job on this update it was desperately needed and this proves that you guys are indeed listening to your fan base. There are still some sounds that need fixing like the 2013 BMW M6 and 2012 BMW M5, 1991 Mazda Motorsport RX-7, 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S, Ford Fusion Nascar. Also gear shift animations need to be looked into but I'm sure you guys are working to finish that up maybe next month. Can't forget the amazing Senna and all the unlocked cars. To me personally, This is the best update so far.
#869 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:47:08 PM(UTC)
New Huracan/Gallardo sounds insane imho. Very well done on that one. I couldn't tell if the Aventador/Veneno got changed. Seems it did, but I may be mistaken there. I ain't too mad at the new GTR and RX-7 sounds either. Senna also sounds nuts. Noticed a couple Ferraris are changed but not the Superfast :(. I was only interested in the Lamborghinis and Nissans really. The older GT-Rs (R33, R34) are much closer, but still not quite perfect. V8 update would be nice too but I imagine that's coming. I'll go through them all thoroughly after work. So far it's sounding like they're heading in the right direction tho.

Hey man wanna let you know that the Gallardo hasalways sounded like that and is still the best sounding engine in the game. The same engine is available to swap in as a 5.2L V10. I always swap it in when available.
#870 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:05:34 PM(UTC)
I think the S15 has been changed, shame it still has that awful turbo noise though.
 1 user liked this post.
#871 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 2:12:31 AM(UTC)
The Nissan R390 has been fixed to sound like it’s real v8.

The Maserati MC12 has been fixed.
 1 user liked this post.
#872 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:21:57 AM(UTC)
The worst thing of all is that the Subaru 360 sounds nothing like a 2-stroke. You can even upgrade camshaft on it in the game. Obviusly the developers of this game know nothing about cars and do not even bother to seek out information before programming.
#873 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:24:42 AM(UTC)
Some cars I tested after the update with sound change almost sure,

V10 Audi R8, RS6 2009, Imsa GTO turbo spool
V12 Lamborghini (except Diablo), V10 Huracan and Gallardo (I think)
Many Ferrari V12 including F50/F50GT (except old 250 V12 ), 488 GTB
Many Acura/Honda Integra, Civic, ... (B16, B18, K20,... engines)
Aston Martin DB11, Vulcan probably
A little change with Ford Lotus Cortina I think
Maserati Grand Turismo S, MC12
Some Mclaren Mp4-12c...
Mazda Rotary RX7 FC, RX7 FD
Nissan GTR, R32/33/34
Pagani Zonda R, Cinque
Many Porsche GT3 RS, GT2 RS, Cayman GT4, Carrera GT, 917,...
Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Subaru Legacy B4

And surely many others...
Thank's Turn10

Edited by user Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:27:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#874 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:40:36 AM(UTC)
I also tried out many cars once I got home last night, one after another and something crossed my mind. While most of the cars do sound better or more accurate some actually sound worse. Theres something weird going on within the lambo v12s specifically the aventador/ Avent SV/ centenario. The centenario seems to have been downgraded some, the SV sounds off seems more high pitched and the aventador sounds better but it sounds as if somebody installed an exhaust system on it, it just walesss too much to be stock. A few other cars seem a little off but maybe that was part of the idea, downgrade some cars to wake up others. There are still plenty that they didnt bother to touch up but I figured that. It's still appreciated either way.
#875 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 8:00:11 AM(UTC)
The 2019 GT3RS sound was changed and is now HORRIBLE. Gone is the howling 4L and it sounds more like a low revving V-8.
37 Pages<<3334353637PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error