This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
34 Pages<<31323334PrevNext
#801 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:31:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post

Edit: all the imprezas from the 90s to the post-2000 models (minus impreza rally car) sound exactly the same. all the mclaren rear-engine supercars and p1 sound the same, with the 720s having a different note. please correct this - they do not sound the same at all, the actual cars. i've also noticed how majority of jdm cars could use the correct sound as well, particularly skylines. sorry for so many requests, but these are only some i remember. ther's many more.

There are bigger fish to fry. Plenty of sounds in the game have wrong pitch (even one of the Imprezas, it's either the 2005 or 2006, don't remember which one), some of them have wrong samples for their engine type... These are worse problems than the lack of slight variations in sounds from cars using very similar engines.

Interestingly enough, the Murciélago, Aventador and Aventador SV all have slightly different sounds (Aventador SV has wrong pitch, way too high).
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#802 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:03:28 PM(UTC)
2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
It has the correct engine noise, BUT it has the wrong idle sound. Even bone stock I tested it with high volume sounds like a hot rod idling. It doesn't bother me much but if baffles me how the engine sound is spot on and the idle doesn't match.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, December 1, 2018 5:54:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#803 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:26:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetalCurve22 Go to Quoted Post
it has the correct engine noise, BUT it has the wrong idle sound. Even bone stock I tested it with high volume sounds like a hot rod idling. It doesn't bother me much but if baffles me how the engine sound is spot on but the idle is off.

Car sounds in general suck for at least half these cars in game whether it's idle, low revs, high revs or forced induction noise, nothing new man. I don't even think T10 cares anymore.
 1 user liked this post.
#804 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:13:34 PM(UTC)
it has the correct engine noise, BUT it has the wrong idle sound. Even bone stock I tested it with high volume sounds like a hot rod idling. It doesn't bother me much but if baffles me how the engine sound is spot on but the idle is off.

That's funny. Most of these vehicles even stock have a perfectly acceptable idle. Then you hit the gas and wonder what is going on. Sounds like it has every upgrade imaginable including a fartcan exhaust on the 4 bangers....
 1 user liked this post.
#805 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:17:54 PM(UTC)
I'm thankful for it but I'm pretty sure the M8 GTE has the wrong engine sound
 2 users liked this post.
#806 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:20:51 PM(UTC)
It has the correct engine noise, BUT it has the wrong idle sound. Even bone stock I tested it with high volume sounds like a hot rod idling. It doesn't bother me much but if baffles me how the engine sound is spot on and the idle doesn't match.

IMO the Trans Am is better than the Camaro. Notice how the Camaro is higher-pitched when it shouldn't, the engine is the same.

M8 should have used the engine sample from the M6, however I'll say the turbo sounds on this one are pretty great at least.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#807 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:00:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

IMO the Trans Am is better than the Camaro. Notice how the Camaro is higher-pitched when it shouldn't, the engine is the same.

M8 should have used the engine sample from the M6, however I'll say the turbo sounds on this one are pretty great at least.

Good points.

5 users liked this post.
#808 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 4:19:28 AM(UTC)
Good job on the update but it is a letdown to not see car sound improvements - again.

Developers, could you please assign a specific team to look into all car audio issues? To reiterate:

* Cars sounding weak with poor bass and midrange frequencies even though there's unusually generous bass in the rumble strips, certain ambient effects and 'kamikaze helicopters'
* Inaccurate car notes/samples being repeated for different cars
* Lack of proper turbo spool and blow-off valve effect in cars that have very loud turbos IRL
* Tin can effect in cockpit has been applied across the board to almost all non-road going cars; this isn't accurate as cars like the Vulcan, FXX-K, Leman prototypes, Aussie Supercars, etc. do have some sound deadening and are not entirely stripped to the bone like the GT2 and 3 race cars. Why am I hearing that hollow tin can effect in the 787B or the 80s prototype cars?
* Transmission whine is far too high pitched - I can't tolerate it for more than a few seconds (prime suspect: FXX-K and many others even though the FXX-K doesn't even have this super high pitched whine IRL)

With so many wonderful changes coming to the game, I appreciate you're consistent hard work and look forward to seeing some amazing and innovative changes in the car sound department which is noticeably lacking, in contrast.

Edit: off the top of me head, the P1 GTR is another example of this tin can affect implemented incorrectly. The car has adequate cockpit insulation and comes stock with an air conditioner - it's cockpit sound should not be hollow, as is evidenced by high quality YT videos. Another example is when you do a 'V8 racing' engine swap in a road car with no weight reduction at all - and it automatically gets the hollow in can effect.

I'm hoping and almost praying now, that you guys dedicate a giant update to just car sound. It is such a brilliant game with so many improvements already made - please give sound your undivided attention in a future update - thanks!

Separate volume sliders for ambient sound, track effects and transmission will also help as I don't want to lose the road noise and reverb effects just to shut those kamikaze choppers up, or silence the run-off strips - those are extremely loud and heavy on bass.

Just to quickly reiterate, I'd love to see proper bass and rumble implemented on exhausts; in its current state, you can only hear and feel a bit of bass in the low RPM range and it just starts to fade away in the mid to high RPM range as if the car's losing power or something. This is odd and not representative of true car sounds. I hope others can contribute to these inconsistencies and make similar requests, because just 2 months or so into the game, the audio issues make me want to put down an otherwise superb game.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:50:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#809 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2018 4:04:39 AM(UTC)
Exactly. I'm still hoping that one day we'll see some sound patching. In FH4's engine sound thread there is already a person reporting sound issues to dev team. We hope FM7 gets some love as well.
Why is my avatar different here than on the Xbox...
 1 user liked this post.
#810 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2018 12:19:38 PM(UTC)
People are saying the guy who used to do Forza's car sounds left T10 and went to work at PD and is the reason why GTS has better engine sounds now... is this actually true?

Edited by user Sunday, December 9, 2018 12:20:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#811 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2018 1:44:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AssistedKnave7 Go to Quoted Post
People are saying the guy who used to do Forza's car sounds left T10 and went to work at PD and is the reason why GTS has better engine sounds now... is this actually true?

If it's true, it's probably a guy higher up in the food chain, because sound recording is handled by an entire team.

IMO the sound issue is related to the sheer number of cars as well as the limited time for development. Car detail has also suffered as a result. In FM7 I have also noticed a desire to make cars sound more "impressive" than they are, which leads to wrong effects and excessively high pitch being applied. It was a result of trying to sell the game to Horizon fans.

The thing is, if T10 wants people to take Forza Motorsport as a serious sim, they're gonna have to address things such as these. Wrong sounds break immersion. It's not all about the physics. Far from that, in fact. The team has nailed the graphics and now has respectable FFB. In the future there will probably be better racing. They need to wrap these improvements up with more attention to detail. They're Turn 10 Studios, not some random modder.

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#812 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 6:01:07 PM(UTC)
Good job on the update but it is a letdown to not see car sound improvements - again.

Developers, could you please assign a specific team to look into all car audio issues? To reiterate:

* Cars sounding weak with poor bass and midrange frequencies even though there's unusually generous bass in the rumble strips, certain ambient effects and 'kamikaze helicopters'
* Inaccurate car notes/samples being repeated for different cars
* Lack of proper turbo spool and blow-off valve effect in cars that have very loud turbos IRL
* Tin can effect in cockpit has been applied across the board to almost all non-road going cars; this isn't accurate as cars like the Vulcan, FXX-K, Leman prototypes, Aussie Supercars, etc. do have some sound deadening and are not entirely stripped to the bone like the GT2 and 3 race cars. Why am I hearing that hollow tin can effect in the 787B or the 80s prototype cars?
* Transmission whine is far too high pitched - I can't tolerate it for more than a few seconds (prime suspect: FXX-K and many others even though the FXX-K doesn't even have this super high pitched whine IRL)

With so many wonderful changes coming to the game, I appreciate you're consistent hard work and look forward to seeing some amazing and innovative changes in the car sound department which is noticeably lacking, in contrast.

Edit: off the top of me head, the P1 GTR is another example of this tin can affect implemented incorrectly. The car has adequate cockpit insulation and comes stock with an air conditioner - it's cockpit sound should not be hollow, as is evidenced by high quality YT videos. Another example is when you do a 'V8 racing' engine swap in a road car with no weight reduction at all - and it automatically gets the hollow in can effect.

I'm hoping and almost praying now, that you guys dedicate a giant update to just car sound. It is such a brilliant game with so many improvements already made - please give sound your undivided attention in a future update - thanks!

Separate volume sliders for ambient sound, track effects and transmission will also help as I don't want to lose the road noise and reverb effects just to shut those kamikaze choppers up, or silence the run-off strips - those are extremely loud and heavy on bass.

Just to quickly reiterate, I'd love to see proper bass and rumble implemented on exhausts; in its current state, you can only hear and feel a bit of bass in the low RPM range and it just starts to fade away in the mid to high RPM range as if the car's losing power or something. This is odd and not representative of true car sounds. I hope others can contribute to these inconsistencies and make similar requests, because just 2 months or so into the game, the audio issues make me want to put down an otherwise superb game.

Man, so so so much this.
I know that most probably do not care, but I noticed the exact same thing.

This would be an amazing improvement if sounds could be worked on. Especially since this is touted as realistic.
 2 users liked this post.
#813 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 12:35:27 AM(UTC)
**Audio fixes long overdue**

Hi T10,

I along with others have left many pages of feedback, asking for car sound fixes and an overall improvement to how the cars sound in the game compared to the rest of the environment.

My main area of concern is this - cars sounding too high-pitched and not enough "dense midrange sound" as well as deep bass. There's bass in the exhaust notes only in the low RPM range. I don't understand why the bass fades away as you pick up revs and shift gears.

The rumble and bass from the exhaust sounds need to be very pronounced and present - listen to Fm5 and 6 for reference, or even Horizon 3 (this one in particular has fantastic bass). FH4 suffers from the same issue - not enough volume, fullness and bass on the cars - instead they sound high-pitched which induces ear fatigue.

There are many wrong/inaccurate notes in the game as well, or the same sample copied/pasted over and over again to the same manufacturer as well as cars under different manufacturers. It looks like you had so many cars to do, some of the authentic sounds got swept under the rug. Let me give you some examples:

The SLS AMG sounds fantastic, as does the Huracan, the 458s, the Viper ACR, ZO6, AMG GTR, I could go on and on. But others sound lacklustre or too generic: Aston One-77, Zonda-R, all the newer Skylines, Aventador, etc. or the FXX-K which needs to scream more and whine less (awful trans whine); the LaF which needs to have that ghost-like howl or snarl in the exhaust sound - that needs to stand out a lot more like it did in FH3 and FM6 - the new FH4 LaF sound is actually quite brilliant - perhaps implement that in FM7?

Also, why do cars get quieter in chase cam? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Interior views need a lot more bass and rumble from the exhaust. The bass fades away once the needle is in the mid-high RPM range.

Far too many cars have generic turbo sounds.

For starters, I'd just like the cars to be less high-pitched and exhibit more rumble, deep bass and midrange please, so that they sound like car sounds coming out of a good home theatre setup and not radio/TV speakers. The dynamic frequencies need to be adjusted for less pitch/treble and more bass + midrange. This would be a really good step in the right direction.

Finally, please get rid of that annoying hollow/tin can effect from road-legal track cars like the P1 GTR and FXX-K - these cars have cockpit insulation which means the bass and rumble from the exhaust/motor can be felt and the race transmission whine is not as screeching and whiny (massive ear fatigue).

The extremely loud choppers and rumble strips don't need this much bass - it's beyond ridiculous.

I'm playing the game on a H&K 7.1 amp.

Listen to your fans please - we want the game to improve.

Thank you for reading - acknowledgement would be appreciated.

Edit: Will these issues be resolved anytime soon?

Edited by user Tuesday, December 25, 2018 8:14:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#814 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:31:45 AM(UTC)
**Audio fixes long overdue**

Hi T10,
Listen to your fans please - we want the game to improve.

Thank you for reading - acknowledgement would be appreciated.

Edit: Will these issues be resolved anytime soon?

Been over a year now, don’t hold your breath. I’ve read about some positive tweaks, but the sound is just not a priority. All the casual customers still buy it up and think it’s awesome on their 3 watt TV speakers.
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
#815 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:15:24 PM(UTC)
Just got done watching an episode of My Classic Car and it featured the #33 Bob Sharp Racing Datsun. The owner said its powered by a twin turbo V8 but in Forza 7 it appears to be a 6 cylinder. Which is true?
 1 user liked this post.
#816 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 11:53:19 AM(UTC)
Just got done watching an episode of My Classic Car and it featured the #33 Bob Sharp Racing Datsun. The owner said its powered by a twin turbo V8 but in Forza 7 it appears to be a 6 cylinder. Which is true?

It is a v8 in game but not your typical sounding v8 which is a little weird to me. It sounds better and more realistic in pc2.
#817 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 6:43:32 PM(UTC)
Hello T10, Moderators, Community,

Is there currently anyway to turn the engine/powertrain sound off in FM7?

I'm working on a project using the Data Out feature to experiment with new sounds and I'd like to be able to adjust (minimize) the level of the powertrain sound within the game.

It seems to me this could be a potential easy update consider the other sounds have volume mixers, but I realize sometimes things are more complicated than they appear on the surface.

I appreciate any feedback / input.
#818 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 7:13:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: A Massive Pwner Go to Quoted Post

I'm working on a project using the Data Out feature to experiment with new sounds and I'd like to be able to adjust (minimize) the level of the powertrain sound within the game.

It seems to me this could be a potential easy update consider the other sounds have volume mixers, but I realize sometimes things are more complicated than they appear on the surface.

No, not at all. That's probably way above T10s paygrade, I mean these guys can't even fix a few dozen incorrect car sounds. Let alone giving us the ability to adjust a few different sounds within a given vehicle.
#819 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:47:31 PM(UTC)
I have a gut feeling the wrong engine sounds is why there will be no FM8 this year. Like what if the Forza team is working on improving sounds but it's taking them WAY longer than they expected, and they want to get every single exhaust/super charger whine/turbo flutter/gear shift sound just right for Forza 8? So they don't run into this problem again. It could be that... it just could be.
 2 users liked this post.
#820 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:19:02 PM(UTC)
Oh I hope you're right - it's good to see this thread is still active which tells me they're probably doing something to fix all the mixed samples, introduce unique sounds for each car and while they're at it, correct the dynamic frequency range which is causing the cars to sound generally weak and hollow.

Not particularly encouraging to see zero improvements in content updates, but if they're planning major overhaul, then that's great - I'd rather they take their sweet time ironing out all car sound issues.

The game is really growing on me, the car sounds... not so much. I keep finding disappointing oddities such as all the modern Mclaren road cars sounding the same, all the modern Aston supercars sounding the same, with ever so slight changes in pitch. The Enzo sounds more like a Laf from the game than the Enzo!

Anyhow, I don't think I have anything further to add to the discussion for now - good that FM8 has been delayed - FM7 underneath all these issues is a brilliant game. With the right polish, I think it can easily live up to the benchmark set by FM4.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:19:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#821 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 9:57:11 AM(UTC)
Hello guys!

I want to warn you that it is necessary to adjust the sound of the Audi # 4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO - because you can not hear its characteristic turbo noise!

Please fix this!

A hug!
 1 user liked this post.
#822 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:49:13 AM(UTC)

I'd love to see this implemented - the trans whine is way too high-pitched and ear piercing. The striped to the bone cars are an ear sore.

Also, they really need to pay attention to the way cars sound. They just do not sound realistic:

1. reduce pitch and treble
2. increase bass, midrange and rumble to make cars sound powerful and 'real'
3. adjust dynamic frequency so that bass/rumble properly resonates throughout the RPM range, not just low-end RPM range.
3. have proper forced induction sounds for each car and correct the wrong notes
4. include proper downshifting sounds for ALL cars

With the budget that they have, one might think T10 would rent a track or two, take every car out, put them under load and record the acceleration, deceleration, downshifts and upshifts. It might take a few months, it might take up to a year - so what's stopping them? I bet they have enough funds to even build their own track/test facility to record and reproduce authentic sounds.

I'm starting to regret my 7.1 system + xbox purchase. I got it just for Forza, going by word of mouth and people praising the sound in past games. Had no idea so many shortcuts were taken in the latest FM and FH game.

Edit: just to add - hands down, I would purchase every DLC in their game even if there are 100-200 cars to begin with - as long as I know the team took the trouble of recording and correctly reproducing all of them. This is where games like Assetto Corsa and a few others with low car counts absolutely shine.

I was almost shocked the other day to see how accurately PD has reproduced sounds in GTS for nearly every car in the game - and I was playing that at a friends on a mid-range surround system - it was a handful to say the least. I felt like I was in the seat of a high powered car pushing its limits. This is a game that had terrible sounds in previous versions.

I feel the developers are not taking this issue seriously - with so many pages of complaints and in-depth insights from long-time players, what are they waiting for??

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:55:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#823 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 5:00:57 AM(UTC)

I'd love to see this implemented - the trans whine is way too high-pitched and ear piercing. The striped to the bone cars are an ear sore.

Also, they really need to pay attention to the way cars sound. They just do not sound realistic:

1. reduce pitch and treble
2. increase bass, midrange and rumble to make cars sound powerful and 'real'
3. adjust dynamic frequency so that bass/rumble properly resonates throughout the RPM range, not just low-end RPM range.
3. have proper forced induction sounds for each car and correct the wrong notes
4. include proper downshifting sounds for ALL cars

With the budget that they have, one might think T10 would rent a track or two, take every car out, put them under load and record the acceleration, deceleration, downshifts and upshifts. It might take a few months, it might take up to a year - so what's stopping them? I bet they have enough funds to even build their own track/test facility to record and reproduce authentic sounds.

I'm starting to regret my 7.1 system + xbox purchase. I got it just for Forza, going by word of mouth and people praising the sound in past games. Had no idea so many shortcuts were taken in the latest FM and FH game.

Edit: just to add - hands down, I would purchase every DLC in their game even if there are 100-200 cars to begin with - as long as I know the team took the trouble of recording and correctly reproducing all of them. This is where games like Assetto Corsa and a few others with low car counts absolutely shine.

I was almost shocked the other day to see how accurately PD has reproduced sounds in GTS for nearly every car in the game - and I was playing that at a friends on a mid-range surround system - it was a handful to say the least. I felt like I was in the seat of a high powered car pushing its limits. This is a game that had terrible sounds in previous versions.

I feel the developers are not taking this issue seriously - with so many pages of complaints and in-depth insights from long-time players, what are they waiting for??

It’s awesome that we can see that it’s possible (via GT Sport) to go from pitiful car sounds to amazing lifelike car sounds. This has been a trouble area for them for all but one game. FM has only had this issue so bad for FM7 and FM4. It’s almost worse because we had great sounds before, kinda like all the awesome features we had that were removed. 33 pages and still no response or acknowledgement from Turn 10, and another huge audio thread on FM4 forums. For whatever reason they are doubling down on this sound quality and not acknowledging that it’s a serious issue.

#824 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 4:53:27 AM(UTC)
Idk how a 14.99 game (the grand tour) has way better accurate engine sounds than forza. It’s not even close. I played the game for 30 minutes and the cars I used 918 spyder mclaren P1 the laferrari and the Ferrari 488 sounded amazing and so accurate. Idk why forza can’t do this. The sounds are way better in the grand tour game. Forza please try to correct this.
 1 user liked this post.
#825 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 6:03:12 AM(UTC)
Already a 33 page thread about the abysmal, inaccurate, and poor engine/exhaust sounds in FM 7. Since they haven’t responded once, and now a similar thread is going on for FH4, it’s clear they are not concerned with this issue.
34 Pages<<31323334PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error