This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
32 Pages<<2829303132PrevNext
#726 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 12:01:34 PM(UTC)
im guessing they share sounds between vehicles to save on disk space. the ford TTv6's all sound the same.
#727 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:54:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StockTundra Go to Quoted Post
im guessing they share sounds between vehicles to save on disk space. the ford TTv6's all sound the same.

That's a good explanation.

However, I did find differences between EcoBoost cars. Radical RXC sounds different from Ford GT, which sounds different from F-150 Raptor, even though they share sounds with other cars.

It seems to me that with the increase in the car list they went for the granular method when making sounds. Recording 740+ individual cars is not happening, forget it. This means they'll have a whole lot of basic sounds and use mixing to achieve their effect. While it doesn't always achieve the intended effect, for some cars at least it works like a charm.

The old game NFS Most Wanted was praised for its sounds. Their method was to layer a revving sound of a real car over a set of samples that looped when you played the game. But, apart from a few rare cars in the game, most of them shared the same set of samples with different real sounds layered on top. This allowed them to easily change the engine sound when upgraded but was definitely a resource saving feature.

Another thing T10 may have done is to use artistic license for some of the sounds, which is something I don't agree with.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#728 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:25:04 AM(UTC)

That's what I'm also thinking. With so many cars they propably wanted to limit the game size. I would rather have less cars sounding like they should than over 700 of which half has wrong sounds. It's so annoying to know cars sound wrong. It just makes me want to go back to Horizon 3 (I don't have Forza 6 anymore) but I miss the race tracks. :/ Too bad Project Cars 2 has poor performance on regular/S Xbox One and that it doesn't handle gamepad as good as Forza 7, it seems like a bit better game and has great sounds. GT Sport is good too but has limited custom race options, somewhat easy AI and very few tracks.
Why is my avatar different here than on the Xbox...
#729 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:48:14 PM(UTC)
Found another couple to add to the list:

1. Nissan Altima Supercar Championship. Sounds like a V6, when it should have a V8.
2. Yet ANOTHER Alfa Romeo. The Montreal has a flatplane V8 sound, when it should be a crossplane V8.

What is wrong with this Forza? I agree with the "disc" space theory, but they could've copy-paste some of the samples for the sake of accuracy.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
#730 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:14:12 PM(UTC)

Probably. The McLaren and Lotus F1 cars from the 70s have the exact sound. I believe the Reventón and Murciélago are the same too.

However I don't see how sound samples can be that heavy to be a concern for disk space.
#731 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 9:25:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handless21 Go to Quoted Post

Probably. The McLaren and Lotus F1 cars from the 70s have the exact sound. I believe the Reventón and Murciélago are the same too.

However I don't see how sound samples can be that heavy to be a concern for disk space.

Sound effects in games are heavy as heck. Halo 5s sound effects are out of this world(pun intended), but you should see how much space it takes up. I can’t remember exactly where I saw it now(it’s been a few years) but I was astounded by how much space it took up. It’s a huge part of the games experience, so it shouldn’t be taken as a light addition to the disk space.
#732 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 10:03:17 PM(UTC)

The Murcielago and Reventon share the same 6.5 Liter V12
I love cars
 1 user liked this post.
#733 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:11:33 PM(UTC)
Have any of the car sounds finally been updated in this game or is there still no point in me playing this game?
#734 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:31:31 PM(UTC)

The McLaren and Lotus F1 cars from the 70s have the exact sound.

No surprises there, they have the exact same engine. Every man and his dog ran the Cosworth DFV V8 in the 70s. In the 1976 season (the year that the Lotus 77 and McLaren M23 come from in-game) there were a grand total of 29 teams that entered at least one race, and all but 4 of them (Ferrari, Ligier-Matra, Brabham and BRM) ran the DFV. There were still multiple teams running the DFV/DFY in the start of '85, a good 17 years after it was first introduced.
#735 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 3:49:22 PM(UTC)
The majority of the problem most likely lies in the fact the game defaults to 7.1 audio and your speakers aren't capable of it. Try changing the advanced audio setting to the correct output for your audio. I changed mine and it made the interior of the hellcat much more tolerable.
 1 user liked this post.
#736 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:03:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SL65AMGBS Go to Quoted Post

The Murcielago and Reventon share the same 6.5 Liter V12

All F1 cars used Cosworth DFV except Ferrari and Alfa Romeo, they'll all sound the same.

In 60s F1 the Ferrari is a V8 and sounds slightly different from the Brabham and the Lotus.

Originally Posted by: Orangecroc Go to Quoted Post
The majority of the problem most likely lies in the fact the game defaults to 7.1 audio and your speakers aren't capable of it. Try changing the advanced audio setting to the correct output for your audio. I changed mine and it made the interior of the hellcat much more tolerable.

There's "native" between brackets in the 7.1 default, does it refer to the game's native output or the hardware you have? I'm guessing the former.

And, which should be used in a headset without surround support?

As for the Hellcat, the sound is one of the most accurate in the game. And this game does have its fair share of questionable design decisions when it comes to sound.

Cars often have 1000 rpm more pitch than default. I know this because I test and figure it out by ear. With others it's the opposite.

Such practice is fine for Horizon but should NEVER take place in Motorsport. This is not Need For Speed. I wish the team understood this.

I also have good ear to know which samples they mixed for a particular car, but can't make a detailed list. I'll tell you though that their system is pretty good but they need more samples in their pool. :D

Edited by user Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:09:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#737 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 6:33:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zzjorzz Go to Quoted Post
What is up with (the sound of) the Ferrari F40? The Ferrari in my copy of Forza 7 on xbox sounds very weird. Some sort of gurgling windnoise, better heard when lifting the throttle and while shifting. Is this a F40 typical sound? Havent heard it ever before in other sims including previous Forza installments.

Also the milage and day counter dont work and are stuck on a certain milage. Small error, but still, should be fixable.

There is a Rivals event using this car and now I hear it. What the heck is this? This can't be right? It's so distracting and it's funny this was mentioned 5 months ago. Sad state of affairs for whoever the QC team is for Turn 10.
#738 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 11:40:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: zzjorzz Go to Quoted Post
What is up with (the sound of) the Ferrari F40? The Ferrari in my copy of Forza 7 on xbox sounds very weird. Some sort of gurgling windnoise, better heard when lifting the throttle and while shifting. Is this a F40 typical sound? Havent heard it ever before in other sims including previous Forza installments.

Also the milage and day counter dont work and are stuck on a certain milage. Small error, but still, should be fixable.

There is a Rivals event using this car and now I hear it. What the heck is this? This can't be right? It's so distracting and it's funny this was mentioned 5 months ago. Sad state of affairs for whoever the QC team is for Turn 10.

In deceleration you hear this. You get used to it but it still feels weird. :D

The actual sound is the exact same as the F40 in Horizon 3, though. Perhaps with some 458 thrown in.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#739 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:30:25 AM(UTC)
I dunno' if it's been mentioned before, but the Chevy' 396 c.i.d. V8 is another example of a horrific V8 sound in FM7 that to no surprise sounded better in previous installments.

Some sort of response from T10 would go a long way, for example :

"Due to compromises in game performance, this had to be done"

-or-

"A decision was made to go a different direction with engine sounds, we realize it's not to everyone's liking"

Etc.

Do not expect an answer/acknowledgement from T10. That is just not their policy. They tend to remain silent and rectify mistakes (like this one) for future installments, based on my experience.
#740 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:15:54 AM(UTC)
I was driving an older Corvette last night, the late 80;s/early 90's one (can't remember off the top of my head). Every time I lifted off the throttle, it sounded like someone clapping two 2x4's together. That's the best way I could describe it, but it was reaaaallly distracting. I understand they're trying to make it sound like exhaust burble, but it was a little off the wall..
#741 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 5:02:28 AM(UTC)
I’ve come to the conclusion that FM7 is just too large to have accurate good sounding cars. At first the lack of any low frequency from the cars stuck out the most. Then the inaccuracy showed it’s head. Allthough they do have some cars sounding great, they are still gutless with no low end oomph. GT Sport is a MUCH smaller game, with its own issues. Sound isn’t one of them though, maybe because there aren’t so many cars they can spend more resources on making them sound good and accurate. I can literally just listen to the Cobra 427 rumble at idle, it has my sub pounding, and the sound is excellent. I’ve written off FM7, and I’m not holding my breath for FM8.
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
#742 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 10:42:32 AM(UTC)
but pleas do u never hera ma magic melody of the abarth ( on the 500 and 124spider) the sound u put on the game is ridicolus!!! please changed with the real.......learn from PCars
thnk.
and also......why WE MUST START ALWAYS FROM HALF GRID?? Qualify?
and please give us the montecarlo monaco track PLEASE!! ^^
 1 user liked this post.
#743 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 10:31:09 AM(UTC)
Just noticed the GTO Audi 90 is missing the Turbo chatter that was present in the other games.
 1 user liked this post.
#744 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:00:53 AM(UTC)
I just got this game; I’m a Ferrari fan. They stopped the N/A v8 on the 458. The 488 GTB I’ve been using on FM6 sounds like a 488. So I got this game thinking its an upgrade. Would have never imagined they’d change how the cars sound. Now the 488 GTB doesn’t sound at all like a 488 GTB it sounds and revs like a 458 with a turbo. Its not at all that, the new car sounds flat and doesn’t howl. I get this game and the 488 howls now? But they got it right on FM6? I don’t get it. This fiasco has not only made me feel like I’m crazy; but its kind of ruined this game I just got last Monday. Thanks - Turn 10! From my perspective it’s a stupid mistake – its right on FM6. The cars should mimic their real counterparts; otherwise what’s the point?

Had to vent BYE!
#745 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 3:48:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabboSpeed Go to Quoted Post
but pleas do u never hera ma magic melody of the abarth ( on the 500 and 124spider) the sound u put on the game is ridicolus!!! please changed with the real.......learn from PCars
thnk.
and also......why WE MUST START ALWAYS FROM HALF GRID?? Qualify?
and please give us the montecarlo monaco track PLEASE!! ^^

"Learn from Project CARS"

Heavens forbid, lol. One of the worst things about Project CARS are the sounds. I can count in the fingers of one hand the number of cars that sound good in that game.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#746 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 3:00:51 AM(UTC)
Sorry for the bump haha.

Got the game 2 weeks ago to be honest I'm loving it so far my first next gen since forza 4.

Ive only ever owned subaru's IRL and I have to say the 90 RS legacy ( i have a 90 gt in the shed haha) Sounds spot on exactly like im in my own car within reason.

However I have noticed some of the sounds are a bit off, my worst offender is definitely honda vtec sounds accurate in cockpit view, could have a bit more dort I owned a b16 integra and that thing was all intake noise when it was on vtec. outside however is terrible.

Not really a gambreaker for me in my opinion it sounds alot like forza 4 to me which is fine. Certainly better than the old Gran turismos.

Guess we'll find out what forza horizon 4 brings.
 1 user liked this post.
#747 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:09:20 AM(UTC)
Maserati Gran Turismo S and the FE version don't have the engine sound in real life. and the Maserati MC12 sounded way better in Forza 4. For the MC12 it sounds correct up till around 6-8,000 RPM it starts to sound like a V8, speaking of V8s. The Nissan R390 and Noble M600 sound EXACTLY the same! The R390 has the Noble's Yamaha V8. In Forza 4 the R390 sounded perfect idk what happened. Ferrari Enzo engine noise is also very wrong, again Forza 4 had them all so accurate

#748 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 1:47:21 PM(UTC)
I’m thinking about getting this game at some point in the upcoming months. However I’ve been reading a lot of posts, not only here but around the web, about how terrible the sounds are in Forza 7. Some say is the worst of all, other say that they are better than FH3 (which is another game that I’m planning on buying) but there isn’t as much hate for FH3 or any other Forza game, like there is for F7.

But what is exactly the problem?
Is the sound of the cars not realistic? Or is a problem with how Turn10 decided to mix the sounds?
It affects both interior and exterior sound?
In your experience do you think they are going to fix it?
Have other Forza games both Motorsport and Horizon, presented the same problem?

Is still worth buying it even with the sound problem? Or Is it better for me to wait until BlackFriday/Christmas?

If there is a problem, I do not know why they decided to go with quantity over quality, I mean 700 cars sounds amazing, right? But is it worth it? Or even better, is it worth to have a almost yearly release of Forza? Don’t you guys think that if they take their time they could do something better and add even more new stuff?

Edited by user Saturday, June 23, 2018 1:52:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 3:08:40 AM(UTC)
#749 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:00:14 PM(UTC)
I can't believe there's a 30-page post about pretty much the same issues I voiced recently.

LoneSpymaster - if you have played Forza 5, 6 and Horizon 3, you are going to be disappointed with the generic and mixed-up car samples in Forza 7. A major complaint everybody seems to have here, and rightly so, is the lack of loud, bass and midrange-heavy sound - it's just not there. You're going to find that everything on the track sounds loud and bassy whilst the cars sound weak and tiny.

Both my woofers and fairly large midrange speakers get a pretty good workout when I hear helicopter flybys and rumble strips, or zoom past overhead passes.. but the exhaust sounds, no Sir!

Edited by user Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:31:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#750 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 12:23:44 PM(UTC)
One car that sounds real good
is the dodge demon ff , that s/c sounds like a hellcat in heat, to bad its a slug on the drag strip !
32 Pages<<2829303132PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error