37 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 5:58:01 AM(UTC)
Say what you want about Forza sounds,they are still miles ahead of Gran Turismo and their,Hoover,Dyson soundtrack!!!
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 5:59:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GamerBlades Go to Quoted Post
Well when playing it Goodwood before the general public release I could hear many more sounds from previous generation.

Gearbox whine and much better tyre sounds that correspond much better with feedback on the wheel and controller as well :)

did you find out if that worked for xbox one aswell ?

Well going by the topic title o was playing FM7 on the Dev kit Xbox One X and I can say sound has improved over the board.

ok thanks. guess we will wait and see if it also improves on the regular xbox one.

#28 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:29:13 AM(UTC)
Well when playing it Goodwood before the general public release I could hear many more sounds from previous generation.

Gearbox whine and much better tyre sounds that correspond much better with feedback on the wheel and controller as well :)

did you find out if that worked for xbox one aswell ?

Well going by the topic title o was playing FM7 on the Dev kit Xbox One X and I can say sound has improved over the board.

ok thanks. guess we will wait and see if it also improves on the regular xbox one.

the sounds should be exactly the same on Xbox One :)

Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:30:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post

I saw your tweet about the FFB being improved a while ago, any chance you could give some description of what you felt had been improved?

sorry for OT

I'll probably elaborate more when I'm home as I'm using the smartphone right now haha.
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
 4 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:36:35 AM(UTC)
I would say FH3 had some of the best sounds ever, the problem was, a lot of these best sounding cars were cars that were either some what ignored, DLC cars or "left behind" and overlooked perhaps as being a bit dull or slow. I made a comprehensive list of "good" sounding cars some time a go but have since lost that list...will try to find it again but for now, I shall repeat on the list of top quality sound samples from FH3 and it's DLC from cars I own and that I have tried.

FM6 does indeed largely have a wider array of more consistent sounding cars however the ones FH3 did get right, are astonishingly good, honestly they are! In no particular order here is a list of sound samples that are either unique, or sound very very good from what I can recall from my list:

- Fiesta XR2 (Best classic I4 sound IMHO)
- Opel Kadette
- Ford RS1600
- Reliant Supervan
- 73 XB Falcon GT
- Mini Cooper 65
- 2011 Cooper S JCW GP
- 1973 Alpine A110 1600S
- 1980 BRAT GL
- 1990 Legacy RS
- 1998 Impreza 22B STi
- Meyers manx
- Morgan 3-Wheeler
- 1967 Volvo 123GT
- 2014 Ford Ranger T6 Rally Raid
- Lambo URUS
- FJ40
- SVT Cobra 2000
- E45 AMG
- 1952 8V Supersonic
- 1969 Dino 2.4 Coupé
- 1975 X1/9
- 1966 GT40 MkII
- 1966 Lotus Cortina
- Megane RS 250
- RS3 Sportback (L5)
- 2015 F12tdf
- 1996 Ferrari F50 GT
- Most classic pre 1970 ferrari sounds (about 5 cars)
- Most classic Muscle V8 sounds (more so DLC cars, abou 5 or so from standard edition)
- Toyota Hilux Arctic Truck Edition (Best diesel sound we've had in game forever)
- 1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
- 2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
- Dodge Trailcat
- 2017 Camaro ZL1 (One of the best V8 sounds)
- 1972 Land Rover Series III
- 1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4
- 2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car
- 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B
- Hot Wheels 2005 Mustang (Best V8 sound in the game IMHO it is absolutely BRUTAL sounding)
- 1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill (Pretty neat duel V8 sound)
- Hoonigan RS1800 (Best modified I4 race sound IMHO, incredibly good sound sample almost perfect)
- 1955 Hoonigan Bel Air
- Porsche 944 Turbo
- Hoonigan Chevy Napalm Nova
- Ken Block's 1,400bhp Hoonicorn Mustang V2

In my honest opinion, besides a few I've forgotten and soem stragglers that use the same engine, these cars above are either the best sounding cars in the game or have the best use of the engine samples, there are some extremely high quality samples in the above lists, especially the DLC car samples and as time has gone on new sound bank samples have improved more and more.

If people have not tried many of the above cars already, I highly suggest you try them STOCK and listen to the engine sounds as from my experience they are the majority of the best sounding vehicles in the entire FH3 game :).

Edited by user Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:39:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:04:26 PM(UTC)
^ For a long time lve thought of making a "your favourite sounding cars" thread but this list probably makes that moot. Thanks!

I would add the Charger Hellcat. Even though the superchatger is missing the car still sounds Spectacular!
I also like the insane supercharged International Scout sound
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#32 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:01:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MemoryKillGG Go to Quoted Post
I would say FH3 had some of the best sounds ever, the problem was, a lot of these best sounding cars were cars that were either some what ignored, DLC cars or "left behind" and overlooked perhaps as being a bit dull or slow. I made a comprehensive list of "good" sounding cars some time a go but have since lost that list...will try to find it again but for now, I shall repeat on the list of top quality sound samples from FH3 and it's DLC from cars I own and that I have tried.

FM6 does indeed largely have a wider array of more consistent sounding cars however the ones FH3 did get right, are astonishingly good, honestly they are! In no particular order here is a list of sound samples that are either unique, or sound very very good from what I can recall from my list:

- Opel Kadette
- Ford RS1600
- Reliant Supervan
- 73 XB Falcon GT
- Mini Cooper 65
- 2011 Cooper S JCW GP
- 1973 Alpine A110 1600S
- 1980 BRAT GL
- 1990 Legacy RS
- 1998 Impreza 22B STi
- Meyers manx
- Morgan 3-Wheeler
- 1967 Volvo 123GT
- Lambo URUS
- FJ40
- SVT Cobra 2000
- E45 AMG
- 1952 8V Supersonic
- 1969 Dino 2.4 Coupé
- 1975 X1/9
- 1966 GT40 MkII
- 1966 Lotus Cortina
- Megane RS 250
- RS3 Sportback (L5)
- 2015 F12tdf
- 1996 Ferrari F50 GT
- Most classic Muscle V8 sounds (more so DLC cars, abou 5 or so from standard edition)
- Toyota Hilux Arctic Truck Edition (Best diesel sound we've had in game forever)
- Dodge Trailcat
- Hot Wheels 2005 Mustang (Best V8 sound in the game IMHO it is absolutely BRUTAL sounding)
- Hoonigan RS1800 (Best modified I4 race sound IMHO, incredibly good sound sample almost perfect)
- 1955 Hoonigan Bel Air
- Porsche 944 Turbo

In my honest opinion, besides a few I've forgotten and soem stragglers that use the same engine, these cars above are either the best sounding cars in the game or have the best use of the engine samples, there are some extremely high quality samples in the above lists, especially the DLC car samples and as time has gone on new sound bank samples have improved more and more.

If people have not tried many of the above cars already, I highly suggest you try them STOCK and listen to the engine sounds as from my experience they are the majority of the best sounding vehicles in the entire FH3 game :).

I can't believe you left out the SLS AMG! They really brought that car to life in FH3 as it sounded really dull and robotic in FH2 and FM6.
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 9:42:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MemoryKillGG Go to Quoted Post

- Opel Kadette
- Ford RS1600
- Reliant Supervan
- 73 XB Falcon GT
- Mini Cooper 65
- 2011 Cooper S JCW GP
- 1973 Alpine A110 1600S
- 1980 BRAT GL
- 1990 Legacy RS
- 1998 Impreza 22B STi
- Meyers manx
- Morgan 3-Wheeler
- 1967 Volvo 123GT
- Lambo URUS
- FJ40
- SVT Cobra 2000
- E45 AMG
- 1952 8V Supersonic
- 1969 Dino 2.4 Coupé
- 1975 X1/9
- 1966 GT40 MkII
- 1966 Lotus Cortina
- Megane RS 250
- RS3 Sportback (L5)
- 2015 F12tdf
- 1996 Ferrari F50 GT
- Dodge Trailcat
- 1955 Hoonigan Bel Air
- Porsche 944 Turbo

Unfortunately with the sound in FH3, the number of fantastic sounding cars was outweighed by the number of poor or meh sounding cars.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:41:31 AM(UTC)
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 7:32:40 PM(UTC)
Yeah, really is too bad, because I was hoping the way they noticeably improved certain car sounds would have a carry-over effect across the board. I don't think PG would be forgiven entirely for this little botch-up or deliberate design choice, whichever may be the case. As with any smart developer, lesson learned I'm sure!
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 9:45:51 PM(UTC)
I really hope that, since Toyota isn't in FM7, that the 2JZ is still an option for motor swaps. Hopefully the sound is better than FH3 because the supra sounded nothing like real life.
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:15:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: garrett2jz Go to Quoted Post
I really hope that, since Toyota isn't in FM7, that the 2JZ is still an option for motor swaps. Hopefully the sound is better than FH3 because the supra sounded nothing like real life.

Hate to break it but if there's no Toyota then there's no road car engines. Although I'd very happily eat my hat if it ever happens. The Supra sound was nearly perfect in all FM and Horizon games except for 6 maybe as it sounded a bit robotic.
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:54:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speedster996 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=garrett2jz;763843]Hate to break it but if there's no Toyota then there's no road car engines. Although I'd very happily eat my hat if it ever happens. The Supra sound was nearly perfect in all FM and Horizon games except for 6 maybe as it sounded a bit robotic.

Well, it doesn't specifically say '2JZ-GTE' when you swap the motor, even in FH3. It said 3.0L which doesn't designate it as being a Toyota product specifically.
#38 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 8:00:55 AM(UTC)

Hate to break it but if there's no Toyota then there's no road car engines. Although I'd very happily eat my hat if it ever happens. The Supra sound was nearly perfect in all FM and Horizon games except for 6 maybe as it sounded a bit robotic.

Have you ever driven a supra? My BPU++ never sounded like that. And it definitely didn't sound like that at APU with a T78 turbo and 4 inch exuast.

I absolutely hated the way it sounded in FH3. Closest they have ever gotten to the real sound would have to be FM4 maybe.

Edit: Sorry that came out wrong. Not a personal attack. It was more in a joking way, I just don't agree they sounded good in the games. My apologies if it sounded offensive.

Edited by user Friday, September 8, 2017 9:24:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#39 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 2:48:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: allsupratt Go to Quoted Post

Have you ever driven a supra? My BPU++ never sounded like that. And it definitely didn't sound like that at APU with a T78 turbo and 4 inch exuast.

I absolutely hated the way it sounded in FH3. Closest they have ever gotten to the real sound would have to be FM4 maybe.

Edit: Sorry that came out wrong. Not a personal attack. It was more in a joking way, I just don't agree they sounded good in the games. My apologies if it sounded offensive.

I'm not sure if this is leveled at me or the other guy?

Personally speaking, they botched a lot of car sounds in FH3 and botched them pretty good too! The Supra is among them. It was fine in Fm6, 5 and Horizon 2. However, without a doubt, it sounded almost real in the X360 Forza games. No question about it! Never drove one, but seen plenty of revving and high speed drivebys IRL.
#40 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 3:00:34 AM(UTC)
It definietly seems like the newer cars are way better.
For FH3 they started recording the cars under proper load, which makes the sounds much more vibrant and layered (M4, AMG C class and others).
It sounds like they've done similary with new cars in FM7.
#41 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 6:33:07 AM(UTC)
if i remember right the sound also already has improved at FM6. for example the XJ220: when you let go the car in freewheel, it has that great grumble sound that comes from the exhaust from a short time what my car does in real when i let it roll in freewheel. missed this before in other forza games.

but what i still miss is that the sound changes when i tune my engine and when i change my exhaust.
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:34:00 AM(UTC)
Improvements to be had in the sounds department, I praise T10!

Unfortunately, the player's car and AI cars lack bass and midrange. They don't sound as bassy or loud as they do in FM6. It's almost as if they forgot to add the bass layer on car sounds and I'm having to turn the volume up a lot, at which point everything else in the game feels reasonably loud and bassy but my own car.
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:27:53 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:21:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:28:30 AM(UTC)
Improvements to be had in the sounds department, I praise T10!

Unfortunately, the player's car and AI cars lack bass and midrange. They don't sound as bassy or loud as they do in FM6. It's almost as if they forgot to add the bass layer on car sounds and I'm having to turn the volume up a lot, at which point everything else in the game feels reasonably loud and bassy but my own car.

My game sound is really a big improvement over FM6. This can be deceiving though as I have a pretty nice surround system. I only have a 10 subwoofer but it sits a foot in front of my pedals of my rig. I also have a butt kicker on my seat and LOVE it! My center channel is 2 feet in front of my wheel at neck level. Directly above that 4 feet in front of me is my 55 inch centered to my face ( left, right, up, and down). My Right and left main speakers are 4 foot towers and sit 2 feet on either side of my rig in line with my pedals.....rumble strips sound great with these here and feel great with the Butt Kicker on the seat. I also have 2 rear 4 ft towers for my surround speakers. With this system it sounds heavenly and I don't have Dolby Atmos yet. This fall after I get my already pre-ordered scorpion edition Xbox One X I am upgrading my 55 inch 1080P to a 65 inch 4K Samsung Q9F or possibly LG flagship but haven't decided which TV yet. With the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals, shifter, and V2 wheel it is about as good as I will ever get to drive these cars😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
For the FM7 Demo I increased the bass on my surround sound system to where the cars sounded very good. I then set each sound slider ( track, tires, etc ) and I lowered the opponents car sounds on the slider for that. It helped me hear my car better. FM7 at least the Demo has the best sound I have gotten from any other Forza game. It just seems the sound is more balanced all around and easier to get all the sounds to blend well in my room. It did take some work on the different sound sliders though to get it sounding right. It was not a plug and play.

Edited by user Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:33:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:27:28 PM(UTC)
What I'd like to see make a return is the superchargers whine that fm5 had in terms of best sounding Forza games I'd say its out of fm4/5, horizon 3 was just terrible I'm not even going to get into that, but out of all the racing games i have played Forza Motorsport has been the only game that has gotten the E92 M3 sound right, i can thank Forza for making that my dream car. But bring back the supercharger whine please.

Edited by user Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:28:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 4:39:54 PM(UTC)
The game needs a crossover cutoff, that is tunable. I feel like none of the cars have any BASS. I watch car vids shot on GoPro cameras, not Shotgun and boundary microphones... And the BASS is there in those videos.

The closest thing I have enjoyed was the Chevy Corvette Race car, and the 429 Ford engine that is running 40mph in 6th gear.
#47 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 11:47:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wonderpill Go to Quoted Post
The game needs a crossover cutoff, that is tunable. I feel like none of the cars have any BASS. I watch car vids shot on GoPro cameras, not Shotgun and boundary microphones... And the BASS is there in those videos.

The closest thing I have enjoyed was the Chevy Corvette Race car, and the 429 Ford engine that is running 40mph in 6th gear.

What Forza game are you talking about bud? If FM7, then yes, the car samples need to have the bass added. But FM6's samples are nice and bassy... I mean the bass kicks in at the right rev ranges, you know? FM5 was gerat too in terms of bassy car notes.. although a bit quiet in first person views, especially for those rear-engine cars.

FM7's looking very good as far as car sounds go my friend. You wait and see. I'm sure they will update the game to introduce louder, more bassy car notes. Just like they did with FM6.
#48 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 2:36:39 AM(UTC)
Greatest sound improvement was with Forza 5 if you ask me, since than the improvements on this area have been lackluster and frankly fairly non-existent... I was extremely dissapointed with the sound in the demo. Although it's good they finally added more drivetrain noises in the cockpit views...
''With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and
the experience as well. You can fly very high.'' - Ayrton Senna

#49 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 7:07:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForzaMartini Go to Quoted Post
Greatest sound improvement was with Forza 5 if you ask me, since than the improvements on this area have been lackluster and frankly fairly non-existent... I was extremely dissapointed with the sound in the demo. Although it's good they finally added more drivetrain noises in the cockpit views...

An ideal Forza game with the best sound would be a mix of Forza 4 and 5 I think.

Honestly speaking, I think the sound stage has been noticeably improved, it's just the player's car and the AI cars that concern me a bit... they're great but lacking midrange and bass. FM6 was awefully quiet on launch, the car sounds namely. But they fixed it. I think the game has borrowed a few elements from the Horizon 3 sound department as the cars in that game also lack oomph and bass. FM6's cars are loud and bassy, and I love it.

I'll give you a quick example - the Nismo GTR even though is a race car - it brought the bass in my room alive through certain rev ranges. Changing the views also gave varying levels of bass. In FM7, the tone, pitch and character of the GTR seems improved, but I'm suddenly thinking to myself: where did all the oomph and bass in the car sound go??
#50 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 9:25:53 AM(UTC)
Speedster,
I think you have a valid point about the bass and mid range car sounds. I have a Butt Kicker mounted directly on the bottom of my actual car seat and tend to rely on the feel of that probably more than I should. I also have a 10 inch subwoofer 1 foot in front of my pedals on my rig facing me and allows me to feel any vibration from the cars on my pedals along with giving that deep engine sound coming from the front for front engine cars. My center Channel is a pretty high end Polk audio and sits just below face level directly above my pedals about 4 feet back from my face with my 55 inch TV centered with my face ( up, down, left, and right ) also 4 feet back. My right and left speakers are 4 foot towers from Klipsch and sit about 2 1/2 feet right and left of my pedals also 4 feet back......rumble strips sound and feel AWESOME!!!

What I am trying to say is in FM6 say in the Ford GT 40 the engine sound has so much bass I can feel the engine RPM vibrations so good I can shift by feel of the Butt Kickers feedback. My Fanatec wheel has done of the feeling of the engine on it but noise and vibration can play tricks on your body. As an example with my set up above hitting a rumble strip will sound in my center Channel some but mostly in my right speaker. Our brain thinks the body should feel it there too so even though my Butt Kicker is mounted to the bottom center of my seat I feel it on my right side of the seat and seat back and is pretty convincing. If I didn't know better I would think the right side had its own butt kicker...just feels real and Dooley from the mind game the noise does by bring mainly on the right side. It's very cool!

This lighter bass sound while accelerating down say Road America's long front straight makes the wheel feel pretty dead while going straight. I have to turn the wheel to feel anything in it. I remember FM6 had a lot more feeling in the wheel while going straight, especially while accelerating. I have mentioned that early in the FFB thread on this forum. Part of the dead wheel feel I am feeling could be that my Butt Kicker is producing less engine bass and mid's so I don't feel it in my seat....hence with the noise mind game I don't feel it well in my wheel either. The Wheel engine feel may be the same in both FM6 & FM7 but the Butt Kicker engine feel in FM6 is tricking me.

I would like to see the car engines have a little more bass to feel on my Butt Kicker but the game does NOT sound bad. I think it is a BIg improvement in many ways over FM6. The cars sound great even without the extra bass!

Edited by user Monday, September 25, 2017 9:26:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

37 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error