This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:15:16 AM(UTC)
OK, so I have this problem with this vehicle. As the title states, it’s a 2015 Corvette Z06 S Class, built to favor grip over power (race tires). On the long sweeping tracks it seems to do ok, but I was in FreePlay and came to the track that looks like an UZI on the overview (sorry, I don’t remember the name of the track). This track has a couple of hairpins as well as several curves toward the end of the run.

Because of all the turns, and the fact that they are so close together, I find myself constantly shifting from second to third. I come out of one turn in 2nd gear and have to shift up to 3rd because I can’t leave it in second without it redlining, then I immediately have to downshift again to enter the next turn. Constant Shifting.

After running this same track several times, the best I could do was 4th place; and that was being very aggressive with the AI Drivatars (who are morons I might add).

So finally, just out of frustration, I changed the assists to use an Automatic Trans, and low and behold, I came in first (and many of the Drivatars survived).

Is there any way to re-turn the transmission to… let’s say, ignore gears 7 and 8 (I never use them anyway) and make it so second gear can ride out longer?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:16:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:17:06 AM(UTC)
One advantage of most American V8's like the Corvette, Viper, Saleen, Cobra, GT40, is the loads of torque available. That's how big gears are turned at low RPM with less risk of wheel spin. It's part of the intended design. It may not sound as fast, but physics is physics. I'd time it and verify if all that 2-3-2 shifting is needed. You could also upgrade the transmission and set shift points just for that track.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:33:02 AM(UTC)
One option you have is to record the run and replay to see what gears you were running with the Auto tranny during those turns. Then, per CoffeeHawk, adjust your Final Drive and/or individual gears (if you really require this). However, it could also be that the gears are just fine, and, you need to adjust your shifting methodology. With enough speed you should try to keep at higher gear.

DJ Saoco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:33:14 PM(UTC)
Circuit de spa Francorchamps hahaha I thought I was the only one who thought it resembled an uzi
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:25:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Logic Moot Go to Quoted Post
Circuit de spa Francorchamps hahaha I thought I was the only one who thought it resembled an uzi

hee, hee, I guess it just takes a certain "type" to think this way... Thanks!

Well, I did monitor the gear shifting while in automatic and it was doing some heavy work, more than I was which is probably the reason it won and I couldn't.

I tried all sorts of configurations last night with no real success. I even switched it to AWD and, although it did convert the transmission to a 6 speed, it couldn't win any of the other races it was while in RWD.

Obviously, I realize the real issue here is my driving skill and not the vehicle. I've been practicing based on many of the suggestions I've received; started with E Class and as I won more, I moved up to the next class. Well, now I'm in S Class and things are getting harder.

So, at this point I've just come to the conclusion that the Vette (or me) wasn't built for this type of track. I guess I will need to find another vehicle or practice more for all those "curves"...

Thanks for your help!
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:16:56 AM(UTC)
If you post your build, I can try to adjust to see what we can come up with. Or others can also help you out here in the forum. I believe you can get a Race Tranny and figure out a proper configuration to run it under control.

Have you tried downloading someone else's S-class setup and given it a try? You can also do a search on the Z06 on this forum section and I am sure there are more threads on the Z06 and/or tunes. Might even have some open source tunes.

I'll try to come up with my own (if I don't have one already) build for Spa.

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:24:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:30:43 AM(UTC)
Here you go....

https://forums.forzamoto...-S2000.aspx#post_368770

Thanks to FOOT!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:42:13 AM(UTC)
Wow! Thanks... I will give that a try...
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 11:36:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
Wow! Thanks... I will give that a try...

Your welcome! I am sure many others on the Forum will be willing to help you as well. The Forum is a little slow these days since folks are now in waiting mode for FM7, thus, not a lot of action around FM6.

Good luck!

DJ Saoco

Notification

Icon
Error