Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 9:49:08 AM(UTC)
Hi, are there any signs that we will see the engine dispacement in FM7?

Edited by user Saturday, October 14, 2017 8:04:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 10:43:35 AM(UTC)
In Forza Horizon 3, when selecting a car, you can press up on the D-pad, and it will show power, engine displacement, weight, etc. instead of the usual stats like speed, acceleration, handling, etc.

In FM7 I'd rather have all the stats visible together, with the addition of 0-60 and 0-100 MPH estimated times, 60-0 and 100-0 estimated braking distance, and estimated lateral Gs at 60 and 100 MPH.

The fewer button presses I need to figure out if I have to detune my car to participate in an event in FM7, and how much, the better.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 5:17:29 AM(UTC)
Would be nice to see it as a way to restrict cars in a blueprint...If blueprints are continuing forward.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:00:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arquibus Go to Quoted Post
Would be nice to see it as a way to restrict cars in a blueprint...If blueprints are continuing forward.

100% agree. I Forza 2-4 where you had events based off of cylinders and displacement. It made it so interesting to see which car had the best stock engine. I'd love to see the displacement in the menus come back as well as some additions such as that 0-60 time and 0-100 time mentioned above. I don't know why the displacement was taken out of FM6 honestly.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 9:08:43 AM(UTC)
That would be good and if it is turbo charged exc..
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 11:16:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ctdc67 Go to Quoted Post
That would be good and if it is turbo charged exc..

That'd be pretty cool actually, even if they abriviated it so things like N/a (naturally aspirated), TT (Twin Turbocharged) and CS (Centrifugal Supercharger) and so on.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 2:09:54 PM(UTC)
Don’t know if anyone else is bothered/bummed about this but I’m a little sad to see that the numbers of what displacement motor you’re running in the car aren’t included at all times. Like it’ll show intially for each swap but then after you don’t know. Kinda of lame they didn’t add it this time around :( Also kinda of bummed that there’s not launch specs in the Performance indexing for the cars.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:17:18 PM(UTC)
Turn10 removed modified displacement numbers after Forza 4. They also removed many other helpful car organizing options like tire size, weight, and power rpms. No Forza since FM4 has had these.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 5:36:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Io Gibby oI Go to Quoted Post
Turn10 removed modified displacement numbers after Forza 4. They also removed many other helpful car organizing options like tire size, weight, and power rpms. No Forza since FM4 has had these.


Forza Horizon 3 had displacement in the car stats.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:21:56 PM(UTC)
Oh my bad. Even modified engine displacement or only stock displacement?
Rank: Driver's License
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:25:37 PM(UTC)
I'm with you on this. I want as much detail and "realism" as possible. C'mon, it helps with the fantasy. :)
Rank: Driver's License
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:47:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Io Gibby oI Go to Quoted Post
Oh my bad. Even modified engine displacement or only stock displacement?


Both. I miss it and feel kinda lost now. I know the starting size of most of my muscle cars. I just like to see what we can bore them out to.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 8:04:20 AM(UTC)
Same here. I really miss the value sorting we could do in FM1- FM4. That made it so easy to see which cars has the biggest tires or where the horsepower and torque rpms were for transmission gearing.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 11:49:19 AM(UTC)
The irony of displacement being available in Horizon but not in Motorsport, especially after they introduce the concept of Homologation rules.

I mean engine size is a commonly used means of Homologation control for a racing series.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
Rank: Driver's Permit
#15 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 1:16:30 PM(UTC)
I was just curious if there is anyplace I can see the displacement of my engine. This information was available in previous installments as you modified the engine. This would change as you bored out the engine block etc. Now I have nowhere to view this information. Does anybody know if I can find this information, and if so, where?

~

You're seeing this here because some person in a position of authority said it didn't belong in the tech support to ask such a thing.

I guess seeing as how it was removed I basically have to start from scratch and request this feature as though it wasn't something present in the previous 9 games.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:37:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FLac23 Go to Quoted Post
I was just curious if there is anyplace I can see the displacement of my engine. This information was available in previous installments as you modified the engine. This would change as you bored out the engine block etc. Now I have nowhere to view this information. Does anybody know if I can find this information, and if so, where?

~

You're seeing this here because some person in a position of authority said it didn't belong in the tech support to ask such a thing.

I guess seeing as how it was removed I basically have to start from scratch and request this feature as though it wasn't something present in the previous 9 games.


Sadly, FM7 (and FM6, for that matter) does not show displacement. I would like to see it return with the torque numbers on the stat page.
Displacement was removed in FM6. FM5 still has stock and modified displacement stats. .
So I tried that rewind button, took me all the way back to Forza 2....
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 7:16:19 PM(UTC)
I don't know why they remove things like this. You'd think they'd keep most of the stuff from previous entries and then improve upon them. But it's like they literally start from scratch every time they make a new game. Honestly they kind of did with the new gen console versions. But it's the 4th new gen Forza so it's not really an excuse at this point.

Notification

Icon
Error