This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 7:05:53 AM(UTC)
Iv been playing forza sense day one and i feel like the online racing is the best component to the the game, along with being able to share tuning advice and experiment with different setups in between races with out having to back out or loading other set ups . i miss the simple ability to do those small minuet changes to my car in online lobby's .
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 11:49:44 AM(UTC)
I'm relatively sure that the main reason they don't have this is time. There really isn't a lot of time in lobby intermissions to alter tuning setups and I wouldn't want to have to wait on guys tweaking their cars.

-k
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 12:43:27 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure if he was meaning in between races in public lobbies or on something private with friends, being able to tweak while still in a lobby. Making collaborating and working with friends on tunes much easier.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 1:39:49 PM(UTC)
Quote:

In previous Forza titles, the game would immediately throw you into the UI once you had jumped onto a server for an online race. Giese informs us that this has changed for FM7.

Instead, you’re now able to hot-lap the track as you wait to start the race – even if a race has already started. This is a welcome opportunity to quickly tweak your setup before you start your race.

https://www.gtplanet.net/info-blowout-revealed-forza-motorsport-7/
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 1:45:52 PM(UTC)
I am pretty sure I saw Dan Greenawalt saying on Twitter that you will be able to tune within a lobby.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:39:04 PM(UTC)
I could take it or leave it. I run the lower classes (D class specifically) and most of my builds in that class don't have many tunable parts in the current system. Furthermore I don't want to extend intermissions between races unnecessarily.

Also I rarely run the same car twice on different tracks I have something built for every track so tuning in between would be mostly moot for me.

On top of that most "tweaking" has a tendency to do just as much harm as good in my experience and starting races with a car you haven't test driven in its new form is unwise, and will lead to accidents.

If they don't fix the buggy lobby chat and constant loading failures all the little things won't matter anyway. It does me no good to get advice from other players if I can't hear them or they can't hear me.

Tuning is best done in rivals or test drive modes when you are alone and there are fewer variables stopping you from laying down consistent lap times.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:54:10 PM(UTC)
^Tuning lobbies were the best in FM2.

Some players want nothing more then to tune in a lobby with friends. I have one in particular who asks at the release of every game if this is a thing again.
T10 just need to provide framework and let the community do its thing.

2 was the best.

#nostalgia
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#8 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 5:15:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post
I could take it or leave it. I run the lower classes (D class specifically) and most of my builds in that class don't have many tunable parts in the current system. Furthermore I don't want to extend intermissions between races unnecessarily.

Also I rarely run the same car twice on different tracks I have something built for every track so tuning in between would be mostly moot for me.

On top of that most "tweaking" has a tendency to do just as much harm as good in my experience and starting races with a car you haven't test driven in its new form is unwise, and will lead to accidents.

If they don't fix the buggy lobby chat and constant loading failures all the little things won't matter anyway. It does me no good to get advice from other players if I can't hear them or they can't hear me.

Tuning is best done in rivals or test drive modes when you are alone and there are fewer variables stopping you from laying down consistent lap times.

And I run untested cars all the time and rarely is my tune all the great. Tuning in lobbies is better for me to figure out what the car needs. I get bored tuning in test drive and almost never make time to fix a car.

Jumping into parties negates the can't hearing people stuff. Didn't know you could tune in rivals.
#9 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 6:13:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post

That depends. Most of my base tunes are primarily tested on the test track air field as it's a flat surface with no elevation change (apart from the jump) with tight sections (crates) and sweepers. Being a flat track I can also tune my camber, suspension, bump stiffness, rebound stiffness and anti-sway bars and the majority of the gearing that will suit near enough every track relatively well without even changing the tune. It's a great way to get a base tune and if I wanted to I could go to each individual track and adapt the tune specifically with reference to lap times and feel. This could easily be implemented in private multiplayer settings and don't forget ghost lobbies, they would be great to judge you're tune.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:40:48 PM(UTC)
Tuning in multiplayer makes a debut! You can even tune during loading.

https://twitter.com/dan_...atus/876486134120931328

Anyone seen this?

Notification

Icon
Error