17 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
#151 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 1:17:12 AM(UTC)
Guys, thank you for all reply.
Today is 4 day with this game and g290 i think my drive skill better and finally i know how to drive.
Is still not that easy like on the controller but is very great fun for me. BUT only on asphalt when i try to drive on offroad my race ends on first turn.
I just turn right, then i try to back to straight position, but car is still sliding. I turn my steering wheels max to left but the car is still sliding into the right. After 5 sec
car turns left and is impossible to drive straight.

I use settings from Ialyrn, you can find his screenshots on the first post. But i also change the maximum angle to 270.
 1 user liked this post.
#152 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 7:28:11 AM(UTC)
Hey everyone. I want to share what works for me in case it helps any of you, and I hope it does. I'm using a G29 with H-Shifter on PC. As you may know the G29 and the G920 are the exact same wheels. They are branded differently cause one is for PS4 and the other one for the Xbox. Both work on PC. Me being on PC should have no effect here because I'm literally using the complete default values from the Logitech Gaming Software. So all of this will come straight out of the game settings. For me it makes driving in FH4 amazingly fun and far more enjoyable than it ever was on FH3. I haven't read the previous posts in this thread, I'm just posting what works for me and hope it helps.
P.S I'm using 900 degrees, but you can use whatever you want.

Here are the settings: https://imgur.com/a/8tQn86F

Edited by user Sunday, October 21, 2018 7:30:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#153 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:54:05 PM(UTC)
I have the same problems with the G920. For me it helped to raise the linearity to 55 to reduce the center deadspot. But it's still hard to catch a slide or just driving straight..
Free roam is nice but I'm not able to win races with the wheel.

I made a new ticket on the forza support site. Maybe they can provide some informations. It would be great when more people open tickets with wheel problems.
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:19:40 AM(UTC)
Yeah, only getting 12% braking/clutching when fully pressing on the pedal. Changing the settings doesn’t even seem to do anything either so..... I think a quick adjustment to a couple of the settings and we should be good. Steering, I don’t even wanna get started on. One thing at a time...
#155 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 5:14:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MadBuggyOfDoom Go to Quoted Post
If you think the game designers couldn't possibly let a bug this glaring past - someone would have noticed, right?
Well, the Brake Bias slider in game for tuning is reversed, nobody has noticed it, nobody has even mentioned it on this forum, I sent a bug report in days ago and have heard nothing.
How does that get past Beta!?

I just noticed this today. I'd check the next few pages of this thread to see if anyone noticed you said it if this forum overall wasn't the slowest website I've used this decade.
#156 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 12:35:38 AM(UTC)
https://support.forzamot...O49RsGRsJHz1xKIMUeYq5KD8

No, change about the steering wheel.

If you looking for great g290 driving experient i recommended to download F1 its for free i you have game pass. Driving is amazing!
#157 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:14:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MichalOsrafin Go to Quoted Post
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360002034847-FH4-Release-Notes-October-23rd-2018?fbclid=IwAR3Up6vv1KKjcfWfbxWedOiPEuouxY5Xrb-O49RsGRsJHz1xKIMUeYq5KD8

If you looking for great g290 driving experient i recommended to download F1 its for free i you have game pass. Driving is amazing!

This is insane. Dont they get that the crowd on wheels are the most loyal of their fanbase? Ive been a huge fan since the early motorsport games, but this is just too ugly. The reason i own a wheel is to play the forza titles, if they tell us wheels are supported they better be. This thread is one of the most viewed on support forums and they dont even post it as a known issue.

I should add, i havent tried the new patch yet so i probably shouldnt be too harsh before i know for sure. But it seems to be odd to not mentioning that they have fixed one of the most glaring issues..

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:18:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#158 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:58:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MichalOsrafin Go to Quoted Post
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360002034847-FH4-Release-Notes-October-23rd-2018?fbclid=IwAR3Up6vv1KKjcfWfbxWedOiPEuouxY5Xrb-O49RsGRsJHz1xKIMUeYq5KD8

It is a pity that they do not want to refine the steering wheel model. That's why I did not buy this game and probably never buy because it will only be a source of frustration ... I have Forza Motorsport 7 and I'm happy with it. It looks as they wanted to create two different games for complete casuals with pads and other for steering wheel players. It is a pity because by doing this they lose a large part of those interested in this game. It may be difficult for a year or two, as they will finally see and fix this problem - all they need to do is to refine the steering wheel model at least as it is in Forza Motorsport. For now, there are other car games with a much better driving model.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:59:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#159 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 5:42:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VNX999 Go to Quoted Post

This is insane. Dont they get that the crowd on wheels are the most loyal of their fanbase? Ive been a huge fan since the early motorsport games, but this is just too ugly. The reason i own a wheel is to play the forza titles, if they tell us wheels are supported they better be. This thread is one of the most viewed on support forums and they dont even post it as a known issue.

Could be worse, myself and a friend bought wheels just to play this game with. Imagine how frustrating that is. Especially for the one that's never played racing games before and was trying to get into the Forza stuff for the first time with one....
#160 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 3:47:26 PM(UTC)
In the patch notes for Update 2, it mentions: "Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect"

As someone who's been wanting to get a wheel for this game, but has been put off by the many negative comments regarding wheel support in this game, I'm curious if any of you have had the chance yet to test these changes. Has it improved car handling on dirt and offroad? Are car spins still more or less unrecoverable? I really hope they fix the issues many players seem to have, and I'm nervous to invest into a wheel setup if the studio has a history of leaving problems like this in game.
 1 user liked this post.
#161 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 3:56:42 PM(UTC)
Just as an update - I opened a ticket about the non-functional deadzones setting days ago, and when they finally replied they (Nitro Girl) simply said "have you checked the wheel manual" and marked it as "solved".

It looks to me like they're either completely incapable to understand what the problem is, or unable to reproduce the issue for some reason.

I would imagine my support ticket to be clear enough - Software QA is something I've been doing for about a decade (the previous decade being spent as a developer) and bug reports are, how to say, the basics...

#162 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:54:39 AM(UTC)
I think the problem is they have a lot of issues with this game now , and there Priority is to fix things in order to there highest user base, so game controller over wheel - Xbox problems before pc , and on , If I have learned anything from this it is not to buy a game when its firsts comes out and then getting the facts , Still its very disappointing .

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:55:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#163 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:47:44 AM(UTC)
Can anyone write what are the impressions of driving on the G920 now after the latest update please?
We still have to wait?
I do not want to buy a game pass again just to get angry again ...
#164 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:04:00 AM(UTC)
I'll check when I get home tonight, I haven't played since the update. I don't hold a lot of hope that the pedals deadzone issue has been solved, they admitted being unable to reproduce the issue replying to my ticket.

As for the "they have lots of bugs" sure, but as far as I can tell none has sales impact potential like the mess around wheels - I haven't read any reviews calling it a "broken, unplayable game until it gets fixed".

I am currently "renting" FH4 through "Games With Gold", but if I can't play with the wheel, I won't purchase it once the GWG period expires.
#165 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:45:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: h3llr4iser80 Go to Quoted Post
I'll check when I get home tonight, I haven't played since the update. I don't hold a lot of hope that the pedals deadzone issue has been solved, they admitted being unable to reproduce the issue replying to my ticket.

As for the "they have lots of bugs" sure, but as far as I can tell none has sales impact potential like the mess around wheels - I haven't read any reviews calling it a "broken, unplayable game until it gets fixed".

I am currently "renting" FH4 through "Games With Gold", but if I can't play with the wheel, I won't purchase it once the GWG period expires.

Thanks for the help. The game pass is over for me now. Check out the reaction of vehicles to the movements of the steering wheel - are there still delays preventing practically the game (view from above the vehicle and in the cockpit). As I recently tried on the G920, practically driving only on the asphalt surface was possible and it was also very uncomfortable - there was not even a chance on other surfaces. The vehicle reacted to steering wheel with a very long delay ...

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:46:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#166 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:08:47 AM(UTC)
So for me I had the best settings figured out on my G29 on PC and I actually posted them here 3 days ago to help. Guess what! THE UPDATE MESSED UP MY PERFECTLY GOOD WHEEL SETTINGS! Yup! FFB now feels weird and don't even get me started on the deadzone on the center of the wheel. Unplayable for me right now, still trying to figure out the settings to no avail. I was so excited to try this new update today. sigh
#167 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:37:21 PM(UTC)
Ok. I think you all might want to give this update a try.

I had shelved this game for a little bit due to the steering wheel issue. It especially sucked because I bought the g920 and a seat for this game specifically.

I've never touched any settings, so with stock settings on XBox there seems to be a vast improvement.

Can anyone else confirm?

I ripped around the wintery hills and did a street race and it felt really good.

EDIT : Yea its waaaaay better, I'm not a vet or a pro so try for yourself but man I've had a few really awesome races with a lot of braking and cornering that would have easily sent me into a spin a few weeks ago. The force feedback feels awesome too it's like I can feel the traction or when my tires are spinning. This is on all wintery or wet tracks too. Awesome.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:23:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#168 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 1:34:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jeekayjay Go to Quoted Post

I had shelved this game for a little bit due to the steering wheel issue. It especially sucked because I bought the g920 and a seat for this game specifically.

I've never touched any settings, so with stock settings on XBox there seems to be a vast improvement.

Can anyone else confirm?

I ripped around the wintery hills and did a street race and it felt really good.

EDIT : Yea its waaaaay better, I'm not a vet or a pro so try for yourself but man I've had a few really awesome races with a lot of braking and cornering that would have easily sent me into a spin a few weeks ago. The force feedback feels awesome too it's like I can feel the traction or when my tires are spinning. This is on all wintery or wet tracks too. Awesome.

So the brake deadzone is working now? :o

#169 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 1:40:53 AM(UTC)
I have downloaded the update but haven't played it yet.

Have they fixed the grinding gears!?.... (please!)
#170 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:22:04 AM(UTC)

Can anyone else confirm?

I dunno about a dead zone but the game played great last night I had to force myself to stop and go to bed, rather than quit in frustration as before...
#171 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:08:00 AM(UTC)

Can anyone else confirm?

Just checked it out, still broken on g920.
Brake deadzone doesent work, same with clutch, ie. impossible to brake and shifting comes with gearcrunch in cockpit view. I dont even care to analyze whats wrong with the steering deadzones, but one thing is for sure, it doesent work. Countersteer is nonexistent.

#172 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:46:26 AM(UTC)
I saw those video on Reddit, and I was surprised to see someone drifting and able to correct the steering without spinning out.
The settings can be viewed under the video description on YouTube video.

G920 user drifting
 1 user liked this post.
#173 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:53:18 AM(UTC)
Is anyone else getting almost no FFB whatsoever at the centre of the wheel? Since the update I’ve had none and it’s made me not want to even touch the game
#174 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:07:59 AM(UTC)
Hi Guys. I just wanted to post my experiences with this same issue. I too had similar issues with my G920 wheel. It was hard to control the car, always seem to lose control around simplest corner, and lots of snaking and overcompensation etc.

My wife also plays Forza with me. We played through the whole of Forza Horizon 2 with the G920 and it was fine at default settings (except for dialling down max lock to 600 from 900).

We tried Forza 5 and the wheel was absolutely pants. Was better on Forza 6 and the Forza 7 demos but not bought those games as we prefer Horizon. We missed Horizon 3 as didn't fancy Australia, prefer more green trees etc as in horizon 2 and 4.

Well after 10 mins in Forza Horizon 4 my wife was ready to chuck the whole wheel out of the window I think. I got the game on game pass so was a bit miffed when the wheel didn't work properly but hey ho, I thought well it hasn't cost me anything, maybe they'll fix it for the next Horizon game...

I tried some of the settings that someone (thankyou) above mentioned as in messing with understeer/ oversteer, FFB and vibration. This made it a bit better, but still felt off. Was going to write if off.

But then I also saw somebody mentioned that there might be display lag on my TV causing an issue. I have changed our TV since Horizon 2. We used to have a 15 year old Pioneer plasma TV 720P, no smart features and all picture enhancements disabled.

My new TV is a Samsung 4K HDR TV. Its not a super expensive one, it was £400 used from Ebay. I had another look at this tonight and I did notice something in the in car view/ dash view. When I moved the steering wheel, there was a noticeable delay before the wheel on the TV moved. It was quite a delay and the car also would not move for a bit after steering wheel input. We didn't notice on the outside car view which is the view my wife usually uses but I prefer the in car view.

Well I hunted through the TV settings and sure enough, there is a "game mode". I have never used game mode for anything and we've played several other games (Gears 4, Titanfall 2 etc) since buying the TV with it turned off and not really noticed any problems.

BUT...this seems to have fixed all our problems. The wheel on the TV now turns almost instantly. You can also look for this by simply pressing the pause/map button. Before, there was a delay before the map came up. I thought this was normal. But it isn't, the map should appear pretty much straight away. I went back to the default steering wheel settings (but still dialled down to 600 as in FH2). And it is SO MUCH BETTER. My wife is driving now, she picked up on the difference straight away so if she can notice it, it must be different.

I know this won't fix everyone's issue as we might be having different issues. My G920 is on the 2016 firmware and I've done the brake mod, its been like this since we played FH2 on it. This has totally fixed my issues though and I feel comfortable now playing on default steering wheel settings. We're not the best drivers anyway so if you are pro you might be more sensitive to the wheel than we are but to just play through the single player game and have some fun, we can do this now without crashing at every corner or coming last in every race because we had to drive around at 30mph to stay on the road!!! I just drove around aimlessly for 30 mins and it was great, overtaking cars, getting between cars at over 100mph. Couldn't even go round corners properly before and the snaking has all gone. I guess because we had lag, the game is constantly behind what we're doing, leading to overcompensation and constant steering corrections because the car doesn't react for a while.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting this is a fix or the cause but its worked for us.
#175 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 1:36:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PCGameplayZx Go to Quoted Post
So for me I had the best settings figured out on my G29 on PC and I actually posted them here 3 days ago to help. Guess what! THE UPDATE MESSED UP MY PERFECTLY GOOD WHEEL SETTINGS! Yup! FFB now feels weird and don't even get me started on the deadzone on the center of the wheel. Unplayable for me right now, still trying to figure out the settings to no avail. I was so excited to try this new update today. sigh

Exactly the same impression I got, didn't realize there was an update until my G27 on PC suddenly went horrible overnight. You are right about the deadzone in the middle of the wheel ..its a shocking error on the devs side but I guess they made it "smoother.." for the controller users but unplayable for the wheel, I turned the game off. Today I reset my settings, pulled in the rotation from 550 to 138 and got a little tighter with the mid wheel position but haven't done much more at the moment.
17 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error