This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 4:55:38 AM(UTC)
Thanks everyone for your information and feedback regarding the issue.

We are aware of this and are currently looking into it.

Best way to chat to other players or your friends is most likely through Xbox Party Chat or through the Xbox App if you're on PC.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:42:33 AM(UTC)
Well thats progress!!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 4:31:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:15:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Krzychulski Go to Quoted Post
No singing, whistling, burping, screaming, dogs barking and etc. iritating things in online session. In convoy it is a problem, that players cant hear them but in open chat this silence is a miracle for me. I can finally focus on game, people are doing strange things with mic on other forza games :/
If this will be repaired add quick button to disable voice chat in race please.

I agree please add a mute all players option if you fix it. I don't want to hear aspiring DJ's.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 11:33:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post

Best way to chat to other players or your friends is most likely through Xbox Party Chat or through the Xbox App if you're on PC.

Please make this a priority. we had to wait so so long on horizon 3 for the mic crash fix.
 2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 2:50:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
No singing, whistling, burping, screaming, dogs barking and etc. iritating things in online session. In convoy it is a problem, that players cant hear them but in open chat this silence is a miracle for me. I can finally focus on game, people are doing strange things with mic on other forza games :/

I agree please add a mute all players option if you fix it. I don't want to hear aspiring DJ's.

Just add a "Push to Talk" button as well like most all other games do.
#31 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:18:39 PM(UTC)
the xbox app experience is soo poor and such a pain to get everybody joined
we need global text chat for all players in life
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 10:33:28 AM(UTC)
Looks like the voice chat is broken. I hate to promote using voice over IP but if some one wants to join I think TeamSpeak or Mumble are an alternative. The problem is the player has to be invited to channel and in order to do that I don't see it feasible here. :( btw it an excellent app to do races and the adventures but someone has to set it up and then invite their friends in and create the team. Cheers!
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:28:32 PM(UTC)
I, too, am having this issue, and I wonder if it's possibly caused by having more than one mic on my computer. I can't find any place to choose which mic to use, but it seems like most people having mic problems are also having problems hearing voice chat.

I'd be interested to know how many of y'all also have multiple mic sources available.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 4:31:29 AM(UTC)

Don't forget you can also submit a ticket here relating to any issues, bugs, suggestions & feedback.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 1:44:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScrubbyMcReroll Go to Quoted Post
I, too, am having this issue, and I wonder if it's possibly caused by having more than one mic on my computer. I can't find any place to choose which mic to use, but it seems like most people having mic problems are also having problems hearing voice chat.

I'd be interested to know how many of y'all also have multiple mic sources available.

I tried two different mics (desktop and earphones mic) and I tested having both mics plugged in and only 1 mic plugged in with no luck. Voice chat is completely broken.

This issue is supposedly being investigated but I can't see anything about this in the Official Known Issues website: https://support.forzamot...991068-FH4-Known-Issues
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:53:27 PM(UTC)

Any news about this issue?
#37 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 8:48:32 AM(UTC)
No news that I can find but after 24 days my ticket got a response,

"RetroKrystal
3 hours ago

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue?"

No trouble shooting tips or anything though, as of last night chat was still acting completely broken here.

Just a random question, are all the folks here on windows 10 / PC or is this chat problem happening to both console and PC players?
#38 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 8:21:23 PM(UTC)
So there is no voice chat or its broken? I have a chat headset and cant figure out how to talk to people
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:24:12 AM(UTC)
It’s broken. The ticket I submitted three weeks ago was useless.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:19:51 AM(UTC)
I've never heard voice chat in Horizon life, convoys, or team adventure... (PC)
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 1:38:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GreatFlea815883 Go to Quoted Post
I've never heard voice chat in Horizon life, convoys, or team adventure... (PC)

I'm in the same situation (PC)
#42 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 6:59:26 AM(UTC)
Same here
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:13:00 PM(UTC)
22.11. - Still after the last Patch (20.11.) no Voicechat. What´s up there?

Did anyone received a answere on his Ticket?
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:11:43 AM(UTC)
Well, anything? Sheesh.
I just love when developers tout their games as being so awesome, show them off, charge an arm and a leg for them and then if there is an issue that appears to be across the board with everybody they clam up and ignore everyone. Wont even, at minimum, admit there is an issue and let us know what is going on and what we can expect. Instead they sit back and watch everyone squirm trying to figure out if it is just them or not. Like they don't know this is an issue.
Classy. Thanks for your $100.....next.

I don't think it is asking too much.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:12:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:20:34 AM(UTC)
Alright guys I think I've figured it out. In the past, Xbox has seen problems with keeping up with games being released with better and better graphics, which led to the locked fps and graphics settings. The only issue is that there was still a barrier. If everyone remembers back when Black Ops 3 came out, there was oddly not much talk in the lobbies and everyone was auto-muted and if not auto-mute was a button to easily press. This was because of the limited power the Xbox one had when playing that game, and talking in game made everyone lag. I think that there is simply no plan for there to be in-game chat or lobby chat due to the lag caused by microphones on Xbox. And because PC players (who have the power to keep up with the game on higher settings) play on the same servers, they just left out the feature entirely. Its honestly not Turn10's or Forza's fault, but simply Xbox refusing to update its systems with stronger hardware, just think about it. When was the last time an actually NEW Xbox come out, remember project scorpio? HAH thats long gone now and the Xbox one X is simply a cheap scam for people who are willing to spend double the money for the some faster loading times and larger screen magnification......

If more comes of this I'll try to add it to my theory but for right now this is the best explanation I can muster. Have a good time racing everyone, and for now try to utilize quick chat best you can.

~CJ
#46 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 12:14:08 PM(UTC)

Oh, I am so very glad I'm not alone on this. I started the game for the first time a few months ago, went into online freeroam, and it was dead silent. After about 30 minutes I got to thinking "man, for a recently released game from a major franchise it sure is quiet."

There was absolutely no chatter. Like you said, nobody playing Skrillex and scream-syncing, and no dogs barking in the background (lmao all the time though). I wondered if it was because I had the game chat muted or something. I checked the audio menu and... nope... not muted. Then I thought well maybe they just took out game chat entirely and replaced it with quickchat. (That was a much more plausible explanation than everyone being silent.)

It honestly does feel strange, though. Every time I enter a team adventure, right off the line of every race and not even a second in, nothing but a band of blaring Windows XP sounds and the sound of a thousand quick chat bubbles being popped all at once. It's actually kind of refreshing. Instead of screaming and ramming, it's just absolute mayhem from the starting line. A 10 car pile up with a limousine blocking everyone in while the first and second placers scurry off into the distance.

Thinking about it that way, I do quite enjoy it. But I'd still like the option of enabling in-game chat so we don't have to convoy or party up with a bunch of random blokes from a random lobby.
#47 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2018 11:31:58 PM(UTC)
What a joke, gem game here. But MP is TERRIBLE!
#48 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 12:39:38 PM(UTC)
I'm still having the same issue too.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 4:31:55 AM(UTC)
I haven't been able to hear anyone since launch. Im on pc this is lame.
#50 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:46:55 AM(UTC)
OMG this is annoying!! I’ve played so many hours of this game on windows 10... never heard anyone online until I got in a party with some friends and then it was just annoying not having a mic/headset. So I just went out and bought a really good one today... but no you’re telling me I can’t even chat in a convoy?? Please tell me at least Xbox party chat works!
This is such a disappointment...
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error