This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
67 Pages<<656667Prev
#1651 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:51:39 PM(UTC)
I would like to see new designs of newly created cars or when I have just created a new one I would like it to be an easy and quick list to access. I think that this would encourage more people to know new jobs and not just the most downloaded or voted. So I would like a new tab in the gallery of designs with the latest works.
 1 user liked this post.
#1652 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:17:24 PM(UTC)
Option to use own music?

I know I can disable the in-game music and use my own, but I mean so that it would play as the soundtrack.

There's very few songs in the game, that I actually like, and they're distributed between radio stations (Pulse being the least annoying, funny that I'm a rock/metal guy but find the music on rock radio mostly intolerable)
#1653 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:52:25 PM(UTC)
it needs the same sort of hub as on forza motorsport 7 with the car collection and menu layout, infact put every car from motorsport into horizon..., i feel everything apart from the actual map/driving about on horizon 4 is just a bit overwhelming to look at, ive not played motorsport for a while infact i didnt even own it but i just installed it again and did a 33gb update, and all i can say is wow, ill be playing more motorsport 7 over horizon, horizon also needs to be like grand theft auto 5
#1654 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 1:48:38 AM(UTC)
On the Forzacentral forum, a bunch of people where comparing the houses from TDU and Forza. I understand that this a completely different game.
However, there were made interesting points of small changes that could make the game more enjoyable.

Small improvements
- Give Fairlawn Manor a drive way, Its just a bit strange that is has not any.
- Open the gates of Castleview Road
idea dlc
- All the houses are typically British and slightly old. which is not a problem. However, it would be nice to have some modern/luxurious houses including driveways. This will blend in with the dozens of modern and luxurious cars that are in the game.

Me and my friend love photographing, we are always looking awesome spots to photograph. Its hard to find a more modernistic and luxurious geographical surroundings in the current map.

Just an suggestion for the upcoming expansion DLC (location).

#1655 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 5:08:41 AM(UTC)
I want to ds3 racing
#1656 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 5:55:15 AM(UTC)
The Forza Horizon needs a regressive timer system for those who cut paths, for example: whoever leaves the track and stays for more than 5 seconds activates a countdown timer, whoever goes beyond this limit goes back to the checkpoint
 1 user liked this post.
#1657 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 6:01:02 AM(UTC)
1. I would like to be able to skip all of the cut scenes. I find them to be an irritating waste of time (especially after I have endured them for the first time).

2. I would like to be able to skip the prancing/dancing/in your face celebrations at the end of all races.

3. I would like to be able to turn off (ie set the sound level to zero) for all music ALL of the time, including cut scenes, start and end of races, menus, whenever I approach a festival or crowd, as well as all the talking by the actors in the game. I find both of these categories to be very annoying. I know I can mute my system, but then I can't hear my cars' engines, tires, etc etc.

1 user liked this post.
#1658 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 10:57:42 AM(UTC)
More exterior choices (body kits, mirrors, exhaust, livery shapes on glass surfaces), let use change the offset of wheels (change the wheel face profile/lip size accordingly).

We should be able to adjust downforce with any exterior choices for the wing and front by adding on a universal front splitter or a rear diffuser. Tired of being locked to visually having the ugly baby canards on the front with the dated gt wing on the rear for 4dr and 2dr....hatches it's passable on some. Please as I really enjoy this series and will continue to support it. Hell I'd even buy exterior add on dlc in the form of more kits and wheels.
 3 users liked this post.
#1659 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:28:44 AM(UTC)
My list of wishes and bug reports...

Wishes...

When I am in freeroam and I click to get into a car, don't ask me 'do you want to have this car delivered to you'. Remove this redundant step and just assume that yes, I do want it 'delivered', of course.

Show freeroam rush destination on mini-map at all times like GTA, with a marker on the outer edge of the mini-map, and higher in sky. Easy to lose track of it and get lost when it is obscured by trees or higher terrain.

When you roll over, don't reset the car unless I ask for it manually. Cars reset much too quickly now. And when they do, they often reset a very long way back. So one roll over can ruin your whole race.

Let us turn the music volume to zero, not 1.

Let us change the music volume for ALL music, not just the radio. That means including pre- and post- race screens etc. Either let the music volume control this music too, or add another option for the volume of this music, which also goes from zero to 10, not 1 to 10.

Remove freeroam rush from online play, OR at least remove it from road and street races, OR leave it in, but don't have it affect the outcome of the championship, ie. you don't get championsihp points for it, but instead it determines the grid positions for the next race. But the best thing would be to remove it altogether.

Give us a choice of classes and race types in online races.

Remove the redundant auction house alerts. At the moment you are always notified in two places, and when you have deleted one, you must delete the other manually. Bad design.

Remove the auction house benefits for 'legendary' painters which simply serves to reward those who got the game early and/or spam multiple single colour paint jobs for common cars. Badly imagined system which is best consigned to the dustbin. Benefits a few people and annoys the majority.

Overhaul the auction house. Don't make us manually and laboriously claim each car, or credits. Let us relist or DELETE cars which haven't sold, without having to reclaim then, then laboriously find them again in the garage and relist or delete them.

If there is no desire to fix the multiple problems with the auction house, I suggest removing it altogether. I don't think it will be missed by many, in its current state.

Livery editor: adopt the extra features that FM7 has, for example where you can flip vinyl groups horizontally and vertically.

Wheelspins: when we win a car, tell us if it's a duplicate. Whether it is or it isn't a duplicate, give us the option there and then to take CR for it instead of having the car. Or simply to decline it right there. This saves us having to laboriously find the inevitable unwanted or duplicate cars we win, in the garage, and sell or delete them.

Placement of checkpoint flags on some tracks could be improved and widened to avoid the chance of accidentally missing a checkpoint, or being forced to miss by another player.

Allow cosmetic damage to be disabled for online races, because otherwise cockpit view is rendered unusable when you take heavy damage such as from being rammed or hitting a tree (both common occurrences) and your view is obscured by the damage.

Overhaul replays, they are very lacking and have seen little or no improvement for multiple iterations of the game. Try copying the likes of Gran Turismo Sport or Project CARS 2, both of which have excellent replays and can be considered the current gold standard. Also let us save replays.

The online ranking points system needs explaining and preferably improving so that you don't ever lose points for performing well, even if your opponents are ranked well below you, which is not your fault; you can only beat who the game puts you up against.

Tone down the rain. It rains too much and even when it isn't raining, the road is still often very wet with much reduced grip.

Remove the shaking wipers / spoilers / mirrors - this badly exaggerated effect has been unfortunately copied from FM7. Or give us the option to disable it, then everyone is happy.

Reinstate class rivals like FH3 had.

Implement hand over hand and full steering wheel rotation, games like Assetto Corsa show this can be done with a gamepad.

Allow us to zoom out of the map more so we can see the whole world on screen at once.

When we select filters on the map, don't keep overriding them and resetting it back to display everything, because I won another event, or for whatever reason. If the player has gone to the trouble to set manual filters, respect the player's choice.

Allow us to skip the cut scenes in 'stories', at least after hearing it for the first time.

Improve engine sounds, previous iterations of game were better.

When matchmaking is established for an online race, don't destroy my skill score by showing the 'broken' animation like you get if you've hit something. Players often have to wait a while during matchmaking and will naturally drive around amassing points. The game currently punishes you by taking these points rather than awarding you them. Must be an oversight and I assume an easy fix.

Have an icon to show if a car has offroad / winter tyres or not, all year round. Currently only shows this when current season is winter.

Allow us to remove barn find cars from our garage, and/or to list them at auction for as low a price as we want.

Some bugs...

Wrong finishing positions in online races sometimes, and standing by wrong car. You can finish clearly ahead of another car, but it is placed ahead of you in the results screen. Also, on the podium screen, your avatar will be shown standing by the other person's car, and vice versa.

Falling through the world. This has happened to me in free roam and during an online race. In one online cross country race at Edinburgh castle both myself and a team mate went over a jump, the other player landed on top of me and pushed me 'out of the world' where my car fell in space for a few seconds, before the game reset me on top of the castle where there are artillery, from where I could not progress. I had to manually reset, which the put me right at the top of a ramp, where I was forced to reverse a long way to get enough speed. If I took it slower, I would fall into a position I couldn't get out of. Basically this one bug forced me from 2nd to last and ended my race.

Skills message stays on screen for long periods sometimes. Solution is to restart game. This has happened to me a few times now.

Some vinyls on some cars very misaligned or cut off in-game, but do line up and display correctly when viewed in the editor, or in photo mode.

Completely wrong paint colours shown on some cars in the thumbnails in garage or auction house, compared to actual colour.

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2019 11:58:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1660 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:30:25 AM(UTC)
Can you guys add the Ford Crown Vic and a Ford Explorer both to the auto show with the police package option. Also a option to add police lights on those vehicles along with the Dodge Charger. One last thing is in the auction house can you put a option to retry a auction for a vehicle that didnt sell through action options instead of having to start all over again.

Thank you
#1661 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:39:26 AM(UTC)
There are some very sensible suggestions here on this thread...hopefully the devs are reading through them...though I understand that fixes are not always as simple as they seem.

My only additional point/question is whether we will be getting any more playground games arenas....I was bummed to see there was not at least one on Fortune Island....but a fresh space in which to do those events would be great! (and again, in my mind this seems relatively simple but likely is a bit tougher than I think).

Thanks for an absolutely stunning game otherwise
Steve
 1 user liked this post.
#1662 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 12:40:33 PM(UTC)
Textured vinyl would be good ie gloss, matte and chrome
Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
 1 user liked this post.
#1663 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 6:22:10 PM(UTC)
Remove freeroam rush from the game.

Rework adventures. I want unranked adventures to be an endless lobby where we can continually vote for what type of race/class to do next.
My suggestions for unranked adventure:
- Allow us to queue for certain classes (D - S2), and choose what discipline(s) we want (Road, Street, Dirt, CC).
- Remove freeroam rush and replace it with two or more races (the current adventures playlists have 3 races and 2 FRRs). It's possible for a playlist to fit more, but I think 5 races is the sweet spot. Freeroam rush isn't fun. I strongly believe that most people would prefer a regular sprint/circuit over it. They're more competitive, with better racing moments. It's detrimental to game balance (AWD is by far the strongest over RWD/FWD now) and the amount of variance (dodging trees, flipping your car etc.) makes it for a volatile and unfun experience. It also takes little to no driving skill (in a game that should reward it, and is made more fun by it).
- After playing through the championship/playlist, allow the lobby to vote for what the next playlist will look like. E.g. Vote for the next class, and then the next discipline(?). OR let the lobby be dedicated to a discipline and only vote for the next class and playlist. For example, allow people to vote between all possible classes, then present several different playlists (could be four playlists, one for each season, each displaying the tracks?). I think 2 circuits and 3 sprints is a good mix/balance, but some small variance would be appreciated.
- At the end of the day, the unranked adventure experience needs to allow players to race what they want to race. Having to queue over, and over, and over, to find a road/street lobby because the game only offers you dirt/cross country is simply unacceptable. You have a matchmaking system which aggregates players together but gives them no say in what they can play. It's poor design (something that plagues this game).

I understand that the way you design the unranked adventure experience can be very difficult when you try to account for giving players choice - especially given the number of variables that need to be accounted for (race discipline, classes, seasons, weather, track choice, whether the lobby should be discipline-focused or to let it change), but allowing players to do what they actually want to do will keep them playing your game for the long run. The current iteration is a frustrating exercise for those who just want to race a specific discipline, and it's greatly damaging to the longevity and playability of the game. As long as players can choose what they want to do - then I'd call it a success.

For ranked adventures, freeroam rush should absolutely be removed, and replaced by two races. Either that, or do not let it count for points and instead let it dictate starting positions for the next race. It should not weigh as much as a proper race in a competitive racing environment.

And yes, remove freeroam rush from the game.

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2019 6:24:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1664 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 6:09:58 AM(UTC)
Please add online adventure for single player games or some other way to get into a king, infected and flag rush that would be a full lobby for single player.
67 Pages<<656667Prev

Notification

Icon
Error