This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
33 Pages<<313233Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#801 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:32:34 PM(UTC)
The few people who posted clips with good audio of what the cars in question should sound like,

I'll contribute here.

Bugatti Chiron (on-board sound. Video from Shmee150): https://youtu.be/68w1OEmLWio?t=1120
Bugatti Chiron (acceleration sound. Video from Goodwood Road & Racing): https://youtu.be/l72RwtrprCg
Bugatti Chiron (startup, idle, and exhaust. Video from Saabkyle04): https://youtu.be/KX3UuRSHHSA?t=128

Mercedes-AMG GT S and GT R (out-board driving. Using the GT C as reference, but both cars mentioned should sound close. Video by YOUCAR): https://youtu.be/Alvsc0z4n6Q?t=3
Mercedes-AMG GT S and GT R (on-board driving. Again, using the GT C as reference. Video by AutoTopNL): https://youtu.be/6rw-JmOk0O0
Mercedes-AMG GT S and GT R (start-up, idle. and drive. Once more, using the GT C as reference. Video by Remove Before Race): https://youtu.be/YUqDaOoBQAs?t=17

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (startup, idle, and exhaust. Video from Saabkyle04): https://youtu.be/vQMZ8XQhLGg?t=128
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (on-board driving. Video from Saabkyle04): https://youtu.be/GmivwIVePF8?t=694

2018 Ford Mustang GT (startup, idle, revs, exhaust note, and drive-by. Video by Games&Gears.): https://youtu.be/7LE3D-G8v1c?t=15
2018 Ford Mustang GT (on-board drive. Video shows a '15 Mustang. Same generation, same engine. Video by Lets Drive.): https://youtu.be/Zu1JO5HcmTA

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:50:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Ford Mustang GT.

3 users liked this post.
#802 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:07:23 PM(UTC)
We're all talking to a wall. Nobody is listening to us. It's pointless to keep this thread going when they obviously don't care about what the customer thinks.
 2 users liked this post.
#803 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:34:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Get2ThaCHOPPA24 Go to Quoted Post
We're all talking to a wall. Nobody is listening to us. It's pointless to keep this thread going when they obviously don't care about what the customer thinks.

I know, right?

With all the red tape and radio silence, no wonder why us fans aren't getting what we've been asking for 😕🤷‍♀️

By the way, did you like those samples I provided?
 1 user liked this post.
#804 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 12:43:07 AM(UTC)

Its sad because its true..
Very unsatisfying for car enthusiasts.
 1 user liked this post.
#805 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:45:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurunceNK Go to Quoted Post

I know, right?

With all the red tape and radio silence, no wonder why us fans aren't getting what we've been asking for 😕🤷‍♀️

By the way, did you like those samples I provided?

Yes I did but sadly it just shows how horrible and lazy forza 7 and horizon 4 has become. They are more interested in adding dances than fixing car sounds.
 1 user liked this post.
#806 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:40:46 AM(UTC)

Maybe I'm cynical, but why would they rework FH4's audio when they can sell it as a new feature in FH5? :-/

1 user liked this post.
#807 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:15:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post

Maybe I'm cynical, but why would they rework FH4's audio when they can sell it as a new feature in FH5? :-/

I thought the same thing before. I preordered forza 7 ultimate edition. I was extremely disappointed by the car sounds. I've only played it a handful of times. The only reason I haven't sold it is that it's the steel book edition. I thought they would definitely have the car sounds fixed in horizon 4 and preordered it too. Due to the direction forza is going and the lack of them listening to their fanbase, I wont pre order or buy forza anymore until the sounds are better and by better I mean damn near REALISTIC. They have no excuse and haven't even tried to give us an excuse on why the engine and exhaust audio is severely poor. I've already sold my copy of horizon 4.
 4 users liked this post.
#808 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:51:43 AM(UTC)

I thought the same thing before. I preordered forza 7 ultimate edition. I was extremely disappointed by the car sounds. I've only played it a handful of times. The only reason I haven't sold it is that it's the steel book edition. I thought they would definitely have the car sounds fixed in horizon 4 and preordered it too. Due to the direction forza is going and the lack of them listening to their fanbase, I wont pre order or buy forza anymore until the sounds are better and by better I mean damn near REALISTIC. They have no excuse and haven't even tried to give us an excuse on why the engine and exhaust audio is severely poor. I've already sold my copy of horizon 4.

They need some competition in the market. A mature open world racer with realistic engine sounds, forced induction sounds, exhaust notes etc with a semi to wholly realistic handling model with realistic roads would blow Horizon away.

Just waiting for Gran Turismo to step up or NFS to have a change of direction and I think I'd leave Horizon for good. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Only then would T10/Playground start concentrating on things like engine sounds, when it starts to hit their pockets.
 1 user liked this post.
#809 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:36:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnvyingCrown638 Go to Quoted Post

They need some competition in the market. A mature open world racer with realistic engine sounds, forced induction sounds, exhaust notes etc with a semi to wholly realistic handling model with realistic roads would blow Horizon away.

Just waiting for Gran Turismo to step up or NFS to have a change of direction and I think I'd leave Horizon for good. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Only then would T10/Playground start concentrating on things like engine sounds, when it starts to hit their pockets.

Couldn't agree more!
#810 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:46:26 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM}

Does anyone else find it sad that the 2018 TVR Griffith sounds so much better than the car it shares a motor with. For those of you who don't know it the same 5.0l Coyote motor found in the 2018 Ford Mustang GT.

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2019 10:52:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#811 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 12:22:25 AM(UTC)
21 weeks into the game’s lifetime and no proper response from the team regarding the severe and disturbing engine sound problems. There is no need to reiterate that this is a huge flaw of the game as over thirty pages of this thread are full of complaints not only about the problem itself but also about the lack of attention and responses from the team. Sure, Retro occasionally checks in trying to reassure us, that the team is aware of the issue and that we should submit tickets in order for our complaints to be heard. Yet, update after update we get no correction of the engine sounds and worst of all, absolutely no word of it in the release notes and by now it seems like they’re actively avoiding the topic in the Forza-Monthly livestream.
After the franchise had such a good start with the first two
iterations of the games being true masterpieces of the racing genre, I feel as if the studio should be a lot more motivated to keep that solid reputation up but it’s being damaged heavily by this issue and their way of dealing with their customers regarding the matter.
I strongly advise them to not go down this path which might lead them to have a consistent high turnover for a foreseeable amount of time, but ends up with them having a huge problem with customer satisfaction which leaves a nice open space for competitors to jump into the genre of realistic open world racing and simply produce a better, more complete game than Forza.
Don’t ignore your customers. That should be rule no. 1 for every company!
#812 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 2:49:06 AM(UTC)
Well, the sound isn't solely defined by the engine itself. The new Supra and the Z4 share the same engine but don't sound identical either.

Maybe the Griffith just sounds better/more meaty irl too, I don't know. Haven't seen one yet.
The car in general is an awesome additon to the game. If only it had wider rear tires it could be at the top of S1 class. Same goes for the Tuscan on A.
#813 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 3:29:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leoconstantin Go to Quoted Post
21 weeks into the game’s lifetime and no proper response from the team regarding the severe and disturbing engine sound problems. There is no need to reiterate that this is a huge flaw of the game as over thirty pages of this thread are full of complaints not only about the problem itself but also about the lack of attention and responses from the team. Sure, Retro occasionally checks in trying to reassure us, that the team is aware of the issue and that we should submit tickets in order for our complaints to be heard. Yet, update after update we get no correction of the engine sounds and worst of all, absolutely no word of it in the release notes and by now it seems like they’re actively avoiding the topic in the Forza-Monthly livestream.
After the franchise had such a good start with the first two
iterations of the games being true masterpieces of the racing genre, I feel as if the studio should be a lot more motivated to keep that solid reputation up but it’s being damaged heavily by this issue and their way of dealing with their customers regarding the matter.
I strongly advise them to not go down this path which might lead them to have a consistent high turnover for a foreseeable amount of time, but ends up with them having a huge problem with customer satisfaction which leaves a nice open space for competitors to jump into the genre of realistic open world racing and simply produce a better, more complete game than Forza.
Don’t ignore your customers. That should be rule no. 1 for every company!

Agree
#814 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 8:00:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Well, the sound isn't solely defined by the engine itself. The new Supra and the Z4 share the same engine but don't sound identical either.

Maybe the Griffith just sounds better/more meaty irl too, I don't know. Haven't seen one yet.
The car in general is an awesome additon to the game. If only it had wider rear tires it could be at the top of S1 class. Same goes for the Tuscan on A.

This and well maybe they just used the correct sample for the Griffith but they didn't for the Mustang.
#815 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 8:02:55 AM(UTC)
The TVR Griffith sounds awesome IRL ... I should qualify that with the original Griffith sounds awesome ...

like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8NTTwipfA

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2019 8:08:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#816 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 8:52:16 AM(UTC)
It is also worth nothing the Griffith uses a modified version of the engine.
#817 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 10:35:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mitch Blalock Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone else find it sad that the 2018 TVR Griffith sounds so much better than the car it shares a motor with. For those of you who don't know it the same 5.0l Coyote motor found in the 2018 Ford Mustang GT.

This is actually the "proper" sound for the Mustang GT rather than the one the 2018 Mustang uses. It's also used (incorrectly) in the 2016 Shelby GT350R.

Pitch is lower than the rpm BTW, so it's definitely not perfect and needs work.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#818 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 3:18:11 PM(UTC)
I had hope that they'd fixed the Viper with this update considering it's part of that new story line, but nope, still sounds horribly off.
#819 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 8:18:22 PM(UTC)
Go drive the normal ZL1 and you know where the Griffith sound comes from.
33 Pages<<313233Prev

Notification

Icon
Error