This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<567Prev
#151 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 11:17:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TCU FROGS 195 Go to Quoted Post
The drivitars are driving the exact same as in summer, they don't suffer the weather effects like me. Overall, I was really enjoying the game but forcing seasons down my throat then racing against AI that the weather CLEARLY doesn't effect is extremely frustrating... Is anyone investigating this?

Yes Driveavatars dont suffer from weather.

#152 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:27:31 AM(UTC)
Is it just me, or are those little Spring puddles of water that sit on the inside of the corners just annoying?
#153 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:52:14 AM(UTC)
Welcome to the unique road condition of spring. Puddles and cold tires. Fall has leaves and and rain. Is supposed to be annoying. Seasonal road hazard like snow :-). So annoying, but also interesting.
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 6:35:00 PM(UTC)
Always seems an issue with video game design. You make a cool effect and want to make sure no one misses it so you spam the effect (or npc animation) constantly reducing it's overall effectiveness. I'm over here trying to test my car and seems every 5 seconds goes from raining to clear to raining to clear. People play this game for at least an hour or 30 minutes at a time minimum. Give the weather some breathing room :).
#155 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 8:54:38 PM(UTC)
I think it all goes by a bit too fast. There is too little night and too much day, even in winter plus as you said, weather is there, and then gone. I would like to see a longer night cause it is interesting and enjoyable to drive in with some great visuals, but it just is too short to really enjoy it.

And weather. I would like when it is raining to be able to enjoy it, get the feel for it, etc. But of course some might not like the loss of flat out. There just isn't the feeling of those UK Atlantic stores though
#156 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:05:44 AM(UTC)
Definitely over done, but FM7 was the same too.

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:28:38 AM(UTC)
You guys obviously don't live in the UK where the weather can change multiple times a day. IRL its sunny outside just now but it'll probably get cloudy and start raining in a few hours. In the game a full day is only about half an hour so if it were realistic the weather should change more often than it actually does
#158 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 7:15:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post
You guys obviously don't live in the UK where the weather can change multiple times a day. IRL its sunny outside just now but it'll probably get cloudy and start raining in a few hours. In the game a full day is only about half an hour so if it were realistic the weather should change more often than it actually does

Perhaps but if you are linking everything to time of day that would mean everything is in fast forward (animals etc). I think it works better picking and choosing things like weather to be slower than cycle.
 1 user liked this post.
#159 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 7:22:20 AM(UTC)
It does - I wish it were more gradual or perhaps a setting where we can select day/night and weather progression.

It's just too fast which seems kinda goofy.
 1 user liked this post.
#160 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 8:06:08 AM(UTC)
Why is it that every race you do in Spring the track is absolutely water logged. This isn't so much an issue with off-roading but with the road racing series its ridiculous. Now I live in the UK and it doesn't rain every single day in fact it is one of the driest times of the year. The Autumn is the wettest so shouldn't that be when it rains the most. Regardless of what season has the highest rainfall every race shouldn't be on a wet track its tedious. Also a little side issue is the AI don't seem to be affected by wet conditions making racing in Spring a particular challenge and an unfair balance.
#161 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 8:18:53 AM(UTC)
I predict they will now tell you to go get an AWD car and learn how to drive.
 1 user liked this post.
#162 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 10:22:41 AM(UTC)
May I suggest getting an AWD car and learning to drive in the wet? ;0) (said/typed with tongue firmly in cheek/keyboard)
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#163 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 10:30:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DisturbedUKR90 Go to Quoted Post
I predict they will now tell you to go get an AWD car and learn how to drive.

Or wait until summer and hope for drier roads. That's what I'm doing for some of the speed-traps and story missions.

#164 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 10:51:58 AM(UTC)
I find it doesnt rain very much in the spring, and going by water in fields, etc. I figured it was spring melt water.

I it does seem the AI is affected by rain. I was in second place and in a sharp corner, it did slide into a wall. Though it still bothers me that they are too good, most notable in bumps and pumps.

I dont get what it is, but sometimes the roads just feel too slick with. With tuning is handlable, but bothers me when they drive over bumps and minor jumps without control issues. Most notable when if you clip, they can stop and control while they are sideways, but a tickle of your back quarter then suddenly all hope is lost in the wet.

One thing I did find? Dont underestimate bone stock suspension. Never touch the sport suspension or swaybars if building to class. They are too stiff and even a fwd has problems. Keep it soft unless doing speed and hypercar runs or other routings that are obstacle free. When you build for S1, then skip sport stuff and go full race, then serious tuning to get that RWD right.

It took a lot of work to get a rwd donklevoort to run well in the rain, but still a handful. I much prefer AWD understeer to RWD oversteer
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error