This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
24 Pages<<222324Prev
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#576 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 12:11:42 PM(UTC)
The cost of an auction is pretty high. I just tested it out, and sold a car for 5 Million, and the cost taken off me was 700,000 which seems pretty high.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#577 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 5:14:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
The cost of an auction is pretty high. I just tested it out, and sold a car for 5 Million, and the cost taken off me was 700,000 which seems pretty high.


On the other hand, a car that sells for 20M will probably have a quarter or so of that taken away as a fee, so PG has probably done that to try and deter "legendary" sellers from scalping cars.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#578 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:13:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
The cost of an auction is pretty high. I just tested it out, and sold a car for 5 Million, and the cost taken off me was 700,000 which seems pretty high.


On the other hand, a car that sells for 20M will probably have a quarter or so of that taken away as a fee, so PG has probably done that to try and deter "legendary" sellers from scalping cars.


Flaws showing up in the legendary status, attempts to correct those flaws. If you put an auction into a game you should want the auction to behave as an auction.
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#579 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 4:55:52 AM(UTC)
The AH should never have been used as a "reward" for painters. If someone wants to buy a certain car, they shouldn't get raked over the coals because certain people are highly skilled in the paint booth. The disparity between prices for us regular folk and the legendary people is insane. Take the Aventador FE for example; a Joe Schmoe can sell it for about 700K while a legendary can push that up to 20M. So the legendary folks buy them all up as fast as they can be posted at the normal folks top rate and relist them for 20m leaving car collectors out to dry.

There are a couple of things to do to combat this however. One is limiting AH action. There is a limit on how many auctions one can post but that is a joke and only stops players from posting all of the duplicates we win in wheelspins. Remember in FH3 when you won a duplicate you were asked if you wanted to sell it or keep it? Seems like a fairly serious oversight to not have included that... Anyway, if there is going to be a limit, it should be on how many auctions can be bought in a given time frame so that the posted auctions will have a better chance of being spread among more of the players.

Another option, and my favorite, is that a 'Paint Shop' is opened and THAT is where paint jobs are sold. The seller must own at least one of the car the paint is for so they can 'display' the design and then they can decide how much to sell the paint job for without the car being included. Then the paint is locked and cannot be put in the AH by anyone other than the creator. This way, painters can get their status and people who want to collect the actual cars can get them in the AH for reasonable prices.

This whole AH system is garbage though. The set pricing is ridiculous and the menus are some of the clunkiest I have ever experienced. The AH is where I spend the majority of my time in Forza games and I honestly would rather they just removed it again instead of pushing this atrocity on us. It seriously seems like the designers don't even play the games or test them out in any manner. An example of this, and I apologize because it isn't AH related but it IS a perfect example, is in the paint booth when you are trying to look all around the car, there are angles where the little decorative light pole fixtures around the area get in the way. It would make sense that if the designers had even tested this part of the game, they would have seen this and fixed it. The other option is worse though. Maybe they DID see it and actively chose not to fix it...

Oh well. It is what it is. And they clearly have no intention of changing things so we'll just have to play this game until it's all used up and then find another game to play. This is twice in a row that Forza has burned the consumers and the reality is that the next Forza release will be the worst selling in the franchise history because they continue to push their core base away. So much so that they aren't even releasing FM8 next year. They say it has to do with hardware release schedules and such but that is just smoke and mirrors, plenty of titles release on dual gen hardware together. In fact, that is actually better for the title as they can claim even greater sales numbers because of this. The sales are slipping. FH4 is touted as having 7m players but what they don't say is that when it is played by a GT on a console, they count ALL GTs on the console as players so the numbers are very bloated and misleading. Physical sales in the first week, which we know are nearly 50% of a games sales, were only 600k worldwide. Yes there are digital sales and yes there is the GamePass segment but if you think those numbers all add up to 7m, you're either crazy or work for T10/PG.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#580 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:16:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rebfig Go to Quoted Post
The AH should never have been used as a "reward" for painters. If someone wants to buy a certain car, they shouldn't get raked over the coals because certain people are highly skilled in the paint booth. The disparity between prices for us regular folk and the legendary people is insane. Take the Aventador FE for example; a Joe Schmoe can sell it for about 700K while a legendary can push that up to 20M. So the legendary folks buy them all up as fast as they can be posted at the normal folks top rate and relist them for 20m leaving car collectors out to dry.

There are a couple of things to do to combat this however. One is limiting AH action. There is a limit on how many auctions one can post but that is a joke and only stops players from posting all of the duplicates we win in wheelspins. Remember in FH3 when you won a duplicate you were asked if you wanted to sell it or keep it? Seems like a fairly serious oversight to not have included that... Anyway, if there is going to be a limit, it should be on how many auctions can be bought in a given time frame so that the posted auctions will have a better chance of being spread among more of the players.

Another option, and my favorite, is that a 'Paint Shop' is opened and THAT is where paint jobs are sold. The seller must own at least one of the car the paint is for so they can 'display' the design and then they can decide how much to sell the paint job for without the car being included. Then the paint is locked and cannot be put in the AH by anyone other than the creator. This way, painters can get their status and people who want to collect the actual cars can get them in the AH for reasonable prices.

This whole AH system is garbage though. The set pricing is ridiculous and the menus are some of the clunkiest I have ever experienced. The AH is where I spend the majority of my time in Forza games and I honestly would rather they just removed it again instead of pushing this atrocity on us. It seriously seems like the designers don't even play the games or test them out in any manner. An example of this, and I apologize because it isn't AH related but it IS a perfect example, is in the paint booth when you are trying to look all around the car, there are angles where the little decorative light pole fixtures around the area get in the way. It would make sense that if the designers had even tested this part of the game, they would have seen this and fixed it. The other option is worse though. Maybe they DID see it and actively chose not to fix it...

Oh well. It is what it is. And they clearly have no intention of changing things so we'll just have to play this game until it's all used up and then find another game to play. This is twice in a row that Forza has burned the consumers and the reality is that the next Forza release will be the worst selling in the franchise history because they continue to push their core base away. So much so that they aren't even releasing FM8 next year. They say it has to do with hardware release schedules and such but that is just smoke and mirrors, plenty of titles release on dual gen hardware together. In fact, that is actually better for the title as they can claim even greater sales numbers because of this. The sales are slipping. FH4 is touted as having 7m players but what they don't say is that when it is played by a GT on a console, they count ALL GTs on the console as players so the numbers are very bloated and misleading. Physical sales in the first week, which we know are nearly 50% of a games sales, were only 600k worldwide. Yes there are digital sales and yes there is the GamePass segment but if you think those numbers all add up to 7m, you're either crazy or work for T10/PG.



You don't get rewarded as a painter, you only get rewarded if you were one of the first people to buy the game. I'm a painter, it's impossible to get to legendary status. Plain cars do better than real designs. What really happened was that the game was not thought out properly.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 6:17:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#581 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:49:07 AM(UTC)
I'd rather have revised and revamped finishes than car designs at all.

Why are aluminum and steel finishes after camo in the special finishes list? Who uses camo more than aluminum? And why is aluminum polished still so mirrory? I think it's the Advan RG2s that have the exact same finish as aluminum polished.. with less "perfect mirror" effect, helping to preserve the appearance of shape and depth in the wheel's mesh.

There's a finish many stock cars have that isn't gloss, or semigloss, or metal flake. It's some type of two-tone, with more depth and pop than gloss, and brighter than two-tone polished. Why can't we use that finish for custom colors?!
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#582 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 6:49:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rebfig Go to Quoted Post

There are a couple of things to do to combat this however. One is limiting AH action. There is a limit on how many auctions one can post but that is a joke and only stops players from posting all of the duplicates we win in wheelspins. Remember in FH3 when you won a duplicate you were asked if you wanted to sell it or keep it? Seems like a fairly serious oversight to not have included that... Anyway, if there is going to be a limit, it should be on how many auctions can be bought in a given time frame so that the posted auctions will have a better chance of being spread among more of the players.



Actually there is allready limit how many cars you can buy per 24 hours. when i browse AH it's pretty allways few same guys that are selling cars at 20m (and i think it's safe to bet that those people use that just to sell credits) But i agree that current system is worst that i have see any game and i would love to see that auction house would see total overhaul.

@AquaPainter168 While i agree that getting game early was huge benefit and orginal system how tunes and designs was showed was really terrible, it's still possible to get legendary status, some guys have done that in even less than two weeks when they know how to take all benefit of current system.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#583 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:24:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rebfig Go to Quoted Post

There are a couple of things to do to combat this however. One is limiting AH action. There is a limit on how many auctions one can post but that is a joke and only stops players from posting all of the duplicates we win in wheelspins. Remember in FH3 when you won a duplicate you were asked if you wanted to sell it or keep it? Seems like a fairly serious oversight to not have included that... Anyway, if there is going to be a limit, it should be on how many auctions can be bought in a given time frame so that the posted auctions will have a better chance of being spread among more of the players.



Actually there is allready limit how many cars you can buy per 24 hours. when i browse AH it's pretty allways few same guys that are selling cars at 20m (and i think it's safe to bet that those people use that just to sell credits) But i agree that current system is worst that i have see any game and i would love to see that auction house would see total overhaul.

@AquaPainter168 While i agree that getting game early was huge benefit and orginal system how tunes and designs was showed was really terrible, it's still possible to get legendary status, some guys have done that in even less than two weeks when they know how to take all benefit of current system.


Yes they did it with regular paints. It take 2 weeks to make two good designs, so only two cars in two weeks will not make you legendary. Anyone can make regular paint jobs without being an artist.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 7:25:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#584 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:13:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rebfig Go to Quoted Post

There are a couple of things to do to combat this however. One is limiting AH action. There is a limit on how many auctions one can post but that is a joke and only stops players from posting all of the duplicates we win in wheelspins. Remember in FH3 when you won a duplicate you were asked if you wanted to sell it or keep it? Seems like a fairly serious oversight to not have included that... Anyway, if there is going to be a limit, it should be on how many auctions can be bought in a given time frame so that the posted auctions will have a better chance of being spread among more of the players.



Actually there is allready limit how many cars you can buy per 24 hours. when i browse AH it's pretty allways few same guys that are selling cars at 20m (and i think it's safe to bet that those people use that just to sell credits) But i agree that current system is worst that i have see any game and i would love to see that auction house would see total overhaul.

@AquaPainter168 While i agree that getting game early was huge benefit and orginal system how tunes and designs was showed was really terrible, it's still possible to get legendary status, some guys have done that in even less than two weeks when they know how to take all benefit of current system.


I didn't know there was a limit on purchases. I've never run into it and I've bought several cars in the space of only an hour or two before. I guess I just squeezed by the time/quantity limit there.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#585 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:48:03 PM(UTC)
There is even a limit on how many you can post within a given time. YET, we dont know what that time is. I wish they'd include a timer of some kind
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#586 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:57:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
There is even a limit on how many you can post within a given time. YET, we dont know what that time is. I wish they'd include a timer of some kind


I was told 20 cars in 24 Hours can be sold in Auction.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#587 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:59:22 PM(UTC)
It's 25 in a 24 hour period. I've listed 25 cars at a time more than once.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#588 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:12:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
There is even a limit on how many you can post within a given time. YET, we dont know what that time is. I wish they'd include a timer of some kind


I was told 20 cars in 24 Hours can be sold in Auction.



Okay 20 in 24, no matter whether they are re-posts or not. I thought it was by how many actually sell in 24 hours
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#589 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:16:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
There is even a limit on how many you can post within a given time. YET, we dont know what that time is. I wish they'd include a timer of some kind


I was told 20 cars in 24 Hours can be sold in Auction.



Okay 20 in 24, no matter whether they are re-posts or not. I thought it was by how many actually sell in 24 hours


Some of mine didn't sell it was still 20.... I think.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 2:17:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

24 Pages<<222324Prev

Notification

Icon
Error