This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages<<101112Prev
#276 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:16:15 AM(UTC)
If you do decide to do this in one sitting, don't switch cars.

I did a few million, then switch to a car so I could race for a bit. When I came back, the total was reset.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 1 user liked this post.
#277 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:32:08 AM(UTC)
Where have I heard of this issue before? Im almost positive I read something about this, maybe just once, but I know this subject is here somewhere.

Ah well, I guess 50 new threads on the exact same topic is a masterful thing. That way anyone who wants to help can post the same thing, over and over and over.......
 1 user liked this post.
#278 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:37:57 AM(UTC)
You guys complain A LOT!

Just buy the house that unlocks Skills Songs, grab the Landrover FE, unlock it's perks (will not list it) and go to:

- Express Railyard
- Greendale Airstrip
- Railroad between Bamburgh Castle and Edinburgh (hardest one)
- Sand Dunes

You can get this done in less than 1 hour.
 1 user liked this post.
#279 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:31:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToranBlackwater Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: R0ckstar90G Go to Quoted Post
Hey, So for the last challenge of the winter weekly you need to get 7 million, well everytime I get off the game and get back on it my score for it either goes down or just now completely reseted. Am I expected to do this in one sitting?!?! Fix your game please for this is really stupid.

haven't read any tips or clear answers yet, so here we go:
- you don't have to do it in one go (and you shouldn't)
- points are accumulated, though there seems to be trouble when switching Horizon Life seasons (lost a few million points this way)
- best to do this in solo mode over the course of a few days (not so many left)
- Don't aim higher than 480,000 points per chain, at that point you get the maximum of 10 skill points per skill chain. More is a waste
- Use a car that features skill boosts (preferable Forza Editions) and unlock all the skill boosts in car masteries it can give - buy the land rover in Forzathon Shop if you haven't a better one.
- make sure to have bought the Huntman's Lodge for 750,000 credits. This house unlocks skill songs
- find a good area to get your skill chains (most popular is the Green Dale Airstrip in the northeast of the map)

My favourite car to collect skillpoints:
2013 BMW M6 Coupe Forza Edition (note: you need an offroad division car for this challenge!)

- Most people have had to do it all in go, because it resets otherwise, which is a bug.
- Solo mode is offline, and as far as I know, does not allow you access to Forzathon, but I could be wrong.
- Why would you not aim for as many points as possible when the goal is to reach 7 million? Cutting it short is stupid and will just take longer. It caps at a maximum of 10 perk points, not skill points.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#280 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:41:24 AM(UTC)
For me the weekly challenge worked exactly as it should of done, I did the 7 million points over 3/4 days and certainly would have switched sessions several regularly and didn't lose any points. My advice is when you want to leave forza is to visit a house when you're ready to switch off, then leave the house and once the game has finished autosaving, pause it, bring up the xbox menu on the left hand side of the scream and close forza horizon 4. This seems to ensure the game saves your progress properly and doesn't reset anything/lose you anything, or at least it's worked for me so far (touch wood..)
Not sure about how it works with PC as I only play forza on the xbox.
#281 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:47:35 AM(UTC)

- points are accumulated, though there seems to be trouble when switching Horizon Life seasons (lost a few million points this way)
- best to do this in solo mode over the course of a few days (not so many left)
- Don't aim higher than 480,000 points per chain, at that point you get the maximum of 10 skill points per skill chain. More is a waste
- Use a car that features skill boosts (preferable Forza Editions) and unlock all the skill boosts in car masteries it can give - buy the land rover in Forzathon Shop if you haven't a better one.
- make sure to have bought the Huntman's Lodge for 750,000 credits. This house unlocks skill songs
- find a good area to get your skill chains (most popular is the Green Dale Airstrip in the northeast of the map)

2013 BMW M6 Coupe Forza Edition (note: you need an offroad division car for this challenge!)

1) Most people have to do to it in one go, so it's bugged/glitched and needs addressing. T10 are aware according to forum posts, but is there fix on the way? I don't personally know. Progress is not saved for me. There are plenty of others with the same problem.
2) See point one, it doesn't accumulate and certainly hasn't for me. There are plenty of others with the same problem.
3) See point 1 and 2. There are plenty of others with the same problem.
4) It caps at 10 perk points, not skill points. So technically a valid point there.
5) Agreed on skills boosts.
6) Agreed on buying that house to unlock skill points.
7) Agreed, find a good area to farm points.

8) You need to get 7,000,000 points in an offroad division car, so you recommendation is not really relevant.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:48:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#282 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:49:21 AM(UTC)

It's 500k skill points, not 480k, to get 10 perk points. You might occasionally get 10 from 480k if you had 20k already banked, but to consistently get 10 starting from an empty counter you need 500k.
 1 user liked this post.
#283 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:15:11 AM(UTC)
I didnt do mine in one sitting and I threw in a few Forza Lives. I dont know why it reset for some and didnt reset for me. I fell asleep with 6.6 million, turned off the game, went to work, came back to finish. Hmmmm
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#284 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:46:39 AM(UTC)
Edit - never mind, saw it was listed for spring.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:50:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
#285 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:07:07 AM(UTC)
I don't know what kind of joke this is but I just lost more than 6 Million points made with the offroad vehicle for the weekly challenge. I know I'm not alone since several people from the same telegram group suffered the same thing. Is there any official response about this? Is it a known bug? I suppose we can not get our points back. I will never spend a minute in a Forzathon challenge anymore after this.
 1 user liked this post.
#286 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:24:28 AM(UTC)
U have to collect them in one gut in parts...No Race in the meantime or Forzathon...only the 7 Million...best in steps by 500.000 Points...
 2 users liked this post.
#287 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:27:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: e9169e Go to Quoted Post
I don't know what kind of joke this is but I just lost more than 6 Million points made with the offroad vehicle for the weekly challenge. I know I'm not alone since several people from the same telegram group suffered the same thing. Is there any official response about this? Is it a known bug? I suppose we can not get our points back. I will never spend a minute in a Forzathon challenge anymore after this.

Yes, it is a bug and there are at least 5 other threads you could have used on the same subject.
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.

#288 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:32:17 AM(UTC)
I will never spend a minute in a Forzathon challenge anymore after this.

Ouch, ouch, ouch, and... wait for it... OUCH!

I feel your pain.

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#289 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:11:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
I will never spend a minute in a Forzathon challenge anymore after this.

Ouch, ouch, ouch, and... wait for it... OUCH!

I feel your pain.

I can't tell if you are kidding or not but it is very frustrating when you have spent several hours to achieve almost all the points. I didn't make another race or whatever. I just left the game, back again in two days (points were there), took the car, went to my fav spot to earn points to realize that the points were missing.
#290 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:11:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AndyShaman Go to Quoted Post
U have to collect them in one gut in parts...No Race in the meantime or Forzathon...only the 7 Million...best in steps by 500.000 Points...

Actually, the best way to get there is to do one 700k combo near the beach with a skill song. That way you can't run into any score reset, you will just have 7 million. ;)
#291 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:18:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Hey, So for the last challenge of the winter weekly you need to get 7 million, well everytime I get off the game and get back on it my score for it either goes down or just now completely reseted. Am I expected to do this in one sitting?!?! Fix your game please for this is really stupid.

- best to do this in solo mode (in one sequence, no other activities in between
- Don't aim higher than50,000 points per chain, at that point you get the maximum of 10 perk points per skill chain. More is a waste

2013 BMW M6 Coupe Forza Edition (irrevallent for this challenge since no offroader, but useful for collecting car masteries

- Most people have had to do it all in go, because it resets otherwise, which is a bug.
- Solo mode is offline, and as far as I know, does not allow you access to Forzathon, but I could be wrong.
- Why would you not aim for as many points as possible when the goal is to reach 7 million? Cutting it short is stupid and will just take longer. It caps at a maximum of 10 perk points, not skill points.

- bug results most likely from mp session switches or doing other activities in between (so the suggestion to do it over several days was wrong)
- solo works perfectly for this
- that's plain stupid, you'll end up with 10 perk points, otherwise you get a maximum of 140 perk points (more like 130, as you never get exactly 500k). You can master three common cars with this.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:32:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Persona non grata. Account under moderation. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
It would have been less hypocritical to just ban me permanently...
#292 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:47:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AndyShaman Go to Quoted Post

You can race in between. So far my counter is up to 3.8m. I got 1m through messing around and one skill song. The other 2.8m I got through doing races. I am yet to see if my progress is saved though, I'm not holding my breath as my progress has always been lost. It took me nearly 3 hours to make 3.8m.

This weekly challenge is incredibly bugged/glitched.

- bug results most likely from mp session switches or doing other activities in between (so the suggestion to do it over several days was wrong)
- that's plain stupid, you'll end up with 10 perk points, otherwise you get a maximum of 140 perk points (more like 130, as you never get exactly 500k). You can master three common cars with this.

1) Incorrect. There are different situations attributing to the bug. I can give you at least 3 different situations with different outcomes from my own gameplay/experience.
a) It originally wasn't accumulating across days for me, still isn't AFAIK. Currently on 3.8m as of last night, we'll see tonight if it still remembers that.
b) I can do races inbetween and it goes towards the 7m score. It does not reset as long as I am in the same gaming session.
c) Lots of people have to do it in one sitting, others can do it across multiple days. In me getting to 3.8m points, it took 3 hours and only one skill song came on during that time. Granted, most of the time I was racing but in the first hour, I made just over 1m points and only one skill song ever played.
d) I had multiple disconnects from Forzathon Live and I still accumulated points. Some people lost points when this happened.

So overall, it's an incredibly bugged weekly challenge that needs fixing.

2) Solo is both online and offline. Forzathon Live goes towards the 7m in my experience.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:53:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#293 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:05:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Snozzberry Jam Go to Quoted Post

3. I did not receive the 60 bonus FP last season for the weekly plus 7 dailies.

When I had 6/7 dailies and 1/1 weeklies for autumn, I checked my FP balance before doing the seventh daily. After getting 7/7 dailies, my balance showed that I had only received the 20 FP for the daily, but not the 60 FP bonus.

Thinking it might take until season switchover to credit the points, I checked again after winter started but still never received the 60 FP bonus.

I've never received the seasonal bonus for either season. Last season, autumn, the dailies was at 9/7 as opposed to stopping at 7/7 or registering complete as with other events.

I am having the same problem. Doesn't seem to be a widespread issue, because barely anyone is complaining(?).

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:07:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#294 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:29:00 AM(UTC)

- Don't aim higher than50,000 points per chain, at that point you get the maximum of 10 perk points per skill chain. More is a waste

2013 BMW M6 Coupe Forza Edition (irrevallent for this challenge since no offroader, but useful for collecting car masteries

When the goal is to get 7,000,000 skill points, perk points don't matter. I would rather get as many skill points as possible in one shot with a high skill chain then limiting the chain and taking longer to do the challenge.

Again, perk points have no affect on the challenge, so why limit the skill counter?

1 user liked this post.
#295 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:35:41 PM(UTC)

When the goal is to get 7,000,000 skill points, perk points don't matter. I would rather get as many skill points as possible in one shot with a high skill chain then limiting the chain and taking longer to do the challenge.

Again, perk points have no affect on the challenge, so why limit the skill counter?

Well for me, I like to maximize my perk points per skill chain for several reasons. I get more perks to use to improve cars, and the more perks you use in turn levels you up for wheelspins etc. I aquired enough doing my 7 million skills that i maxed out 4 to 5 full perk page cars, plus several others that needed topped off. Because that's important to me and the way I play the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#296 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:43:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Well for me, I like to maximize my perk points per skill chain for several reasons. I get more perks to use to improve cars, and the more perks you use in turn levels you up for wheelspins etc. I aquired enough doing my 7 million skills that i maxed out 4 to 5 full perk page cars, plus several others that needed topped off. Because that's important to me and the way I play the game.

Agreed.
Maxing out 50 cars is also an achievement.
Therefore, it just makes sense to stop every 500,000, collect the 10 perk points and then resume.
You reduce the likelihood of losing your progress and you benefit of gaining perk points.

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
#297 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:42:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stevil1399 Go to Quoted Post

Agreed.

No it isn't. Applying your first mastery, maxing out 1 car, and applying 50 total masteries are the three achievements.
#298 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:05:39 PM(UTC)
I though I will give it one last chance and, behold, the Collateral Damage and Pull Out All The Stops started working and I have finally managed to complete these challenges.

I'm not sure, if PG/T10 have done anything to fix the issue, but out of the blue, for me, it somehow worked. Before I tried to do it on PC as well as on console, but both mentioned challenges didn't work at all (counters stayed at zero). What did I do today? Well, I started the game, stepped outside from my glorious Bamburgh castle, changed my Huracan to Raptor, hit some fences and posts, checked forzathon progress from the pause menu and I saw numbres 4362/7000000 or something. Switched Raptor with Land Rover Series III FE and started collecting skill points (so switching cars didn't mess anything up). I did all this in free roam and during one game session.
#299 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:35:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stevil1399 Go to Quoted Post

Agreed.

No it isn't. Applying your first mastery, maxing out 1 car, and applying 50 total masteries are the three achievements.

He's probably referring to Forza rewards, maxing out 50 car's perks
12 Pages<<101112Prev

Notification

Icon
Error