This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 8:27:47 AM(UTC)
Great news
#77 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 11:29:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
A third franchise could be good for Forza if done right. I have an idea myself which relies on the technical detail that Forza is known for. It has elements that are kind of Horizon, but not arcade. It has many models of vehicles, it has treasure finds (barn finds alternatives) and more.

I'm totally feeling this, this is what I want...a bridge between Motorsport and Horizon. A more technical, unforgiving, Horizon. Emphasis on deeper catalog of car make/models, rareties, and variants, but eliminating Reliant Supervan-type of nonsense.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 4:51:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetalCurve22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OneSlowZZ Go to Quoted Post
I would pay monies for track updates and cars as long as they commit to continue to develop the game. I would say its fair to even offer up a Forza Motorsports 7 Upgrade/full release as they add features, and again, commit to continue development of the game.

Some examples that might be worth of a motorsports 7 "upgrade" could be multiplayerhoppers/new single player championships, graphics ugrades etc.
Some examples of them continuing development could be bug fixes physics ffb
charge for carpacks and track packs
keep giving free cars from time to time

I would, in a way, rather pay for those items from time to time as upgrades - rather than have to buy a new game. I'm kinda tired of re-buying a game - i'd kinda rather it just continue to get better and more robust. I'm probably odd man out in that line of thinking.

You're not the only one.

Yeah, I really hope we get an expansion pack or something this year. Paid content with new tracks and cars to continue development of FM7.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
#79 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:49:08 PM(UTC)
One major point I haven't seen made yet... Scarlett's hardware will be MUCH closer to the Xbox One and One X than the One was to the 360. The game engine should need alomst no changes to run directly on it... so I think it's quite unlikely we will see a diminished release like FM5. They had to rebuild all the tracks for that game and make everything look good in 1080p, as well as moving to a different processor infrastructure. Scarlett will just essentially be a much faster CPU and a beefed up GPU upgrade. The assets are already good for 4k from the X, and compatibility will be excellent. So any changes they make in FM7 should translate quite driectly over to FM8, which is a unique opportunity they did not have with the mnove to 360 and the move to One.

I'm just really hoping that they release some kind of major addon for FM7 this year, or even a series of them. And I certainly hope it/they have a significant campaign portion to it.

As for a third series of Forza games, I'd definitely be in for it. But I'm not expecting it. Rally seems too close to Horizon to me. I feel like that could be addressed decently with a FH addon like in the first game. The only thing I can really think of that would be different enough to warrant a third series of games, that the average consumer would understand the need for, would be motorcycle racing. I've picked up a couple... MotoGP 18 being the last one. It's nice, but it just doesn't feel polished like the Forza series does... I think someone could do really well implementing the Forza engine with a motorcycle game. But I really don't think that it can happen in 2019, as it seems pretty clear that Turn10 wasn't expecting to hold off on FM8.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error