This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 12:14:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperHornetA51 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SadPandaOregon Go to Quoted Post
They were thankfully removed from multiplayer.

They honestly added nothing to the horizon series as people would just max out their cars with horsepower and literally win every race.

...which you could counter by having a car tuned for every level that fit your driving stye. If you can't be bothered to tune a B or C car in advance, that's your problem, not the problem of folks who want to have solid cars on hand for every situation.

I did, which is how I won every single race. If you tuned for handling, you would lose.

There are quite a few tracks in fh4 that I'm believe a B class car would likely already have sufficient power to overdrive, and would benefit from handling improvements. I'd love to test the idea online, but alas adventure mode doesn't include B class.

Also, do we actually have confirmation from playground that they're adding lower classes and/or voting to the adventure mode in january? All I remember seeing for sure was adding solo adventure
#27 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 12:15:46 PM(UTC)
You can have a car tuned for each class and each situation or somehow have cars that tuned for ALL situations. The only thing different about my vehicles for each class is whether its dirt racing or winter. Obviously cross country you should use an SUV of some kind
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 3 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 12:23:25 PM(UTC)
I totally agree that ALL racing classes should be represented in online mode. I personally rarely use S2 and X class cars, because to me they are just too fast and nearly uncontrollable at high speeds. Any idiot can tune a car for max horsepower and win races by ramming and wallriding. I (literally) ran into one of those on this week's trial race...some guy driving a Ferrari F12TDF that was faster than anyone on the track, but couldn't go through a single corner without wallriding because he had tuned his car for speed rather than cornering.

My favorite car class is A, both for freeroam and racing...fast enough to be fun, slow enough to be controllable. I have a few S1 and S2 cars that I use mainly for Forzathon Live events, and the occasional seasonal challenges that use them. I am actually happy to see recent seasonal races give you a range of PI you can use, rather than sticking you in only one pre-determined class.

Adding D-B classes to online races might even reduce the problems caused by rammers and wallriders. It is a lot easier to recover from being rammed by someone in a B class car than it is in S2, and riding a wall at those slower speeds won't help anyone.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
#29 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 12:34:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SadPandaOregon Go to Quoted Post
They were thankfully removed from multiplayer.

They honestly added nothing to the horizon series as people would just max out their cars with horsepower and literally win every race.

...which you could counter by having a car tuned for every level that fit your driving stye. If you can't be bothered to tune a B or C car in advance, that's your problem, not the problem of folks who want to have solid cars on hand for every situation.

I did, which is how I won every single race. If you tuned for handling, you would lose.

In fh3 yes because pi system in fh3 was so broken. in fh4 yeah you still win with high power tune but only reason for that is because wallriding is fastest way around track. If wallriding and ramming wouldnt be so op then you could easily win with handling tune.

Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
You can have a car tuned for each class and each situation or somehow have cars that tuned for ALL situations. The only thing different about my vehicles for each class is whether its dirt racing or winter. Obviously cross country you should use an SUV of some kind

So you think that your tunes are best no matter what situation?
#30 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 1:31:41 PM(UTC)
I do think my tunes are best for MY driving. I dont share my tunes. If I had to figure out the drive system after hours and hours of trial and error, others can do the same. The other reason I dont use other tunes is because you cant make adjustments on the fly. I can drive stock cars but I rather not. Race brakes, springs, roll bars and transmission at bare minimum. My A, B and C class cars are all run on stock tires. Just my preference. I can still get grip while putting down more power. I prefer the power over the handling until I hit S1 or S2
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 6:47:17 PM(UTC)
85% of the cars in the game are useless without C/B/A. I see A occasionally but that is it.

I despise S2 and even S1 is usually not that fun - especially Cross Country/Offroad.

I would love to have some good C/B fun where some skill is involved.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error