This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages<<234Prev
Rank: Racing Permit
#76 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:59:05 PM(UTC)
Guys thx for the codes, will test both apps as soon as I find a little more time :-)
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#77 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:43:30 AM(UTC)
A huge thank you to both of you guys kindly giving out codes for your hard work !!!

Set up:
Xbox One X
TX Base/TP3A-PRO/TH8/
Playseat Challenge

This is just an initial summary, I did some back to back tests, granted I'm not a pro by any means but I regularly track my 350z and other mates cars.

Firstly, both give better driving cars than stock and good or great bases to start from to fine tune.

I found I was generally quicker with FT than QT when doing a bit of timing on my laps.
QT is extremely fast at entering your cars stats and giving you the numbers to plug in.
FT takes a little longer to enter details but gives you more custom results per track, or conditions (rain for ex) plus the ability to fine tune according to how it's responding to your driving.
I love that you can enter the car, get a result then go back and change the track, look at the results and update them in the game - VERY neat ! (and you can save this on the phone too)

Just from a couple of hours messing around last night, I prefer FT7.
But I want to test more tomorrow night.

I think after the weekend I'll have some requests/suggestions/feedback for both if that's cool.

Once again thank you for the opportunity to use both, I'm really enjoying FM7 again !
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#78 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:26:56 AM(UTC)
I have been using QuckTune and FACR Tune It Youself side by side for a few weeks now. The settings suggested by both produce similar feel on the track, but are wildly different on paper re. spring, arb & damper settings. If anything, the closer to a 50/50 weight split you get, the more tweaking both tunes need in order to get your car "feeling good" on the track. Other than that, great work by both parties involved.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#79 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:18:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RobPhoboS Go to Quoted Post
A huge thank you to both of you guys kindly giving out codes for your hard work !!!

Set up:
Xbox One X
TX Base/TP3A-PRO/TH8/
Playseat Challenge

This is just an initial summary, I did some back to back tests, granted I'm not a pro by any means but I regularly track my 350z and other mates cars.

Firstly, both give better driving cars than stock and good or great bases to start from to fine tune.

I found I was generally quicker with FT than QT when doing a bit of timing on my laps.
QT is extremely fast at entering your cars stats and giving you the numbers to plug in.
FT takes a little longer to enter details but gives you more custom results per track, or conditions (rain for ex) plus the ability to fine tune according to how it's responding to your driving.
I love that you can enter the car, get a result then go back and change the track, look at the results and update them in the game - VERY neat ! (and you can save this on the phone too)

Just from a couple of hours messing around last night, I prefer FT7.
But I want to test more tomorrow night.

I think after the weekend I'll have some requests/suggestions/feedback for both if that's cool.

Once again thank you for the opportunity to use both, I'm really enjoying FM7 again !


Originally Posted by: HellBnt4Metl666 Go to Quoted Post
I have been using QuckTune and FACR Tune It Youself side by side for a few weeks now. The settings suggested by both produce similar feel on the track, but are wildly different on paper re. spring, arb & damper settings. If anything, the closer to a 50/50 weight split you get, the more tweaking both tunes need in order to get your car "feeling good" on the track. Other than that, great work by both parties involved.


Thank you guys for the feedback - please continue testing and providing feedback, that's very valuable for me.

Two remarks:

QT is very precise esp. about ARBs and spring rates so when entering ARB and spring values make sure you really select the closest possible in-game value which can be sometimes not trivial. A 0.1 ARB and 0.5 spring rate difference can make a world of a difference.

When using aero tunes make sure to use the auto-aero function which will usually provide the best result except on high-speed tracks like Le Mans or Daytona.

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 7:53:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:03:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
[quote=RobPhoboS;972690]Two remarks:

QT is very precise esp. about ARBs and spring rates so when entering ARB and spring values make sure you really select the closest possible in-game value which can be sometimes not trivial. A 0.1 ARB and 0.5 spring rate difference can make a world of a difference.

When using aero tunes make sure to use the auto-aero function which will usually provide the best result except on high-speed tracks like Le Mans or Daytona.

Good to know. I thought maybe I was being too meticulous by trying to get the value exactly close enough to in-game. Just noticed this in your release notes too.

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:20:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#81 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 8:55:26 AM(UTC)
I've found a way to get the exact numeric value for setups. It's a tricky process that involves both the xbox 360 gamepad's thumbstick and your mouse.
1. You obtain the value that your need. For example: Front spring @ 456.35.
2. You use your gamepad like normal to get as close to your value in this case it's 456.31 the next value is 456.39. 456.39 is chosen. It doesn't matter.
3. What I did was use my mouse cursor at the end of the small narrow red bar associated with the numeric value.
4. I would use the thumbstick and dial the number back to 450.09. This value doesn't matter I simply want to get away from the value I original choose.
5. I would use the mouse cursor (while the numeric value is highlighted by the gamepad) and try to dial back the value by 4 clicks.
6. There is a trick to this. When you do it correctly the numeric value won't change at all but you still hear an audio click as if it did.
7. You go back to the original value you were looking to set. If done correctly you will notice it would have changed: 456.34 the next value is 456.41
8. You dial it back a little and repeat step 5. But this time you want to increase the numerical value by 1 click.
9 Check again and you should see 456.35.

When you are able to set the exact value there is very little test driving needed. You are only adjusting for preference.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 8:58:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#82 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 2:10:48 PM(UTC)
I may be off my rocker, but if there is any quantifiable difference in outcome between the exact value and the nearest directly available value, it's well beyond my skill or observation to find it. I think his point was not to call +/- 20 lbs close enough. I also don't have a mouse on my xbox. So I'm good... <grin/> But congrats and respect on working that out, there is a certain reward in just figuring out such things for their own sake.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 2:12:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#83 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 7:08:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post

QT is very precise esp. about ARBs and spring rates so when entering ARB and spring values make sure you really select the closest possible in-game value which can be sometimes not trivial. A 0.1 ARB and 0.5 spring rate difference can make a world of a difference..


I love your app and agree with 99% of what you say elsewhere, but I cant believe that in a blind test any user could tell apart two cars that had such subtle differences as 0.1 ARB and 0.5 spring rate. I might be the most insensitive driver out there, but I'd put the threshold at closer to 1.0 ARB and 50 pounds of spring before same car same track a good driver would notice a change.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#84 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 11:53:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gryphon962 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post

QT is very precise esp. about ARBs and spring rates so when entering ARB and spring values make sure you really select the closest possible in-game value which can be sometimes not trivial. A 0.1 ARB and 0.5 spring rate difference can make a world of a difference..


I love your app and agree with 99% of what you say elsewhere, but I cant believe that in a blind test any user could tell apart two cars that had such subtle differences as 0.1 ARB and 0.5 spring rate. I might be the most insensitive driver out there, but I'd put the threshold at closer to 1.0 ARB and 50 pounds of spring before same car same track a good driver would notice a change.


Well Ii said it „can“, It depends on the car and drivetrain. AWD cars are generelly more forgiving while for some RWD and FWD cars those subtle changes can be really noticed especially on very technical tracks.
Rank: Racing Permit
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:58:40 AM(UTC)
Tried Forzatune7 and its great, managed to overtake AI by lap 6 in unbeatable level without the need to push for max place at the beginning of the first lap. Love the ability to saves the tune.

next step is to try QuickTune :-).

Apps are cheap and great value for money!!!!

btw. thx for the codes guys
Rank: Driver's Permit
#86 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:13:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
What is the consensus on these apps for FM7? I'd like to choose one. It seems QuickTune is not track specific which doesn't bother me in fact that is less of a hassle but it does offer that auto aero. ForzaTune has the drift mode setting (I think rain, drift, and drag) so you get those tunes but there is also this that I can refer to. The QuickTune creator says that his tunes are balanced for multiple scenarios but there are no drift tune options and he doesn't plan on implementing them.

I'd also like to use this with FH3. I'd think it wouldn't be a problem. I know these are considered base tunes but I am a beginner with the tuning and need assistance. Also know about online tools like this.



Hey, ConfusedGalaxy6 =)
I hope, I am not too late to tell you my experience with tuning-calculators for Forza-games!

So first of all, I use both calculators.
And since there is no implementation of the Horizon series in QuickTune (jet), I will tell you that ForzaTune does a great job!

But: I can tell you from my experience, that QuickTune does a MUCH better job in FM7!


I used ForzaTune a long time, got some good setups out of it, and never regretted buying it.

But when I discovered and used QuickTune, I got much better results in hotlapping.. On every track I like to drive (Nordschleife, Hockenheim, Spa, Yas Marina, Mugello and many more) I was a few seconds faster with the QuickTune setup then I was before (faster than ForzaTune and my own tunings aswell).

And the reason for this is simple:
QuickTune calculates your setup in a completely different way!

It is easy to drive (you are way faster with a car you can trust than with a car you have to "fight" to stay on track) and it also recognizes that Forza Motorsport 7 is not a real simulator game and that some physics are much weaker (or non-present at all) than in reality.

So QuickTune gives you a very good tune for the game, maybe not for the real life, but that isn´t what you want :D


I don´t want to say that every calculator out there is worse than QT!
I really don´t!

Maybe there are even better ones out there, maybe you are a very good tuner without a caltulator, but what I just told you is my honest opinion!



And to be honest:

Every Forza-Title is very expensive..


So, if you had enough money for the game, you also do have the few bucks to spare for a calculaor or two :D



I really hope I could help, feel free to PM me for any questions =)


Greetings

Henny
New to racing and tuning in Forza Motorsport and Horizon, any help is always welcome :)
Feel free to add me on xbox :)
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#87 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:28:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Henny996 Go to Quoted Post

But when I discovered and used QuickTune, I got much better results in hotlapping.. On every track I like to drive (Nordschleife, Hockenheim, Spa, Yas Marina, Mugello and many more) I was a few seconds faster with the QuickTune setup then I was before (faster than ForzaTune and my own tunings aswell).

And the reason for this is simple:
QuickTune calculates your setup in a completely different way!

It is easy to drive (you are way faster with a car you can trust than with a car you have to "fight" to stay on track) and it also recognizes that Forza Motorsport 7 is not a real simulator game and that some physics are much weaker (or non-present at all) than in reality.


The funny thing is, I had the exact opposite.
Neither is right or wrong, it's purely how you tend to drive I think.
AND I'm sure that splits again depending on wheel or pad - AND that would split again depending on wheel or pad/accessory etc
:D

If I get a chance again tonight I'll do more testing but I liked the feature in FT7 that allowed you to choose the track and specific setting for it.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#88 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:45:21 AM(UTC)
I found all available calculators gave different results and none of them suited my driving style. I'd say you need to try each calculator, testing on the same handful of cars and go with whichever one gives you the best tunes to suit you.

Personally, I found some YouTube vids made by a clever bloke showing calculations to make your own tunes based mostly on weight distribution. I made my own spreadsheet for just ARBs, springs, dampers and aero balancing, and so far it works perfectly for me. I only have to tune camber and diff really which is easy enough.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:00:59 PM(UTC)
Tried QuickTune7, and it's great. The only missing feature is to save the tune. It has recent tab, but I don't know how long it remembers the tune. I am winning in an underpowered car on unbeatable difficulty. So far I'm loving it :-).
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#90 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:23:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dzidza1978 Go to Quoted Post
Tried QuickTune7, and it's great. The only missing feature is to save the tune. It has recent tab, but I don't know how long it remembers the tune. I am winning in an underpowered car on unbeatable difficulty. So far I'm loving it :-).

Glad you like the app! Right now the app remembers the latest 100 cars but tune saving will definitively come with a future update.

I’m just currently busy getting QuickTune for Horizon 4 out of the gate.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:43:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#91 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:33:30 AM(UTC)
Nothing beats getting high on the leaderboard using your own parts and your own tune.
Using a calculator is nothing short of lazy and a cop out IMO. Learn to tune yourself, it is an integral part of the game and no one tune works for everyone since everyone has their own way of driving.
A tune set up for someone who brakes late and accelerates hard out the corner will never work for someone who drives more smooth.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#92 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 5:37:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VolusiaF5 Go to Quoted Post
Nothing beats getting high on the leaderboard using your own parts and your own tune.
Using a calculator is nothing short of lazy and a cop out IMO. Learn to tune yourself, it is an integral part of the game and no one tune works for everyone since everyone has their own way of driving.
A tune set up for someone who brakes late and accelerates hard out the corner will never work for someone who drives more smooth.


Shame on all us lazy cop-outs! How dare we choose to play differently to this person!

Seriously though, since I started using the knowledge shared by others via these apps as the foundation of my tunes, my lap times have greatly improved and I am enjoying the game much more than before. The settings suggested are sometimes far from ideal and require a lot of tweaking to get the car behaving how I want it to, so it is hardly a matter of "copy & paste".
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error