This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:10:12 PM(UTC)
Not played since then but im feeling the itch to race again.
Would be grateful if someone could give a brief lowdown on the changes made since March.
I.e. Have they added any singleplayer events/championships, changed the physics at all? Is multiplayer better with a larger variety of modes? Many new free cars?
Thanks
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:30:52 PM(UTC)
Since March? Yeah you'll probably notice a good amount of differences. For starters there's been at least 6 or 7 free cars given as free dlc since then. You're also missing 3 car packs probably and as far as updates there have been many changes. Prize crates are pretty much gone, there's been a few tweaks in freeplay mode, the game runs a bit smoother with less glitches but some are still there. A few cars seem to have had some physics tweaked, all cars that were locked as prizes can now be bought in the garage, there's been many changes to multiplayer, there's a new drag mode that's in experimentation but its like real drag racing almost, and a few changes on some car models as well as the vinyl editor. That's about all I remember. Just go through the game and see more for yourself, I know theres been other small fixes and additions.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:42:49 PM(UTC)
There's also the Drift suspension with steering angle adjustment (that may still be stuck at 60° for practical purposes). And I believe some general physics/handling tweaks came along with that update.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:42:52 PM(UTC)
Also, a new force feedback update is apparently in works. If you fancy a wheel.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:43:46 AM(UTC)
Engines sounds haven't been fixed yet.
#6 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 12:35:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AssistedKnave7 Go to Quoted Post
Engines sounds haven't been fixed yet.

Low priority compared to what really needs to be improved such as the physics, AI, FFB on wheels etc etc.

#7 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 9:37:06 AM(UTC)
Has the Multiplayer Penalty System been added yet?
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#8 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:32:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post

In our dreams....

#9 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:59:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JameSavage 91 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post

In our dreams....

Well then, I guess that means Multiplayer is still a nightmare... (see what I did there) :)
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:24:09 AM(UTC)
I'm not into drifting, drag racing or driving offline against AI.

I just race in S class hoppers. So no, the game hasn't changed for me since march, or even since release.

- Setup storefront (or whatever it is called) still won't show you all of the result if you scroll to the far right
- Car selection is still unresponsive as hell. And car previews in the left menu are all messed up (Imagine you're selecting a Lotus and the icons will show Ford cars instead)
- Black screen in lobbies
- Because of the unresponsive car selection and black screen, there's NO TIME to do anything between races. There's a countdown of 59 seconds, but you literally have 15 seconds if you want to change car. No time to change setup, driving aids, mute someone, report someone, send a message to someone etc
- Voice Gamechat still broken. It'll work for like 5 minutes, and the following 20 minutes it's just radio silence
- If you're messaging from the xbox menu while waiting for the countdown, you won't be put in the upcoming race
- If you're not in the main menu of the lobby waiting to race (imagine you're in the setup page, driving aids or garage), you're not going to be put in the upcoming race
- Vote to kick still doesn't work
- Occasionally, headlights still don't work at night
- Most of the time TCS on/off won't work in the upcoming race as you selected in the pre-race driving aids page
- Rain and wet track surface removed from S class (possibly also from other hoppers) for no reason. Now there's only mist
- Voting for a Random track is not random at all. Most of the time a VIR track will come up.
- Penalty/race regulation system still not added (and we still don't know when it's gonna happen)
- Prague's flow is still ruined because of the restrictive track limits on a wide chicane.

They only noticeable fix is about the game freezing all the time.

Edited by user Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:37:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 2:21:51 PM(UTC)
Some changes but not massive. No penalties in MP. Don't think this will ever happen. No new tracks. There's a drag racing mode if you're into straight line racing lasting few seconds. Basically the wish list threads are longer than the list of improvents

Notification

Icon
Error