24 Pages<<1314151617>>PrevNext
#351 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:41:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AcK0BraTE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SpruceOdin3 Go to Quoted Post

Press ctrl-alt-del, select "Quit", and after this log into your windows account again.

That helped thanks. But instead of "Quit" i select "Sign out" and that's it. I can finally play the game without crashes :)

You also can open Task Manager, press ALT+F (to open menu File), press Enter to select run, type explorer and hit enter or just hit enter if you have "explorer" in earlier history. So you don't have to logout-login.
#352 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:06:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yolandabecool7 Go to Quoted Post

Press ctrl-alt-del, select "Quit", and after this log into your windows account again.

That helped thanks. But instead of "Quit" i select "Sign out" and that's it. I can finally play the game without crashes :)

You also can open Task Manager, press ALT+F (to open menu File), press Enter to select run, type explorer and hit enter or just hit enter if you have "explorer" in earlier history. So you don't have to logout-login.

I tried it, you can't do so. You can call the task manager, but you can't switch to it without explorer. You will only see a gray screen.
 1 user liked this post.
#353 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:06:48 AM(UTC)
1) first make a notepad file

2) type the following in it : TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

3) select file menu and choose save as

4) in the file name write following: close.bat

5) press "save" and you have a bat file

now run the file, I hope it works for you
#354 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:10:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MikuMatt81 Go to Quoted Post
I tried that batch file "fix", didnt do anything for me :(

So you saw your destop with icons amd taskbar after crash? If so, you used the fix in a wrong way, because you should see only a gray screen with the explorer terminated.

So if this is the case, read the post thoroughly and do all necessary actions.

1 user liked this post.
#355 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:42:01 AM(UTC)
Guys, can confirm those .bat file which kill explorer.exe fix the 5-10 mintues crashes.

4) in the file name write following: forza.bat or anything you want but .bat in the end

simply run forza, wait until the game goin full screen by itself, after it get fullscreen'd - ALT TAB - RUN your .bat and ALT TAB into Forza, wait 70 seconds - HAVE FUN

Thanks boiiizzz who find this solution! But dont you find it disgusting? The game itself is freaking awesome, definetely best racing game ever made and ever released on pc (Horizon 4), but this little technical issues can ruin experience, and they still didnt fix it...
 1 user liked this post.
#356 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 1:49:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SweatyThread334 Go to Quoted Post
Guys, can confirm those .bat file which kill explorer.exe fix the 5-10 mintues crashes.

4) in the file name write following: forza.bat or anything you want but .bat in the end

simply run forza, wait until the game goin full screen by itself, after it get fullscreen'd - ALT TAB - RUN your .bat and ALT TAB into Forza, wait 70 seconds - HAVE FUN

Thanks boiiizzz who find this solution! But dont you find it disgusting? The game itself is freaking awesome, definetely best racing game ever made and ever released on pc (Horizon 4), but this little technical issues can ruin experience, and they still didnt fix it...

Thank god you fixed the random crash for me.
This is unbelievable... Having to kill windows to run the game specificaly designed to run on Windows in order for it to run properly... what the hell microsoft.

I have to play like this until this is getting fixed.

MICROSOFT DO SOMETHING

#357 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:21:53 PM(UTC)
Someone can confirm if the bat file fix the crashs about shared accounts?
#358 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:14:00 AM(UTC)

I tried it, you can't do so. You can call the task manager, but you can't switch to it without explorer. You will only see a gray screen.

It doesn't matter what you see, that's because no explorer.exe can work for you to display windows. But in reality if you alt-tab to task manager you can use it. But if you wish you ofcourse can login and logout and wait for all usual stuff loads again, I don't like that way.
#359 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:30:38 AM(UTC)

It doesn't matter what you see, that's because no explorer.exe can work for you to display windows. But in reality if you alt-tab to task manager you can use it. But if you wish you ofcourse can login and logout and wait for all usual stuff loads again, I don't like that way.

I tried alt-tabbing to the task manager, you won't get anything other than gray screen using this. The task manager will not be displayed.

Anyway, it's not that difficult to log out and log in again.

#360 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:14:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FelipeBazz Go to Quoted Post
Someone can confirm if the bat file fix the crashs about shared accounts?

Yes it does, I have a shared account and now it works normally with kill explorer bat file.
#361 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:13:47 AM(UTC)

First of all, sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language :)

This Batch doesnt fixed my crashes. Launched FH4, started the Batch, and after 20 minutes the game crashed. Grey Screen and nothing more. So the Batch works, but it is not the solution...

The strange thing is, FH3 crashes exactly in the same way, since the launch of FH4. Before that, i got no problems with FH3... really strange.
Can anyone confirm crashes on FH3?

Really annoying, just want to play the game :(

#362 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:44:08 AM(UTC)

I tried alt-tabbing to the task manager, you won't get anything other than gray screen using this. The task manager will not be displayed.

Anyway, it's not that difficult to log out and log in again.

Again, you don't have to see it to use it.
#363 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:24:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LaVidaLocaHH Go to Quoted Post

First of all, sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language :)

This Batch doesnt fixed my crashes. Launched FH4, started the Batch, and after 20 minutes the game crashed. Grey Screen and nothing more. So the Batch works, but it is not the solution...

The strange thing is, FH3 crashes exactly in the same way, since the launch of FH4. Before that, i got no problems with FH3... really strange.
Can anyone confirm crashes on FH3?

Really annoying, just want to play the game :(

I can confirm that FH3 crashed A LOT. At certain area's on the map, in the menu, during races,.... the list keeps going...
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:31:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#364 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:47:29 AM(UTC)
Here is new gorgeous bat file for you. It runs the game, kills the exlorer and STARTS EXPLORER AGAIN WHEN THE GAME IS CLOSED!

So create this bat file:

@echo off

START explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe!SunriseReleaseFinal

TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK

:LOOP
TASKLIST | FIND /I "FORZAHORIZON4" >nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
GOTO CONTINUE
) ELSE (
ECHO fh4 is still running
TIMEOUT /T 5
GOTO LOOP
)

:CONTINUE

START explorer.exe
EXIT

Put it on desktop, run it and enjoy! Don't be afraid if you see gray screen upon exiting - in 5 seconds maximum explorer will be restarted and you will see your destop.
(Don't forget to press alt+enter if game is not going to fullscreen on it's own!)

It checks whether forza is running each 5 seconds. If you want it to be checked more often, change TIMEOUT /T 5 to other value. E.g. with TIMEOUT /T 1 the script will check whether forza is running each second (so you will see gray screen on exiting for 1 second maximum).

Enjoy!
#365 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:54:57 AM(UTC)
Have you tried to play the game with the recent update, folks? Do you still have crashes with it?

I played today for hour and a half without a single crash.
#366 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:37:33 AM(UTC)
I see that they mention general stability improvements? I will wait for other people to confirm before buying again.

Why couldn't they just acknowledge this thread?

EDIT: From the updated known issues:

Quote:

PC Unresolved Issues
• WINDOWS 10 - Realtek HD audio manager cuts sound to the game if earphones are plugged in during gameplay.
• Game may not boot with the following virus checkers: Trend Micro Maximum Security, Comodo Antivirus, Sophos, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Avira
Instability/disc space issue if we release a game update in the 15 days after a major Windows update.

So, it is still less than 15 days after the last major update, and they have not resolved this problem. Still an issue?

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:39:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#367 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:13:48 AM(UTC)
I fixed all crashes on my PC by putting a little bit more voltage to DDR RAM. (from 1.35v to 1.38.v)
#368 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:47:21 AM(UTC)
Started about 2 days after download. Started to receive error message that games did not save. Then game would not start at all. Last night tried to fire it up and the console froze. I tried to turn of the XBOX I could not turn it off. I did a hard reset and now it won't come on. Any known fixes or causes
#369 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:42:16 AM(UTC)
Mine keeps doing this ALL the damn time on my original Xbox One (I preordered digitally for the Ultimate Edition and this pic is not mine, but just to give an idea):

Textureless road

Everytime I go on to play the game, even after 2 or 3 races or I start to cruise around, THIS happens. I hard reset the console 3 times! And this keeps happening, or it sometimes won't even start up the game because of this stupid and annoying bug and I want this to be patched immediately, it's infuriating me to no end. Kept happening to me for a couple of days now.

(If this is in the wrong area to post, feel free to move it somewhere else or so.)
#370 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:18:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Richi93 Go to Quoted Post
Mine keeps doing this ALL the damn time on my original Xbox One (I preordered digitally for the Ultimate Edition and this pic is not mine, but just to give an idea):

Textureless road

Everytime I go on to play the game, even after 2 or 3 races or I start to cruise around, THIS happens. I hard reset the console 3 times! And this keeps happening, or it sometimes won't even start up the game because of this stupid and annoying bug and I want this to be patched immediately, it's infuriating me to no end. Kept happening to me for a couple of days now.

(If this is in the wrong area to post, feel free to move it somewhere else or so.)

That's a issue with the ram of your GPU, it doesn't have enough GB's to load all the textures
#371 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:33:05 PM(UTC)
Well, game is still crashing after the update for me.

I could play 3 hour, and then I crashed again. And when it crash, i crash repeatidly after.

I think this game has some weird data issue, I don’t Know if we can clean the cache off the game. But I think it can solve some problèmes. We need something done about this, and quick.
#372 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:36:31 PM(UTC)
Are they saying that the problem of the game close alone was solved after the October update of windows, someone confirmed? I am updating my Windows to check ...
#373 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:42:35 PM(UTC)
Are they saying that the problem of the game close alone was solved after the October update of windows, someone confirmed? I am updating my Windows to check ...
#374 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:48:42 PM(UTC)
Here is new gorgeous bat file for you. It runs the game, kills the exlorer and STARTS EXPLORER AGAIN WHEN THE GAME IS CLOSED!

So create this bat file:

@echo off

START explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe!SunriseReleaseFinal

TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK

:LOOP
TASKLIST | FIND /I "FORZAHORIZON4" >nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
GOTO CONTINUE
) ELSE (
ECHO fh4 is still running
TIMEOUT /T 5
GOTO LOOP
)

:CONTINUE

START explorer.exe
EXIT

Put it on desktop, run it and enjoy! Don't be afraid if you see gray screen upon exiting - in 5 seconds maximum explorer will be restarted and you will see your destop.
(Don't forget to press alt+enter if game is not going to fullscreen on it's own!)

It checks whether forza is running each 5 seconds. If you want it to be checked more often, change TIMEOUT /T 5 to other value. E.g. with TIMEOUT /T 1 the script will check whether forza is running each second (so you will see gray screen on exiting for 1 second maximum).

Enjoy!

Is it possible to have the Xbox app working as well with the game? Because you can't send invites while that bat file is working.

#375 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 12:32:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McR4e555 Go to Quoted Post

Is it possible to have the Xbox app working as well with the game? Because you can't send invites while that bat file is working.

No, sadly. All uwp apps won't work without explorer.exe running.

Try the newest game update. Looks like it fixes the crashes, so you won't need the .bat file.

24 Pages<<1314151617>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error