16 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 10:16:01 AM(UTC)
I agree with pretty much everything that's been said in this thread. The graphics and the new map and the seasons are great, and I appreciate the improvements with the driving mechanics and some of the car upgrades (more widebody kits mostly) and the ability to at least somewhat customize our avatar, but the rest of the game feels half done. Especially the game progression and structure. It feels like the devs built all these systems and then ran out of time putting them all together so we've got one big half-baked mess. Not to mention all the basic quality of life features that are missing like test driving cars before buying.

My biggest pet peeve is the progression. It's completely backwards. At the beginning of the game you're given so many rewards left and right and center (especially with VIP and Forza loyalty rewards) that it's overwhelming and all the rewards feel meaningless (especially all those emotes and customization items). But then not long after completing the prologue and leveling up the various race events, like was said above, it all comes to a screeching halt and degenerates into a tedious grind to get enough credits to buy the crazy expensive houses and cars since the actual race payouts are pretty small and the player jobs feature is a bad joke (10,000 credits per day at max level is pretty pitiful). Hopefully they'll add some proper endgame means of earning credits that don't take ages so we can get the castles and cars. Along with a way to get free vehicle upgrades so we can experiment with crazy builds (one of my favorite things to do in FH3).

Not to mention the insanity of putting all that work into the seasons system and then locking players to a global season progression.

I haven't touched multiplayer, but it sounds like it's even worse off right now. Unfortunately in single player the AI is still the same broken cheating mess that without changing the difficulty can rocket off the start line and be completely uncatchable in one race to falling 30s behind the next.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 10:19:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 7 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 10:33:30 AM(UTC)
Most of things are allready said and even tho game feel really good it's have do so many things wrong.
- Let's say something that nobody else is not say yet, same auction place cartel system than fh3, i got avantador he on wheel spin cool i can sell it for 600k cr so somebody can sell it for 5,5m cr. I really hate that system in fh3 allready where i almost get legendary tuner status. Im not just fan abaout that system at all.
- My biggest disappoiment, rivals i really love fh3 rivals and spend hundreas of huors there and lots more time to make tunes perfect for the rivals, now when game force to use spesific car it's not fun anymore.
- Story feels so empty and pointless, it's not matter what place i finnish the race makes it feel like my driving dont matter at all. And this should be place where i live but it dont feel that way. Like player houses those could feel so mutch more than they are now, i suppose to be famous driver with over 400 cars and i dont have any cars parked front of my house.
- pretty mutch everything abaout avatars, if you want to make avatar system please let then us to customise our avatar better, now any of those men avatars dont feel to right choise. i have nothing against avatar system but it's day 3rd and im allready tired to see stupid looking clothing on my wheelspins this should be racing game i want money and cars to rewards not something clothes or emotes that i will never use. Espically that feeling when spent some forza points to buy super wheelpin and gets just 3 piece of clothing -.-
- amount of races are lacking espically when you dont have championships. And still we cant create races more than 50 laps.
- Car moding there is not been nothing new in many years, how abaout even new rims sometimes and more options to chance cars. And i would really like to drive capriolet cars without roof but no most of cabriolet cars have roof up and noway to remove that.
- Clubs feels totally pointless now, for me club leaderboard was one think to make me play fh3 so mutch, now clubs are just for make small extra reward for the race.
- different between summer and autumm, i have never been in england but i can imagine england is not that sunny place all the time in autumm. i allready wait to winter because in prologue that feels most fun part of the game, nothing is more fun than long powerslide in slipery road.
- Finnishing to race, you have beautiful looking game so who think it was smart idea to show after race big white screen with avatar dancing this was so mutch better in fh2 and fh3 and those part of looking that boring white screen takes way too long. Im sure there is still many more things to rant that i cant just remember now.
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 10:47:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Death Burnout Go to Quoted Post
It's a crushing case of "more of the same" with some very questionable game design.

This is why I take issue with game critics in general. This game got rave reviews and didn't really deserve that amount of praise. As a result, the Metacritic score is erroneously very high. Congrats to Playground and everything, I want them to succeed but this isn't really a universal success.

That's AAA Gaming.

All you rly need some succesful titles and later some money for marketing and praising reviews/ratings,early copies for youtubers, some buzzwords like 4k/60 fps, 4298785 cars, widebody etc. Done.
And why putting effort and money into a game if u know ppl will buy it anyway even if its the same just with slightly changes.

Good example Forza, most ppl are fine with buying a 2018 forza even with cars/content from fm4/fh1 (2011-2014).

Feedback doesnt rly matter, only if its loud enough (maybe) but if its only from 2-3 users, nobody cares.
What rly matters, pre-order and release sales. But thats nothing new, typical aaa thing.

Another problem is, forza has no real competion like a tdu 3 for example. To make things better than title xyz.
And on the other hand the forza series needs competent & more creative developers, no ofense but look at the audio development or work form the 3d artists.
Since yrs users complaining how the sound design is going down the road and so many cars have problems, wrong placed textures, 3d object, no paintable calipers, no improved livery editor/uv map (okay an uv map update will may break livery imports from older forzas, but what about let us paint chrome, plastic, every single rim etc. I dont get the restriction), no long testtrack/road, no crazy engine swaps etc.

With a competent team, that would rly listen to the community, maybe giving everyone access to a demo or community build instead of the early access pre-order **** and the early codes for youtuber thing.
So the whole community could test a core game while it's in development, give feedback, bug reports and so on. And maaan I saw soo many cool ideas here from ppl over the yrs.
Oh yeah and maybe a great roadmap/to-do-list with all the feedback/bugs etc. so everyone is up2date about the current state.
Also they could take a look at other games to see what they do and how they could do it better.

We could have a rly great game that's worth the fullprice..

User xyz "If u dont like the game, dont play it!!11"
Yeah..

Signature
 6 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 11:16:23 AM(UTC)
My disappointments:
~VIP doesn't double cash on wheelspins like in previous games (although it's not said in the VIP description for fh4)
~I've got music and radio turned off, yet on loading screens, winning/losing screens, etc, there's still music playing.
~Money is thrown at you for the first while then slows down to a trickle, meaning you can't afford the cars, upgrades, houses, etc you want or need.
~Needing to have certain vehicles in certain classes for certain events is pretty restrictive and puts me off wanting to do those events.
~Drift story drifts don't count unless you're on the road.
~The church fast travel board.
~Forzathon seems too all over the place now rather than the simple layout it was in fh3.
~It's not easy to see in my garage the new cars, so I cant' quickly scroll through them all and easily see which ones are new meaning I have to slowly go through them all. There should be an option to sort them into 'new/not new'. It was very easy in fh3 to see new cars.
~It still sucks that you can't preview a paintjob on a car you already own.
~Only cars and money should be on the wheelspins. The other items, texts, horns, etc should be in a cheap credits shop so we can pick and choose what we want.
~We should be able to sell cars back to the autoshow to get credits(equal to what the credit costs is in the autoshow), so we're not trying to flog cars we don't want to other players, or just filling out garage slots with useless cars.
~I don't like the skills points being specific to each vehicle. Maybe there could be like 5 per vehicle that makes sense for that vehicle, but all the points so far are general rather than specific.
~Photomode hasn't evolved. It's still decent but very restrictive, especially compared to The Crew 2's photomode.
~Wheel rim upgrades haven't changed, meaning i'll never consider the rims from the 2nd and 3rd groups, only the 1st as they have the lightest ones, which are still the same as in fh3 rather than having different ones.
~Can horn sound level seems too low. Shame there isnt' a setting to make it louder.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll come up with some others.
So far, apart from looking pretty, being set in britain, and still being fun to just drive around, fh3 is better. But it's early days yet, there's still time to fix/add stuff.

edit:
~The houses don't all have perks, especially the castles. Only 2 of them do.

edit 2:
I've got no 'drive' to do any of the forzathon events because it's for pretty much useless forzathon points rather than credits, exp, actual cars like before. Again, maybe it's just early days.

edit 3:
the drag stripe is a poor excuse of an airport, i hope in one of the 2 expansions we get a proper airport.
as far as i can tell, there's no reason or reward for being in a club.
your drivatar doesn't get you credits for being in other people's races, although there's no line up so i guess that's a given.
there's no bucket lists, but again i wasn't really bothered by them too much before hand either.
having that 'would you like to join horizon adventure' countdown everytime i start the game and exit my house is really annoying. if i want to go online i will, don't throw an invitation in my face everytime i play the game.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 6:34:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 3:53:05 PM(UTC)
Hate to say it, but although i prefer H4 overall, The Crew 2 at least had a constant if cringey story-line running through the game. Something to work towards with more cut-scenes etc.
It had a better sense of progression & much, much more racing content.

These were things after playing H3 i wasn't worried about for 4. I thought they had done those things really well so if anything they'd be even better in H4, but they took a huge step back on all of them in favour of adding things nobody wanted.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 4:00:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 8:22:50 PM(UTC)
Can’t change seasons
No Toyota or Mitsubishi
Clothes and emotes on prize wheel
Car sounds are meh

Overall it’s still a good game but for me it won’t have the replay value of FH3.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 8:23:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 11:22:59 PM(UTC)
-90% bad car sounds.
-Wheelspin awards (those childish clothes, emotes and horns) I haven't and won't use any of them.
-That whole new avatar thing, I just ignore it and haven't changed my avatar yet, but damn it really is some childish rubbish. Why does it have to be in a racing game? Forza really tries to be 'cool' like other games such as Fortnite, and lowers the bar for much younger players. Sounds to me like a waste of many development hours that could have been put into the real racing content.
-Less content? I have played the game for several hours a day for 5 days and it looks like I have done everything already, I think FH3 had more things to do.
-Too much content/cars behind DLC/payment. The game wasn't even released and they had a bunch of DLC... seriously, take a look at other studios like CD Projekt Red!
-Little traffic on the highway and city
-Some roads are too wide

Let's end with some positivity, I like the map way more than Australia, I couldn't enjoy driving supercars through the tropical jungle environment.
 2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 12:37:37 AM(UTC)
1 No real championships like H3
2 Too little traffic.
3 Wheelspins should have only cars and money.
4 Head to head races is almost to the piont of non existing.
5 Still no metallicpaint in paint menu.
6 Multiplayer is just awful
7 AI driver, drive like unbeateble then setting is like average. Thats just stupid and boring.
8 The skillsystem is just stupid too, way better in H3
9 Progression system is like very boring, way way better in H3
10 Car sounds not realistic at all.
11 Map is too small.
12 And it say we are driving in Britian, well its Scotland. No London, no Wales, and so on.

Last.
One thing I do like is changeable seasons.
 3 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 12:41:07 AM(UTC)
You say you already have a million and 10 cars... Wait until you see how much you need to buy the most expensive cars, lol. That's easily more than 100 million, including the castles.

The "sense of progression" is there, it's just that getting a bunch of cheap cars early on means you haven't even started to scratch the game's surface.

Funny to see these complaints. The single player campaign is a carbon-copy of FH3's, except you have the different series now. Other than that, FH3 had the multiple Festivals, which served no real purpose other than giving you discounts on certain cars. And the Championships, yes, but the requirement to finish them all to get gold in all of the events made things extremely redundant, as you not only had to race all of the tracks but also start a Championship at each event.

Skill system was rebalanced towards the individual skills. If you have an FE with drift bonus, you can earn hundreds of perk currency in a very short time. Seriously, in the Caterham, a drift tap gives you 9,000 points in one go, and you can even crash once without breaking your chain. And you complain that the new system is stupid? Hmmm...

You guys wanted FH3.5, and you got it. All of the concepts from FH3 are expanded in FH4: the blueprints, the new bodykits, the annoying Forzathon grinding, the character customization (which didn't exist in FH2), more developed story, even the Street Races, which are the most annoying part of the game by far. Street Races used to unlock Midnight Battles only, but now they're a series in their own right, and required to get certain Achievements, on top of unlocking certain cars. To get the R34 GT-R, you must put yourself through the pain of Street Races, with cheating Drivatars, cheating traffic, and pitch black environment. To get the Hoonigan 911, you need Level 17 in Street Race series! And for one reason only: you guys loved to emulate Toretto in FH3. :)

As for online, it bothers me to do the bulk of the work in a weak team for sure, but this is not middle school where you own the ball and are free to sideline the nerds as the last picks. When people complain about teamwork but can't even grasp the fact you finish Forzathon Live faster if everyone helps instead of leeching off others' grinding, is the problem really with the way the game was built?

Edited by user Saturday, October 6, 2018 1:04:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:17:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BeastDude Go to Quoted Post

Skill song perk, drone perk, double Forzathon perk, fast travel perk, barn find. But the Edinburgh castle should come with a "free upgrade" perk.

#61 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:45:14 AM(UTC)
Painter rank is not increasing at all. I have 10 000 downloads on my paints and it stays the same. All the time rank 3 since my first day
 6 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:27:35 AM(UTC)
OK, the game is beautiful, driving is good, but :

-We progress too easily, doing nothing, no effort to do.
-No reward for clean driving, using the walls when cornering is the best way to win...
-We never play in class B, C or D online, only A, S1 or S2...
-No vote !
-Freeroam ? Seriously ?
-Can't turn off rotten music during loading !!!
-The multiplayer is a total fail, only team races, no laptime. The worst being the ranked races : evolving is just a matter of luck.

I will not talk about avatars and other customizations, it's without interest.

Welcome to Forza Horizon 4 Kids !

Edited by user Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:22:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:28:57 AM(UTC)
I can agree to the majority of problems adressed here but also a very big concern for me are the car sounds which are a huge step back. They used so many wrong samples and a lot of cars share the same sound sample when they use the same engine layout. Like the BMWs and Skylines Sound the same, a lot of the 4 Zylinder Cars use the same samples. That VW Bug Offroad buggy uses the subaru boxer sounds etc.
Turbo spooling and BOV is barely noticeable. There are many cars to name. I wonder how people who create such game can mess up so much on the sounds especially when sounds on cars are a very important aspect. Evermore baffling why they replace sounds which were right in FH3 with new bad samples in FH4?!
 4 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:43:00 AM(UTC)
Don't have a lot of issues but here are the most problematic one for me, playing with a wheel.

- AWD/RWD cars difference is weird. AWD is perfect but RWD are undrivable, they keep spinning for no reason when taking corners and the FFB doesn't give you any information until it's too late to compensate.
- NO Championship & Blueprint Championship ? WHY ?
- Still too many uninteresting races, particularly the sprint ones. It's too short. A race during 2 minutes is of no interest to wheel players.
- Drivatars are still broken and no effort has been put to make them more enjoyable while racing, despite PG said so. Putting them to average or pro doesn't make a difference, they are still rocket cars in a lot of situations for no reason and keep following their line stupidly, ignoring you most of the time.
- CR are a bit of a mess to obtain. Prologue makes you think you'll have a lot of them but as soon as you're throwed into the real world, it's getting harder and harder. Not dramatic overall but makes 10M Cars & Castle a grind.
- Poor Wheelspin rewards. 90% you get useless emotes/hat/quickchat stuff.
- Extremely Repetitive & overally uninteresting Forzathon Live because it's always the same spots. Changes operated to the wheelspin prices makes them a complete farming. Ridiculous.
- Story Progression is bad. They said that they changed the progression as "play as you wish" philosophy, yet it's getting harder and harder to level up the category you prefer wich forces you to play other categories you don't necessarily like.

Edited by user Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:46:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:12:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yopfraize Go to Quoted Post

- CR are a bit of a mess to obtain. Prologue makes you think you'll have a lot of them but as soon as you're throwed into the real world, it's getting harder and harder. Not dramatic overall but makes 10M Cars & Castle a grind.

If u have no creativity and/or no ideas to keep the players playing your game, your stretch the gameplay/gametime with grinding.

Sad, but shows the lack of, creativity @ t10/pg.

Signature
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:37:11 AM(UTC)
I think the biggest problem is the lack of progression since FH1.

Then the wristbands meant something and were a big deal. You had named drivers you had to beat and had to progressed past them.

Now you just get wristbands for being a certain level
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:49:44 AM(UTC)
Multiplayer Team races - ridiculus
map - way too much trees

No fun atm...
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:58:46 AM(UTC)
- I have completed the entire game in 1 week.
That's a first one in any Forza game.

- Worst Multiplayer in the Series.
- Team Flag is exploited by just blocking the single one flag.
- Team Infected is boring.
- Team rush is ... especially with the too many and uncircumventable S2 races, that I despise.
- Team Races are a crash fest, and being First is far less important than not having a quitter or a newbie in your team, which determines the outcome.

I am baffled. How could this be conceived?
Mod Edit - Don't use your signature for snarky remarks - D
 5 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:31:37 AM(UTC)
So, I've not played a racing game in forever (barring stuff like sonic racing or mario kart). I have game pass and a pretty decent PC and it's raining today, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I have, I guess, the most very basic version? I'm aware this isn't an arcade racer, and I'm ok with that. That's precisely why I downloaded it. I've played for about 8 hours today, and I won't be going back to it. here's why:

- Intro: I mean, fine. It's an intro. But it felt like it dragged on too long.

- The announcers. I must have spent at least an hour of my time just shouting at the screen to shut up. Good god, they're annoying. Same with the radio presenters. I switch channel every time they talk. I just don't care. Check out a house? Lose 20 seconds of your life while some **** tells you nothing you need to know. Do a speed trap and look at map? Same. Do, really, anything, and you're locked into between 5 and 20 seconds (which feels like a lifetime) of some inane blather from a third rate voice actor. It has genuinely made me despise this game. And it's unfair to put it all on the voice actors. The writing is pretty appalling. It's a racing game, so I'm not expecting a bioshock style story, but still.

- I sort of enjoyed the first stunt event, but the intro/voice acting hurt. After the second, I couldn't face another cutscene with those gimps.

- The races. At first, I was restarting if I didn't get first. Then I thought "Well, I'll see what happens if I roll in in 4th". Nothing. No difference. Why would I even bother to try and get better. It feels like you're giving participation rewards, which is not what I want in a game. I want a sense of accomplishment. I can literally just hold the trigger and bounce off the corners, and move to the next event.

- The cars. I have an audi, a subaru, an acura(?) and a lambo. I don't feel like I need any others. I got some escort from a barn (again with the soul-destroying voice acting, multiple times), which I just don't care about. I got some stuff from wheelspin. Likewise. No **** s given. Because I don't even have to win, why do I need to bother with any other cars than the three I bought (and the lambo I guess I won?). Others have mentioned other driving games where you're stuck with some god-awful thing that you have to work hard to upgrade or replace. In this, I feel like I'm just being thrown end game content

- Season change. So I'm trying to do a race, I get some influence for doing a cool drift or something (maybe? I don't know really what happened) and it spews up the map and removes all the icons. What the hell?

- I'm personally fine with the avatar/horn stuff. I find it quite amusing, even if the horn is way too quiet, and you never really see your avatar. Except after a race. On which note...

- After a race, the stupid white screen with all the level ups. This was confusing the first time, interesting the second time, and from the the third time onwards is beyond annoying. Please let me skip it. Better still (and I'm aware you can't change this now), do it like Dead Space or something where it comes up *in the game*. Or zoom into car-seat view, and project it on the windscreen. Or something. But please let me skip it.

- The announcers. Did I mention them? Ugh.

- Houses. Really? What's my incentive to buy any of them? An achievement? Fast travel? Bleh. They seem pointless, and I don't engage with them, because I'll have the Idris Elba almost-soundalike whine at me about some stuff which isn't in the slightest bit relevant. Oh, this house is secluded? I don't care. I can see I can't afford, let me back out and get back to driving, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

- The driving seems fine, I guess. I don't really have anything to compare it to. I spent some money to buy someone else's tuning kit to upgrade my Acura. Handling went up by some value. I noticed literally no difference in the handling when driving. I don't know. It all just seems a bit soft. I'm happy to admit that could be entirely subjective, which is why I've left it 'til last.

- I'm running at Ultra 1440p 90fps pretty stable. And it looks fine. I thought "yeah, ok, this is nice" a lot. There is literally nothing to complain about in the graphics. But in 8 hours, I haven't seen a single thing which made me go "wow". That's actually pretty rare in games these days. Most have some kind of visual hook which makes me think "wow".

- The whole overlay thing. I can't run rivatuner? Really?

So, yeah, basically, the bits outside the driving are so utterly painful that I can't bring myself to play any more. Driving to an event, I was filled with dread that I'd have to sit through the voices, and the stupid "how many menus shall we make you go through before you can race?" game. I'll keep half an eye on updates which are released, but I can't see myself coming back as it stands. Perhaps it's aimed squarely at teenagers and that's why I'm missing the point, I don't know.

I hope others get many more hours of enjoyment from it than me.
#70 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:21:56 AM(UTC)
Î've noticed u cant buy all cars, a lot are hidden behind the wheel spin.
Saw an Audi TT RS in the wheel spin, ofc got some shoes and thought "eh, can afford the tt, lets buy it" back home to the car shop, no tt rs listed.

So . same bs like in fm7 -___- ?!

ugh, another disappointment..

Originally Posted by: Lord of Goats Go to Quoted Post

- Intro: I mean, fine. It's an intro. But it felt like it dragged on too long.

Skippable intro, requested since yrs.

Edited by user Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:27:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature
 6 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:23:46 AM(UTC)
I agree with everything posted, unfortunately.

FH4 feels incomplete and severely dumbed down to attract a much younger (Fortnite) audience.

-Overly long prologue
-Lack of direction post-Prologue
-No real sense of progression
-Lack of Championships
-De-emphasis on skill / driving to progress
-Grind-heavy game play that serves no real purpose other than to keep players logging in
-Fast Travel and other things now locked behind grind-heavy game play, or DLC
-Danger Sign (ramps) locked behind progression?!?
-Avatar customization (emotes, clothes) unnecessary, but there to keep 12-year old Fortnite players playing
-AI is still same cheating and broken AI from previous games
-Gorgeous, but empty map design
-Multiplayer completely broken in terms of design
-Seasons take precedence over the normal day to day racing adding more grind

Forza Horizon is full of useless filler (grind) compared to Horizon 3. I don't mind grinding IF the grind is fun. It's not in FH4.

All of the fun things that were in previous FH games are locked behind a monotonous, un-fun grind that makes me not want to play the game. On the opposite end of the spectrum, it also feels like you can play the whole game with just the starter cars, but that's just as un-fun as having to grind hundreds of hours to unlock the vehicles you want to play through the game with. The underlying feel of FH4 is that of a F2P game which is a terrible thing for a AAA, full-price release.

I have a suspicion T10 and PG were given orders to turn FH4 into a "Games As A Service" title similar to other games... Such as Fortnite... That have seasons, so they decided to take that theme to heart (literally) with the changing seasons in-game? If true, the problem is the GAAS model does not fit a racing title since content (number of races, motivation to race) is what keeps players coming back... Not limited time events most GAAS are built around.

This will probably be my last FH game because they have progressively gone down hill in quality and quantity since the original.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:54:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#72 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:42:34 AM(UTC)
Still low/mid quality logos for the editor (captured with ultra settings @1440p)

https://i.imgur.com/Xt0HSY6.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/bq0mhzG.jpg

Guess its to hard for t10/pg to (re)create some decent uncompressed hd logos.

Signature
 3 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 12:12:10 PM(UTC)
To go along with the lack of races, lack of story & progression. They just throw all the showcases at you within the first few hours. I remember H3 having to progress in the game to unlock them. It took quite a while, here it just feels so unrewarding. I played H3 for months, coming back to it i always had races & championships i hadn't done. Story to progress in. Here there's so little of everything & it's all given away so quickly. I don't get how they could go from H3 to this.

Edited by user Saturday, October 6, 2018 12:13:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:53:13 PM(UTC)
Few more point that came to my mind after my last post.
- This is easily shortest forza game ever in 5 day i have done everything for me this wouldnt big problem if game is like h3 but what i should now when rivals mode is totally unfun at the moment and multiplayer is unplayple.
- Oh boy multiplayer i think this is easily worst multiplayer than any racing game have ever been. If i want to play team game forza is not first game that comes to my mind. Actually i dont care team races in car games at all. i can imagine i would love ranked single adventure mode but ranked team system in car game is just awful idea.
- And even worst idea is freeroam rush and even more worst is that every adventure have two of those. This is big reason why online feels really terrible.
- Players dont have any choise what kinda next adventure is it feel even more stupid system than h2 where almost every adventure have atleast one cross country event, i like cross country in rivals mode but i dont like when game force to me play cross county all the time in online.
- If i win dupdilicate car on spin wheel i have only two option try to sell that in market or just remove from garage to free, h2 and h3 i could at least get half to car value right away. I can just imagine what kinda pain it will be when garage is full and you can sell only somethink like 10 cars per day in auction market.
#75 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:04:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BeastDude Go to Quoted Post
My disappointments:
~VIP doesn't double cash on wheelspins like in previous games (although it's not said in the VIP description for fh4)
~I've got music and radio turned off, yet on loading screens, winning/losing screens, etc, there's still music playing.
~Money is thrown at you for the first while then slows down to a trickle, meaning you can't afford the cars, upgrades, houses, etc you want or need.
~Needing to have certain vehicles in certain classes for certain events is pretty restrictive and puts me off wanting to do those events.
~Drift story drifts don't count unless you're on the road.
~The church fast travel board.
~Forzathon seems too all over the place now rather than the simple layout it was in fh3.
~It's not easy to see in my garage the new cars, so I cant' quickly scroll through them all and easily see which ones are new meaning I have to slowly go through them all. There should be an option to sort them into 'new/not new'. It was very easy in fh3 to see new cars.
~It still sucks that you can't preview a paintjob on a car you already own.
~Only cars and money should be on the wheelspins. The other items, texts, horns, etc should be in a cheap credits shop so we can pick and choose what we want.
~We should be able to sell cars back to the autoshow to get credits(equal to what the credit costs is in the autoshow), so we're not trying to flog cars we don't want to other players, or just filling out garage slots with useless cars.
~I don't like the skills points being specific to each vehicle. Maybe there could be like 5 per vehicle that makes sense for that vehicle, but all the points so far are general rather than specific.
~Photomode hasn't evolved. It's still decent but very restrictive, especially compared to The Crew 2's photomode.
~Wheel rim upgrades haven't changed, meaning i'll never consider the rims from the 2nd and 3rd groups, only the 1st as they have the lightest ones, which are still the same as in fh3 rather than having different ones.
~Can horn sound level seems too low. Shame there isnt' a setting to make it louder.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll come up with some others.
So far, apart from looking pretty, being set in britain, and still being fun to just drive around, fh3 is better. But it's early days yet, there's still time to fix/add stuff.

edit:

edit 2:
I've got no 'drive' to do any of the forzathon events because it's for pretty much useless forzathon points rather than credits, exp, actual cars like before. Again, maybe it's just early days.

If you do enough of the Danger sign jumps one opens up near the church. Got it first time on that after wasting an hour trying to propel myself off a mound onto the church roof. So nearly got it a couple of times that way though.

16 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error