This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 7 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 7/15/2292 2:57:02 AM(UTC)
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 10:46:26 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit]

Wheelspins get wasted on dumb emotes, clothes like especially damn women clothing, aaaarrrggghh. What are we supposed to do with skirts as dudes playing a car game? We ain’t crossdressing queers. Instead character customization could be improved. Why do we have the same ugly characters from fh3? whats the deal with the really ugly afghan cab driver looking dude or the so skinny black dude looking in desperate need for UN food aid? What about having full motox gear with helmets boots and pants but no real driving helmets, no Stig outfit, were the developers putting these clothing stuff in the game aware of it was a car game but not a dirt bike game? Seriously guys...easy on the d*pe..

[Mod Edit]

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:01:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 10:59:11 AM(UTC)
Destructible guard-rails. An antidote against wall-riders, sure, but ruins your race should you even graze them.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 12:29:46 PM(UTC)

i agree with you @sLiDeR86B on clubs and online freeroam

missing and definitely needed for me:
collision free online road trip missing
full list of tracks for rivals by individual classes
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:02:54 PM(UTC)
Compare to FH3, the BOV/forced induction sounds of FH4 are WEAK, like you can barely hear them lol. The single turbo for example - regardless if it is race or stock turbos, I'd have to turn up my volume louder than usual to hear the damn turbo.

Another issue that I get is the damn gear grinding sound, FH3 didn't have this issue. Even with a race clutch, if you shift too fast you'll hear a nasty grinding sound. In order for you to not hear this you'd have to GRANNY shift the damn thing by clutching in and out for a long ***. time.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:05:05 PM(UTC)
All of the above plus
Same old wheels.
Lack of ai traffic and not displaying cars correctly
Ai traffic being stupid
Traffic lights dont work
Trams are like unflattering battering rams as are trains
Gear crunch noise when using clutch on controller
Cockpit rear view mirror shows a shadow of another player not their car.
Drag racing needs a countdown.

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:10:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:22:31 PM(UTC)
Team Adventure is lame. If this was supposed to slow down garbage can bash boys it has done the opposite. Unless your racing with 5 of your friends your going to get ran into by the other team and your own team. They should have kept the old online adventure system in place with the option for team racing adventure. Game is basically useless to me with how the online is setup and all my friends that play feel the same.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 5:42:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Destructible guard-rails. An antidote against wall-riders, sure, but ruins your race should you even graze them.

This. Going through guard rails hurts so much. If you go through a guard rail online just consider it an automatic loss.
Also ghosting. Absolutely hate it
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:08:40 PM(UTC)
Honestly i'm happy with the game & 90% of those things don't bother me. I just want lots more AI traffic, In solo & online. The map looks great but so dead with so little traffic (& i'm not talking about the bug). This game just has a serious lack of AI traffic in general. It's not immersive or challenging.
 11 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:13:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sLiDeR86B Go to Quoted Post

-Wheelspins get wasted on dumb emotes, clothes like especially damn women clothing, aaaarrrggghh. What are we supposed to do with skirts as dudes playing a car game? We ain’t crossdressing queers. Instead character customization could be improved. Why do we have the same ugly characters from fh3? whats the deal with the really ugly afghan cab driver looking dude or the so skinny black dude looking in desperate need for UN food aid?

I have a few issues with this game, but instead of listing them here (already did that in other locations), I wanted to say something about this quote...I'm not sure what rock you live under, but believe it or not, girls DO play racing games, and we don't appreciate always being stuck with male drivers and generic male clothing, so having a selection of female drivers and female clothing is a nice change. A large portion of the clothing items in FH4 are either very generic, or specifically male. If you have a problem with skirts, then just call it a kilt (this game is in the UK after all) and move on, or don't use them at all and stop whinging about it.

Second, are you seriously going to use those very judgmental and racist comparisons? Oh, right, I guess so. What's your GT on xbox so I can make a point to avoid and/or block you?
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:31:37 PM(UTC)
Where are the skill songs? I have yet to hear one even though some cars of a bonus perk for added points during them.

Everyone is a winner! It seems that you get the same completion credit for completing a race or a showcase if you get 1st place or 11th.

I'm already sick of the song selection. Less stations and it seems that they have less songs.

When starting FH3 you would be placed at the Horizon Fest site closest to where you were when you last shut the game down. I would expect the houses on this to work the same but instead you always start at whichever one is your current residence even if it is on the opposite side of the map from where you left off.

You get much less on screen notifications when you go up a level or get enough skill points to add a perk.

In only a few hours during the prologue I was sick of winter. I am not looking forward to a week of it. It will be the new "that time of the month" for me. I will probably spend that week playing something else.

Much less random traffic. Normally would be a good thing but it made getting the daily Horizathon Thread the Needle award much more difficult than it should have been.
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:36:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post

-Wheelspins get wasted on dumb emotes, clothes like especially damn women clothing, aaaarrrggghh. What are we supposed to do with skirts as dudes playing a car game? We ain’t crossdressing queers. Instead character customization could be improved. Why do we have the same ugly characters from fh3? whats the deal with the really ugly afghan cab driver looking dude or the so skinny black dude looking in desperate need for UN food aid?

I have a few issues with this game, but instead of listing them here (already did that in other locations), I wanted to say something about this quote...I'm not sure what rock you live under, but believe it or not, girls DO play racing games, and we don't appreciate always being stuck with male drivers and generic male clothing, so having a selection of female drivers and female clothing is a nice change. A large portion of the clothing items in FH4 are either very generic, or specifically male. If you have a problem with skirts, then just call it a kilt (this game is in the UK after all) and move on, or don't use them at all and stop whinging about it.

Second, are you seriously going to use those very judgmental and racist comparisons? Oh, right, I guess so. What's your GT on xbox so I can make a point to avoid and/or block you?

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but this guy doesn't have an issue with females, female characters or female clothing. His issue, like mine, is I have absolutely no need for all the glitzy female apparel that I receive in wheelspine. It's a waste. If a person selects a male character, lock out female only content, likewise, if a person selects a female characters, lock out the male only apparel ( it'll be FAR less being locked out, than the of all the female only items, what am I supposed to do with pink flats?)
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:54:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Volitar Prime Go to Quoted Post
Where are the skill songs? I have yet to hear one even though some cars of a bonus perk for added points during them.

You have to buy one of the player homes to unlock the skill song perk...Huntsman's Lodge in Lakehurst Forest.

Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but this guy doesn't have an issue with females, female characters or female clothing. His issue, like mine, is I have absolutely no need for all the glitzy female apparel that I receive in wheelspine. It's a waste. If a person selects a male character, lock out female only content, likewise, if a person selects a female characters, lock out the male only apparel ( it'll be FAR less being locked out, than the of all the female only items, what am I supposed to do with pink flats?)

When he uses the term "DAMN women clothing" like it is something bad, that tells me something entirely different. There is an alternate solution...DON'T use items that you don't like. Simple, right? I have received more than a few emotes and male clothing items in wheelspins, but you don't see me in here complaining about it. I just don't use them. Maybe a better option would be to add a clothing/emote category to the auction house, so you can sell unwanted clothing items there, and you could sell your pink flats to me. :)

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:36:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted: : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:08:40 PM(UTC)
The cons with the wheelspins. There shouldn't be any wheel spins for this game, especially not supers. The way this game tosses influence for EVERYTHING there was no need for it. They weren't kidding when they said you can do whatever. If the wheel spins didn't have all this other stuff by your level the game would be entirely finished and you'd have 100 Mil already. I'm only level 13, still at the tale end of the start section and already have 50 something cars, a bunch of emotes, clothes, horns ect. All from wheel spins or from leveling pretty much everything except tuning, and the ones level locked past level 1. In letting people do whatever, if you do everything just a little bit you are drowned with riches. Lord knows what the mixer influence will net when that kicks in. At your level, you must be almost maxed out. The idea was genius and addicting but the wheelspins given for everything destroys this games need for buying or using an auction house.

As for the Mixer, it's marketing like groove and it's working. You rake in influence and you pretty much do nothing and nets MS traffic to Mixer. I've used Mixer more than I have ever and I kinda wish I didn't knowing the absolute dumptruck of influence and spins coming.

#14 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:18:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nath818 Go to Quoted Post
All of the above plus
Same old wheels.
Lack of ai traffic and not displaying cars correctly
Ai traffic being stupid
Traffic lights dont work
Trams are like unflattering battering rams as are trains
Gear crunch noise when using clutch on controller
Cockpit rear view mirror shows a shadow of another player not their car.
Drag racing needs a countdown.

Definetly we need some new wheels
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:35:20 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit]

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:11:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:54:49 PM(UTC)

[Mod Edit]

Actually you did offend me (and pretty much every other female gamer out there) with the way you expressed yourself in your post. There are better ways to show your dislike for useless clothing items without having to add words like "damn" in combination with "women clothes". This is probably the first racing game (along with FH3) like EVER to have female drivers instead of the same generic male driver, so I don't really see any need to complain that you got a few free women's clothing items in wheelspins when male clothing still dominates the selection. Like I said, just don't use them. I'm sure you have ended up with a car or two in those wheelspins that you don't like and won't use either.

As far as you being offended by what I said, I really don't care. Maybe next time try to be a bit more tactful with your word choices and think about how what you say will be perceived by other people. Next, I didn't call YOU racist, I said your comparisons were racist. Facts and details are helpful. Pointing out that someone is black isn't racist in and of itself, but the implication of "UN food aid" just says it all, and let's not even get into "ugly afghan cab driver". Not racist? Ok, if you say so. :/

Offensive feminist ideas? really? Is there something wrong with women wanting to be treated as equals and fairly represented in the gaming world?

[Mod Edit]

Of course, and this comment isn't judgmental at all, it is? :/ Hypocrite much?

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:13:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 8:55:54 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit]

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:13:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:02:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jooelsa Go to Quoted Post
Compare to FH3, the BOV/forced induction sounds of FH4 are WEAK, like you can barely hear them lol. The single turbo for example - regardless if it is race or stock turbos, I'd have to turn up my volume louder than usual to hear the damn turbo.

Another issue that I get is the damn gear grinding sound, FH3 didn't have this issue. Even with a race clutch, if you shift too fast you'll hear a nasty grinding sound. In order for you to not hear this you'd have to GRANNY shift the damn thing by clutching in and out for a long ***. time.

The gear grinding thing GRINDS MY GEARS.

I know for a fact I'm shifting right and still get the kkkkGRAAAAAWWWWW every time I shift bc I shift super fast (as I imagine real racers do).
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:19:42 PM(UTC)
I [Mod Edit]

Maybe you should back away from the keyboard for a minute. Take some deep breaths. I'm not easily offended and when I read you're first post I thought to myself you had to be trolling. Sometimes it's not what you are saying but how you say it.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:15:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:33:42 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit]

Umm, and you also called me intolerant, ignorant, claimed I lived under a rock, and more or less accused me of being a feminist...so you'll have to excuse me if I decide to not do what you ask. As someone once said, "I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.", and calling me the B word isn't going to help you at all.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:15:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 10:38:44 PM(UTC)
-Drivatars don’t get slowed down by water, obstacles or inclined. The just accelerate past you

-Team adventure is beyond garbage. Why was the FH3 free for all adventure removed?

-No division based rivals. Again, why was it removed?

-4 week season cycle. A controversial topic, but I don’t like it. It’s way too long. Also if I’m playing in SOLO free roam, I should be able to change it whenever I want. I don’t want to wait 4 IRL weeks to be able to take photos of a certain season!!
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 11:13:59 PM(UTC)
That 1 runaway drivatar which seems like he's using the Red Bull X10 in the corners, no matter how well you drive, he is always there to laugh at the limits of grip.

The complete disorganization of the whole story line. Why do they feel the need to put in 3 new races and clutter my map with every series level up we get. Why not make it a requirement to finish the 3 races in the current round next round before unlocking the next? It's so difficult to keep track of everything.

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 11:15:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 1:40:06 AM(UTC)
New wheels please.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 2:50:28 AM(UTC)
- In real life I have to suffer rain and snow 9 of 12 months so main negative is this game having that poor weather and raining pretty much 80% of gametime. I just see no fun in driving slippery roads... and now game forces this :(

- Related to bad weather, drivatars RWD cars do not look like they suffer limited grip at all.. :( It is just no fun to try drive RWD cars other than dry summer season.. even then it still rains time to time :(

- Snow + darkness + raining -> nightmare!! I cant see a thing, my eyes bleed... not fun at all :(

- Engine sounds lacks volume, bass and punch..

- Perk points useless for normal player, lot of cars and so little points.. forces you to use one car for long time (-> about 8 hours of "casual" playtime -> 25 perk points.. is this reasonable to invest to 1 car???)

12 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:08:42 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit]

Wheelspins get wasted on dumb emotes, clothes like especially damn women clothing, aaaarrrggghh. What are we supposed to do with skirts as dudes playing a car game? We ain’t crossdressing queers. Instead character customization could be improved. Why do we have the same ugly characters from fh3? whats the deal with the really ugly afghan cab driver looking dude or the so skinny black dude looking in desperate need for UN food aid? What about having full motox gear with helmets boots and pants but no real driving helmets, no Stig outfit, were the developers putting these clothing stuff in the game aware of it was a car game but not a dirt bike game? Seriously guys...easy on the d*pe..

[Mod Edit]

When you wonder what it was that got you permanently banned, this racist and sexist nonsense is what started the process. Your reference to a female member of these forums with an ugly sexist slur is all the nails in the coffin.

Boys, and I use the term boys because men are not in any way threatened by the presence of girls or women in their games, here are a few reminders:

1. You have to be 13 years of age or older to register an account and post on these forums.
2. All are welcome here with very few exclusions. Bigots are very much excluded.
3. Not knowing everyone's circumstances, we're nice to everyone by default.

✔ Verified Moderator

Notification

Icon
Error