This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:39:58 AM(UTC)
I'm looking on mixer and I'm seeing number of people sitting on there in AFK.. 24/7 to "FH4 Influence Farm" letting it sit on idle..

I was worried this would be the case with the mixer streaming people would just sit in AFK and basically complete the game with out technically doing anything not paint, tune or race. Just sit on the home screen.

Surely there must be something to counter this?

as of this 27 "Streams" on mixer are just Idle farming, at lest make sure you have to be doing X action or event every couple minutes to make sure you get the influence not exploit the game

Edited by user Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:44:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:48:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JDMRTakumi Go to Quoted Post

Guess they didn't think this one through
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 10:58:55 AM(UTC)
Fantastic advertising, that's all it is.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:01:27 AM(UTC)
I've been streaming for four or five hours a night for over a week now. I just set my stream to rebroadcast my previous stream(s) when I'm not live streaming myself. Not sure if that helps anyone or me but there you have it.

✔ Verified Moderator

#5 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:04:47 AM(UTC)
We've yet to see how influence scales in the game. If it is like fans earned in FH3, earning an extra few hundred at the start seems like a lot, but you reach a late game festival and unlock millions in one go.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:04:48 AM(UTC)
I'm looking on mixer and I'm seeing number of people sitting on there in AFK.. 24/7 to "FH4 Influence Farm" letting it sit on idle..

I was worried this would be the case with the mixer streaming people would just sit in AFK and basically complete the game with out technically doing anything not paint, tune or race. Just sit on the home screen.

as of this 27 "Streams" on mixer are just Idle farming, at lest make sure you have to be doing X action or event every couple minutes to make sure you get the influence not exploit the game

Why does it need to be countered? If I choose to boost influence for a week (which I have done), what impact does it have on others?
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:02:53 PM(UTC)
smarter than the average bear!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:10:27 PM(UTC)
It's a nice little bonus that's all.
If you are someone who genuinely tries to unlock the whole game just by viewing streams, then crack on on. If you want to spend $100 on a game and not drive or play the game and just watch streams, you are a mug.
Once people have the actual game they will get bored watching a stream when the could be playing the game.
I really wouldn't worry about it.
 4 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 12:16:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJackal GN Go to Quoted Post
It's a nice little bonus that's all.
If you are someone who genuinely tries to unlock the whole game just by viewing streams, then crack on on. If you want to spend $100 on a game and not drive or play the game and just watch streams, you are a mug.
Once people have the actual game they will get bored watching a stream when the could be playing the game.
I really wouldn't worry about it.

This is precisely why I plan for tonight to be my last stream. I can't imagine very many are going to want to watch streams when they could be playing themselves. I just started doing it because I knew there would be a lot of demand from people wanting to see the game played by someone other than a journalist or 'content creator' who has already moved on to the next thing. I've enjoyed doing it more than I thought I would and while my viewer numbers have never been more than a handful, they've all been good people asking good questions. Perhaps I'll do some more streaming at some point but now that early release is upon us, I want to get stuck in to painting which I'll be doing tonight.

✔ Verified Moderator

#10 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:48:23 PM(UTC)
Offtopic;
Just letting you know Hiero - I gave in to peer pressure this morning and clicked the buy button. Game is downloaded and ready to go at midnight.

On topic (ish)

I wouldn't know where to start streaming lol. So not likely to be boosting anything or earning whatever it is these modern fangled youngsters are.
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:52:31 PM(UTC)
Mrs. Doyle would be so very proud of you!

I'll catch up with you this weekend and explain all I've learned about what it is the kids are up to these days.

✔ Verified Moderator

#12 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:58:30 PM(UTC)
If you're still up and looking to kill off some time while you wait for the game to unlock, stop by my stream as I should be getting my Peel in a few minutes.

mixer.com/hieronymus1967

✔ Verified Moderator

#13 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:22:15 PM(UTC)
Thanks Chaps, great to catch up with you guys. Now time for bed, well actually well past time but I'm calling it quits anyways lol.

To the Op apologies for the off topic in your thread. Have a nice day and enjoy FM4 from what I've seen it's beautiful.
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:03:27 PM(UTC)
Well, I farmed 1.2 million influence over the last week (plus whatever I got for streaming) and started the game at level 105. A fellow streamer started at 160. It's a nice boost into the game.
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:11:11 PM(UTC)

LOL, counter. The whole idea is to make FH4 a much streamed and watched game which then leads to more sales. Going by the numbers it is working, FH4 has been the second most streamed game for a week. You might see it as an exploit, but in reality afk farmers are just paid with influence for being 24/7 human ads.

#16 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:26:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Well, I farmed 1.2 million influence over the last week (plus whatever I got for streaming) and started the game at level 105. A fellow streamer started at 160. It's a nice boost into the game.

That sounds pretty immense, I hit around 1.7 million yesterday so should have a fair few wheelspins coming my way once I finish the prologue later today.
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

Notification

Icon
Error