#1 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 8:17:15 AM(UTC)
Played FH2 on the XB1X for the first time last week. What an upgrade FH3 is over FH2. If FH4 makes that kind of jump/upgrade over FH3, things should be fabulous.

Yes/No?

Edited by user Monday, August 6, 2018 10:10:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Mod Edit - title - MM

#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:30:21 AM(UTC)
Visually FH3 is great, but for me in terms of enjoyable driving (PI Balance) and the design of sprints and circuits FH2 is far better.

As we will get a route creator sprints and circuits won't be an issue. The PI Balance is the issue, that needs to go back to how it was in FH2 (imo). I know they said in the streams that they've tweaked it, but putting out such a ridiculous PI Balance in FH3 in the first place makes you lose the trust in the Dev teams decisions.

Also FH had even better sprints and circuits than FH2,...those mountain roads
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:55:23 AM(UTC)
I have to say the map in FH4 already looks much more engaging than FH3. I found the Australia map beautiful, but lacking any real driving engagement and major elevation change. The UK looks to be a ton of fun with tight driving roads and windy mountain passes plus lots of verticality. Personally can’t wait! 😄

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 8:46:57 AM(UTC)
I'm planning on being as happy with fh4 as I've been with the rest. Good times!
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:04:40 AM(UTC)
I think it will be. They've already announced a lot of stuff that was never in Horizon on top of changing a bunch. 3 was a massive jump to me over 2. I think i got a bit soured playing the 360 version of it before i finally got the one. Plus the roadtrips drove me insane after a while. I actually probably enjoy 1 more than 2. I've said many times, I LOVED 3, the freedom was just a blast to be in. So far it seems like they took that idea and ran in 4. The having jobs/owning businesses/property and collecting money sounds like GTA Vice City stuff and i love that. Also their commitment to this game after release for years and the expansions already in the works is also great. Can't wait!
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:56:47 PM(UTC)
I feel FH2 is the best game in the series.. and nothing I have seen in FH4 have me changing my mind so far.

FH3 is prettier, but it felt it was a shorter game then FH2. I finished it in 2 /3 weeks, and ever since Anna keep telling me I can get no more fans

FH2 and FH3 is still, as far as I can see far superior to FH4 though.

The great thing about Forza Horizon 1, 2 and 3 is that it was about the music and festival and the open road, Forza Horizon 4 seems to be moving away from that in a way.

FH4 looks like it is very pretty, but I see no point to Houses and Jobs. . I do not feel it has any place in the game, and since you can not even get into the houses, I really see no point why they even add them. It looks like a halfhearted rip-off of Test Drive Unlimited. What is absolutely putting me off is the locked seasons though.

The great thing with Forza Horizon 2, beside the wonderful roads in southern Europe, is the Storm Island expansion. Extreme weather that I can choose to play as I want
Forza Horizon 3 brought the same freedom with the Blizzard Mountain expansion. you can change to drive in Snow the few times you feel like doing that.

Forza Horizon 4 completely removes this freedom, no matter if you like it or not .. when PlayGround Games think there should be winter, there will be winter.. if you do not wan that your only choice is more or less to not play the game. If you bought a new sports hyper car , and you want to drive it around the map ....but it's Winter, well to bad for you .. lets say you bought a new car you modified to be the ultimate snow racer... well now it is Summer..to bad for you... you have to wait weeks to use that car .. ..and if you are like most grownups and have a life with a family the week it is finally winter , you might not have time to actually play.. to bad for you..maybe you can play next MONTH!

Forza Horizon 2 deserves a 4K patch, as it is the best game in the series so far in my opinion ... (PS Southerner Europe in the Summer, beats UK any season, any day of the week, just saying. DS)

Forza Horizon 4....the more I see , the more I regret my day one pre-order of the Ultimate edition. I always pre-order Forza games , ultimate edition, day one because we can usually trust the games to be amazing....and then I find out..well maybe FH4 will not be.. Forza Motorsport 7 was a bit of a let down, but still great and improving... FH4 looks way worse, and if we will not be able to select seasons in Offline....I will most likely play it very sporadic, or not at all.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:04:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:14:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MRCLKBLACK Go to Quoted Post
Visually FH3 is great, but for me in terms of enjoyable driving (PI Balance) and the design of sprints and circuits FH2 is far better.

As we will get a route creator sprints and circuits won't be an issue. The PI Balance is the issue, that needs to go back to how it was in FH2 (imo). I know they said in the streams that they've tweaked it, but putting out such a ridiculous PI Balance in FH3 in the first place makes you lose the trust in the Dev teams decisions.

It's funny, but i'm completely opposite about sprints, circuits and whole driving experience. There are too much corner cuts in FH2, too much wide and boring city roads. There are different design problems with offroading, crosscountry in both campaing and multiplayer. In FH3 many circuits feels like proper tracks that was designed with knowledge, offroading feels better, crosscountry events in campaing made just for offroad class cars, in multiplayer you can choose the class and type of surface, so there are no more problems like when you on ferrari in crosscountry event, when you want A class road experience, but people are vote for S1 or S2 offroad over and over again. I even feel like FH3 players became more healthy in terms of using proper cars for each type of race/surface.
Of course the problems with crashes and bad players are still there like in every other forza, but driving feels much better and healthier in FH3.
Sorry for my English, man)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:16:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:52:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JudaZuk Go to Quoted Post
FH3 is prettier, but it felt it was a shorter game then FH2. I finished it in 2 /3 weeks, and ever since Anna keep telling me I can get no more fans

FH2 and FH3 is still, as far as I can see far superior to FH4 though.

The great thing about Forza Horizon 1, 2 and 3 is that it was about the music and festival and the open road, Forza Horizon 4 seems to be moving away from that in a way.

FH is shortet than FH2, so what? FH2 was long and repetitive as hell by the way.
FH2 moved away from FH festival atmosphere with their characters, boss battles, street race league and other small things. In FH3 you're the boss and the whole atmosphere is even worse.
How people are talking about festival atmosphere in FH4 when nothing about the festival was shown? No music, no chats on radio, no cutscenes, no introduction - nothing. Only one thing was shown is probable opening from e3 and it feels good.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:30:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JudaZuk Go to Quoted Post

Forza Horizon 4 completely removes this freedom, no matter if you like it or not .. when PlayGround Games think there should be winter, there will be winter.. if you do not wan that your only choice is more or less to not play the game. If you bought a new sports hyper car , and you want to drive it around the map ....but it's Winter, well to bad for you .. lets say you bought a new car you modified to be the ultimate snow racer... well now it is Summer..to bad for you... you have to wait weeks to use that car .. ..and if you are like most grownups and have a life with a family the week it is finally winter , you might not have time to actually play.. to bad for you..maybe you can play next MONTH!

Forza Horizon 4....the more I see , the more I regret my day one pre-order of the Ultimate edition. I always pre-order Forza games , ultimate edition, day one because we can usually trust the games to be amazing....and then I find out..well maybe FH4 will not be.. Forza Motorsport 7 was a bit of a let down, but still great and improving... FH4 looks way worse, and if we will not be able to select seasons in Offline....I will most likely play it very sporadic, or not at all.

I’m 50% sure they talked about this. Something about how the regular snow won’t be blizzard mountain level, that there’s actual change so you don’t slide around the whole time.

In essence yes you would have to wait a week or so for the seasons to change, but again, I’m only 50% sure they said you could change races to different seasons, as well as if you’re offline(which is easy to do) you can manually change the time on your Xbox and the game would change to the corresponding season.

Correct me if I’m wrong tho.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:30:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DeeperGnu613 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MRCLKBLACK Go to Quoted Post

It's funny, but i'm completely opposite about sprints, circuits and whole driving experience. There are too much corner cuts in FH2, too much wide and boring city roads. There are different design problems with offroading, crosscountry in both campaing and multiplayer. In FH3 many circuits feels like proper tracks that was designed with knowledge, offroading feels better, crosscountry events in campaing made just for offroad class cars, in multiplayer you can choose the class and type of surface, so there are no more problems like when you on ferrari in crosscountry event, when you want A class road experience, but people are vote for S1 or S2 offroad over and over again. I even feel like FH3 players became more healthy in terms of using proper cars for each type of race/surface.
Of course the problems with crashes and bad players are still there like in every other forza, but driving feels much better and healthier in FH3.
Sorry for my English, man)

I should add to my comment that in FH2 I was primarily racing in Sisteron and Nizza (Nice). I ignored every other area because of those issues you mentioned (corner cutting and the terrible offroad physics). However, Nizza and Sisteron has such good Circuits, that managed to entertain me far better and longer than the ones in FH3.

I should also say that I don't hate corner cutting in the Horizon series, it's road racing and people taking risks should be rewarded. It's just that you can do some insane short cuts in FH2, thanks to the terrible offroad physics (do you know that short cut on the Highspeed circuit in Castelletto?). Short cuts that should be impossible in Supercars.

Also 900-1200 HP AWD rocketships that can't drive properly around corners in lower classes like D, C and B does not sound like healthy driving to me....

Edited by user Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:31:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:57:20 AM(UTC)
FH2 was utter boring and repetitive. The entire map felt the same, where FH3 had various of different locations right around the map with so many things to do.

It amazes me when people say FH3 lacked things to do or the map wasn't great when it's the best map FH has had and with the amount of different locations, I'd say besides lack of elevation, it won't be beaten for some time. FH3 involved the desert, city, country towns, byron bay, rain forest, sand dunes, two massive beaches, great looking festivals, hills, vinyard region, desert cliffs top of map..... it had everything. Not to mention the two DLC's Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels.

FH2 is pure boring, even the storyline wasn't right up there in my opinion.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:20:28 AM(UTC)
I can only go by how much I've played them:

FH3: 56 days 21 hrs (110 million XP)
FH2: 11 days 4 hrs (10 million XP)

I have no doubt that FH4 will top FH3!

Edit: I didn't really enjoy Storm Island but thoroughly enjoyed Blizzard Mountain + Hotwheels

Edited by user Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:23:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 2:52:25 AM(UTC)
fh3 was the best.... chuck out the rest lol
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:44:34 AM(UTC)
Okay, I've never posted here before.

The first non-arcade driving game I ever bought was Forza Horizon 3(I consider arcade racers to be Burnout/Outrun/Ridge Racer, NOT Horizon. I know people disagree on this though) and although it took me about a week to slowly get to grips with the fact that you can't take corners either horizontally or at 200 mph+ like in all the previous racing games I've ever played I got into it big time. I didn't play anything else for about three months, and then I went out and bought Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6.

My opinion on Horizon 2 is that the campaign is better structured; it feels more like you're travelling and exploring the map, it feels like you're progressing. Whereas in Horizon 3 it doesn't really feel that way. I still don't like the 'followers' thing, and esp. the idea of being the festival organiser and being in charge of everything. Like I say, there's no feeling of progress when you're given that much power right from the start. It's just a kind of slow accumulation of credits and followers, just watching those numbers slowly tick up.

But my main problem with Horizon 3(and with Horizon 2) is the lack of mountainous regions, the lack of verticality, of valley roads, of hill climbs. The Winter DLC had some of that, but it was pretty small. I'm really hoping FH4 at least has hills and valleys, and elevation changes, because FH3 was far too flat. It always puzzled me that there was that central mountain in the middle of the map too, but you could never drive on it. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D].

I am really pleased with the additions to the campaign that are being made in FH4 too. The sense of attachment to the world that you get from owning residences and having jobs with them; that sounds deeply cool. My only problem is with the lack of increase in car numbers, and not knowing how many of them will be new to Horizon 4. Perhaps a more extensive customisation suite too, but unlike some I understand that devs aren't superhuman and they have to prioritise things.

Anyway, if you'd told me, two years ago, that in the same year that Red Dead Redemption 2 was being released, that the game I would be most looking forward to would be a Forza Horizon sequel I'd have thought you were crazy. But it's true; I'm moree hyped for FH4 than anything else on the release schedule for the next year and a half.

Edited by user Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:58:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:46:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YanaYaYa UK Go to Quoted Post
I can only go by how much I've played them:

FH3: 56 days 21 hrs (110 million XP)
FH2: 11 days 4 hrs (10 million XP)

I have no doubt that FH4 will top FH3!

Edit: I didn't really enjoy Storm Island but thoroughly enjoyed Blizzard Mountain + Hotwheels

For me it's roughly: FH2 117 days and FH3 18 days

But opinions change from person to person. My best friend with whom I play a lot Horizon prefers FH3 , while I prefer FH2.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:13:44 AM(UTC)
The release of horizon 1 was what got me back into racing games. It was the exact type of game I had been waiting over 10 years for. The festival atmosphere was perfect and really gave the game a brilliant vibe. The game was perfect in every way at its time of release. Great cars, great routes and a great location!

Onto horizon 2 and the graphics and environment were spectacular. It still is the most beautiful location yet. Physics were massively improved and the pi system worked great. Less barriers and tuning also made it a huge leap over 1. Only criticism was the loss of the festival feeling and the fact there was no alps! It would have bought some much needed variation to the map

Australia was not a location I was particularly hyped for but watching the trailers had me sold. The variation of the locations was a big improvement and the addition of water that you drive through was a nice step forward, although a bit over the top on some cross country events. The rainforest in particular was the first demonstration of a proper forest and they did a great job. Graphics and physics were slightly tweaked for the better. Criticism of this game comes from the pi system and career

Blizzard mountain needs a mention as for me this is the best environment from playground so far and shows what they are capable of. The racing is both fun and intense

For me horizon 4 is looking like it has everything. I guess we will have to wait and see but I am confident they have stepped it up another gear juat as they always have. And if they bring back more of the festival vibe then that would be the icing on the cake

E30
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#17 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:45:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

That's just a biased Aussie's opinion.

Probably accurate, but bised none the less😁
#18 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:51:11 AM(UTC)
H1 shoe-horned you into certain cars perhaps too much
H2 was great campaign until you became champion and realised that you were only a third of the way through all the championships. This became a grind as there was no real benefit to completing all of them.
H3 probably gave too much freedom in terms of exploration and the races/championships in the campaign could be played with one vehicle if you so wished (opposite end of the spectrum to H1)

Blizzard mountain has been by far the best expansion as it brought a different challenge to driving than the base games.

Really like the look of H4 all things told, though the amount of different things to do and (apparent) freedom of order to do them in is perhaps verging on the too much freedom? You could put in 50 hours and not touch several aspects of the game. I dont know if this is good or bad.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 9:38:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

That's just a biased Aussie's opinion.

Probably accurate, but bised none the less😁
Ain't that the truth. But I do agree that H3 was the best.

#20 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 1:48:39 PM(UTC)
I must say, my first game on the Xbox (in early 2016) was Forza Motorsport 6 and I thought it was so good that I was very soon contemplating buying the then current Horizon 2 for a free roam experience.
In the end I decided to wait for horizon 3 which released later that year and I certainly was not disappointed as it was in my opinion a superb game with excellent graphics and handling physics.
I bought Forza Motorsport 7 last year and was largely disappointed so continued to play horizon 3 mostly instead. (I must say that Motorsport 7 has improved greatly over the past year).
At the begining of the month I realised that horizon 2 was free with games with gold so decided to get it. I had heard that FH2 had better driving roads than FH3 but otherwise I must say that I assumed that it would be a worse version of FH3 but set in europe.
This was definitely wrong as I soon found that other than the car list, graphics and the handling physics, FH2 was better in almost every way; the storymode was more engaging, I enjoyed the roadtrips as they made the championships more appealing than they were on FH3 and the map seemed bigger despite being half the size due to not having different environments which made FH3 seem small.

I can only hope that Playground Games look back at FH2 when making FH4 in order to make the game more engaging (I certainly hope that the fan based game completion system doesn't return as it was incredibly boring completing random stuff just to get more fans to complete the game).
Also, somthing that I haven't noticed in previous games is that if they could restrict the higher pi cars to players with higher skill levels as the number of people uncontrollably driving hypercars online with no trace of skill online is ludicrous. The game should be supporting players to advance up through the ranks towards the higher pi cars when they can handle them rather than letting them jump into the fast cars without knowing how to control them.
I like fiestas
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 5:11:33 PM(UTC)
I think that horizons hit the apex of perfection with FH2. I believe they will always be trying to live up to FH2. FH1 FH3 were both great fantastic games in their own right but FH2 did everything right. I still find myself going back and losing 3 or four hours on FH2. Ill fire up FH3 sometimes as well but after about 30 minutes to an hour im done. Funny thing is I have been playin FM6 a lot lately over any of the Horizon games.
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:27:16 AM(UTC)
Horizon 3 was the worst Forza game ever made. Excluding the FH2 Xbox 360 version. The map was bland, flat boring, lifeless, empty and uninteresting. The balancing was horrendous meaning AWD, max power builds and V12's dominated everything. The physics were worse than FH1 and FH2, the hypercars felt like F1 or LMP cars. The sounds were re-used for a lot of cars. The graphics were meh due to the map. The FFB on wheels was awful. Progression was too easy and boring. No diversity in the gameplay. I could go on and on and on. The only good thing was the music.

I pray for FH4...
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 9:51:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Horizon 3 was the worst Forza game ever made. Excluding the FH2 Xbox 360 version. The map was bland, flat boring, lifeless, empty and uninteresting. The balancing was horrendous meaning AWD, max power builds and V12's dominated everything. The physics were worse than FH1 and FH2, the hypercars felt like F1 or LMP cars. The sounds were re-used for a lot of cars. The graphics were meh due to the map. The FFB on wheels was awful. Progression was too easy and boring. No diversity in the gameplay. I could go on and on and on. The only good thing was the music.

I pray for FH4...

I feel in Forza Horizon 3, the dev team was so excited to bring new features to the table that some core issues got lost in the sauce. The map felt like it was built to be a graphics demo and not for racing; it was bizarre playing any modern open-world game and seeing much better driving roads. Blueprint system was great but there should have been an actual campaign to beat. Since Forza Horizon 1 challenging roaming racers feels so pointless, challenging a supercar to a street race then watching it peel off through farmlands and across the river is meh.

Horizon 4 looks like it will fix a lot of issues, much improved map, more playground areas, solid single player content while still being able to create more events, and my favorite is increased tuning/customization options. Honestly at this point I just want it to be here so own "the dream" of a wide-body R32 GTR and go blasting down the city streets of Edinburgh.

I do think Playground Games is the most passionate dev team in the world, no joke! Can't wait for the next horizon!
#24 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 11:06:50 AM(UTC)
So I'm super stoked for FH4 (especially after the letdown that was FM7), but there are a few problems I had with FH2 and FH3 that I hope this game has improved on.

In FH1, looking back it has the worst graphics, smallest map and least things to do. But, that game has an actual engaging storyline, and it's also very immersive, especially when I played it for the first time. It really captured that festival atmosphere, and I don't even know if i can explain how it did that. You raced actual characters instead of just drivatars. Street racing also felt like its own minigame in a way, since it had a different feel than the official Festival races. You even pulled into certain driveways/parking garage where it was being held.
Also, a quick thing that I've not heard anyone mention: In the sanctioned Festival races, in cockpit view the guy was wearing racing gloves, and during street races and freeroam he was not. Seems like good attention to detail there.

FH2 had practically no storyline. Whereas in FH1 you had to start out as a nobody and make your way to the top, FH2 really has none of that. No more characters to race either, just drivatars. That immersive festival feeling was pretty much gone. And the career mode (and the game in general) became a repetitive, boring grind after a while. I will say the game has a great map and the graphics were improved drastically on the Xbone.

I was hoping FH3 would improve the career mode and sense of progression, but they did the opposite. You were the festival boss now, so you could do the races exactly how you wanted and there was no progression, you were already running the festival. So the sense of progression was gone, and the game also got boring after playing a while. But I must say, FH3 was still an improvement over FH2. They also introduced Forzathon challenges, which DRASTICALLY helped the game after I had completed everything. Every week I actually had stuff to do, and it's probably the reason I put so many hours on FH3. The playground games were also fun, especially Infected.

For FH4 I've got high hopes after how good FH3 was despite the problems I had with it, and I'd like to see a better career mode with maybe some progression to it. I'm super stoked about the map, the weather, and I'm also hoping they will improve the car sounds, and maybe even re-capture that immersive festival feel like FH1.

Edited by user Sunday, August 12, 2018 11:12:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Faithful since FM4.

Notification

Icon
Error