3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:45:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
July 17 Highlights:
- Map shown. Menu options show a Treasure Map.
- Hovercraft Showcase event shown, the rest will be revealed near launch
- Shared World experience:
autoghosts ensures no griefing by strangers
same ghost system for traffic cars in drift zones
no loading screen or delay when going online
switching to Horizon Solo will populate Drivatars
online Photo Mode, with rewards
assign 4 out of the many QuickChat phrases for quick non-verbal communication
- My Horizon Life menu shown, allowing leveling up for Photography and other types of events
- Forzathon Live has 3 stages sequential difficulty in a 15 minute window; earns Points to spend in the Forzathon Shop
- Skills and Skill Songs return, though Skill Songs are triggered in a new way
- Highway and Offroad Adventure Park shown
- Ambient sounds include accurate regional birds
- Behind- the-scenes tech calculates where water collects throughout the FH4 world, so that trees in more moist areas are healthier than in dry areas
- Road cars are more affected by offroad surfaces than in previous Horizon games, giving a different sense of feel between road and offroad vehicles

On the map, we can see a Yellow clock attached to some events,
Any ideas of the meaning of this clock ?
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:07:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Flins1004 Go to Quoted Post
i have the feeling that championships event (3 or 4 races in FH2 and FH3) disapeared.
I saw only single races (exhibition races).

No evidence of championships being back for FH4. Maybe championships will only show up as an option once you complete the exhibition?

Originally Posted by: MRCLKBLACK Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone watching those streams notice if they've tuned a car so far? Just wanted to ask in case they did, if somebody observed how the PI system behaves (are tyres still being punished with loads of PI points?)

No, the customization they've shown so far did no more than stance a car or add one of the new bodykits. The devs say the PI formula was indeed changed and rebalanced, but we've not seen this in action just yet.

No official word on those either. I for one suspect Forzathon or multiplayer are involved somehow.
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:26:27 PM(UTC)
July 17 Highlights:
- My Horizon Life menu shown, allowing leveling up for Photography and other types of events
- Forzathon Live has 3 stages sequential difficulty in a 15 minute window; earns Points to spend in the Forzathon Shop
- Behind- the-scenes tech calculates where water collects throughout the FH4 world, so that trees in more moist areas are healthier than in dry areas
- Road cars are more affected by offroad surfaces than in previous Horizon games, giving a different sense of feel between road and offroad vehicles

I assume since it's a clock. Most games mean't timed events.
So in this game, you probably have to finish the race with enough laps and crossed the line at the right time.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:17:42 AM(UTC)
Artist's impression of my experience of the Winter stream:

Anyway, I wonder if Car Masteries give advantages to specific sets of cars in Team Adventure with particular bonuses for skills, skill chains and experience.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:18:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:02:29 PM(UTC)
July 24: Winter

Quote:
Join us later today at 11am Pacific / 7pm UK time for the 3rd #ForzaHorizon4 livestream from the @WeArePlayground studios. This time around we will be taking a closer look at Winter and showing off new features, exclusive gameplay and developer interviews. https://mixer.com/forzamotorsport

https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1021680166186180608

VOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEdrvTKcDaA

During the stream, DLC codes for a white sweater were given away in the Mixer chat.

Ralph and Ben presented Winter gameplay around Glen Rannock (north end of the map)
- The more elevation, the thicker the snow. South on the map will see more frost.
- Elevation also determines where water is frozen or not.
- There are still roads not covered in snow so that hypercars etc can still be used.
- An onscreen timer will indicate a coming season change, followed by a brief cinematic, then change.
- There's a different world map screen for each season, so Winter's is snowy vs. the amber map of Autumn.
- Some Barn Finds will only appear in specific seasons (the lake island is only accessible in Winter)

Car Mastery: Ben Thaker-Fell showed the new way to earn Skills and spend Skill Points
- Menu shown.
- Every car has its own Car Mastery perk tree, designed toward the car's general use (offroad perks for offroad cars).
- A different car of the same model has the same tree but starts fresh, allowing you to spend points differently.
- There are up to 16 perks within a Mastery tree, unlocked in sequence with accumulated points.
- Unlocked perks stick to cars sold in the Auction House.
- There are new perks from FH3.
- Skill system is the same as previous games - drift, burnout, smash, etc - and can be chained together.
- The developers haven't calculated how long it will take to unlock full Mastery in all 450 cars

Forzathon
- Menu shown, with 1 Weekly and 3 Daily categories, and the Bonus.
- Completing Forzathon challenges earns Forzathon Points
- "Winter Bonus: Complete #Daily and # Weekly Challenge to earn # Bonus FP"
- Forzathon Shop menu shown, with cars, Wheelspins, Horns, and Clothing
- Forzathon Shop offerings change each week.
- "We don't want to gate any [cars]" behind features, so there won't be exclusive cars here not available anywhere else.

User Interface
- Matt Turner and Rich Burns work on menus, HUD, and motion graphics.
- Main Pause menu shown: Home / Horizon Life / Team Adventure / Creative Hub / Cars / Rivals / Clubs / Marketplace
- UI design focus is on pillars: Fun, Freedom, Beauty
- Pre-race menu graphics shown

Bonus Boards
- "usually about 150" boards in Forza Horizon games.
- Some boards are hidden in devious places - example gameplay shown.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 11:55:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:47:33 PM(UTC)
Not to keen on the white space concept... very dull

Why not show your car in the beautiful environment they have created for us?
E30
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:55:00 PM(UTC)
I thought the white space concept looked very crisp and fresh.
Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:59:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post
Not to keen on the white space concept... very dull

Why not show your car in the beautiful environment they have created for us?

Totally agree. Just a lazy way out I think. Where I absolutely despise it is when you cross the finish line and the whole world vanishes except for the cars. Very jarring. Horizon 3 was much better in this regard.

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 3:01:10 PM(UTC)
I thought it was strange that they said seasons just change instantly using a cinematic when I'm almost sure in another video they were talking about how it was a gradual transition.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 3:20:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
I thought it was strange that they said seasons just change instantly using a cinematic when I'm almost sure in another video they were talking about how it was a gradual transition.

I also recall them saying the seasons change would be gradual vs a cinematic cut-scene (which imho would be lame).

Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 4:57:18 PM(UTC)
"We don't want to gate any [cars]" behind features, so there won't be exclusive cars here not available anywhere else.

🇨🇦
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 11:22:59 PM(UTC)
Not seen any info on a live stream next week to show off spring. Can anyone confirm it will be happening please
E30
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 11:54:41 PM(UTC)
The end of the Winter stream confirms that the Spring livestream will be next week on 7/31 at 11am. "We've promised that we will show Edinburgh and competitive racing so we will." https://youtu.be/aEdrvTKcDaA?t=3516
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:15:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: flotie9839 Go to Quoted Post
July 17 Highlights:

I assume since it's a clock. Most games mean't timed events.
So in this game, you probably have to finish the race with enough laps and crossed the line at the right time.

News:
It's not apparently a timed raced, it's all about when you complete certain objectives, you get rewarded.

#40 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:48:58 AM(UTC)
As I look at that Capri FE, I see that T10/PG has taken a page out of The Crew's book by turning a muscle car (along with others, I'm sure) into an off-road beast. Interesting.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:50:45 AM(UTC)
I really hope they do a Q&A stream after the seasons streams are over, they say they will answer questions but they answer maybe 3-4 silly questions during an hour of streaming. I know they are trying to show seasons and they do that very well, and they show features that are new and amazing! But a proper Q&A closer to release would be great.
#42 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 2:31:01 PM(UTC)
Needs more design talks and sessions for 31st
#43 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:29:36 AM(UTC)
hope today they give us more information on maybe a release date for the demo
#44 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:12:01 AM(UTC)
July 31 livestream

Tune in now to www.mixer.com/Forzamotorsport for the hour long stream. DLC codes are being dropped into chat for this clothing item:

https://twitter.com/Forz...atus/1024352907540549632

VOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-48iz6RTly8

Spring Gameplay

Soundtrack
- not revealing the music until the game ships
- Radio Stations overview: Block Party (Mr. Jam), Pulse (Amy Simpson), Block Party (Scott Tyler), Timeless (Don Thompson), Horizon Excess (Malk?), Hospital Records with new music

Audio and the McLaren Senna

Team Adventure

Spring Map:

Edited by user Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:16:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 11:03:05 AM(UTC)
What I want to know is whether racing in Team Adventure is always with contact or not. I mean racing, not Survival. Or was autoghost supposed to be only for online freeroam?
#46 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 12:22:19 PM(UTC)
Im guessing that seeing as the auto ghost works for people your not grouped with in convoy, that perhaps the game considers all 12 players to be "grouped". This perhaps backed up by the guys saying that players need to take care to not collide their teammates when racing in order to maintain a strong team points total.
That is a total guess and maybe there will be a "collisions off" option when selecting team adventure but thinking about my second sentence above, i really dont think thats the case. Especially as they mentioned ranked and competitive modes around team adventure. If youre doing ranked its got to be challenging imo.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:29:35 PM(UTC)
One of the devs said about rewind while freeroam rush. Why it's there, i mean is it a mistake or rewind is really there?
So how they call the team mode competitive? Rewind need to be only in coop or online freeroam. Online adventure and team adventure are not need a rewind.
It's not competitive, it will bring more additional problems and way of cheating.
Hope it's just a mistake.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:45:43 PM(UTC)
Wow what a beautiful game. Those mud trails look so much fun, can't wait to take the Land Cruiser through them. 😎 Also Edinburgh is stunning. I think I'm in full hype mode now!

🇨🇦
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:49:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DeeperGnu613 Go to Quoted Post

So how they call the team mode competitive? Rewind need to be only in coop or online freeroam. Online adventure and team adventure are not need a rewind.
It's not competitive, it will bring more additional problems and way of cheating.

I don't see how it can be used as a cheat if everyone else continues to move forward while you're rewinding.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#50 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:01:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
Wow what a beautiful game. Those mud trails look so much fun, can't wait to take the Land Cruiser through them. 😎 Also Edinburgh is stunning. I think I'm in full hype mode now!

When I saw the demo I literally thought the footage of Edinburgh was real. Watching tonight's stream was incredible. I've not been to Edinburgh for 20 years but will be looking forward to return in a couple of months in-game. Amazing looking game with more content that I could wave [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]!

Edited by user Friday, August 3, 2018 1:55:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error