This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:08:10 AM(UTC)
Love the sound of this and hope for the following:

1. Ability to host championship of more than 10 events.
2. Ability to place at least 99 checkpoints but hopefully 999 to ensure don't run out on long routes.
3. Better presentation for new events without most events being ill thought out by players purely to get achievement.
4. Some kind of board hosting most popular created routes not limited to friends.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:09:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:53:28 PM(UTC)
Yeah before anyone inflates their hopes too much, I have a feeling you can count on the following.

1. A limitation on the number of checkpoints you can use
2. A limitation on the total distance the route can cover
3. A limitation on the number of custom routes you can save before needing to delete existing routes.

There could easily be more limitations.

I'm still excited about the feature. But I'm not sure about mega Goliaths being feasible.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#28 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 6:03:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post

I'm still excited about the feature. But I'm not sure about mega Goliaths being feasible.

In one interview I saw during E3 the Devs confirmed FH4 will have a Goliath circuit, "but players will likely come up with something even crazier" with the route creator.
So it sounds like a mega Goliath could very well be possible.
#29 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 7:30:56 AM(UTC)
I'd like a route that could be set to do 1 lap in an hour!
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 9:19:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shanic Oatmeme Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post

In one interview I saw during E3 the Devs confirmed FH4 will have a Goliath circuit, "but players will likely come up with something even crazier" with the route creator.
So it sounds like a mega Goliath could very well be possible.

Perhaps.

But remember Goliath is typically a perimeter course with long straights. This means you don't need many checkpoints.

Crazier could simply mean it has off-road components or is much twistier but still very long.

It is folly to read into the developer responses too much before the release of the game.

I mean it happens every year before a Horizon or a Motorsport game is released. People will read into one word or one sentence that a developer said during an interview.

Be cynical until it is proven or you just end up disappointed.

Edited by user Friday, July 6, 2018 9:20:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#31 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 6:44:41 AM(UTC)
I spotted during the livestream yesterday the route creator icon : Here

Notice how it is attached to a pre-existent route. I wonder if we'll be able to choose the starting point of a race then.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 7:48:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gae14 Go to Quoted Post

Notice how it is attached to a pre-existent route. I wonder if we'll be able to choose the starting point of a race then.

If you can only use preset starting locations then that might ruin route plans I had based on the map shown during the Autumn stream, as there where no race location at places I wanted to create custom routes.
 9 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 10:57:04 AM(UTC)

If you can only use preset starting locations then that might ruin route plans I had based on the map shown during the Autumn stream, as there where no race location at places I wanted to create custom routes.

We'll share more on the Route Creator later, but to clarify: while you can only start a custom route at any of the existing routes' start locations (and there are loads of them), after that your route is basically wherever you can drive from that point-even far away from the start point, placing checkpoints along the way, adjusting the width of each as you place them. It can be a circuit or a point to point, and is not limited to using the existing road network. In truth, it gives you so much freedom that it's presenting a lot of navigation challenges for Drivatars, and a lot of resulting bugs for Playground to fix as they are finishing the game.
#34 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 2:36:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post
We'll share more on the Route Creator later, but to clarify: while you can only start a custom route at any of the existing routes' start locations (and there are loads of them), after that your route is basically wherever you can drive from that point-even far away from the start point, placing checkpoints along the way, adjusting the width of each as you place them. It can be a circuit or a point to point, and is not limited to using the existing road network. In truth, it gives you so much freedom that it's presenting a lot of navigation challenges for Drivatars, and a lot of resulting bugs for Playground to fix as they are finishing the game.

Oh man I'm going to have so much fun with the route creator. Honestly only be able to use existing starting points is pretty negligible if you can literally take the route anywhere after that. Like I said before, complete game changer, I'm pumped. 😎
#35 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 3:11:04 PM(UTC)
You always give the extra info JONK! Great news

Sucks about the added bugs for the team though.

Edited by user Sunday, July 29, 2018 3:16:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 2:35:31 AM(UTC)
I must Admit, its Awesome to have an ACTUAL Developer come here and talk to us! if only more Studios would do that...

Its a Shame the Route Creator has caused issues for the Team, but at least now we know why it has not been shown!

Still, if anyone can fix them, its the Playground Guys, as they clearly know what they are doing, as many of them have been in the Industry for Years, I see a lot of old Bizarre Creations (I still miss that Studio :( ) Names in the Credits after all! They are, IMO, the best Team MS has in the Stable, so I am fully convinced the mode will be Perfected even before EGX, let alone the Games Launch!

I have already worked out the Route for My Summer "The Colossus of Roads" (Geddit?) Course... all I need to do now is get the Game, get the Keys to an Exotic.. and just Hope I can place enough Checkpoints!

Edited by user Monday, July 30, 2018 2:38:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Sorting out Spelling Errors.

#37 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 11:44:18 PM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4’s Route Creator Will Arrive With First Major Game Update
September 12, 2018
by Kyle Patrick
https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-horizon-4s-route-creator-will-arrive-with-first-major-game-update/

Quote:
One of the most exciting Forza Horizon 4 features Playground Games announced at E3 2018 was the Route Creator. So when we sat down with Ralph Fulton to talk all about the game, we had to prod him for an update on the hotly anticipated feature.

Bad news first. As you can probably guess from the title, the feature won’t be in at launch. This revelation comes straight from Fulton himself, during our chat. “It’s not going to make it for launch, but it will be there in a matter of weeks after launch,” Fulton told us in San Francisco. “It won’t be a significant amount of time to wait.”

#38 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:16:18 AM(UTC)
should've known the game would be released "not complete" typical T10!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:49:10 AM(UTC)
I hope that's because they are adding more to it and giving more freedom. I also hope weeks don't turn into months. That was one of the first things I wanted to do if possible... damn it.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#40 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:51:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
should've known the game would be released "not complete" typical T10!!

Yeah... you don´t know that PG makes the Horizon games, do you?
I´m fine with the Route Creator being released a few weeks later if it works perfectly then. I would hate it if it was unfinished and caused a lot of bugs
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 11:22:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JONK1969 Go to Quoted Post

Please make Mega Goliath possible !
Make Forza Great Again.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:59:52 AM(UTC)
Any guesses at to when the Route Creator will be in the game? And does anyone know for sure if we'll be able to make or choose custom routes for most race events like the blueprint system of FH3?

One of the biggest letdowns of FH3 for me was the shorter distance of all the point to point races, they were all 3-6miles max. Races felt like they ended before they even started! The circuits were real short too (1-2m), but could at least be made longer with more laps in some modes. Then you have the Goliath which was 29m! It's insane there were no P2P races somewhere in the middle 8-25mile range. The Route Creator could definitely "fix" that, as long as the custom routes can be used like the custom blueprint race setups were in FH3.

I'm slightly worried about burning out on the game before the Route Creator is in there to allow for more flexibility and variety. I hope we don't have to wait too long.

Has there been any news on some longer stock routes this time? I don't imagine they'll be all that different from FH3's structure.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 11:06:45 AM(UTC)
Motorworldhype's interview with Ralph Fulton earlier this month discussed Route Creator. P2P and circuit, unlimited checkpoints, upper limit on the distance is "so enormous it shouldn't constrain you."
https://youtu.be/KEAmPnsxThU?t=62
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:56:52 PM(UTC)
Good to hear. Really enjoyed the custom route maker in FH3. Gonna spend loads of time on this.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:36:59 PM(UTC)
Hey, anyone knows if FH3-like blue print (car class, weather, time of day, season...) is part of route creator and will come after release or is it different option that will be available from the first day?

Cheers!
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:52:41 AM(UTC)
This has probably already been asked but they didn't get rid of being able to blueprint races any way we like did they, because that was a really enjoyable feature. I didn't see anything in the demo about it.
 2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:50:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneGrumpyUncle Go to Quoted Post
This has probably already been asked but they didn't get rid of being able to blueprint races any way we like did they, because that was a really enjoyable feature. I didn't see anything in the demo about it.

Blueprint will be there, its a pop up option when you roll up to a race location same as FH3, not in the demo but will be in full game.
#48 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 7:00:26 PM(UTC)
How do you create a blueprint race in Forza Horizon 4?
#49 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:01:26 PM(UTC)
Blueprint is a bit broken at the moment. It only populates the race with starter cars and gift card when you choose a more open class like Anything Goes.

PC & XB1
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:29:11 AM(UTC)
anyone knows how to delete them??
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error