1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 2:21:52 AM(UTC)
Having watched the footage from the recent stream of Horizon 4 I noticed the the number plates appear to be just a yellow and black version of the plates used in Horizon 3. My question is wether these are the final design or will they be adjusted? I’ve yet to see if front plates have been included in game either. UK road law requires all cars to display both front and rear number plates (reflective white on the front, yellow on the rear, black letters/numbers) using a standardised font and spacing. If they make such a big deal about the road signs as they did in the stream then it would be nice to see the same attention to detail to other things too.
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:02:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RichWard25 Go to Quoted Post
UK road law requires all cars to display both front and rear number plates (reflective white on the front, yellow on the rear, black letters/numbers) using a standardised font and spacing.

Imagine my shock if traffic laws were ever to be broken in a game like Forza Horizon 4.
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:06:31 AM(UTC)
Plates only exist in the Horizon games for aesthetic purposes. There are probably some hyper and race cars that don’t have the mount for a front plate.

-k
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 7:39:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Imagine my shock if traffic laws were ever to be broken in a game like Forza Horizon 4.

Don’t try to be smart, I was simply referring to how the plates look.
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 7:46:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
Plates only exist in the Horizon games for aesthetic purposes. There are probably some hyper and race cars that don’t have the mount for a front plate.

-k

I’m not disputing this, but if they are going for aesthetics then it doesn’t hurt to look correct. Regarding hyper cars and race cars, race cars are exactly that, not road legal so they wouldn’t have a rear plate either. Hyper cars would still have a front number plate to be driven on UK (and most European) roads, even if it is just a self adhesive plate on the bonnet. They’re not strictly legal, but they are enough to satisfy police in certain cases.
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 3:11:11 PM(UTC)
They didnt do them correctly in fh3 so who knows
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 3:52:04 PM(UTC)
For photography purposes I'd rather no front plate, realistic or not. 😏

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:16:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

And just how would you know, you some sort of Australian expert??🤣
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 5:16:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RichWard25 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

Don’t try to be smart, I was simply referring to how the plates look.

I don't think he was trying.
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 8:53:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

They didn't do them correctly. Different colours and designs in each state and both number plates are compulsory plus you have numbers before letters and letters before numbers depending on where you are.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 10:41:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post

They didn't do them correctly. Different colours and designs in each state and both number plates are compulsory plus you have numbers before letters and letters before numbers depending on where you are.

I have Personalised Plates on me Jeep and I am sure some of you here could guess the First 3 Letters of my Plates, Could not get the numbers I wanted though😥😥😥

But some good news for $3,000 I can have Alan JT on Black back ground with White ,Silver or yellow Print so very tempting

Edited by user Monday, July 16, 2018 5:56:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 11:25:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post

Now look here, I've been to the outback steakhouse. All the plates on the vehicles there, look just like the plates in the game
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:54:22 PM(UTC)
Id like the option to have front and rear or no plates too.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:47:28 PM(UTC)
As an enthusiast for classics, it would be nice to see an option to have classic black plates too! So the blower Bentley and other classic cars look a bit better with the number plate option turned on.. simply change between classic style plates, modern plates or no plates would be a nice addition to see, strongly doubt it would happen though
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:42:15 PM(UTC)
I hope it isn't required if that's the case. Front plates are hideous. If anything, maybe a toggle feature to either have a front plate or not.

Notification

Icon
Error