13 Pages1234>>PrevNext
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:16:32 AM(UTC)
Is a Multiplayer-Only thingy?
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:26:47 AM(UTC)
To me it looks a lot like the challenges in Burnout Paradise
Which was a lot of fun but also frustrating when people dropped out
Rank: Racing Legend
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:41:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: flotie9839 Go to Quoted Post
Is a Multiplayer-Only thingy?


https://twitter.com/jonk...1017550407747305473?s=19

According to this there is single player forzathon events as well

Edited by user Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:47:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:46:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: flotie9839 Go to Quoted Post
Is a Multiplayer-Only thingy?


https://twitter.com/jonk...1017550407747305473?s=19
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:50:48 PM(UTC)
I like this idea. This way you can save over time to buy what you want. I still hate the fact that the Porsche 928 in FH3 was available during a single VIP only Forzathon event.

-k
Rank: Racing Legend
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:19:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
I like this idea. This way you can save over time to buy what you want. I still hate the fact that the Porsche 928 in FH3 was available during a single VIP only Forzathon event.

-k


There was 2 porsches that weekend
Cant remember the other one
But you didnt have to be VIP to get it
There was ways around it
Rank: Forza Staff
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:49:46 AM(UTC)
From the Autumn livestream:
https://youtu.be/2WCMyxxAUP4?t=1802

- Forzathon Live events start every hour.
- Everyone in the world will be going to the same Forzathon Live event.
- The blimp will hover over the Forzathon Live location so you know where to go.
- There are three stages of increasing difficulty within a Forzathon Live event, to be fully completed within 15 minutes.
- There is only a group score, no individual tracking for progress toward the stage target.
- Rewind is enabled in Forzathon Live
- Every week, as the season changes, the Forzathon Shop is restocked with fresh content.
- Forzathon Shop items are things you would normally get from a random Wheelspin reward, but in the Forzathon Shop you can choose what you want (including Legendary cars).
- Because the number of Forzathon points you can earn in a week is limited, you may want to save your points to a future week to buy the car you've been waiting for.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
Rank: Driver's Permit
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:57:36 AM(UTC)
Max do you know if hourly forzathon live events are only for gold users??
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 8:30:58 AM(UTC)
This is a Good Idea, But im worried about 1 thing!

What Happens if you happen to be in a lobby at the time of the Forzathon Live and 90% of the lobby is Crashing into eachother or Drag Racing without caring to do the Forzathon? that would leave you and maybe 1 or 2 others frantically trying to reach the group goal!
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:00:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MysteriousGT1 Go to Quoted Post
This is a Good Idea, But im worried about 1 thing!

What Happens if you happen to be in a lobby at the time of the Forzathon Live and 90% of the lobby is Crashing into eachother or Drag Racing without caring to do the Forzathon? that would leave you and maybe 1 or 2 others frantically trying to reach the group goal!


Crashing won't be a problem due to the auto ghosting.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: X-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:01:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mdbforza Go to Quoted Post
Max do you know if hourly forzathon live events are only for gold users??


They are multiplayer events, so I would assume yes.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:39:19 AM(UTC)
I am hoping that this Hourly stuff does not ruin the uniqueness of the Forzathons. You know the whole "too much of a good thing".
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:16:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
- (including Legendary cars).
- Because the number of Forzathon points you can earn in a week is limited, you may want to save your points to a future week to buy the car you've been waiting for.


I don't like the sound of that after the ridiculous number of locked cars in FM7...
Rank: Forza Staff
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:09:59 PM(UTC)
The July 24th "Winter" stream showed off the Forzathon menu under the Horizon Life tab:

https://youtu.be/aEdrvTKcDaA?t=1422



DAILY CHALLENGES
"Beyond every hour [Forzathon Live] we wanted to make sure players have something to do every day, so you now get daily challenges." These are quick challenges similar to those in FH3, such as X number of Skills, for quick Forzathon Points. "You'll get one Daily Challenge a day. You don't have to absolutely complete it that day. We allow you to keep three, so if you've been away for the weekend and come back you've still got the last couple of days worth so you can quickly rattle those off."

WEEKLY CHALLENGES
"The Weekly Challenge is all about getting into a particular special car or a particular type of car." "This will give you many more points than a Daily but will take a lot more work to do, like half an hour's play." Complete all four stages in order to earn the Forzathon Points.

SEASON BONUS
The menu also shows Bonus FP for completing # Daily Challenges + the Weekly.

FORZATHON SHOP
The Forzathon Shop menu from the stream shows cars, Car Horn, Wheelspin, Super Wheelspin, and Clothing Item to purchase with your Forzathon Points, with a timer. "Every week when the season changes its stock changes. You don't lose Forzathon Points, you can save them up as long as you want." Q: Will there be an exclusive items in the Forzathon Shop that you're not going to be able to get in the game elsewhere? "I don't think so, no. We don't want to gate any content in the game behind a specific feature. We haven't gated any behind this feature. So it will all be stuff that you can get in different ways throughout the game. But like Ben says it's the perfect shop front to come to and get that thing you really want that just hasn't been landing for you in the Wheelspin." The Shop only takes FP, not CR.

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:12:25 AM(UTC)
Given the sheer amount of drama showing up in the forums every #Forzathon in FH3, and concerning objectives, rules, definitions, translations, basic mathematics, etc. I thought I'd make a post on how the economy of the #Forzathon Points works in FH4:

1 week = 7 days = 1 in-game season = 1 Weekly Challenge = 1 stock of #Forzathon Shop offers to choose from.

How to earn #Forzathon Points:
- you get 30 #Forzathon Points for each (hourly!) #Forzathon Live, which is made of 3 different parts and you have to complete them all, each and every single one of them has to be completed by your multiplayer group within 15 minutes
- you get 100 #Forzathon Points for each Weekly Challenge, which is made of 4 different parts and you have to complete them all
- you get 10 #Forzathon Points for each Daily Challenge
- you get 30 additional #Forzathon Points as a bonus in Winter if you complete the Weekly Challenge and (all) 7 Daily Challenges, I expect somewhat similar bonuses for the other three seasons
- you are given a Daily Challenge each day, if you don't complete it the day it is given, you can complete it some time later
- you get to keep up to 3 Daily Challenges you have not yet completed, ultimately you can get the same amount of #Forzathon Points from Daily Challenges as a player that religiously logs in every single day to beat them, but chances are you won't be able to do that if you log in only once per week
- there is a maximum amount of #Forzathon Points you can have in a week, so you can't exactly "farm" them as easily as other in-game resources you can accumulate (credits, influence, car mastery perk points...)
- you get to keep your #Forzathon Points for the next week if you didn't spend them all for whatever reason

#Forzathon Points are spent to purchase what is offered by the #Forzathon Shop, its stock is renewed on a weekly basis, here are some example prices:
- 1 Wheelspin costs 10 #Forzathon Points
- 1 Super Wheelspin costs 50 #Forzathon Points
- 1 article of Epic Clothing can cost 20 #Forzathon Points (example: Floral Wellies for feet)
- 1 Legendary Car Horn can cost 30 #Forzathon Points (example: Sea of Thieves Theme Car Horn)
- 1 Rare Car can cost 15 #Forzathon Points (example: 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II)
- 1 Forza Edition Car can cost 300 #Forzathon Points (example: 1974 Ford Capri RS3100 Forza Edition)
- if you already have an identical car in your garage and you want another of the same model, you can purchase a new one in the #Forzathon Shop

Now let the drama begin!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 6:08:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:48:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Given the sheer amount of drama showing up in the forums every #Forzathon in FH3


I never had too much trouble. Most of the weeks everything worked fine, there were only a couple times I can remember it being messed up. On one week, the car that was being offered in the Forzathon was somehow not in the game yet, but everyone who completed the challenge got the car later on when they added it. Another time, everyone received a bunch of credits instead of wheelspins (or something along those lines) and also maybe a couple other instances that I don't remember. But overall I remember it working just fine usually for me. But virtually every week there were
still complaints in the forums about the challenges not working. The FM7 Forzathons on the other hand were just plain broken right from the get go, having to restart the game for the challenges to complete if I recall. I haven't even played that game in a long time so I don't know if those were ever fixed (I assume they were).

Edited by user Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:49:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Faithful since FM4.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:57:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
hourly content? Some people have lives and can't be playing ALL THE Time.



Or you can look at it differently and say : "they do it hourly just because some people have lives and can't be playing ALL THE Time" ...

Imagine if they only did it once a day during office hours ? Would be worse then hourly events, don't you agree ?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 6:05:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
virtually every week there were still complaints in the forums about the challenges not working. The FM7 Forzathons on the other hand were just plain broken right from the get go, having to restart the game for the challenges to complete if I recall. I haven't even played that game in a long time so I don't know if those were ever fixed (I assume they were).

Let's assume FH4 will have a #Forzathon that works perfectly... wait for when our local mathematical prodigies find out the hard way that completing the Weekly and all 7 Dailies can give you no more than 200 FP, you need 300 for the Forza Edition car, and the clock is still ticking.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#44 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2018 9:11:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post
virtually every week there were still complaints in the forums about the challenges not working. The FM7 Forzathons on the other hand were just plain broken right from the get go, having to restart the game for the challenges to complete if I recall. I haven't even played that game in a long time so I don't know if those were ever fixed (I assume they were).

Let's assume FH4 will have a #Forzathon that works perfectly... wait for when our local mathematical prodigies find out the hard way that completing the Weekly and all 7 Dailies can give you no more than 200 FP, you need 300 for the Forza Edition car, and the clock is still ticking.


They also pointed out that rewards points and prices have not yet been finalized and are subject to change

Rank: Driver's Permit
#45 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:16:26 AM(UTC)
Forzathon Live is available in solo offline mode?
Rank: Racing Legend
#46 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 12:35:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Exxan Go to Quoted Post
Forzathon Live is available in solo offline mode?


No
Rank: Forza Staff
 2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:38:08 AM(UTC)
Regular Forzathon events are available in offline mode, but Forzathon Live is only available online.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
Rank: Driver's Permit
#48 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:09:36 PM(UTC)
Not much instruction on how hourly Forzathon's work other than there's small rewards for taking part. My question is where in the menu can you find them? I see the daily and weekly challenges in the Summer #Forzathon section that's currently under way but how do these hourly ones present themselves? I must be missing something or has that aspect not gone live yet?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#49 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:15:38 PM(UTC)
You get a pop up at the top of the screen asking if you want to join, about 5 minutes before the hour.

They only appear after you get to level 20.
Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube






Rank: S-Class Racing License
#50 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 4:01:52 PM(UTC)
You say there's a limit to how many points can be earned in a week. Has the exact amount been confirmed, or has anyone ran into the limit yet and can say?
13 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error