3 Pages123PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:45:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds more PGR2 than TDU to me, could be my age though & remembering good times hooning round the city streets of Edinburgh in that game too. Happy days

I was thinking PGR2 as well, you had to expand your garage to have more cars, which meant buying new garages in different sites. I recall some devs who worked on PGR2 are in PG.
HSV
I just want one!
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:47:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds more PGR2 than TDU to me, could be my age though & remembering good times hooning round the city streets of Edinburgh in that game too. Happy days
PGR 2,3,4,all great,one is coming as BC for the one x.

2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 4:21:52 AM(UTC)
it would be cool if you could pick two of your vehicles from your garage to be parked up front or at least one...maybe you get to create a symbol on the map for your ownership....maybe you could host a car meet at your property....if it is big enough....
#29 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 4:32:48 AM(UTC)
I apologise for posting this without the source, but I am at work at the moment.

In one of the E3 interviews on Youtube one of the PG devs mentioned that Edinburgh Castle would be purchasable as a player home. He finished his sentence (when describing the houses available) with "all the way up to Edinburgh Castle". It seemed to be glossed over quickly, but it was pretty clear that he said that. That will probably be one of the end-game money sinks.

Edited by user Friday, June 15, 2018 4:33:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

4 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 6:01:59 AM(UTC)
Doesn't sound like a special feature. Don't get your hopes up kids.

Sounds more like a progression thing with one or multiple achievements associated with owning your first and probably all.
#31 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 9:53:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Doesn't sound like a special feature. Don't get your hopes up kids.

Sounds more like a progression thing with one or multiple achievements associated with owning your first and probably all.

Agreed, Swerve. I’m trying to not get myself expecting anything. If I had the resources to make why I’d love to see, that’s one thing. What we actually get is a completely different thing.

It’ll still be Horizon, I’m sure the game will be good and played by me for a long time. Still, here’s to hoping for some cool stuff!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 3 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 12:09:01 PM(UTC)
I like that perks are tied to houses. That'll make it fun buying them. I don't like that you can access the paint booth and autoshow in the garages. They should be tied to separate places like in TUD2. I don't mean actual dealerships as there are like 100 manufacturers but an actual autoshow and paint booth like in FH1 would be nice. Having new backgrounds for ForzaVista will be fun too.

Hopefully they add new houses with expansions and new perks too to keep the game fresh.
#33 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 12:56:05 PM(UTC)
Even if it's literally just like getting new festival sites except with nicer looks, that's fine by me.
#34 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 1:45:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Even if it's literally just like getting new festival sites except with nicer looks, that's fine by me.

Same here. However, it's a really good foundation to move forward with for future Horizon titles.
 2 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 2:04:45 PM(UTC)
The houses just seem to me like re-skins of the old outposts, except with perks and Forzavista attached to them.

As a credit dump, they'll be nice though.
One of "The 50"
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 4:05:48 PM(UTC)
Sounds like another missed opportunity to do something new and special to me. Again, my opinion. But it’s a common thing that I find myself thinking. Hope I’m wrong.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:18:32 AM(UTC)
We've seen how they work in some of the E3 demos. There are three cars parked in front of the homes with ForzaVista viewing options for all three. Whether or not we will be allowed to choose which 3 cars are shown there I do not know. Or possibly at larger homes .... will more than three cars be shown?
#38 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 1:22:27 PM(UTC)
I've always wanted a huge area to show off cars for others or maybe for a picture. I know 700-900 in 7 is impossible and 450+ here is too but it would be great to have 20-25 of your favorite cars to display if you go to your place with others!

Also if there's perks attached to the homes and businesses what's the point of the stunt meter this time around? Is the perk store gone? I know there's a forzathon store for completing events.
#39 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 3:48:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like another missed opportunity to do something new and special to me. Again, my opinion. But it’s a common thing that I find myself thinking. Hope I’m wrong.

I'd like to give an example of what I'm on about. I just started playing FH3 with a second profile. As I am filling out my map with roads and exploring I'm seeing all these little houses or properties, even almost trailer park or tiny community spots that are just random spots with roads to check off.

What has always bothered me and to the point if this thread still bothers me is that these are perfect locations for player houses. They already exist. It would just be a matter of making them the purchasable properties. (I understand this is in 3 but I'm sure there will be random free standing buildings in 4 as well)

Have friends homes work like barn finds. What is being described seems sorta pointless.

Who what's to make a game with me?! Lol!!

Edited by user Sunday, June 17, 2018 3:50:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#40 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 4:57:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Wildcat Go to Quoted Post
We've seen how they work in some of the E3 demos. There are three cars parked in front of the homes with ForzaVista viewing options for all three.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Wow funny WildCat Remember the Forza 7 Garage that was full of cars in the previews and looked so wonderful, getting players thinking that they could have a bunch of cars in the Garage at once don't know about your Forza 7 Garage but mine is Pretty empty with only the one car showing. 😰😰😭😰 And remember it is a demo That gives you 3 cars to select from at the start of the demo.

Will we be able to have cars parked out front of the House is my guess no not at all the house are just extra Festival sites you can fast travel to and look at one car at a time in Forza Vision
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 6:03:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I JMM94 I Go to Quoted Post
I think houses are just re-skinned festival sites.

Meaning that we see one car in garage, other cars are behind menus. And we can't walk around in houses.

So I'm pretty sure we will have nothing like in TDU.

Agreed

"Integrity, is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." -Anonymous and/or Paraphrase -Charles Marshall.
#42 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 3:03:05 PM(UTC)
I kind of hope it's like The Crew 2 where you pick your "floor car" and if you want to change it you hop just click on it.
#43 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 6:26:53 AM(UTC)
Guys there will be no garage. Each property works like festival. Where you can paint/upgrade or buy a new car. In each property you have Forza vista and there will be only the car which you pick from you list. You can actually see this at the IGN video with McLaren Senna at one property near lake.
#44 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 9:04:32 AM(UTC)
Yes there will be no garage, but every home will have it's own unique ForzaVista.
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 10:06:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W89 PL Go to Quoted Post
Guys there will be no garage. Each property works like festival. Where you can paint/upgrade or buy a new car. In each property you have Forza vista and there will be only the car which you pick from you list. You can actually see this at the IGN video with McLaren Senna at one property near lake.

I totally understand that this is all we are getting. I'm still of the opinion that it's another missed opportunity to have done some unique and cool.

It is what it is.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#46 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 11:36:57 AM(UTC)
There'll be no garage?!!

User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#47 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 5:24:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreezngStorm599 Go to Quoted Post
There'll be no garage?!!

Wait a sec we did have it in one Horizon Add on the Fast an the Furious or something you could see the cars in the garage so there is a glimmer of Hope but just a very tiny glimmer
 2 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:35:50 AM(UTC)
That is the kind of thing that adds to my frustration. There are so many things that have been sort of introduced in one way or another and never expanded upon. Such as the aforementioned FnF garage in Nice. Along with that little nugget was nitrous, that was somewhat less need for speedy and more real lifeish, at least it didn’t refill from drifting, lol.

Point is, they could have done something unique and really cool. I may be in a minority but these types of things are big time missed chances to push the series ahead of everything else. I’ll still play it and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it very much. I miss the days of devs really pushing what CAN be done. Less driver gear and more CAR gear!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 7:44:16 PM(UTC)
Q: Is the property that VIPs get for free also available to all other players with CR? Are any properties exclusive one-time rewards (ie, unavailable for any price, or Tiers-required)?
A: "There are no "exclusive" properties in Horizon 4. If you have enough credits to own it, you can."
- Jon Knoles
#50 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 7:03:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
That is the kind of thing that adds to my frustration. There are so many things that have been sort of introduced in one way or another and never expanded upon. Such as the aforementioned FnF garage in Nice. Along with that little nugget was nitrous, that was somewhat less need for speedy and more real lifeish, at least it didn’t refill from drifting, lol.

Point is, they could have done something unique and really cool. I may be in a minority but these types of things are big time missed chances to push the series ahead of everything else. I’ll still play it and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it very much. I miss the days of devs really pushing what CAN be done. Less driver gear and more CAR gear!

Nitrous wasn't my kind of thing in FnF, though to replace it, I'd love if cars that had DRS or KERS could be manually deployed.The garage in FnF was really cool though, I did like that.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error