2 Pages12Next
 8 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 12:08:06 AM(UTC)
Man, am I hyped already! Gotta push the pedal to the metal in FM5-7 to increase my Forza Tier before october :D

To get me in the mood I ordered a custom xbox controller from Xbox Design Labs that I gonna pimp up a little with two stickers to make it perfect :D

"RACING IS LIFE"

Just a 1" Gulf sticker and a custom-made number decal, et voilà LeMans feeling.

Like Steve McQueen
All I need's a fast machine
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 8:25:32 AM(UTC)
That color scheme is incredible.
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 1:03:04 PM(UTC)
Yeah can't believe that those colours are actually available direct from MSoft.
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:20:45 PM(UTC)
B E utiful. I think I like that controller better than the Forza Edition Elite controller.

"Integrity, is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching." -Anonymous and/or Paraphrase -Charles Marshall.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:38:26 PM(UTC)
It's unfortunate that Xbox and T10 keep pulling down their official videos, because in May last year Dan Greenawalt had a brief video talking about his "24H Legend" Xbox Design Labs Originals controller featuring the Gulf colors.
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/860901998538960896
Edit: fortunately someone else saved it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gTdA7sRWP8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_KJzZ7XoAAjHkO.jpg

He unboxes it in this Forza livestream VOD (25 minutes in for about a half hour.): www.twitch.tv/videos/145222679

Xbox Design Labs currently offers "The Speedster" inspired by FM7 and the Porsche 911 GT2 RS grey scheme:
https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-us/view?instanceid=6a8cb1f6-7393-426b-8f82-4d76fdf0e0c6

Edited by user Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:49:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 3:46:58 PM(UTC)
That's such a nice controller. 😍

🇨🇦
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 6:53:48 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure there's a more well know color combo ever in the racing world. I like it!
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 3:19:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure there's a more well know color combo ever in the racing world. I like it!

I agree. I toyed around with design lab on my flight to Texas(hello Viper Exchange) and none of the other color schemes of Sunoco, Martini, Ferrari, and the likes blended so well together.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:58:58 PM(UTC)
Thanks, guys. I'm really curious about the finished product. The Gulf stickers (great quality) came in already and the controller will arrive by tomorrow.

Still working out the number sticker, and how to make it smear-proof. The thing will be rather small, like a European 2ct coin (1.8cm). Gonna post photos and the jpeg of the reconstructed car number (didn't find a fitting font) when it's done.

Here's the link to the design lab:
https://xboxdesignlab.xb...e-4423-8637-835bd62e2989

I decided against the rubberized grips to not destroy the Gulf-look. Black on grey buttons and menu aswell as storm grey for thumbsticks and triggers give a more unified look. "RACING IS LIFE" is the shortened quote from Steve McQueen's LeMans movie.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

The number is done too now, the quality should suffice:

The cutting line might look a bit thick, but it will be a very small print later.

Edited by user Monday, July 2, 2018 9:01:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 3:59:43 PM(UTC)
I liked it so well I ordered one. Went with black, where yours is Ash grey, and gray on black buttons, with my gamer tag on it.
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:33:56 AM(UTC)
The pad has arrived. Its colours are a bit brighter and more vibrant than on the preview but I'm rather pleased with the results. Atm. a lower quality number sticker from my label machine has to suffice till the inkjet vinyl are there for replacement.

I literally brought the pad to the road for the pictures:

[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/262iqFE]
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 1:07:31 PM(UTC)
More inspiration and art:

"British racing at its best 'Forza Horizon 4' Xbox One concept controller"
@ExtremeConsoles
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:54:39 PM(UTC)
That is nothing short of gorgeous, Toran. Got me tempted now!

🇨🇦
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 3:44:05 AM(UTC)
It would be nice to see Microsoft come out with another Forza inspired official controller. If you ever get a chance to pick up the blue Forza controller from Forza 6, it is a really good buy!

-k
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 11:54:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
It would be nice to see Microsoft come out with another Forza inspired official controller. If you ever get a chance to pick up the blue Forza controller from Forza 6, it is a really good buy!

-k

I agree, picked one of those up awhile back. Like the stickers it came with too!
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:00:43 PM(UTC)
Microsoft is pretty fast, I ordered on the 2nd, just got my shipping notification!
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:24:49 PM(UTC)
Microsoft is pretty fast, I ordered on the 2nd, just got my shipping notification!

Yeah I was pretty surprised too. The website mentions something about 14 days but it only took 7 days from order to production and delivery from Dongguan (north of Hongkong) to Germany.

The Fedex driver couldn't deliver the parcel the first time though, as the house number wasn't written on the address label (despite being shown on the notification e-mail). You might want to contact Fedex preemptively.

2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:32:47 AM(UTC)
No issues with delivery here. Ordered the 2nd, FedEx dropped it of on the 9th. Now to find some appropriate stickers!

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:44:47 AM(UTC)
No issues with delivery here. Ordered the 2nd, FedEx dropped it of on the 9th. Now to find some appropriate stickers!

I got mine from a guy in the UK via ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i...y-licensed-/261556901132

If you're from the US, Amazon.com has an automotive section where you can get decals and stickers too. I wouldn't go much wider than 1 inch for the Gulf sticker though.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 5:54:05 AM(UTC)
I found someone on eBay in the US with a pair of 1" decals, 2.19 shipped. Saw several assorted sizes and even '3d' decals from Europe but I was going through that.

If I feel these are too big, I'll drop them off at my buddies graphics design business and see if he can scan and shrink them, and what kind of vinyl adhesive material he's got.

I've had h repro some discontinued car graphics for me when I've restored old cars for people. Pretty cool what he can do just taking a photo and a couple measurements
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:38:18 AM(UTC)

Got my stickers in
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 8:47:17 PM(UTC)
Got my stickers in

Nice! Now it's time to drive in some Forza Points (unless you're maxed already),. Pedal to the metal!

I managed to clear Tier 10 since I got the gamepad, but I probably won't see Tier 11 before FH4 (missing FM6 Apex and FM2-4) and squeezing the remaining points from Gamescore & Badges in FH and FM5-7 will take quite some effort. With the FH4 release, Turn 10 probably will change weekly rewards again and Tier 10 becomes the new Tier 9 (ugh....)

#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 5:48:13 AM(UTC)
You know the Apex demo is free? Can easily get another 500 points plus just from the demo, maybe close to the entire 1000, not sure though. Yeah, I'm about as maxed as I can get. Got 21181, might be able to get to 21500, but I doubt it
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:48:18 AM(UTC)
You know the Apex demo is free? Can easily get another 500 points plus just from the demo, maybe close to the entire 1000, not sure though. Yeah, I'm about as maxed as I can get. Got 21181, might be able to get to 21500, but I doubt it

I'm not sure, what do you mean by demo (Apex is just a tiny game wit less content and features than FM6), but, yes, Apex is free and you can get all 1000 points (the cars and tracks add-on has no effect on it).

2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:33:52 PM(UTC)

What do you guys think about this one?
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error