3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 1:55:31 PM(UTC)
I agree that disqualification is too harsh, primarily because the game isn’t going to be able to judge a drivers intent. It would probably be difficult for the game to even decipher who was at fault.

That said, a system that punishes contact would be a great addition. Maybe one hit is free, but anything after 1 bump adds collision points. Drivers with more points per race are placed together. Drivers with fewer average points per race are put on different servers. Race clean and you get placed with other clean racers. Or something like that.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:19:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munithe EXT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SpeedingCow8947 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

[quote]Also, how do you determine what's trolling from a mistake, such as missing the braking point or a controller dying during a race?

You don't. They should be equally punishable.

If you think their should be some sort of penalty against those who miss a braking point, or have controller die on them...you're seriously delusional. What sort of mental gymnastics did you have to do in order to come to that conclusion? Missing a braking point, is a simple, honest human error.. It's a perfectly normal thing to have happen.. You're coming up to a corner and decide you can late brake into the corner, but you misjudge how much distance there is to said corner, while carrying too much speed and end up crashing into something, causing someone to rear end you or vice-versa. I'm not going to bother addressing punishing someone for their controller dying during a race..

Seriously though, I'd love to know why you think it'd be okay to punish people for either of the above mentioned things.

Because you chose to drive recklessly and caused a crash. It might be an error of judgement, but it was your fault for driving badly and causing the accident. Whether it was a mistake or intentional should make no difference, if you don't want to be penalised, then you should make an effort to avoid penalisiation. It's funny you call me delusional for suggesting this idea, when such penalties already exist in the game. When you miss a checkpoint, you are penalised. This can also be caused by human error or a disconnected controller. So you are saying the game devs are delusional for including this feature in the game. Perhaps you can make your own thread and explain to the devs why you think they are delusional. I personally feel it's unfair that a player is punished for being pushed out of a checkpoint, while the player doing the reckless and disruptive action is not.

Jeez, you are seriously dense.. In response to someone else, you said someone should be punished for missing a braking zone. Then in response to me, you're saying that there are penalties for causing wrecks. Since we're talking specifically about online racing, tell me, what penalties in game are there for wrecking someone? I'm not at all taking about missing a checkpoint for whatever reason, I'm only asking about online racing. You don't get time added to your lap on a circuit race, nor do yo get time added to your time on a sprint/street race. You aren't reset at a point further back on the track, like you are when missing a checkpoint, no XP gets taken away, you aren't kicked out of the race/lobby...nothing of the sort happens. So maybe you know of some sort of magical mystery penalty that I don't..

Oh and before I forget, you still didn't address the issue, of, why someone that has a controller which dies during a race and causes a wreck, should be penalized for that.
"Men with guts attack those corners!"

-Keiichi Tsuchiya
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:23:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MacDubois Go to Quoted Post
I agree that disqualification is too harsh, primarily because the game isn’t going to be able to judge a drivers intent. It would probably be difficult for the game to even decipher who was at fault.

That said, a system that punishes contact would be a great addition. Maybe one hit is free, but anything after 1 bump adds collision points. Drivers with more points per race are placed together. Drivers with fewer average points per race are put on different servers. Race clean and you get placed with other clean racers. Or something like that.

Yes, it might be difficult to create an accurate and logical algorithm but I think the game already processes enough telemetric data to create a system which can determine who is at fault. If I hit a car in the side head on, and then that car crashes into another car, the game can determine it was my car that caused the crash and I made no effort to avoid it. The same idea can be used with slamming side on into other cars. If I am approaching a corner at an inappropriate speed and don't use my brakes and fly off the track, taking other cars with me, the game could determine it is my fault. Even if it is a genuine mistake, it is still my fault and telemetric data could be used to determine that. As for penalties, I think disqualification from a single race would be the more extreme end of the spectrum, while other penalties could include being held back for a certain number of seconds. I think the penalties should reflect the severity of the action, which could be judged by telemetric data.

#54 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:30:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeedingCow8947 Go to Quoted Post
Jeez, you are seriously dense.. In response to someone else, you said someone should be punished for missing a braking zone. Then in response to me, you're saying that there are penalties for causing wrecks. Since we're talking specifically about online racing, tell me, what penalties in game are there for wrecking someone? I'm not at all taking about missing a checkpoint for whatever reason, I'm only asking about online racing. You don't get time added to your lap on a circuit race, nor do yo get time added to your time on a sprint/street race. You aren't reset at a point further back on the track, like you are when missing a checkpoint, no XP gets taken away, you aren't kicked out of the race/lobby...nothing of the sort happens. So maybe you know of some sort of magical mystery penalty that I don't..

Oh and before I forget, you still didn't address the issue, of, why someone that has a controller which dies during a race and causes a wreck, should be penalized for that.

I never said there are penalties for causing wrecks, I said there SHOULD be penalties for causing wrecks. You called me delusional for saying people should be punished for genuine mistakes and I pointed out that people are already punished for genuine mistakes. How are you not understanding that? And I'm not sure why you need to point out this is an online game... What are you getting at exactly? Are you saying it's fine to be penalised for missing a checkpoint, for whatever reason, but it's not okay to punish other types of bad driving? As for the controller disconnection issue, I don't think it is relevant. If your controller disconnects and you miss a checkpoint, you get punished for it. Why should it be different when causing wrecks?

2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:31:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
of these the only mistake made was the PI balance of the V12 engine swap.
people who used the XP boards to their advantage were just smarter than the average bear!!

Absolutely wrong. The game is about racing. Not drifting. Placing actually last but winning 1st because you drove with "style" is game breaking. Kept a lot of people from enjoying multiplayer.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:49:33 PM(UTC)
I agree on the PI weighting; it was way off with being usually impossible to upgrade tyres without jumping classes. Also agree on dropping XP from online, and they need to work on the event selections. In my experience FH3 made it so either all events were VERY close together, or VERY far apart. There was no sensible middleground and no nice varied roadtrips with races AND playgrounds, which FH2 was so good at providing. The locations also just weren't as interesting, but that is another matter … which I REALLY hope FH4 addresses, especially with some actual Nice or bigger cities again, and all that al fresco dining WRECKAGE again too!! On which note, NO to banning reckless drivers or whatever, that's the nature of this game.

Other mistakes were dishonesties in the hype of FH3: much bigger map and create your own races. It sounds like they have the second one properly this time, and are being more honest with map size, although they are being very cagey with the actual map, AND hopefully they are not counting it as 4 maps based on the seasons. We'll see … uhh I mean stay tuned! ><
#57 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:53:07 PM(UTC)
So after giving it some thought, here is how I would like it to work.

There will be 2 online modes, "Purist" and "FFA".

FFA is basically the same as we have now, unchanged. This mode is where new players can learn and people can crash and drive badly without penalties.

Purist would be a racing mode where the aim is to win races. There are penalties for disruptive driving and the races are longer. Maybe 5 laps instead of 3. This is because shorter tracks don't give players a chance to catch up if they start at the back of the grid or lose seconds for whatever reason. Longer races gives more distance to catch up to the leaders, which is a problem with the shorter races in FH3 (made worse by bad drivers. One crash can eliminate any chance a player has of winning because there isn't enough track to catch up before the finish).

I can't think of any reason why certain people would be against the inclusion of a purist mode. The only valid argument so far is that it would be too harsh on newer/less skilled players, which is countered by keeping the FFA mode available. Other people seem to be blindly against the idea with no explanation why they are against it. I can only assume they enjoy trolling people who want to race properly and if they are all playing purist mode, there will be no-one left for them to troll. If this is the case, then it shows exactly why a purist mode is needed.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 4:52:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LOSTVENGENCE96 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
of these the only mistake made was the PI balance of the V12 engine swap.
people who used the XP boards to their advantage were just smarter than the average bear!!

Absolutely wrong. The game is about racing. Not drifting. Placing actually last but winning 1st because you drove with "style" is game breaking. Kept a lot of people from enjoying multiplayer.

Why are you quoting me in an answer that has nothing to do with my comment???
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:25:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, sooo... lol

Well to me, the biggest FH3 mistakes were catering to the more arcade type player. Throwing in fluff content, license plate and character customization, and novel, Hot Wheels pack, but not new things like drift upgrade path and drag upgrade path. New zones like Drag Zones. Anything to actually move the franchise forward, not take the appeal to the every gamer crowd strategy.

I understand wanting to expand the series popularity but selling out isn’t the way to keep a series strong. Again, just my opinion.

don't think drifting and dragging is as big as drifters and draggers think it is and that a majority of players are just not interested in either of them
if they were that big there would have been a game made just with drifting and drags in it

ok make them optional in a game but don't force it onto everyone

We’ll have to agree to disagree about it not being popular enough. Both would be extremely popular if someone would actual put effort into making either worth playing. Both are beginning to get some attention from turn 10, the Experimental Drag in FM7 and Drift stuff mentioned in FH4.

I fully believe that if these types of racing were well implemented there would be an enormous gain in folks actually playing it.

And for the record, in absolutely no thread on here have I ever asked or implied that anyone should be forced to do what they don’t want to do. Ya don’t wanna drag or drift, cool. Don’t. For the many of us that do, it’s time that there was effort made to make that possible.

TC9700 said that he saw an actual 1/4 drag strip inside the festival on this game, so hopefully we will get some drag stuff. I agree that drag and drift are both very important to the game. Hopefully the drift suspension upgrade is good, it could be a lot of fun if it is.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:24:03 PM(UTC)
#1 would be great but I fear they'll want to shove off-roading down our throats like in Fh3.

(not that I didn't find it fun, but I don't want to convert all my cars to AWD)
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 4:49:34 PM(UTC)
I think my biggest request would be a longer time for picking your car when entering online adventure(or whatever they're calling it now). Even with "favorites"(which is awesome), it sometimes still isn't enough time to choose a car(when you have several hundred to choose from), then you're stuck with a rental or some car you didn't want. How about you give us a little more time, and if someone hasn't picked a car yet, give them as much time as they want and just add them into the event once they've chosen. I'd rather start late driving to the first/next event or even missing a race than having a car I don't want. I will just quit and join another lobby, and potentially have the same problem.
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:20:36 PM(UTC)
You’re delusional man lol
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 3:58:13 AM(UTC)
... Making friends might be an option for Xbox players, but PC players are not allowed to communicate with others.

rly? u didnt know that every win10 has installed the xbox app?! how long r u playing forza? not a long time or? because if u got a message theres a overlay which pop ups and u can see it.

...that said all for me.
 2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 8:46:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BABYFATSMGEZAC Go to Quoted Post
I think my biggest request would be a longer time for picking your car when entering online adventure(or whatever they're calling it now). Even with "favorites"(which is awesome), it sometimes still isn't enough time to choose a car(when you have several hundred to choose from), then you're stuck with a rental or some car you didn't want. How about you give us a little more time, and if someone hasn't picked a car yet, give them as much time as they want and just add them into the event once they've chosen. I'd rather start late driving to the first/next event or even missing a race than having a car I don't want. I will just quit and join another lobby, and potentially have the same problem.

Yeah, kinda dumb they give 60 seconds to vote on a race but only 30 seconds to choose a car.
#65 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 8:48:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SweetShoxxx Go to Quoted Post
... Making friends might be an option for Xbox players, but PC players are not allowed to communicate with others.

rly? u didnt know that every win10 has installed the xbox app?! how long r u playing forza? not a long time or? because if u got a message theres a overlay which pop ups and u can see it.

...that said all for me.
I'm talking about voice comms. Since I played FH3 I had 3 text messages and I didn't see any of them until I randomly clicked on a weird icon 6 months later. I don't even look at my Xbox app.

1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 8:49:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
You’re delusional man lol

Dude, do you have anything constructive to offer at all? I don't get why you keep coming back to troll this thread.

5 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 1:04:15 PM(UTC)
OP, just for the record, I do not agree with any of your 3 complaints.

I love Horizon the way it is.

Save the penalties for the Motorsport series.
#68 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 11:24:46 PM(UTC)
So you don't have a problem with the PI balance? Seems you're in the minority.
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 1/25/2046 1:54:13 PM(UTC)
#69 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 12:18:19 AM(UTC)

The majority don't post anything, they just like individuals posts if they agree with them.

Definition of Loyal: Giving or showing firm and *constant* support or allegiance to a person or institution

#70 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 9:03:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YanaYaYa UK Go to Quoted Post

The majority don't post anything, they just like individuals posts if they agree with them.

If they don't post, then their opinion can't be considered. I know most people who play the game don't post here. Neither do I (check my post history, most my posts are in this thread). I've been playing Forza since the first edition on XboX (before that I played gran turismo since the first edition on PS1). In this thread though, it seems conclusive that anyone who has an opinion on the matter is in general agreement that the PI weights are imbalanced.

If someone wants to argue that the PI weights are or are not imbalanced then I am more than happy for them to voice their opinion.

When it comes to liking a post, the likes are kinda meaningless. When you get guys posting nothing but trolling trash and get upvoted for it, then the amount of likes cant be considered as an approximation of valid opinion.

Take the post further up for instance "You're delusional" gets upvoted, yet it offers no argument or any reason for making the comment. Are you telling me that "You're delusional" is a valid argument in any degree?

Edited by user Saturday, June 23, 2018 9:09:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2018 11:08:39 AM(UTC)
I want more balanced Drivitars. The worst part of FH3 were the ridiculously OP Drivvitars you could get if you'd do something as simple as put on racing tires. Drivitars you couldn't catch up with no matter how hard you tried thanks to impeccable grip and insane acceleration.

Make it more fair. Challenging but if your car is up to snuff, make it come down to driving skill.
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 3:15:29 AM(UTC)
The best way to handle wreckers is to detect a wreck, which can be interpreted as a dive bomb movement with no brakes being applied in a certain range, and when detected, make the assailant or target car invisible with damage being applied to the assailant car only even when playing in cosmetic mode. This will allow the assailant driver to incur full damage for his/her follies. Upon exit, if the person leaves that session, upon entry they should be placed into a lobby session of like minded dive bombers - welcome to payback boys and girls!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#73 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 2:45:36 AM(UTC)
Honestly I hope they don’t do anything about the slobs. Their lousy driving is easy to overcome and nets me a lot of wins.

I actually feel like I’d be at the back of the pack constantly if everyone respected the rules of the road and brought their A-game.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error